As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Handheld Lounge at PAX 2013

TalarianTalarian Registered User regular
PAX was super fun again this year, and I love it to bits. I've been to PAX Prime for years, East once, and Aus once, and each has their own feel. But something I wanted to mention was I was seriously sad about the lack of space in the handheld lounge this year. My favourite thing to do is to hang out with the other handheld players and just play Pokemon, or Streetpass, or whatever, but this year the lounge was super tiny and broken into tiny pieces across the 2nd and 3rd floors because Nintendo's booths were HUGE and eating up the space.

PAX East in 2013 had an awesome massive handheld lounge, and it was pretty much full the entire time. Aus was full most of the time, but wasn't very big. But it was bigger than Prime's this year by far. So many people were arrayed in alcoves and walls because they couldn't get into the areas with bean bags.

So my feedback and plea is to please don't let Nintendo take up that entire space again next year. The irony is I'll play *less* of my DS if Nintendo is eating up that space.

• Options
    zannahzannah Registered User regular
    On the one hand, I liked everything that Nintendo brought + enjoyed the chance to see it. On the other hand, I also agree that the handheld space (and tabletop space!) seemed at a premium this year, which was sad. I know there's a finite amount of space, but it felt like there were other areas that beanbags/tables could have used to offset the space Nintendo was taking up.

(I'm also not a space planner and my desk currently has no bare space, so what do I know?) ;)

• Options
    SanDogWepsSanDogWeps Limerick Monger San DiegoRegistered User regular
    I'll pile on a bit and say that there didn't seem to be as many bean bags available this year. But I will throw out a huge thumbs up to the HHL Enforcers. Loved their "Stop the Plop" signs. They also let me give my DS, PSP, and GBA games a reason to see the light of day (because I have a horrible habit of buying and then never playing certain games)!

keyanEQ2_100x400.gif
  • Options
    RabiesRabies [E] Handheld Lounge Registered User regular
    We love that you guys love Handheld. And we're sorry that we didn't have that much room this year. Also sorry we didn't have as many beanbags (it was due to the amount of space we got, we had 50 in that small area, but they obviously couldn't be spread out). I hope that you guys will continue to visit us, because hopefully this space issue will be resolved. All I can say is continue to express your love for the department. Let people know that you want us there.

Thank you for your Stop The Plop propaganda love, as well. There should be more developments in that arena for next Prime that should be fairly amusing.

Causes lockjaw, frothing at the mouth, induces insanity and you don't know you've got it until it's too late.
  • Options
    BIGmogBIGmog DenverRegistered User regular
    With a ton of bean bags all piled up in the space under the escalator, it required climbing over people to get to an open place to sit. I was sorry to inconvenience people and even sorrier if I stepped on anyone. It was not an ideal setup.

• Options
    RabiesRabies [E] Handheld Lounge Registered User regular
    That should hopefully change next Prime. You're right, the situation was not ideal, for any of us. We're sorry that you had to climb over people to get to a free spot. We're also sorry that there weren't a lot of free spots open. We're working on this.

Causes lockjaw, frothing at the mouth, induces insanity and you don't know you've got it until it's too late.