As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[BSG:BG] Daybreak Game 1 - Game Over

• Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    I'm now confused. Is this Battlesex Gonzo now?

Did... did you not see the show?

• Options
    KaneskiKaneski Registered User regular
    Phyphor wrote: »
    Yeah... that's why I said Head Six, you know the figment of my imagination?

right. Thought you meant the six in charge of rebellion...

• Options
    Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular

Honestly, maybe 5 episodes.

• Options
    Professor PhobosProfessor Phobos Registered User regular

Honestly, maybe 5 episodes.

Spoiler: Everyone dies, but it's okay, because there are birds.

• Options
    Alright... so... *looks at resource tracks* fuck... I'm still tied to you meatsacks for victory. I'm going to come over on my turn. I got 3 cards that will really help you humans and I cant use them from cylon locations.

Sorry brother.

Blind jump... unless you get xo'ed, odds are ftl will be a better option by the time its your turn again. Unless you just go for it immediately. Dont think theres a destination that can kill us, but a few that can drop fuel to 1...

• Options
    edited September 2013
    There are destinations that can kill us, IIRC. I mean, aside from obvious cases like Misjump (destroys fuel ship) + a 2 fuel destination...

Professor Phobos on
  • Options
    The 3 distance 3 fuel is already out...

• Options
    Well... the current will instantly clear romo one way or the other...

• Options
    Kaneski wrote: »

Well, remember, Blind Jump destroys two civilian ships. Plus there are destination cards that can damage Galactica; i.e., hit the fuel.

• Options

Well, remember, Blind Jump destroys two civilian ships. Plus there are destination cards that can damage Galactica; i.e., hit the fuel.

Right... keep forgetting...

• Options
    blahmcblahblahmcblah You pick your side and you stick - you don't cut and run when things get ugly. Registered User regular
    Damn, still not a Cylon. Sucks to lose another morale, but we can't lose the fuel. Option B

• Options
    We are just an unhappy fleet all around, I think.

• Options
    blahmcblah wrote: »
    Damn, still not a Cylon. Sucks to lose another morale, but we can't lose the fuel. Option B

1 meatbag clear, 4 to go...

• Options
    MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    edited September 2013
    Turn 12: Lee Adama (Tenek)

blahmcblah selections Option B, -1 morale.

With heavy heart, President Lampkin declares that the resources are simply not available for a retrieval mission, and that the fleet must continue onwards into the unknown future.

After Crisis: One raider is placed in the port-quarter (5 o'clock) area of the Cylon Fleet Board. The pursuit track advances to Level 2 - Grunt's Ghosts must place 1 civilian ship in either the Fore (9 o'clock) or Starboard-Bow (11 o'clock) areas of the main board - where will the ship be placed?

Geth roll 1d8 for Activate Raiders

Activate Raiders:
    1d8 2 [1d8=2]

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    11 o'clock

• Options
    edited September 2013
    Actually, the next turn will clear Cain as well, I think... so both Prez and Admiral might be ok... (edit: or we die a rapid and painful death)

For future planning - after I land on Galactica, XOing me would give you guys some magic stuff. Among them (especially before our pilots' next turn) - good vipers.

Kaneski on
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Turn 12: Lee Adama (Tenek)

After Crisis: Grunt's Ghosts places a civilian ship in the Starboard-bow (11 o'clock) area of the main board. Jump Preparation advances to Level 2 - Jump unavailable.

Turn 13: Helena Cain (Professor Phobos)

Receive Skills Step: Helena Cain (Professor Phobos) draws 2 Leadership and 3 Tactics cards.

Current Situation:
    BSGBG-GameD01-T13-1.gif
    Resources: Fuel - 3, Food - 6, Morale - 5, Population - 10.

Jump Preparation: Level 2 - Jump unavailable.
    Pursuit Track: Level 2.

Distance Covered: 5

Galactica: Weapons Control damaged, no boarding parties.
    Pegasus: Engine Room damaged.

Nuke Tokens: 2 remain.
    Quorum Cards: 3 in hand.

Active Quorum Cards:
    Accept Prophecy - Prevent transfer of President title via the Administration location or increase difficulty of Admiral's Quarters checks against the President by 2; card is used once before discarded.

