As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Steam Thread buys games, sometimes plays them

• Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    Variable wrote: »
    my wishlist used to have max 10 games on it

and I used to own like, half of what I do now

how can I have more games AND want more games?

oh right this thread

Tell me about it. My library has expanded by some 200+ games in the last 3 months and somehow I still keep finding things I - oh my god when did that come out must have it now squee!

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    And @HallowedFaith decides to save me from the agonizing choice of "Oh god, do I buy scribblenauts for 35% off NOW, or wait until I can actually afford it" and gifts it to me. In his honor, I will attempt to solve as many puzzles as I can through copious uses of a panda.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    HallowedFaithHallowedFaith Call me Cloud. Registered User regular
    The Gifting War has begun...

Pew pew. ;)

I'm making video games. DesignBy.Cloud
  • Options
    DrovekDrovek Registered User regular
    Masume wrote: »
    Holy crap school is kicking my ass. Radiology is not an easy field to go into. :(
    For that matter I just noticed all this Pinball FX table talk and it's on sale?!? I have too much studying to do. -,-

steam_zpsb4a205e9.png

Yes, Pinball.

steam_sig.png( < . . .
  • Options
    HeartfinderHeartfinder Registered User regular
    Generally, unless the game has some weird policy about its saves (hi GFWL!), or transferring a save that has mods attached to a vanilla install, you can usually just copy and paste the save file from one PC to another and it should work without issues.

Also bought La-Mulana and PAC-MAN CE DX+ to compensate for capitulating and grabbing GTA V for the 360. La-Mulana shall be... interesting.

steam_sig-400.png
  • Options
    striderjgstriderjg Registered User regular
    So, sometime tomorrow I will probably be packing up my computer and loading it into storage for the long drive to the 'other' coast next week and won't have much chance to check the thread other then on my phone or a borrowed laptop for _X_ amount of time. In light of this I figured I would post a farewell to the steam thread from the East Coast. Next time I visit you from this rig (after tomorrow) I'll be hailing from the cold wet West. Let your backlogs grow and the brofists spread during my cold dark computerless time:)
    Signed a Summer Lurker (to much going on to keep active).

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    Weird, can't add anything to my cart.

• Options
    HeirTransparentHeirTransparent ... Registered User regular
    edited September 2013
    SkutSkut wrote: »
    Weird, can't add anything to my cart.

Same here. Just restart Steam.

EDIT: Sheesh, even that doesn't work. Why have you forsaken us Gaben?

HeirTransparent on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Banzai5150Banzai5150 Registered User regular
    Drovek wrote: »
    Ataxrxes wrote: »
    Hmm, yeah it's probably that some of these games don't have it. Rogue Legacy appears to not have it either.

Terraria doesn't have Steam Cloud support.

However, something you can do to... somewhat fix the issue, is to use either DropBox, SkyDrive or Google Drive's software to have a backed up folder in both PC's. You keep the real folder with the saves in that backed up directory, and replace the real one the game uses with a link to that one.

(In theory it should work, though I haven't tried such a thing yet.)

Use DropBox and GameSave Manager to manage your save games.

50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    vegeta_666vegeta_666 CanadaRegistered User regular
    Just a heads-up! State of Decay is landing on Steam tomorrow in a Early Access state for $20.

It is Early Access still as the PC port still requires a lot of work. Optimization, bug/crash fixes and providing mouse+keyboard support (can only use a 360 controller right now) are in the near future as updates are released.

Sob24Nm.png
    Steam: abunchofdaftpunk | PSN: noautomobilesgo | Lastfm: sjchszeppelin | Backloggery: colincummings | 3DS FC: 1392-6019-0219 |
  • Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    Seems like the issue with PBFX2 crashing is something with their online. Running it from Offline Mode Steam it no longer crashes.

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    Hey guys?

Assault Android Cactus is sooooo good.

Also intense. Man.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    MaguanoMaguano Registered User regular
    edited September 2013
    since today is my 10 year wedding anniversary, here's a give away for a game that some of us had installed on our PCs back in those halcyon days
    signature.png
    open till Sunday, gen-pop PA steam group

Maguano on
    steam:maguano2
    gamertag:Maguano71
    Switch:SW-8428-8279-1687
  • Options
    DaringDirkDaringDirk Daddy CEO Oakland, CARegistered User regular
    Ceno wrote: »
    DaringDirk wrote: »
    Tomorrow. Tomorrow is my first Friday off. Fridays off for the rest of the year. No kiddo to watch, just games to play and home construction to accomplish. And games. And maybe a carwash. Then games.

