As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[BSG:BG] Daybreak Game 1 - Game Over

• TenekTenek Registered User regular
    Since I guess this doesn't change regardless of the outcome Activate FTL Control

Time to find out whether or not Violent Outbursts made it in from Destiny, I guess.

• PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    A morale and 18 cards wasted, not too bad really. Sadly my hand actually is shit so I can't stop this. Oh well

• MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    Turn 12: Lee Adama (Tenek)

[7] Leadership + Tactics
    Pass: Gaius Baltar (Phyphor) is sent to the "Brig".
    Fail: No effect.

Before the start of the skill check, Tenek plays Engineering 3 - Scientific Research, making all Engineering cards in the skill check count as positive.

Skill Check Contributions
    Destiny Deck - 2 cards
    Helena Cain (Professor Phobos) - 2 cards
    D'Anna Biers (Kaneski) - 1 card
    Sherman "Doc" Cottle (Kirindal) - 0 cards
    Romo Lampkin (blahmcblah) - 0 cards
    Gaius Baltar, Daybreak ver. (Phyphor) - 3 cards
    Louanne "Kat" Katraine (Grunt's Ghosts) - 0 cards
    Lee Adama, Daybreak ver. (Tenek) - 4 cards

Leadership 3 - Declare Emergency
    Leadership 3 - Declare Emergency
    Leadership 4 - Declare Emergency
    Leadership 5 - Change of Plans
    Leadership 5 - Declare Emergency

Tactics 2 - Launch Scout
    Tactics 4 - Strategic Planning

Politics 1 - Consolidate Power
    Politics 1 - Consolidate Power
    Politics 3 - Investigative Committee
    Politics 3 - Popular Influence

Treachery 5 - Exploit a Weakness

20 + 6 - 8 - 5 = 13, Pass.

Since the total is over 10, Professor Phobos has the option of executing Phyphor instead of sending him to the Brig. Before that occurs, due to the presence of Exploit a Weakness in the check, Tenek must select a human player to draw a Mutiny Card. Who will it be?

4463rwiq7r47.png
    Do it!

Hah. I was waiting for the other shoe to drop. Me

There should be bonus morale for executing a Cylon.

• KaneskiKaneski Registered User regular
    edited September 2013
    @Tenek why not make Baltar take the Mutiny? He's about to float in space anyway.

Edit: Sorry, didn't see the bold green. Too late, I guess. :)

Kaneski on
    ... Crap. Didn't think of that. :\

• Professor PhobosProfessor Phobos Registered User regular
    edited September 2013
    I Play Strategic Planning for the FTL Control Roll and execute the ever living hell out of Baltar.

Professor Phobos on
    Thank you, I get to start up the cylon actions one sequence faster

Phyphor wrote: »
    Thank you, I get to start up the cylon actions one sequence faster

Ehh... better than having you spike 2-3 more checks in the meantime. Well.. about 50/50 I'd say.

edited September 2013
    I wish. I have 4 points worth of cards in my hand. At best I could make you think I was doing that

Phyphor on
    It's a shame I have to go back to not trusting anyone as soon as we jump :P

Aye. No way for us to know, though.

Also, it would be pretty amusing if we did the destroy-the-hub mission before your turn... >_>

Hey, you all trusted me, you even gave me your OPGs! Which is funny because that's the optimal move for both human and cylon baltar. This baltar is terrible at being a cylon, due to the brig thing, (unless you get mutineer, that would be perfect - steal/mutiny, steal/brig, reveal) but has a legitimate reason to covertly hurt the humans. My only regret is that cain went to sickbay before my last turn so I couldn't take her token.

Only with pegasus expansion, he's terrible. Without Cain or Airlock - he'd be running around or get to use his ability.

Oh sure, but I take those as a given. Cain turns up in most games and everyone plays with pegasus

Fair.

There needs to be some serious Demetriusing to make up the cards you broke. :)

edited September 2013

Tenek elects to draw the Mutiny card himself. Professor Phobos elects to execute Phyphor. Phyphor reveals his Loyalty Card:

You Are a Cylon: Can Damage Galactica
    Action: Reveal this card. If you are not in the "Brig", you may draw up to 5 Galactica damage tokens. Choose 2 of them to resolve and discard the others.

Phyphor discards his Skill Cards (Politics 0 - Red Tape, Leadership 0 - Iron Will, Leadership 1 - Executive Order, and Leadership 2 - Executive Order), Miracle Tokens, and moves to the Resurrection Ship location.

Tenek uses his general ability to activate the FTL Control location; Professor Phobos plays Tactics 3 - Strategic Planning to aid the FTL Control roll.

3 < 6, Fail. -3 Population. Professor Phobos draws two cards from the Destination Deck and selects one to play.

