As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Bro?

Bro!

Bro...

Bro.

:lol:

Just wondering what the Bro? thing is all about down there by agree/awesome.

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    IcyLiquidIcyLiquid Two Steaks Montreal, QuebecAdministrator, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    Bro?

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    All posts here at Penny Arcade Forums are filtered for Bro Impurities. If a post is suspected to be excessively Bro, the Bro? button will label that post as Bro Suspect. Based on undisclosed brogarithms, when a post hits enough Bro? tags, it is attached to an email that is mailed to several leading universities and the heads of their Brology departments. Brologists will take time to study the post for its Bro Quotient (BQ) to make sure it does not exceed the legal Bro Attitude Content (BAC). Posts that test negative will remained untouched. Posts that test positive will be carefully edited by Geth to remove Bro content until it is within safe limits.

We at Penny Arcade Forums understand that our users enjoy Broing It Out every so often, but we gently remind you that Bro behavior has consequences when done in excess. If you have any questions about the new Bro? button or Brological studies in general, feel free to email Geth and tap its considerable database on the subject.

Thank you for you time and please: Bro Responsibly.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    I'd like to report that forums are bro-kin

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    That's a lie: Icy is an excellent brogrammer.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    alternatingAberrationalternatingAberration I am the milk man My milk is deliciousRegistered User regular
    I9HbJkF.gif

xI8QS1g.jpg?1
  • Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    All posts here at Penny Arcade Forums are filtered for Bro Impurities. If a post is suspected to be excessively Bro, the Bro? button will label that post as Bro Suspect. Based on undisclosed brogarithms, when a post hits enough Bro? tags, it is attached to an email that is mailed to several leading universities and the heads of their Brology departments. Brologists will take time to study the post for its Bro Quotient (BQ) to make sure it does not exceed the legal Bro Attitude Content (BAC). Posts that test negative will remained untouched. Posts that test positive will be carefully edited by Geth to remove Bro content until it is within safe limits.

We at Penny Arcade Forums understand that our users enjoy Broing It Out every so often, but we gently remind you that Bro behavior has consequences when done in excess. If you have any questions about the new Bro? button or Brological studies in general, feel free to email Geth and tap its considerable database on the subject.

Are you saying that Broing is considered harmful?

• Options
    ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    edited September 2013
    Phyphor wrote: »

Are you saying that Broing is considered harmful?

Imbrossible!

Buttcleft on
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Are you saying we can't have a Bro Club?

• Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    shirt_vgcats_broseidon_LRG.jpg

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    Jim SharkmagicJim Sharkmagic That's the Sharkmagic magic. England, UKRegistered User regular
    dont-bro-me.jpg

• Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    Lot of brojobs going on in this thread.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    SemiHollowCarrotSemiHollowCarrot Registered User regular
    So should Bro? be used for creeper posts?

• Options
    undergroundmonorailundergroundmonorail single-track subway Registered User regular
    Does it have to look so identical to the "Agree" icon?

Pokémon X | 3DS Friend Code: 0490-4897-7688
    Friend Safari: Fighting - Machoke, Pancham, Riolu | In game name: Jessica
    Official Weather Gym Leader of the G+T Pokémon League. @me to try for the Climate Badge!
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular

Are you saying you'd prefer there to be more distinction between Yes and Bro?

• Options
    Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    This new feature is

NeilPatrickHarris_zps91037ee9.jpg

• Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    DarkPrimus wrote: »

Are you saying you'd prefer there to be more distinction between Yes and Bro?

Oh shit.

Bros, it just got real.

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    I bring my own kind of Bro to this party
    thumb.jpg

• Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Cambiata wrote: »
    shirt_vgcats_broseidon_LRG.jpg

My world was a darker place before I knew that shirt existed.

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    LovelyLovely Registered User regular
    edited September 2013
    I feel like there's an inside joke here which I am VERY much missing. ....and it makes me kinda sad.

....I wish I could be cool too.

Lovely on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    That's the best part: there's no inside joke. Icy just up and made a bro? tag one day.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    That's the best part: there's no inside joke. Icy just up and made a bro? tag one day.

tumblr_mnd0z8wynL1qd904no5_1280.jpg

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular

Wrong, bro. He saw where bro was not and said "no, this will not do."

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Goose! wrote: »

Wrong, bro. He saw where bro was not and said "bro, this will not do."

• Options
    GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    2786029-hawkeye06_05.jpg

• Options
    _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2013
    I predict this new brotton results in a brotastrophy of such broportion that our brollective forum bro-quotient (brotient) reaches brofinity, resulting in the Penny Arcade forums transforming into the Bronny Broade broums.

At which point the brods will have to perform a broectomy.

_J_ on
  • Options
    GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    I love that the icon for Bro? now appears to be a brofist, but it changes my interpretation of what the sentiment that was supposed to be expressed by Bro? is.

• Options
    Edith UpwardsEdith Upwards Registered User regular
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    I have bro idea what you people are talking about

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    tumblr_mqsck6JmgO1rsckppo1_500.png

• Options
    MalReynoldsMalReynolds The Hunter S Thompson of incredibly mild medicines Registered User regular
    Brotage

"A new take on the epic fantasy genre... Darkly comic, relatable characters... twisted storyline."
    "Readers who prefer tension and romance, Maledictions: The Offering, delivers... As serious YA fiction, I’ll give it five stars out of five. As a novel? Four and a half." - Liz Ellor
    My new novel: Maledictions: The Offering. Now in Paperback!
  • Options
    NogginNoggin Registered User regular
    Gaslight wrote: »
    I love that the icon for Bro? now appears to be a brofist, but it changes my interpretation of what the sentiment that was supposed to be expressed by Bro? is.

I dunno, but I like the way it lines up on some avatars, like bender's mouth in @chrishallett83 's

Battletag: Noggin#1936
  • Options
    PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    I assumed it was just a request
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfONNfAjyrc

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • Options
    SpaffySpaffy Fuck the Zero Registered User regular
    edited September 2013
    I instinctively thought that Bro? was to be used in a positive way. As in "Not only do I agree, wanna go grab a beer?". So I will use it as such.

Sabrotage.

Spaffy on
    ALRIGHT FINE I GOT AN AVATAR
    Steam: adamjnet
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    @icyliquid Fyi the bro icon is still a face on the mobile site. And boy does ts forum hate my android 4.3 keyboard.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    Dizzy DDizzy D NetherlandsRegistered User regular
    I only just noticed the button, so what's the brotocol for its use?

Steam/Origin: davydizzy
  • Options
    RyadicRyadic Registered User regular
    Seriously, bros. Be careful when broing it out with other bros. It isn't safe.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zvTRQr7ns8

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    Dizzy D wrote: »
    I only just noticed the button, so what's the brotocol for its use?

I'm taking it as being identical to the agree button except only to be used while drunk.

• Options
    Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    The bro? button is for when your bro does something so awesome in a bro manner that you look at him like "Bro? Pound that shit, bro."

It's not Gurl? button now. Make sure to respect it.

• Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    The fistbump image leads me to believe that it is a declarative: Bro (brō), interjection, Exclamatory statement of approval or compliment. Which makes it like a "kudos" button.

But then there's the question mark.

Bro?

Is it a button for requesting confirmation? Do I click it if I am uncertain of the bro-ness of the content? Or is it asking me? "Bro? Is this Bro, Houn? Only you can click me to confirm, bro."

I am torn between quarreling broterpretations. It is not bro, bro. Not bro at all, bro.

• Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    Do five bros? equal one dude?