As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Phalla] Five Star Masterchef - Village wins, Sir Fabulous crowned Five Star Masterchef!

• premiumpremium Registered User regular
    Ties are great if there's still time left in the day
    Why all the tie hate lately

• enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    Fine, ihaveachair instead.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • EgosEgos Registered User regular
    umm, for some reason I was getting team 2 and team 3 mixed up.

isn't ihaveachair immune to the vote (my vote doesn't count either)?

• AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    premium wrote: »
    Ties are great if there's still time left in the day
    Why all the tie hate lately

Never trust revealed mafia, never tie the vote, never reveal, never speculate!

kshu0oba7xnr.png

jdarksun wrote: »
    Team 2
    Delmain
    Gizzy
    enlightenedbum
    ihaveachair
    kime
    ObiFett
    Rawkking Goodguy

jdarksun wrote: »

Team 2 has won the Team Challenge and is safe from Elimination in Day 2, Round 2.

or am I missing something?

• enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    jdark said the vote is an exception to that rule.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
    ah ok

• MrTLiciousMrTLicious Registered User regular
    Elimination in that context refers specifically refers to the game show-style elimination mechanic, not elimination by any means.

ihaveachair

• jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    Basically

1. Do we get our dice roll results? (which we've all started getting at this point)
    2. Are jeer/cheer results included in our final quality in these results PMs?
    3. Can our individual dice rolls be manipulated by the abilities of other players?
    1. Yes.
    2. No.
    3. No.

• GizzyGizzy i am a cat PhoenixRegistered User regular
    KetBra to have another vote option since Farangu revealed. Plus I can't vote for Team 2!

Switch Animal Crossing Friend Code: SW-5107-9276-1030
    Island Name: Felinefine
    surprised that last one wasn't C/D

• KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    dice rolls can't be manipulated but that says nothing of results

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
    KetBra wrote: »

ah nice catch

• FreeAgentFreeAgent Registered User regular
    I'll !vote ihaveachair since I've been vaguely suspicious of him since his throwaway vote wording on day 1, and this seems as good a time as any to put him to the test.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rawkking GoodguyRawkking Goodguy Registered User regular

Brah? I find this exceedingly nitpicky.

Though ask that clarification yourself if you find it actually something jdark would make the distinction between.

The clarification will be useless, because of cheer/jeer

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • vertrouevertroue I am Female Totes Not a SithRegistered User regular
    SO just ignore everyone?

Blood and Fire
    From the Desk of Darth Vertroue Diplomat to the USA.
    vertroue wrote: »
    SO just ignore everyone?

Unless you're already safe from elimination, and there's someone you specifically want to help or set up for failure, it might be smart.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The clarification will be useless, because of cheer/jeer

Are you talking about the results of dice rolls (your reported number of matches) or the results of the competition?

Because I think we're in agreement that the results of the competition can be influenced by cheer/jeer, and anything else that exists.

are there abilities outside of jeer/cheer that can affect the quality of one's dish?

I think jdark and most hosts would get all "lawyer-y" (aka nitpicky) :D it's their job

• Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    Gizzy wrote: »
    KetBrato have another vote option since Farangu revealed. Plus I can't vote for Team 2!

Guys.

It's time to stop making mistakes that have been made 100 times before. Please, actually read the thread.

You can vote for people who won a challenge, the "immunity" they get only applies to elimination by game mechanics.

Jdarksun has explicitly stated that there is nothing that can cause immunity to the red vote.

You can vote for people who are immune.

In fact, I encourage you to do so.

Thank you.

pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
    edited September 2013
    At first I thought Ketbra was saying "They might not affect your dice rolls, but they could still affect your dice roll results (IE: number of matches)!" which was just O_o but now I guess not?

Yeah of course your clarification is going to be CD'd Egos.

Rawkking Goodguy on
    hey it's worth asking on the off chance (some hosts are surprisingly upfront), but yeah I fully expect CD

@S

edited September 2013
    Bleh

@Sir Fabulous , I suspect Gizzy meant she can't vote for another team 2 member out of loyalty vs mechanics

Egos on
  • MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    My attention is completely distracted and I need to finish writing this review, so I'm just gonna drop my !vote for KetBra in case the vote needs to turn away from ihaveachair for any reason.