Geth roll 1d8+2 for FTL Control

FTL Control:
    1d8+2 3 [1d8=1]

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
    edited September 2013
    Another reason I really wanted to be executed - now I get to keep the demetrius draws. And my secret buddy gets to use them too

Phyphor on
    Well, there goes 3 pop. No big.

O.o

Surprised you didn't try red tape to stop the brig.

• blahmcblahblahmcblah You pick your side and you stick - you don't cut and run when things get ugly. Registered User regular
    He wanted to be brigged to activate his sick Cylon card.

I considered it, but I figured it would be ineffective, as I expected more lower value value cards. Plus, there was a very good chance of - DD cards that it would effect

edited September 2013
    Hmm. Two mediocre choices. Remote Planet.

Distance +2, Lose 1 Fuel, 1 Raptor.

Professor Phobos on
  • blahmcblahblahmcblah You pick your side and you stick - you don't cut and run when things get ugly. Registered User regular
    More distance than fuel though, definitely needed.

blahmcblah wrote: »
    More distance than fuel though, definitely needed.

Yeah, but I think we should definitely work on the fuel issue still.

Too bad about Hoshi's token though. :P

edited September 2013
    Scout for Fuel is in the discard pile. Need to demetrius Tactics to recycle, but Cylons might get it... 2/7 odds aren't bad. Can also get up to 3 distance out of the mission pile.

Also Phobos, since one of those destinations was 1 I placed back, could I just some sort of thumbs up? *wink-nudge*

Kaneski on
    edited September 2013
    The fleet has traveled a total of 5 distance, triggering the Sleeper Phase. Each player will draw a Loyalty Card from the deck, excepting Kaneski, who will draw two more Cylon Motive cards. Phyhor may pass his drawn Loyalty card to any human player.

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
    Kaneski wrote: »
    Scout for Fuel is in the discard pile. Need to demetrius Tactics to recycle, but Cylons might get it... 2/7 odds aren't bad. Can also get up to 3 distance out of the mission pile.

Also Phobos, since one of those destinations was 1 I placed back, could I just some sort of thumbs up? *wink-nudge*

Oh yeah. Neither destination was bad enough I'd bottom-deck them myself. I mean, sure, I picked Remote Planet over the alternative (Planet of the Magical Sex Fantasy Angels Who Kill All the Cylons And Then Get Everyone New Bicycles +5 Distance, 0 Fuel, Destroy 1 Raptor), but I'd leave either one on top of the deck.

edited September 2013
    Keep in mind that your loyal cylon dog can draw two cylon win missions and turn on you and in any case needs to complete 3

Phyphor on
    edited September 2013
    You're just jealous I get to hang out with sexy Adama, while all you get is your masturbation/resurrection tank.

Kaneski on
    I'm Baltar. I love nothing more than myself anyway. Plus I have Head Six for sexytimes!

edited September 2013
    Nuh-uh. If not a chosen character, doesn't exist. No sixes, no eights. Though I suspect that Ones would've been Baltar's preference anyway.

Kaneski on
    Yeah... that's why I said Head Six, you know the figment of my imagination?

• Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    I'm now confused. Is this Battlesex Gonzo now?

Professor Phobos selects Remote Planet as the destination, placing the other Destination card at the bottom of the deck. +2 distance, -1 Fuel, -1 Raptor. Since the human fleet has traveled 5 distance, the Sleeper Phase is triggered. Each player draws a Loyalty card, except Kaneski, who draws two more Cylon Agenda cards. Phyphor passes his Sleeper Loyalty Card to Professor Phobos.

Lee Adama, knowing that the fleet is in a tough spot, moves to Galactica to oversee emergency jump preparations and calls up for Helena Cain to be put back on active duty. The Admiral springs into action and calls for the arrest of another of the fleet's prominent figures, Gaius Baltar. Sensing his hostile motives, the cult personality is executed to prevent him from making any more trouble. Meanwhile, emergency jump preparations are completed and the fleet jumps away - but not everybody makes it to the designated destination. However, there is hope that some of those that made wayward jumps can be brought back to the fleet, but it will take resources to do so. It falls to President Lampkin to make the call to go find and bring back survivors of the last jump or to abandon them to their fate...

Crisis Step: Rescue Caprica Survivors

President Romo Lampkin (blahmcblah) must choose:
    A) -1 Fuel, -1 Food, +1 Population.
    OR
    B) -1 Morale.

After Crisis: Activate Raiders, Advance Jump Preparation

4463rwiq7r47.png
    Just in terms of strategy, this will be the last jump (barring some kind of 1 distance/1 distance fuckery) where I can Blind Jump us, so we should probably destination scout before then if we're still planning on a Blind Jump at some point.