As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Steam Thread buys games, sometimes plays them

• DaringDirkDaringDirk Daddy CEO Oakland, CARegistered User regular
    So, pinball, huh? Interesting.

camo_sig2.png
  • bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    edited September 2013
    Viking wrote: »
    for all the new pinball people.

If you are using a 360 controller, rebind the flippers away from the triggers and put them somewhere more sensible like LB and RB.
    Also it helps to put manual Launch on Right Trigger (analogue trigger is easier than the right stick for hitting skillshots)
    The triggers are really spongy as flippers and you want as much responsiveness as you can get.

Re. Civil War.
    The neat thing with this table other than the Red/Blue thing, is that the prologue section is a "highest score of all time" kinda deal.
    Whatever highest score you set for that section becomes the "skillshot score" once you pick a side. this score persists between games so setting a good one makes it easier to score big from then on.

example.
    Game 1 you play and score 3million on the prologue, launching the first ball after picking a side is an automatic 3million without any other actions.
    Game 2 you play and score 1.2 million on the prologue, launching the first ball is still 3 million because that was your best score to date.

But I just wanted to get star wars tables. Stop talking Marvel, people. I can't sell enough cards to cover those too.

bloodatonement on
    Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • EmberquickEmberquick Master of Dungeons Deep UndergroundRegistered User regular
    Jragghen wrote: »
    Last call.

signature.png

Congrats @emberquick !

Hey! That's me! :-)

@Jragghen is definitely a hoopy frood that always knows where his towel is--thanks!

steam_sig.png
  • Werewolf2000adWerewolf2000ad Suckers, I know exactly what went wrong. Registered User regular
    Huh. Earth 2160 seems to have gotten a new steam grid image. I swear it didn't look like that yesterday. That's a tad random.

steam_sig.png
    EVERYBODY WANTS TO SIT IN THE BIG CHAIR, MEG!
  • IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    What a strange day.

I manage to launch the new thread minutes before I descend into a busy conference room for the day.

I emerge from said conference room at the end of the day to discover the world turned upside down and a new broality.

And now the incomparable @chiasaur11 classes up my inbox with a copy of Gunpoint:

WmKXtXO.jpg

Thank you, Sir. I look forward to taking this puzzler for a spin!

What a day...

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    If anyone bought the Star Wars tables and doesn't have me as a friend please do, my high score tables are pretty small on them and I'd love the competition.

• jclastjclast Registered User regular
    Okay guys, both @an_alt and @HeirTransparent are awesome bros who gave me A Virus Named TOM. @an_alt was first (by a mere 4 minutes) so I'll be redeeming his key. @HeirTransparent, I apologize and hope you can find another home for your virus! Big thanks to you both!

camo_sig2.png
  • CalidreaCalidrea Registered User regular
    Shout out to @luchaire for the Pinball FX2 DLC. Not like I really needed anything else to distract me from school work. But hooray!

• Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    @Big Classy is a big fat liar! He said payday is Friday, which gave me two days to safely gift him and hope to be forgotten in the meantime. But oh no. Liar, liar!

Thanks for Brothers! :D
    Dirty rotten liar.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • StollsStolls Brave Corporate Logo Chicago, ILRegistered User regular
    Folks, I'm a little weirded out here. I know I just completed a game, but rather than shop for another one or check the deals, I'm compelled to instead start something I already own.

This is a disturbing and unfamiliar sensation. Someone be straight with me: am I going crazy?

kstolls on Twitch, streaming weekends at 9pm CST!
    Now playing: Teardown and Baldur's Gate 3 (co-op)
    Sunday Spotlight: Horror Tales: The Wine
  • chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    Stolls wrote: »
    Folks, I'm a little weirded out here. I know I just completed a game, but rather than shop for another one or check the deals, I'm compelled to instead start something I already own.

This is a disturbing and unfamiliar sensation. Someone be straight with me: am I going crazy?

Probably.

People like you will doom the economy.

• bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    Boba Fett table makes no sense. I randomly start hitting shots for a million each, then once, I hit a shot for 12million. I have no idea what I'm doing but I'm #2 on my friends list.

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    Thanks @Luchaire for pink pinballs aka Ms. Splosion Man!

