As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Steam Thread buys games, sometimes plays them

• Options
    DudeMaYnDudeMaYn Registered User regular
    @Viking is a bastard amazing person and gifted me the Earth Defense table... Tell my wife and kids, I loved them, for they shall never see me again

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    VikingViking Registered User regular
    edited September 2013
    Banzai5150 wrote: »
    So for someone that's caught in the evil clutches of FFXIV and barely has time for food. What are some of the "must have" pinball tables?
    Packs

Avengers Chronicles - (Avengers,Fear Itself,Infinity Gauntlet,World War Hulk) Best pack imo, Totally worth it for Infinity Gauntlet and World War Hulk
    Vengeance and Virtue - (Thor,Ghost Rider,Moon Knight,X-Men) all pretty decent tables

Single Tables

Ms Splosion Man - Easy, So much fun, Very Pink.
    Earth Defense - Easy/Medium, has a giant robot that laughs at you.
    Mars - Medium Technical, Has a really nice flow to it.
    Civil War - Harder technical table, but totally nails the theme. The narration really makes this table for me.

There is also the Free table Sorcerers Lair which is amazingly good

Viking on
    steam_sig.png
    Bravely Default / 3DS Friend Code = 3394-3571-1609
  • Options
    hatedinamericahatedinamerica Registered User regular
    Alright, giveaway is over and @Vegan has emerged from the depths with the coveted Torchlight 2 prize.

signature.png

Better luck next time, the six people who didn't win!

• Options
    SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    many thanks to @Viking for the Star Wars tables, I shall slap many a balls at the cast in your name.

• Options
    Banzai5150Banzai5150 Registered User regular
    Viking wrote: »
    So for someone that's caught in the evil clutches of FFXIV and barely has time for food. What are some of the "must have" pinball tables?
    Packs

Avengers Chronicles - (Avengers,Fear Itself,Infinity Gauntlet,World War Hulk) Best pack imo, Totally worth it for Infinity Gauntlet and World War Hulk
    Vengeance and Virtue - (Thor,Ghost Rider,Moon Knight,X-Men) all pretty decent tables

Single Tables

Civil War - Harder technical table, but totally nails the theme. The narration really makes this table for me.

Picked up all those except Ms Splosion Man, cuz Pink? really? Who likes PINK!?!

50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    BrocksMulletBrocksMullet Into the sunrise, on a jet-ski. Natch.Registered User regular
    Great Odin's Raven, I wake up from my nap, and @Karoz has given me Gunpoint! Thanks! I will jump far, and hurt no one! (Maybe)

I, for one, enjoyed the Mako.

Steam: BrocksMullet http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197972421669/

• Options
    BrocksMulletBrocksMullet Into the sunrise, on a jet-ski. Natch.Registered User regular
    Also, the forum has a Bro? button now? Amazing.

I, for one, enjoyed the Mako.

Steam: BrocksMullet http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197972421669/

• Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    First InFlux Giveaway?

signature.png

I gave @LaCabra my money twice, so that you don't have to. But you should. Because LOYALTY.

Adventure Team, Ends 5pm Sat.

• Options
    StollsStolls Brave Corporate Logo Chicago, ILRegistered User regular
    edited September 2013
    Papers, Please, ending 18 (out of 20, apparently).
    Jorji came through. I don't know how, I don't know why, but the man shared 40 credits with me on that last day, and that was just enough to save the whole family. Hell, he put me in touch with the forger, even after I had him hauled off by the guards. Twice!

Bro of the year, all years. Obristan above all.

Awesome game, way more engaging than the premise would suggest. It tickled the same urge that Recettear does, where every encounter is like a little slot machine pull, only instead of gouging people you're looking for reasons to have them dragged off to the gulag. That it actually had a developing plot with recurring, sympathetic characters was far more than I was expecting, and it managed some really neat hooks with the seemingly limited interface.