Ship Reserves: 6 Viper Mk II, 2 Raptors, and 1 Assault Raptor available, 4 Viper Mk VIIs damaged.

Characters:
    Samuel "Doc" Cottle (Kirindal) - Captain's Cabin (1 Skill Card)
    President Romo Lampkin (blahmcblah) - President's Office (1 Skill Card, 2 Mutiny Cards, Mutineer)
    Gaius Baltar, Daybreak ver. (Phyphor) - Resurrection Ship (0 Skill Cards)
    CAG Louanne "Kat" Katraine (Grunt's Ghosts) - Hangar Deck (0 Skill Cards, 1 Miracle Token)
    Lee Adama, Daybreak ver. (Tenek) - FTL Control (3 Skill Cards, 1 Mutiny Card, 1 Miracle Token)
    Admiral Helena Cain (Professor Phobos) - Admiral's Quarters (5 Skill Cards, 1 Miracle Token)
    D'Anna Biers (Kaneski) - Human Fleet (4 Skill Cards, 1 Miracle Token)

Galactica Space:
    Fore (9 o'clock) - None.
    Starboard-bow (11 o'clock) - 1 Civilian Ship.
    Starboard-quarter (1 o'clock) - 1 Civilian Ship.
    Aft (3 o'clock) - 2 Civilian Ships.
    Port-quarter (5 o'clock) - 1 Civilian Ship.
    Port-bow (7 o'clock) - 1 Civilian Ship.

Cylon Space:
    Fore (9 o'clock) - 1 Basestar, 2 Raiders, 1 Heavy Raider.
    Starboard-bow (11 o'clock) - 3 Raiders.
    Starboard-quarter (1 o'clock) - 1 Basestar.
    Aft (3 o'clock) - 3 Raiders.
    Port-quarter (5 o'clock) - 1 Raider.
    Port-bow (7 o'clock) - None.

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    I do like vipers. I'm renaming them to stingers. They are faster, stronger, and run on rainbows...

*mumble mumble*

They use less fuel. But they should run on rainbows. Pencilpushers, get on that.

• Options
    Unless someone has a better idea, I'm thinking Launch Scout?

• Options
    Actually, the next turn will clear Cain as well, I think... so both Prez and Admiral might be ok... (edit: or we die a rapid and painful death)

For future planning - after I land on Galactica, XOing me would give you guys some magic stuff. Among them (especially before our pilots' next turn) - good vipers.

Not necessarily. While an immediate blind jump as a cylon could be a very good thing (even a win!), it could also lead to a net fuel-positive destination, while waiting for a natural jump cycle draws the game out and gives the chance to pick the worst of two destinations

• Options
    edited September 2013

Not necessarily. While an immediate blind jump as a cylon could be a very good thing (even a win!), it could also lead to a net fuel-positive destination, while waiting for a natural jump cycle draws the game out and gives the chance to pick the worst of two destinations

Aww c'mon, the sheer odds... It's an almost guaranteed death sentence.

@Professor Phobos I can make 3 suggestions: 1. Command and 2 vipers to port quarter. We need space ships to get the civs... 2. If you have an XO... Doc (for cards from Demetrius) or Romo to get rid of a Mutiny in advance, so he can actually do something useful on his turn. Doc is a bigger risk, but we need cards. 3. If your hand is strong (10-12), you could try a Demetrius Mission. This one is just for laughs.

Kaneski on
  • Options
    blahmcblahblahmcblah You pick your side and you stick - you don't cut and run when things get ugly. Registered User regular
    Scouting is a good idea if you're going to Blind Jump, yes. Otherwise, I have no good ideas. I'm not even in position for an XO to let me draw/play multiple Quorum cards (unless I draw Critical Situation on my turn).

• Options
    Yes! Please do a mission when the humans have 10 cards between them

• Options
    Like I said - for laughs. Since we're playing Daybreak and only 1 Daybreak thing got used to far. Avoids a crisis for a turn, though...

• Options
    Yeah, I guess XOing me wouldn't be terrible. I could play a mutiny card and maybe a quorum card too.

