As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Steam Thread buys games, sometimes plays them

• heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    Luchaire wrote: »
    Antoshka wrote: »
    Alright, this is ridiculous.

@Luchaire has apparently forgotten the outcome of our last gift war, and has gifted me a Ms Splosion man... pinball table?

I don't even... why is there so much pink? What is this madness? (I'm scared to even play it. I don't have a controller, and there are pinball gods in the thread, let alone the group.

Well... that escalated quickly. @Antoshka retaliated with these:

Antoshka1.gif

NOT a proportional response! NOT!

Thank you! :)
    You of all people should know that proportional responses don't actually exist in a class war.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    Aren't there enemies in Doom called pinkies?

Halloween avatar idea, @Luchaire

• RoyceX7RoyceX7 Registered User regular
    After a long fucking day, what else could give be more joyful than receiving a classy Gunpoint from @shdwcaster

Thank you!!!!!!!!! :rotate:

Steam: RoyceX7

steam_sig.png
  • DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    Hm. Doubting which tables to get. I really like the Empire Strikes Back table, but the other two in the pack are kind of meh, or maybe the marvel originals pack... I rather like the Cap America one, too. What to do, what to do...

Also, guys, seriously, soon as it goes on sale everyone get Rayman Legends. It's SO much better than Origins, and Origins was already pretty cool. I'm at like 550/700 teensies and doing challenges and it never stops being fun.

Steam ID: Right here.
  • FirebirdFirebird Harbinger....of.....~something. Registered User regular
    edited September 2013
    Man, everyone is on a gifting mood lately, well.... here's my haul.
    Ok, so I got keys for;

- Mark of the Ninja
    - FTL: Faster than Light
    - Fez
    - Rocketbirds: Hardboiled Chicken.

- A Virus Named Tom
    - Bastion

Just PM if anyone wants them, otherwise I will just hand them out randomly on my friend list.

Some of these I am just not interested in adding to my library, being one game shy of hitting the 100 mark. I'd like it to be special game.
    Plus, my almost-OCD compulsion to keep it at 100 might prevent me from destroying my wallet further at the Steam store, and keeps my backlog in check...

Does anyone have a good suggestion for an highly customizable action/RPG game, or something with at least one element of the aformentioned?

Firebird on
    steam_sig.png

STEAM ID: Firebird
    XBOX Live: FirebirdLR
    Playstation: FirebirdXR
  • Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    Empire is definitely fun. People hate the Boba Fett table for some reason, I actually love it, it's one of my favorites. The Clone Wars one really depends on if you liked the show. I watched it with my son so the narrator was a pretty enjoyable touch and the table itself I found pretty fun.

Who am I kidding - I'll have them all as soon as my paycheck hits.

• Arithon32Arithon32 Member of the Pinquisition Registered User regular
    Viking wrote: »
    Banzai5150 wrote: »
    So for someone that's caught in the evil clutches of FFXIV and barely has time for food. What are some of the "must have" pinball tables?
    Packs

Avengers Chronicles - (Avengers,Fear Itself,Infinity Gauntlet,World War Hulk) Best pack imo, Totally worth it for Infinity Gauntlet and World War Hulk
    Vengeance and Virtue - (Thor,Ghost Rider,Moon Knight,X-Men) all pretty decent tables

Single Tables

Ms Splosion Man - Easy, So much fun, Very Pink.
    Earth Defense - Easy/Medium, has a giant robot that laughs at you.
    Mars - Medium Technical, Has a really nice flow to it.
    Civil War - Harder technical table, but totally nails the theme. The narration really makes this table for me.

There is also the Free table Sorcerers Lair which is amazingly good

Grabbed Avengers Chronicles and Civil War tables. Civil War is neat, Infinity Gauntlet is nuts, and Fear Itself is the strangest table I've ever played. Need to try Hulk when I get home tonight

vru37z14gk5j.png

• eobeteobet 8-bit childhood SwedenRegistered User regular
    Ugh, I jumped out of my seat with a surprised glee when I saw A-Train 8 in the "new" list of Steam and immediately purchased it, only to see a "copyright 2009" on the intro screen which made me raise my eyebrows. Turns out, it's a five year old game that they just now released for basically full retail price, but that's not the shittiest thing. The shittiest thing is that A-Train 9 is on Greenlight.