Be a stay at home dad like me, and every day is Friday! In the "oh right I should probably bathe at some point" way, not the "doing nothing on the couch" way, though.

I wish. We live in the Bay Area, where you need to make $150,000 in order to have a stay at home spouse.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    I'm giving away Hitman Absolution through Steamgifts. It's G&T Group only, but please sign up!

http://www.steamgifts.com/giveaway/0yZoK/hitman-absolution

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    kaliyamakaliyama Left to find less-moderated fora Registered User regular
    Congrats on winning the Xenonauts giveaway, @Stabbitystyle !

fwKS7.png?1
  • Options
    KafkaAUKafkaAU Western AustraliaRegistered User regular
    So I picked up Ironclad Tactics last night. It's pretty enjoyable. It seems a touch easy though (not very far through it yet). It's slightly different from a normal card based game (at least in my experience) where there is no phases or anything (well there is, but they automatically progress), so it's got a bit of a fast pace to it. Could be interesting to play against other humans though.

steam_sig.png
    Origin: KafkaAU B-Net: Kafka#1778
  • Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    Anyone know of an open world game where you are fighting one or more armies and can fight the entire army or take out the entire command chain one at a time to weaken them?

Like if I wanted to take the town of Gold Watch, I'd assassinate commander gabe to weaken the forces in the town of gold watches and commander tycho in the town of gamestop whose forces would support Gold Watch once my forces attacked.

• Options
    Idx86Idx86 Long days and pleasant nights.Registered User regular
    So I couldn't for the life of me buy Pinball tables today. The app just wasn't working. I hope my failure is rewarded in a 75% off deal later on down the road.

sig.gif

2008, 2012, 2014 D&D "Rare With No Sauce" League Fantasy Football Champion!
  • Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    Oh man, I won @kaliyama's SteamGifts giveaway for Xenonauts! So pumped! I've been hearing excellent things about this game and it's been on my wishlist forever! Thanks again, man!

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    My mom said she saw some people walking around in our backyard yesterday. After she yelled at them for trespassing, she found out they were Verizon guys installing FIOS for the block.

This is so exciting for my Steam backlog I might cry.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    This was at the end of my first day with the World War Hulk table. Not bad, though... a few million short :P
    3D0DBC74D1C6E5993E5946E595A09CEDF8875AA0

steam_sig.png( < . . .
  • Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    signature.png

@Fiskav gifted me Rocketing Chickens!

And I'm still giving away Sleeping Dogs!

signature.png

• Options
    CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    Looks like Cognition keys are slowly being rolled out. Apparently if you own any episodes, the price of the season pass gets cut. So like if you got Ep 1 and 2 from groupees, you'd get 50 percent off buying the pass.

• Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Is Bioshock Infinite a scary game?

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular

Depends what you find scary?

• Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular

Pretty much only one section. I'd show you a video of hilarious reactions to one specific part of it, but I don't want to spoil it for you.

Also, yeah, if you find racism horrific, then it is quite a horrific game.

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    SagrothSagroth Registered User regular
    edited September 2013
    Who wants Limbo and/or Bastion(great games, but I already own them both)?

Bastion

Loading...?

Enjoy!

Sagroth on
    3DS Code: 5155-3087-0800
  • Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular

Pretty much only one section. I'd show you a video of hilarious reactions to one specific part of it, but I don't want to spoil it for you.

Also, yeah, if you find racism horrific, then it is quite a horrific game.

There is only one jump-scare. Its unavoidable.

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    SagrothSagroth Registered User regular
    Limbo:

Loading...?

if I got the tags wrong, my apologies!

3DS Code: 5155-3087-0800
  • Options
    LanrutconLanrutcon The LabyrinthRegistered User regular
    So Scribblenauts Unmasked is almost here. It's a confusing game, to be sure. They give you the ability to type in words to create or alter reality in order to solve problems. The sheer size of the game's vocabulary is really quite impressive, but what confuses me is why they'd go to all that trouble when you're only going to need a single word for every single challenge:

Batman.