• Options
    edited September 2013
    Hand isn't super strong, but I do have an XO. Cottle or Lampkin is the consensus? I can launch scout as well and then blind jump later if it proves necessary, but it seems too much of a risk at this point.

Professor Phobos on
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    If it's between me and Cottle, you should definitely pick me. It's always dangerous to XO someone right after Sleeper, and especially so when their turn is next. Given that D'Anna can't do anything to Cottle should he prove to be a toaster, it's pretty much like his turn is next.

blahmcblah on
  • Options
    Lampkin is safer, because if he was a Cylon, he had a prime opportunity to do real damage with the last Crisis. Doc is more useful (no offense), but an unknown.

• Options
    That too.

• Options
    Really really hoping that we get 2 crisis with jump track advance before Romo's turn... FTL out is better than fighting and losing a ton of civs.

• Options
    TenekTenek Registered User regular
    I'd lean towards Kat for the XO, she could clear out the 5:00 civilian and launch a viper to get the 7:00 one. Or she could reveal, in which case I'd at least know I had to fill in for the piloting.

• Options
    Also viable, but the mutinies tie Romo's hands, and he's sorta tested already.

• Options
    What would Romo do, if XOed? I don't think a Cylon could resist Option A on that check, so I'm inclined to toss him the XO.

• Options
    In the interest of keeping things moving, Leadership 1 - Executive Order on the good Mr. Lampkin.

• Options
    TenekTenek Registered User regular
    Might be a good time for our fuel boost, Mr. President.

• Options
    Yep, that's one of the things I had in mind for him.

• Options
    Yep, that was my plan too. I probably should've left a CO with MrB just in case I was XO'd, but anyway...

Play Quorum card - Unsavory Connections - Action: Discard 2 random Skill Cards and draw 2 Treachery Cards. Then gain either 1 Food or 1 Fuel and discard this card. - (quite sadly) discarding Tactics 5 - Strategic Planning to gain 1 fuel.

Then play Mutiny card - Panic - Action: Place 1 civilian ship behind Galactica. Then, activate 1 unmanned viper, if possible, and discard this card. - Launch a viper to Port-Quarter.

• Options
    edited September 2013
    Turn 13: Helena Cain (Professor Phobos)

Movement Step: Professor Phobos remains at Admiral's Quarters.
    Action Step: Play Leadership 1 - Executive Order, targeting blahmcblah. blahmcblah plays Quorum Card "Unsavory Connections", discarding Tactics 5 - Strategic Planning and drawing 2 Treachery cards to gain 1 Fuel for his first action. For his second action, blahmcblah plays Mutiny Card "Panic", placing a civilian ship Aft (3 o'clock) of Galactica, but launching a Viper Mk. II to port-quarter (5 o'clock).

Helena Cain gives President Lampkin clearance to conduct his business. Making a few shrewd deals, he manages to squeeze out more Tylium fuel to share among the fleet and gets flight patrols started once more. Meanwhile, a ship pops up on Galactica's Dradis, but the nature of the vessel is unclear. Is it one of the misjumped ships, making a miraculous return or is it something more sinister?

Crisis Card: Unidentified Ship

Skill Check [10] Tactics + Piloting
    Pass: No effect.
    Fail: -1 Population.

After Crisis: Launch Raiders

Skill Check Contributions
    Destiny Deck - 2 cards
    D'Anna Biers (Kaneski) -
    Sherman "Doc" Cottle (Kirindal) -
    Romo Lampkin (blahmcblah) -
    Gaius Baltar, Daybreak ver. (Phyphor) -
    Louanne "Kat" Katraine (Grunt's Ghosts) - 0 cards
    Lee Adama, Daybreak ver. (Tenek) -
    Helena Cain (Professor Phobos) -

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    Space crisis averted - the fore area is going to jump in. Woo!

As for skill check - totally not my colors. Cannot help you squishy meatbags. Honestly though... with space threat about to go from "GRAGH! I CUT YOU!" to "Sir, please stop"... 1 pop...

• Options
    I don't want to part with most of my Tactics cards but I could play Guts & Initiative if we want to at least not have to worry about Destiny. I'm not sure it's worth it given we're still at a decent population and the new Reckless rules are pretty vicious.