What. The. Fuck?

But then again, I guess the only people who buy A-Train are people who already bought A-Train. I mean, they do zero to expand their customer range (interface is still from 1990) and with a release schedule and pricing like this, I imaging they are not buying any goodwill from potential new curious customers either.

Trying to get a refund now, but I don't have high hopes. Guess that's the downside of digital distribution...

Heard the proposition that RIAA and MPAA should join forces and form "Music And Film Industry Association"?
  • Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    Saw there's a ETS2 expansion coming out tomorrow. It adds several Eastern European countries. Have they announced a price yet?

• jclastjclast Registered User regular
    edited September 2013
    So this page is a pretty neat collection of everything offered by the Humble Store. It's great if you are like me and have more Amazon funds than Steam wallet funds. The sorting is dumb, but there's a search. And some old stuff is still there and active (like the Amnesia Fortnight 2012 bundle for $9.99). Enjoy!
    http://calvein.github.io/humble-games/

You can even use Steam as a search term to narrow the list quite a bit. I'm personally looking at Papers, Please and Ironclad Tactics through here and saving my wallet funds for the Halloween and winter sales.

EDIT: Oh, and I played through the first 3 worlds of A Virus Named TOM last night. It's pretty great. If you like puzzlers it's worth picking up. I keep getting a Qix vibe from it despite it not really being like that.
    GiantBomb quick look in case anybody is curious.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OoAu24PSAXA

jclast on
    camo_sig2.png
  • DrovekDrovek Registered User regular
    Saw there's a ETS2 expansion coming out tomorrow. It adds several Eastern European countries. Have they announced a price yet?

That explains the patch.
    Now I just want them to mix this game with DCS and having you protect/attack real truckin' convoys.

steam_sig.png( < . . .
  • Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular

Noooooooooooo!

My wallet can't take any more abuse this week.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • IncindiumIncindium Registered User regular
    Ends today
    Incindium wrote: »
    signature.png

steam_sig.png
    Nintendo ID: Incindium
    PSN: IncindiumX
  • Talus9952Talus9952 Registered User regular
    So I finished Tomb Raider last night. That was one hell of a ride, such a great game! I may go back and hunt down those few missing items. I'm at 97% completion.

steam_sig.png
  • CroakerBCCroakerBC TorontoRegistered User regular
    jclast wrote: »
    So this page is a pretty neat collection of everything offered by the Humble Store. It's great if you are like me and have more Amazon funds than Steam wallet funds. The sorting is dumb, but there's a search. And some old stuff is still there and active (like the Amnesia Fortnight 2012 bundle for $9.99). Enjoy!

You can even use Steam as a search term to narrow the list quite a bit. I'm personally looking at Papers, Please and Ironclad Tactics through here and saving my wallet funds for the Halloween and winter sales.

EDIT: Oh, and I played through the first 3 worlds of A Virus Named TOM last night. It's pretty great. If you like puzzlers it's worth picking up. I keep getting a Qix vibe from it despite it not really being like that.

I opened that Humble Store page, and then considered by remaining Amazon balance, and cried a little. I can't work out how to use Amazon gift cards in Amazon Payments though Can you do that?

Also, if I can quote The West Wing - "What is the virtue of a proportional response?"
    We don't come back with a proportional response. We come back with total disaster

Talus9952 wrote: »
    So I finished Tomb Raider last night. That was one hell of a ride, such a great game! I may go back and hunt down those few missing items. I'm at 97% completion.

Awesome. I'm still around +80%, not sure how close to the end, but it doesn't feel so far away.

It's been one hell of a ride and I completely recommend it so far.

steam_sig.png( < . . .
    CroakerBC wrote: »
    jclast wrote: »

I opened that Humble Store page, and then considered by remaining Amazon balance, and cried a little. I can't work out how to use Amazon gift cards in Amazon Payments though Can you do that?