Hard as hell, though; some of those violations are minute and hard to catch, and you will go broke if you're not careful. I had to start from scratch a couple times just because it took me a while to scan relevant info in a hurry. Overall, however, I'm very impressed and glad I picked it up. Gonna have a hell of a time convincing wavering friends to get this, but damn if it's not worth the ten bucks.

Stolls on
    kstolls on Twitch, streaming weekends at 9pm CST!
    Now playing: Teardown and Baldur's Gate 3 (co-op)
    Sunday Spotlight: Horror Tales: The Wine
  • Options
    VeganVegan Registered User regular
    Alright, giveaway is over and @Vegan has emerged from the depths with the coveted Torchlight 2 prize.

signature.png

Better luck next time, the six people who didn't win!

Thanks!!! How will I decide on a pet?!?!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Vegan wrote: »
    The Ferret has little goggles, there is nothing to decide....

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    BroncbusterBroncbuster Registered User regular

Then bulldog for your 2nd character.

steam_sig.png
    Origin: Broncbuster
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular

Yeah, you'll want the cat

or maybe the panda

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular

All about the stag. He's such a bro.

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    HeirTransparentHeirTransparent ... Registered User regular

Papillon 4 lyfe.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbWcDSa6gps

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular
    Picked up the civil war and Star Wars tables for pinball....knew putting money into my steam wallet this morning was a bad idea

• Options
    LaCabraLaCabra MelbourneRegistered User regular
    Houn wrote: »
    First InFlux Giveaway?

signature.png

I gave @LaCabra my money twice, so that you don't have to. But you should. Because LOYALTY.

Adventure Team, Ends 5pm Sat.
    You are the best. <3<3<3

• Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    edited September 2013
    So... pinball sales run until Friday right? I might have just blown my money on one of these: critsuccess.com

Lindsay Lohan on
  • Options
    übergeekübergeek Sector 2814Registered User regular
    So, off the wall question for people that played Dead Space 3 (since I'm watching Jesse and Dodger play it). Why are there John Carver audio logs in a 200+ year old fleet and abandoned planet? Not even google turns up anything.

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    edited September 2013
    Just a quick warning about Long live the queen. It might look adorable and pink and fluffy, but below that lies a deep. dark. secret.

You will be getting that little girl murdered constantly, because it is a goddamn hard game. So beware, @Luchaire , the slightest misstep will turn that pretty pink princess dress into a blood red funeral gown!

heenato on
    M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    @Cardboard Delusions is unstoppable. I did nothing. Nothing at all. And yet he continues to gift me.
    gamedevtycoon.jpg

Straight off the wishlist for epic win. Thanks!

But uh... I can't quite decide about the moniker. What exactly is that supposed to mean? :P

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    heenato wrote: »
    Just a quick warning about Long live the queen. It might look adorable and pink and fluffy, but below that lies a deep. dark. secret.

You will be getting that little girl murdered constantly, because it is a goddamn hard game. So beware, @Luchaire , the slightest misstep will turn that pretty pink princess dress into a blood red funeral gown!

Yeah. Uh. I'm totally okay with that. ;)

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    Houn wrote: »
    First InFlux Giveaway?

I just looked on Steamgifts; this really does appear to be the very first Steamgifts giveaway of InFlux, EVER!

• Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    Also. Higurashi got greenlit. Though I'll probably wait to buy it until I find a fan patch to add in the PS2 version's art, cause the original art for Higurashi is goddamn awful.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    Ahh, that new thread smell.

I am going to write a stern letter to Steam because it hasn't been discounting the stuff on my wishlist and that's the stuff I want Steam what is your deal

• Options
    CadeCade Eppur si muove.Registered User regular
    edited September 2013
    I bought the table.

All the tables.

I love pinball, had waited so long I gave up hope. I had many on the 360 but yet...in my soul I did not feel complete.

Tonight on a whim I dared to open my eyes and I bore witness to something marvelous, with joy in my heart I wept and now....I can live.

