As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Chat] de la Quid!

1454647484951»

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007
    redx wrote: »
    I half thought they were generic Oxycodone.

Do you remember the imprint?

I can often identify generic opioid medications by the imprint from memory. Don't ask me how I can do this.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    People don't let me edit their papers at school anymore because I have ridiculously high standards.

Also, Yalbo is insane and I hate him. For real.

P10 on
    Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    yalborapyalborap Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Incenjucar wrote: »
    I was mostly joking. It's pretty basic concept though that I'm pretty sure I've seen in anime and such... the closest I can actually identify though is that ghost woman from Inu Yasha who munches on souls to keep around.

Maybe we should collaborate so we can nitpick each other into originality. :P

Well, there's Raziel from Soul Reaver.

yalborap on
  • Options
    yalborapyalborap Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    People don't let me edit their papers at school anymore because I have ridiculously high standards.

Also, Yalbo is insane and I hate him. For real.

Well then, I can hate you too. All is well in the world.

yalborap on
  • Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited September 2007
    yalborap wrote: »
    Well, there's Raziel from Soul Reaver.

Yeah him too.

--

It takes about a paragraph for people to get tired of my high-range editing and to ask for me just to read the whole thing and give them an overall opinion.

I mean cripes, I can criticize Shakespeare and you want me to reduce it to Thumbs Up/Thumbs Down? Pffft.

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    redxredx I(x)=2(x)+1 whole numbersRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Feral wrote: »
    redx wrote: »
    I half thought they were generic Oxycodone.

Do you remember the imprint?

I can often identify generic opioid medications by the imprint from memory. Don't ask me how I can do this.

Not offhand, but I looked it up. Allergy medication, though a mild stimulant and one of the compounds is supposed to act a bit like an SSRI.

redx on
    They moistly come out at night, moistly.
  • Options
    sdrawkcaB emaNsdrawkcaB emaN regular
    edited September 2007
    Incenjucar wrote: »
    I was mostly joking. It's pretty basic concept though that I'm pretty sure I've seen in anime and such... the closest I can actually identify though is that ghost woman from Inu Yasha who munches on souls to keep around.

Maybe we should collaborate so we can nitpick each other into originality. :P

Honestly, I'm not that concerned if people can draw parallels between my characters/stories and others. There's just so much stuff out there -- of course people are going to be able to draw parallels to other IPs no matter what you write about.

I honestly am feeling pretty good about what I've concocted so far. Plus it seems like summarizing makes anything sound more cliché. Partly because one of the ways we summarize is to draw parallels to similar works.

I'm just glad that somehow I managed to squeeze a message in there without it ruining my story. Usually I have trouble with the integration. Now I just need to figure out if she has companions/who they would be. It might be interesting if she doesn't actually have any companions with physical bodies. I mean, there will be at least three different conscious beings occupying her body, so lonerism might work for her.

sdrawkcaB emaN on
  • Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    And now I'm going to bed, and it's all Yalbo's fault.

goodnight, all.

P10 on
    Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited September 2007
    20000315h.jpg

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
This discussion has been closed.