Also, if I can quote The West Wing - "What is the virtue of a proportional response?"
    We don't come back with a proportional response. We come back with total disaster

Amazon payments are different than an Amazon account balance. An Amazon account balance is an open-ended gift card for use on amazon.com (or I assume amazon.ca or amazon.uk, etc.). Amazon payments are (as far as I understand it) kind of like a Steam wallet. I'm able to add to mine by doing tasks on Amazon Mechanical Turk. If there's not a balance in there I think it's just a way to know you're not giving your credit card information to Sam's Discount Games but to a retailer you're comfortable with.

camo_sig2.png
  • ExcisionExcision Old Sport Registered User regular
    How do I use the 'codes' BBcode to giveaway keys?

steam_sig.png
    Excision wrote: »
    How do I use the 'codes' BBcode to giveaway keys?

[codes ]code 1
    code 2
    code n[/codes]

No space between the s and ] of course.

camo_sig2.png
  • RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    edited September 2013
    Maddoc wrote: »
    Firebird wrote: »
    Man, after buying tons of games over the past 2 seasons, I never thought I'd be spending this much time on a free-to-play game.

I guess there's some odd, addicting gratification from eviscerating a dozen enemies at once with the press of a button and watching a literal trail of carnage that just unfolded.
    Damn you, Warframe.......damn you.

Doesn't even give me time to stalk the threads anymore.

I have played kind of a lot of Warframe

WarframeRoster_zps573b4bd8.png

Dafuq!?

edit: More greenlit games!
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=179196547

RoyceSraphim on
    edited September 2013
    Cave Story+
    Loading...?
    Did I do this right?

Excision on
    steam_sig.png
  • Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    tempted... to... click....

But no, I have way too many games to play right now and nowhere near enough time to do it

• Talus9952Talus9952 Registered User regular
    Excision wrote: »
    Cave Story+
    Loading...?
    Did I do this right?

I redeemed this. Thanks so much!

steam_sig.png
  • Descendant XDescendant X Skyrim is my god now. Outpost 31Registered User regular
    Goddammit you guys, quit talking about the bloody pinball! I'm trying to save my wallet until the Winterdale and looking up the $1 pinball tables is not good.

Any idea when Gaben is going to release GTA V to his gibbering horde?

Garry: I know you gentlemen have been through a lot, but when you find the time I'd rather not spend the rest of the winter TIED TO THIS FUCKING COUCH!
    Goddammit you guys, quit talking about the bloody pinball! I'm trying to save my wallet until the Winterdale and looking up the $1 pinball tables is not good.

Any idea when Gaben is going to release GTA V to his gibbering horde?

Based on the past, probably about 2 years from now.

• oakkeoakke Registered User regular
    edited September 2013
    Damn, you guys were right, Pinball FX2 is great. Really great. I didn't even knew I liked pinball.

Curse you @Luchaire for getting me addicted on this thing.

totally beaten your high score on Ms. Splosion Man btw

oakke on
    steam_sig.png
  • an_altan_alt Registered User regular
    Hey people, there's still a Bastion code on the bottom of front page of this thread.

Picked up the Avengers pack and the Ms Splosion table. Ms Splosion does seem to be a table that makes it easy to get in a bit of a flow and keep the ball alive. I've only played two games, but I'm still about 35 million short of @Luchaire 's score.

Pony wrote:
    I think that the internet has been for years on the path to creating what is essentially an electronic Necronomicon: A collection of blasphemous unrealities so perverse that to even glimpse at its contents, if but for a moment, is to irrevocably forfeit a portion of your sanity.
    Xbox - PearlBlueS0ul, Steam
    If you ever need to talk to someone, feel free to message me. Yes, that includes you.
  • Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    oakke wrote: »
    Damn, you guys were right, Pinball FX2 is great. Really great. I didn't even knew I liked pinball.

You're welcome.

Yeah, that's.... well, that's not really much to brag about. I pretty routinely occupy the bottom rung of the pinball leaderboards. :P

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • oakkeoakke Registered User regular
    edited September 2013

You're welcome.