Including my vote, that should put ihaveachair in a three vote lead (7 votes) over KetBra and Farangu (4 votes each).

4463rwiq7r47.png
    ihaveachair

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
    Why aren't we taking out the reserves that have a 50/50 shot of being mafia?

Or are we still pretending to ignore that slip-up?

• ihaveachairihaveachair Registered User regular
    Since it looks like I may be saying goodbye, and I'm not sure I've played enough of these to tell...am I just the target of a major random bandwagon or did I do anything that seemed suspicious?

3v72GoR.jpg
    3DS: 5129-3454-7122
    MrTLicious wrote: »

how do you know it's 50/50

KGMvDLc.jpg?1

It seems significantly more likely that the mafia role was randomly distributed to someone who had previously been just a villager, and not simply given to a replacement.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • GizzyGizzy i am a cat PhoenixRegistered User regular
    Egos wrote: »
    Bleh

@Sir Fabulous , I suspect Gizzy meant she can't vote for another team 2 member out of loyalty vs mechanics

Correct! I probably should have worded that better .. like I don't want to vote for a team 2 member.

Switch Animal Crossing Friend Code: SW-5107-9276-1030
    Island Name: Felinefine
    FreeAgent wrote: »

It seems significantly more likely that the mafia role was randomly distributed to someone who had previously been just a villager, and not simply given to a replacement.

Why do you think this? I think it would be very strange for someone's victory condition to change mid-game because of withdrawals.

how do you know it's 50/50

Because one of the withdrawals was mafia.

edited September 2013
    Since it looks like I may be saying goodbye, and I'm not sure I've played enough of these to tell...am I just the target of a major random bandwagon or did I do anything that seemed suspicious?

Generally when people are voting for you, you should do something besides just vote for the person who gave a reason for you.

Address their argument and explain why you disagree, suggest someone else you suspect, anything. Just being all "oh I'll vote for the guy who started a vote against me" makes you seem either like

A: A very lazy villager
    or
    B: A mafioso who wants to minimize how useful their vote record is by voting for the one person who is probably already getting viewed as village-aligned for killing you.

Neither of which is really going to motivate people to try to keep you alive!

Rawkking Goodguy on
  • vertrouevertroue I am Female Totes Not a SithRegistered User regular

They love you.

Blood and Fire
    From the Desk of Darth Vertroue Diplomat to the USA.
  • MillMill Registered User regular

Given it was day one and that vanillagers are a thing. I'm entertaining the idea that Jdark could have easily taken the two reserves, along with the vanillagers, mixed the names and then drew the remaining mafioso. Pretty much, I have some doubts that the two reserves are a 50/50 shot.

Mill wrote: »

Given it was day one and that vanillagers are a thing. I'm entertaining the idea that Jdark could have easily taken the two reserves, along with the vanillagers, mixed the names and then drew the remaining mafioso. Pretty much, I have some doubts that the two reserves are a 50/50 shot.

If you think this is likely then you should tell them everything because they are essentially confirmed.

• ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Rawking Goodguy

FreeAgent wrote: »

Why do you think this? I think it would be very strange for someone's victory condition to change mid-game because of withdrawals.

Well, it was still only day one, so the change would be minor as networks aren't set up, and that sort of thing didn't used to be so unusual. Besides, it seems a relatively elegant solution as opposed to the alternatives (losing a mafia and skewing the percentages, or bringing in a villain we all know about.)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    edited September 2013

Mill wrote: »

Sir Fab. Doing his best to prevent forum miscommunication since 2010.

Sir Fabulous on
    pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
    Jdark also gave a host clarification heavily implying we shouldn't expect one of the two replacements to be mafia.
    ObiFett wrote: »
    Rawking Goodguy

That is day 2 you have thrown a reasonless vote on me, Obi. I could see the day 1 vote for reasons :P

Are you going to contribute anything? I know you can.