So many new people to play pinball with. Bwah ha ha!

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
    edited September 2013
    chiasaur11 wrote: »
    Stolls wrote: »

Probably.

People like you will doom the economy.

Oh no, but I love the economy! It's acquainted me with all sorts of hard liquor and exotic forms of despair!

I need to buy more copies of Recettear, that should make amends.

Stolls on
  • Edgler VessEdgler Vess Registered User regular
    Guess ill get involved with pinball while it's cheap...

On a totally unrelated note, is Dishonored really hard or am I really awful? I'm careful, I sneak around, pick up all relevant treasure, runes, money, etc. etc, and I still die a lot. Great game so far though, one of the "sleepers" for the backlog I picked up during the Summer Dale.

steam_sig.png
  • HounHoun Registered User regular
    Repost before I head to bed:

signature.png
    Adventure Team, Ends 5pm Sat.

By the by, I just beat it. Clocked in at around two hours. It was fun! Interesting puzzle, but I want to know more about the world and why you need to do the things you do!

• KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    edited September 2013

On a totally unrelated note, is Dishonored really hard or am I really awful? I'm careful, I sneak around, pick up all relevant treasure, runes, money, etc. etc, and I still die a lot. Great game so far though, one of the "sleepers" for the backlog I picked up during the Summer Dale.

For sneaking remember it is based on line of sight instead of sticking to the shadows like most other stealth games, abuse leaning (Q and E keys) as well as Dark Vision for keeping tabs on the baddies. Buy the powers that help your particular style of play and don't be afraid to save often.

I loved this game and am looking forward to picking up the Brigmore Witches DLC on the next sale having already completed Knife of Dunwall which I recommend. It has only like 3-4 missions but they are just as well crafted as the main story.

Karoz on
  • kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    So, @Houn is pretty fantastic person. We met before Symphony of the Goddesses (which was great, by the way), and during the conversation it came up that I had never played Bastion.

Then, today I find in my inbox a mysterious code from Houn that turned out to be for Bastion on Steam!

So yeah, Houn is fantastic and that deserves public recognition I think, thus this post. Thaaaaanks!

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • HeirTransparentHeirTransparent ... Registered User regular
    So, are you ready to catch a virus named TOM? If so, possibly click on this code thingy.

Loading...?

steam_sig.png
  • Edgler VessEdgler Vess Registered User regular
    Karoz wrote: »

For sneaking remember it is based on line of sight instead of sticking to the shadows like most other stealth games, abuse leaning (Q and E keys) as well as Dark Vision for keeping tabs on the baddies. Buy the powers that help your particular style of play and don't be afraid to save often.

I loved this game and am looking forward to picking up the Brigmore Witches DLC on the next sale having already completed Knife of Dunwall which I recommend. It has only like 3-4 missions but they are just as well crafted as the main story.

Ahh, the shadows don't really matter thing I think is whats hurting me/slowing me down, ill give that a shot, thanks!

In other news, Pinball is great, got a little over 30 million on the Sorc's Lair table, made me #13 of my friends list (out of about 50), a few scores I see at the top of that look pretty tough (i.e. Viking at 250 million). May have a grab a few tables.

steam_sig.png
  • MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Firebird wrote: »
    Man, after buying tons of games over the past 2 seasons, I never thought I'd be spending this much time on a free-to-play game.

I guess there's some odd, addicting gratification from eviscerating a dozen enemies at once with the press of a button and watching a literal trail of carnage that just unfolded.
    Damn you, Warframe.......damn you.

Doesn't even give me time to stalk the threads anymore.

I have played kind of a lot of Warframe

WarframeRoster_zps573b4bd8.png

• JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
  • chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    Karoz wrote: »

Ahh, the shadows don't really matter thing I think is whats hurting me/slowing me down, ill give that a shot, thanks!

In other news, Pinball is great, got a little over 30 million on the Sorc's Lair table, made me #13 of my friends list (out of about 50), a few scores I see at the top of that look pretty tough (i.e. Viking at 250 million). May have a grab a few tables.

Shadows can help, but more at a distance or in edge cases. Mostly, you want solid cover.

