As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Steam Thread buys games, sometimes plays them

• DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    Peewi wrote: »
    Street Fighter X Tekken is a weekend deal and I just want to mention that it's not that good and if you want to play a fighting game Street Fighter 4 and Skullgirls are both better.

I have certainly heard this, and when I rented SF x Tekken for the 360 I wasn't very impressed. It's too bad Capcom hasn't ported Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 to the PC.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    Don't see the official daily yet, but I'd say in celebration of Talk Like a Pirate Day just about every pirate themed game is on sale right now. The Monkey Island games for example arrrrr 75% off.

• RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    Krummith wrote: »
    It looks like Amazon has caught up with the Gamefly Sale

Bioshock Infinite $19.99

Bioshock Triple Pack $19.99
    Bioshock
    Bioshock 2
    Bioshock Infinite

Bioshock Infinite is still cheaper at Gamefly with the discount code GFDSEP20.

On another note Final Fantasy XIV is like sweet digital crack. The ability to play as every class, on the same character, blows my mind, and it' sooo pretty.

For some reason, this causes me to picture someone frantically running and throwing a lever to slash the prices.

• RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    Don't see the official daily yet, but I'd say in celebration of Talk Like a Pirate Day just about every pirate themed game is on sale right now. The Monkey Island games for example arrrrr 75% off.

FUCK! Krispy Cream! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOo car.

• HiT BiTHiT BiT 🍒 Fresh, straight from Pac-man's Registered User regular
    edited September 2013
    New Humble Weekly Sale, Egosoft Games:

https://www.humblebundle.com/weekly

Pay at least $1 to get:
    X: Beyond the Frontier
    X-Tension
    X2: The Threat
    X3: Reunion + Bonus Package

Pay more than $6 to unlock:
    X3: Terran Conflict
    X3: Albion Prelude
    X: Superbox Bonus Material

HiT BiT on
  • HeirTransparentHeirTransparent ... Registered User regular
    The new Humble Weekly Sale is a bunch of games in the X space sim series. I was hoping for that SteamDB listing with Wargame: European Escalation and Blood Bowl, but oh well.

steam_sig.png
  • Talus9952Talus9952 Registered User regular
    The new Humble Weekly Sale is a bunch of games in the X space sim series. I was hoping for that SteamDB listing with Wargame: European Escalation and Blood Bowl, but oh well.

Could be the next one, after humble indie bundle 9.

steam_sig.png
  • bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    Had a Pinball update this morning and now all it does is crash. Verified files and now crashing quicker. Fingers cross rebooting fixes it.

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • HounHoun Registered User regular
    Had a Pinball update this morning and now all it does is crash. Verified files and now crashing quicker. Fingers cross rebooting fixes it.

Pinball has tilt sensors for a reason, man. Stop messing with the table.

• DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    edited September 2013
    Man, I have Reunion and always want to play it but when I try I jsut have no fucking clue what to do. X is a game that doesn't so much push you into the deep end of the pool as drop you from a plane in the middle of the Pacific.

Also, I have to echo Peewi. SFXT is really not very good. If you want to kick some dudes, get SSF4AE, or Skullgirls, or Divekick.

Drascin on
    Steam ID: Right here.
  • echo 78echo 78 Title Registered User regular
    I hope Agarest making the top 5 best selling games on Steam will convince other publishers to port more JRPG's to PC...

steam_sig.png
  • AtaxrxesAtaxrxes Hellnation Cursed EarthRegistered User regular
    an_alt wrote: »
    Hey people, there's still a Bastion code on the bottom of front page of this thread.

Picked up the Avengers pack and the Ms Splosion table. Ms Splosion does seem to be a table that makes it easy to get in a bit of a flow and keep the ball alive. I've only played two games, but I'm still about 35 million short of @Luchaire 's score.
    Snagged the Bastion code, thanks! I guess I was the only person who didn't have it yet?

• Descendant XDescendant X Skyrim is my god now. Outpost 31Registered User regular
    edited September 2013
    echo 78 wrote: »
    I hope Agarest making the top 5 best selling games on Steam will convince other publishers to port more JRPG's to PC...

I had been eyeing this for the last week or so, and only until I saw this post did I take a look at the game's page.

Looks like the ol' Steam Wallet is going to be $15.99 short in a few moments.

EDIT: Might have to pick up another copy for gifting when I gets paid next week...

Descendant X on
    Garry: I know you gentlemen have been through a lot, but when you find the time I'd rather not spend the rest of the winter TIED TO THIS FUCKING COUCH!
  • DrovekDrovek Registered User regular
    Drascin wrote: »
    Man, I have Reunion and always want to play it but when I try I jsut have no fucking clue what to do. X is a game that doesn't so much push you into the deep end of the pool as drop you from a plane in the middle of the Pacific.

I was once like you.

Then I learned to game the stock market and everything bowed to me. I should not be allowed to invest in that game...

steam_sig.png( < . . .
    Houn wrote: »

:(
    It crashes if I try to select any table other than Empire Strikes Back :(

Zdy0pmg.jpg
  • Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular

Then don't select another table?

The game is trying to tell him that he should become the very best in the ESB table.

steam_sig.png( < . . .
  • The BraysterThe Brayster UKRegistered User regular
    So @manetherenwolf just hit me with a code for Bastion out of nowhere.

Thanks man!

Steam: TheBrayster
    PSN: TheBrayster_92
  • DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    So @manetherenwolf just hit me with a code for Bastion out of nowhere.

Thanks man!

He got me with a Fez code too!

It's a day for random acts of class!

• akajaybayakajaybay Registered User regular
    Hmm, both this Agarest game and this Ironclad Tactics game warrant further inspection.
    Damn you Steam feature banners

• VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    damn this pirate sale is torture

pirates! and strategy! but really low rankings and games I had already decided I didn't want. hmmmmmmm.