Yeah, that's.... well, that's not really much to brag about. I pretty routinely occupy the bottom rung of the pinball leaderboards. :P

Aw, I thought I had some incredible natural talent for pinball I wasn't aware of til now.

oakke on
    steam_sig.png
  • SumanaiSumanai muh PTRegistered User regular

You're welcome.

Aw, I thought I had some incredible natural talent for pinball I wasn't aware of til now.

You need to friend Viking and Rikdaly. They will crush all your dreams and hopes.

camo_sig2.png
    And so it was that the Steam Thread got me to play with balls and flippers. They told me I'd go blind if I did.

But here I am...
    Got Avengers set and Civil War table... anyone playing those wants to friend up their scoreboard?

steam_sig.png( < . . .
  • mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    edited September 2013
    congrats to @excision for winning my gunpoint giveaway

mts on
    camo_sig.png
  • CheesecakeRecipeCheesecakeRecipe "Should not be allowed to post in the Steam Thread" - Isorn Squalor Victoria, Squalor Victoria!Registered User regular
    @Isorn knows all steam threaders fear a mysterious key dropped into their message window. My hand shook as I feared the worst, perhaps the steam thread had found a new Bad Rats to spitegift while I had been out. Was this morning truly the new end of my steam days? I copied the key and uttered a nervous curse for each digit while it slowly activated, dragging a copy of whatever it was out from its cage in the belly of the beast and hanging it on my door like a plague victim warning.

Luckily for me it wasn't a bad game, just one that nobody has. Thanks for The Showdown Effect!

• DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    edited September 2013
    I love me some pinball, did someone say tables were on sale? I thought the tables were a little pricey on normal. I have the highest non "fuck you I got 300 mil" score on that stock table so far with all of my friends. (friend me on steam so I have more people to battlez with non "fuck you" scores!)

DiannaoChong on
    steam_sig.png
  • KrummithKrummith DJ Logic Death can't take me until I finish my backlogRegistered User regular
    It looks like Amazon has caught up with the Gamefly Sale

Bioshock Infinite $19.99

Bioshock Triple Pack $19.99
    Bioshock
    Bioshock 2
    Bioshock Infinite

Bioshock Infinite is still cheaper at Gamefly with the discount code GFDSEP20.

On another note Final Fantasy XIV is like sweet digital crack. The ability to play as every class, on the same character, blows my mind, and it' sooo pretty.

mts wrote: »
    congrats to @excision for winning my gunpoint giveaway

Thanks man!

Can't wait to try this when I get home tonight.

steam_sig.png
  • rikdalyrikdaly Registered User regular
    Sumanai wrote: »

You're welcome.

You need to friend Viking and Rikdaly. They will crush all your dreams and hopes.

To be fair I've had a lot more practice than most, 85 hours so far!

steam_sig.png
  • PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    Street Fighter X Tekken is a weekend deal and I just want to mention that it's not that good and if you want to play a fighting game Street Fighter 4 and Skullgirls are both better.

• DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    @Isorn knows all steam threaders fear a mysterious key dropped into their message window. My hand shook as I feared the worst, perhaps the steam thread had found a new Bad Rats to spitegift while I had been out. Was this morning truly the new end of my steam days? I copied the key and uttered a nervous curse for each digit while it slowly activated, dragging a copy of whatever it was out from its cage in the belly of the beast and hanging it on my door like a plague victim warning.

Luckily for me it wasn't a bad game, just one that nobody has. Thanks for The Showdown Effect!

Isorn delivered a Steam key to me, in very similar circumstances. The key transformed into a magical kingdom of adventure and war! Thanks for the copy of Warlock, I appreciate it man.

• DalantiaDalantia Registered User regular
    So today... I was merrily shooting monsters in preparation for the 3 billion damage event in Resident Evil Revelations, when I get a PM, asking me how I am about grand strategy. I tell the truth - I tend to binge on them and I'm terrible at them.

@Isorn then drops a steam key on me.. for EU3, complete.

...I am so screwed.

steam_sig.png
    DS Friend code: 3840-6605-3406
This discussion has been closed.