Or the high ground. Guards are like dogs. Can't look up. You're safe on the rooftops. Treat the ground like lava if you have to.

• TeeManTeeMan BrainSpoon Registered User regular
    I stopped playing Dishonored because I felt frustrated that there wasn't a light meter

The error of my ways has been corrected, thanks dudes!

steam_sig.png
  • PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    All this pinball talk is making me want to fire up PP: Timeshock.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    edited September 2013
    Eversion is kinda amazing.

I've put 11 hours into the Steam version and no telling how many into the original version. I also got the level 5 Steam badge and was contemplating getting a foil badge (but probably not because that's hella expensive)

edit: also got all the Steam achievements too

Darmak on
    JtgVX0H.png
  • cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    So basically all Dishonored guards are Mr. Bean in terms of what they can and cannot see.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • CalidreaCalidrea Registered User regular
    Little did I know that installing Pinball FX would result in me staying up until the early morning trying to destroy everyone's scores. Oh what have I become?

• tacticalheadachetacticalheadache Registered User regular
    Someone gave me a steam key for Alien Shooter....

I don't know what to make of this

• IsornIsorn Registered User regular
    @shdwcaster struck me while I was sleeping. With all the Star Wars pinball goodness I could want. Thanks a lot. Star Wars and pinball is a pretty glorious combination I would imagine.

Finally got around to playing some Fallen Enchantress.

So you're telling me this is a fantasy-based Civilization SRPG with turn-based combat. I build cities and research tech, then train heroes and units, and use those to clear quests and fight monsters, and use the spoils from those to...

Oh no.

I'm in some real fucking trouble here.

• SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    edited September 2013
    @übergeek
    übergeek wrote: »
    So, off the wall question for people that played Dead Space 3 (since I'm watching Jesse and Dodger play it). Why are there John Carver audio logs in a 200+ year old fleet and abandoned planet? Not even google turns up anything.
    Because video game.

Alternately
    A good chunk of the Carver stuff is all in Carver's head. Isaac isn't necessarily supposed to hear it.

Sorce on
    sig.gif
  • rikdalyrikdaly Registered User regular
    good to see the pinball tables on sale, I bought the 2 I was missing. I need more pinball buddies so add me on steam if you're playing

steam_sig.png
  • AntoshkaAntoshka Miauen Oil Change LazarusRegistered User regular
    Alright, this is ridiculous.

@Luchaire has apparently forgotten the outcome of our last gift war, and has gifted me a Ms Splosion man... pinball table?

I don't even... why is there so much pink? What is this madness? (I'm scared to even play it. I don't have a controller, and there are pinball gods in the thread, let alone the group.

n57PM0C.jpg
    So basically all Dishonored guards are Mr. Bean in terms of what they can and cannot see.

It's not quite that bad. Corvo's invisible while leaning for some reason (because it makes the game much better is the reason), and like in real life, people don't look up much unless there's something to look at, but if you make a mess, they'll try to find the source of the noise.

• PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    Corpekata wrote: »
    I hope Valdis Story gets native controller support for Steam debut, was the only thing keeping me from a Desura purchase.

The demo of it I played a while ago, I played with controller. The button prompts didn't show the exact buttons and the config menu was weird, but it worked without anything external.

• AsheAshe Registered User regular
    Oops, somehow missed the end of the last thread and the first 5 pages of this. Got home from a (very cold!) sea swim yesterday to find an explosion of pink waiting for me. There can only be one culprit really. Thanks muchly for the pinballness, @Luchaire!

steam_sig.png
  • Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    Thanks @rikdaly who played pinball Santa last night by creeping in while I slept to leave the gift of balls. Thanks for the Avengers Chronicles!

• CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    Add my steam tag Feanor for a pinball friend.

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    Antoshka wrote: »
    Alright, this is ridiculous.

@Luchaire has apparently forgotten the outcome of our last gift war, and has gifted me a Ms Splosion man... pinball table?

I don't even... why is there so much pink? What is this madness? (I'm scared to even play it. I don't have a controller, and there are pinball gods in the thread, let alone the group.

Well... that escalated quickly. @Antoshka retaliated with these:

Antoshka1.gif

NOT a proportional response! NOT!

Thank you! :)

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
This discussion has been closed.