Capture.jpg~original
    Currently playing: GW2 and TSW
  • Options
    xenardxenard Registered User regular
    Thanks @Firebird for the gift of Fez

steam_sig.png
    3DS Friend Code: 2449-5711-0640
  • Options
    FirebirdFirebird Harbinger....of.....~something. Registered User regular
    Firebird wrote: »
    Man, everyone is on a gifting mood lately, well.... here's my haul.
    Ok, so I got keys for;

- Mark of the Ninja
    - FTL: Faster than Light
    - Fez
    - Rocketbirds: Hardboiled Chicken.
    - A Virus Named Tom
    - Bastion

Just PM if anyone wants them, otherwise I will just hand them out randomly on my friend list.

Some of these I am just not interested in adding to my library, being one game shy of hitting the 100 mark. I'd like it to be special game.
    Plus, my almost-OCD compulsion to keep it at 100 might prevent me from destroying my wallet further at the Steam store, and keeps my backlog in check...

Does anyone have a good suggestion for an highly customizable action/RPG game, or something with at least one element of the aformentioned?

*UPDATE*

Several still up if anyone wants em'.

steam_sig.png

STEAM ID: Firebird
    XBOX Live: FirebirdLR
    Playstation: FirebirdXR
  • Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    CorriganX wrote: »
    Excision wrote: »
    azith28 wrote: »
    So...Argrest wars. Is this the same game that was sold on the PS3 with a boob mouse pad? The same game with almost tits?

Got nothing against that, i just am surprised to see steam allow it since they have avoided overtly sexualized games.

Yes, Record of Agarest War was the original release name.

siliconera.com/2010/01/26/record-of-agarest-war-naughty-edition-revealed-includes-pillowcase-and-squishy-mousepad/

"This collectors item includes Record of Agarest War, a soundtrack CD, 26” x 20” pillowcase of Ellis, and a “sensual” Vira-Lor mouse pad packaged in a Naughty Collector’s box."

I bought it on 360 because I really wanted another tactics like game. Didn't really give a damn about the bonuses but I gave them a shot. Ill be honest, the pillowcase was shit. Super scratchy and uncomfortable, but I would never really use it anyways. My old mousepad started fucking up, so I switched in the boobies mousepad. That thing was so goddamn amazingly comfortable. I didnt even care how ridiculous it looked, it was super ergomatic. Great goddamn thing. I was so sad when the gel wristrest broke. :(

Broke??? You mean her implants burst? Get that mousepad a doctor STAT!

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    FiskavFiskav Registered User regular
    Sigh. You can go here and apparently get cheap games with Steam keys: http://digital.gamefly.com/#!/promotion/426 . I did just that, and bought BNW for $15, and Spec Ops: The Line for $7.50. Bargain, right?

Perhaps, but I just got this email: Thanks for your recent order on GameFly! We are hoping to speak with you directly to verify this purchase. We will reach out to you as soon as possible using the email address or phone number located on your account during the following times, Monday –Friday from 8AM CST to 7PM CST and Saturday/Sunday from 8AM CST to 6PM CST.

This is what I get for not using PayPal.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    You paid $7.50 for Spec Ops: The Line? Why?

Bummer about the Gamefly thing, though. A CC issue?

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    skyknytskyknyt Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Yeah, credit cards get fussy about digital purchases. Last steam sale I had to take to Visa's AND my bank's risk departments about what I was doing making multiple purchases at 4am.

Tycho wrote:
    [skyknyt's writing] is like come kind of code that, when comprehended, unfolds into madness in the mind of the reader.
    PSN: skyknyt, Steam: skyknyt, Blizz: skyknyt#1160
  • Options
    skyknyt wrote: »
    Yeah, credit cards get fussy about digital purchases. Last steam sale I had to take to Visa's AND my bank's risk departments about what I was doing making multiple purchases at 4am.

One of my credit cards can't make any more Steam purchases because reasons. The bank couldn't (wouldn't?) fix it for me (according to Steam support it was on their end.)

Another card (same bank) has no problem, however.

steam_sig.png( < . . .
  • Options
    CorsiniCorsini Registered User regular
    Okay guys, should I get Patrician 4 and/or Port Royale 3. Sure they're cheap, but are they good?

steam_sig.png
    Steam Badger A greasemonkey script for better gifting and peering
  • Options
    Talus9952Talus9952 Registered User regular
    DaringDirk wrote: »
    Tomorrow. Tomorrow is my first Friday off. Fridays off for the rest of the year. No kiddo to watch, just games to play and home construction to accomplish. And games. And maybe a carwash. Then games.

That day, is sooooo far away. If it ever gets here.

steam_sig.png
This discussion has been closed.