Cade on
  • Options
    YoshuaYoshua Registered User regular
    Much thanks to @Karoz (I hope that is your forum name too) for the gift of Gunpoint out of the blue. It will be enjoyed!

• Options
    SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    You guys n gals need to step your game up, first try on Episode 5 table and get second place on my friends list. :bz

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    @shdwcaster went balls out and hit me with not only vengeance, but virtue was well. Thanks!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    shdwcastershdwcaster South DakotaRegistered User regular
    Thanks to @Luchaire, who decided that my victory of an empty list should be very short lived. She pointed her gift cannon in my direction, and gunned it.

So tomorrow, Gunpoint cards for me!

• Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
  • Options
    TeeManTeeMan BrainSpoon Registered User regular
    I just got an email with a Cognition season pass key, so that should be coming to steam shortly

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    Packs

Single Tables

I really really like the Infinity Gauntlet table.

for some reason.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    I'm terrible at the Civil War table. It moves so quickly and I have a hard time figuring out goals to work towards.

• Options
    BroncbusterBroncbuster Registered User regular
    Thanks to @viking for being my TWD Recovery Counselor™ and talking me through a bit of it, I got a prescription for RomCom's and Secret of Magic Crystals for a week (as it's the happiest game I know) and he shoots me through the cranial cavity with Mrs Splosion Man Pinball Table.

Bro? Yes.

steam_sig.png
    Origin: Broncbuster
  • Options
    DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    edited September 2013
    I'm terrible at the Civil War table. It moves so quickly and I have a hard time figuring out goals to work towards.

The table is split into a Red vs Blue theme. Blue for Cap and Red for Iron Man. You're going to want to launch differently for each, first thing. Watch the power meter on the plunger for this. Then notice the ramps, each character has ramps that they want to shoot for specifically. These ramps trigger the recruiting, you'll need the recruits to bring down the difficulty of the fight event that occurs on a timer every ball. Other than that, it's mainly keep the ball in play, pay attention to missions and try not to worry too much about the themed stuff. You can still score big and "lose" the Civil War part. Just playing the Civil War aspect of the table well makes scoring big easier. Also it helps if you pick one character and stick with them, at least until you get a feel for the flow of the table.

Drake on
  • Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    @Luchaire lied! She gifted me Influx even though her payday is tomorrow! <3

• Options
    oops

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    for all the new pinball people.

If you are using a 360 controller, rebind the flippers away from the triggers and put them somewhere more sensible like LB and RB.
    Also it helps to put manual Launch on Right Trigger (analogue trigger is easier than the right stick for hitting skillshots)
    The triggers are really spongy as flippers and you want as much responsiveness as you can get.

Re. Civil War.
    The neat thing with this table other than the Red/Blue thing, is that the prologue section is a "highest score of all time" kinda deal.
    Whatever highest score you set for that section becomes the "skillshot score" once you pick a side. this score persists between games so setting a good one makes it easier to score big from then on.

example.
    Game 1 you play and score 3million on the prologue, launching the first ball after picking a side is an automatic 3million without any other actions.
    Game 2 you play and score 1.2 million on the prologue, launching the first ball is still 3 million because that was your best score to date.

Viking on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DrovekDrovek Registered User regular
    Drake wrote: »

The table is split into a Red vs Blue theme. Blue for Cap and Red for Iron Man. You're going to want to launch differently for each, first thing. Watch the power meter on the plunger for this. Then notice the ramps, each character has ramps that they want to shoot for specifically. These ramps trigger the recruiting, you'll need the recruits to bring down the difficulty of the fight event that occurs on a timer every ball. Other than that, it's mainly keep the ball in play, pay attention to missions and try not to worry too much about the themed stuff. You can still score big and "lose" the Civil War part. Just playing the Civil War aspect of the table well makes scoring big easier. Also it helps if you pick one character and stick with them, at least until you get a feel for the flow of the table.

This is pinball we're talking about, right?

I swear there are AAA games out there with more simple-sounding mechanics.

steam_sig.png( < . . .
This discussion has been closed.