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
    Drovek wrote: »

The game is trying to tell him that he should become the very best in the ESB table.

But I just friended RIK

Zdy0pmg.jpg
  • SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    edited September 2013
    Calidrea wrote: »
    Little did I know that installing Pinball FX would result in me staying up until the early morning trying to destroy everyone's scores. Oh what have I become?

One of us.

BtuJhOC.jpg
    Gooble gobble gooble gobble

SmokeStacks on
  • EvilMonkeyEvilMonkey Registered User regular
    Wait, 2 people on this page didn't have Bastion?

Who are you people and why aren't you PM'ing me for another code!?

[PSN: SciencePiggy] [Steam]
  • Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    I've been remiss in my shout outs but that all changes here @cooljammer00 bro'd up and gifted me with Starseed Pilgrim the other week. He's good people.

Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    So...Argrest wars. Is this the same game that was sold on the PS3 with a boob mouse pad? The same game with almost tits?

Got nothing against that, i just am surprised to see steam allow it since they have avoided overtly sexualized games.

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
    azith28 wrote: »
    So...Argrest wars. Is this the same game that was sold on the PS3 with a boob mouse pad? The same game with almost tits?

Got nothing against that, i just am surprised to see steam allow it since they have avoided overtly sexualized games.

*Looks at sig*

*Game with dildo bats*

Well, they do make exceptions every now and then. :lol:

steam_sig.png( < . . .
  • ExcisionExcision Old Sport Registered User regular
    edited September 2013

Yes, Record of Agarest War was the original release name.

siliconera.com/2010/01/26/record-of-agarest-war-naughty-edition-revealed-includes-pillowcase-and-squishy-mousepad/

"This collectors item includes Record of Agarest War, a soundtrack CD, 26” x 20” pillowcase of Ellis, and a “sensual” Vira-Lor mouse pad packaged in a Naughty Collector’s box."

Excision on
    steam_sig.png
  • MudzgutMudzgut OhioRegistered User regular
    edited September 2013
    Got a new job that's kept me away from things Steam and forum related the past few weeks. Managed to hop on and was upset I missed the Pinball daily...until I noticed it was still running. Grabbing some Pinball tables when I make it home! Now I can be mediocre at tables OTHER than Sorcerer's Lair!

EDIT: Sorceror...more like Sorce-roar for bad spelling. Fixed.

Mudzgut on
    steam_sig.png

Twitch/Mudzgut
    Fall down seven times. Stand up eight.
  • CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    edited September 2013
    Excision wrote: »

siliconera.com/2010/01/26/record-of-agarest-war-naughty-edition-revealed-includes-pillowcase-and-squishy-mousepad/

"This collectors item includes Record of Agarest War, a soundtrack CD, 26” x 20” pillowcase of Ellis, and a “sensual” Vira-Lor mouse pad packaged in a Naughty Collector’s box."

I bought it on 360 because I really wanted another tactics like game. Didn't really give a damn about the bonuses but I gave them a shot. Ill be honest, the pillowcase was shit. Super scratchy and uncomfortable, but I would never really use it anyways. My old mousepad started fucking up, so I switched in the boobies mousepad. That thing was so goddamn amazingly comfortable. I didnt even care how ridiculous it looked, it was super ergomatic. Great goddamn thing. I was so sad when the gel wristrest broke. :(

CorriganX on
    n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • donhonkdonhonk Registered User regular
    Finished another thing for halloweeeen.

B6A5CE7172AFF924EC8005D89DA42B9FB19EB91A

• ExcisionExcision Old Sport Registered User regular
    CorriganX wrote: »
    Excision wrote: »

I bought it on 360 because I really wanted another tactics like game. Didn't really give a damn about the bonuses but I gave them a shot. Ill be honest, the pillowcase was shit. Super scratchy and uncomfortable, but I would never really use it anyways. My old mousepad started fucking up, so I switched in the boobies mousepad. That thing was so goddamn amazingly comfortable. I didnt even care how ridiculous it looked, it was super ergomatic. Great goddamn thing. I was so sad when the gel wristrest broke. :(

Yes.....I'm sure it broke from using it as a wristrest. Not any.....'extracurricular' activities.

:P

steam_sig.png
  • CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    Oh, before I was distracted by boobies wristrests I should say how awesome @Manetherenwolf and @Isorn both are for giving me Serious Sam codes. I took Mane's because his message went through first, but Isorn is still awesome even if hes a dutchman. <3 Thanks to you both. FFXIV still has a stranglehold on my time, but ill play some in a bit!

send help ffxiv too good oh god no time videogames nooooo.

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    I don't know whether to awesome that, or brofist it, @donhonk.

• Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    Elvenshae wrote: »

@Elvenshae - You should probably just awesome it. Looks like @CorriganX did enough "brofisting" for all of ya. ;)

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • donhonkdonhonk Registered User regular
    Elvenshae wrote: »

Receiving an awesome is basically a brofist! Thank you! :D

• CroakerBCCroakerBC TorontoRegistered User regular
    @Isorn struck with a pile of Serious Sam!
    Given a mixture of app releases and family visits oncoming at the weekend, I really, really need some brain downtime mindlessly shooting stuff, so this is perfect.
    Thanks man!
    Pay day next week, vengeance, yeeeeees.

• BroncbusterBroncbuster Registered User regular
    The brofist button changed for the better!

steam_sig.png
    Origin: Broncbuster
  • BigDesBigDes Registered User regular
    Someone tell me about ARMA Tactics

steam_sig.png
  • CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular

Same thing. Gets to like the table screen and poops the bed.

This discussion has been closed.