As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[BSG:BG] Daybreak Game 1 - Game Over

• KaneskiKaneski Registered User regular
    edited September 2013
    Oooh, @Professor Phobos save it for when I make skill checks reckless... only 1 reckless effect triggers and cards I have will help you humans lots.

Especially on my turn... "current player" stuff on treacheries don't bother me as much as you humans.

Kaneski on
  • Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    The one time Id be useful and my hand is gone.

Not my colors and once I come down to you filthy humans my cards will shine sparkly magic on you.

0 cards. If there are interrupts played, I'll reconsider/repost.

For my upcoming turn - Politics/Engineering flex draw, please

• PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    Kaneski wrote: »
    Space crisis averted - the fore area is going to jump in. Woo!

As for skill check - totally not my colors. Cannot help you squishy meatbags. Honestly though... with space threat about to go from "GRAGH! I CUT YOU!" to "Sir, please stop"... 1 pop...

Uh, why would fore jump in?

• blahmcblahblahmcblah You pick your side and you stick - you don't cut and run when things get ugly. Registered User regular
    Phyphor wrote: »
    Space crisis averted - the fore area is going to jump in. Woo!

As for skill check - totally not my colors. Cannot help you squishy meatbags. Honestly though... with space threat about to go from "GRAGH! I CUT YOU!" to "Sir, please stop"... 1 pop...

Uh, why would fore jump in?

There aren't any basestars left to place on the CFB. :(

• Professor PhobosProfessor Phobos Registered User regular
    Oooh, @Professor Phobos save it for when I make skill checks reckless... only 1 reckless effect triggers and cards I have will help you humans lots.

Especially on my turn... "current player" stuff on treacheries don't bother me as much as you humans.

Okay, sounds like a plan. Honestly I think we just bite this check; I don't have enough to contribute meaningfully without emptying my hand.

0 Cards.

• blahmcblahblahmcblah You pick your side and you stick - you don't cut and run when things get ugly. Registered User regular
    I can only hurt. Should I dump my less-harmful/potentially useful Treachery card, or save it for an inevitable "President discards" crisis?

Oh right, forgot that launch places a basestar

edited September 2013
    @blahmcblah I don't think that card is going to harm us in the near future, and can be useful after the next jump... But if you're forced to discard, you're pinned by mutiny again... I'd say go now.

Kaneski on
    The other thing I could possibly save them for is At Any Cost - actually probably not a terrible idea. But it still might be better to put one if not both in.

Alright, fine then. Two cards. Consider the check tanked.

Oooh... now im curious.

• TenekTenek Registered User regular
    0 cards

Destiny should be neutral, there's still a Piloting we haven't seen and only two cards left. I think Pil/Ldr

edited September 2013
    A

Okay, sounds like a plan. Honestly I think we just bite this check; I don't have enough to contribute meaningfully without emptying my hand.

0 Cards.

Right, sorry boss. Forgot that only 1 reckless card can be played per check. Good thing I read before posting, huh... Point stands, don't think it was worth it for this one...

Kaneski on
  • MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    @Kirindal is the last player to make a contribution declaration for this check.

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • KirindalKirindal Registered User regular
    Haven't a good card for this one. 0 Cards

Turn 13: Helena Cain (Professor Phobos)

Crisis Card: Unidentified Ship

Skill Check [10] Tactics + Piloting
    Pass: No effect.
    Fail: -1 Population.

After Crisis: Launch Raiders

Skill Check Contributions
    Destiny Deck - 2 cards
    D'Anna Biers (Kaneski) - 0 cards
    Sherman "Doc" Cottle (Kirindal) - 0 cards
    Romo Lampkin (blahmcblah) - 2 cards
    Gaius Baltar, Daybreak ver. (Phyphor) - 0 cards
    Louanne "Kat" Katraine (Grunt's Ghosts) - 0 cards
    Lee Adama, Daybreak ver. (Tenek) - 0 cards
    Helena Cain (Professor Phobos) - 0 cards

Piloting 5 - Maximum Firepower

Leadership 2 - Executive Order
    Treachery 4 - Violent Outbursts
    Treachery 5 - Exploit A Weakness

Check Total: 5 - 2 - 9 = -6, Fail. -1 Population.

The Destiny Deck has been depleted and will be restocked. Violent Outbursts causes Professor Phobos to move to Sickbay. Exploit a Weakness requires that Professor Phobos select a human player to draw a Mutiny Card - who will take it?

4463rwiq7r47.png
    edited September 2013
    Jesus blah, those weren't harmless... I'd say Cain is safe to XO out of sickbay, but still...

Kaneski on
    Hmm. If I give it to Lampkin he'll go to the brig. No one else has a mutiny card so that's not a concern otherwise. I'm not allowed to give one to myself, so how about Lee Adama?

I already have one.... sigh.

That I gave to myself.

edited September 2013
    Hmm. If I give it to Lampkin he'll go to the brig. No one else has a mutiny card so that's not a concern otherwise. I'm not allowed to give one to myself, so how about Lee Adama?

Incorrect on all 3 counts, I'm afraid. AND a human-damaging action. Now to figure out if you are a Cylon, after all (unless you suspect Adama for some reason - nothing's happened since sleeper)... But you would've just blind-jumped for more damage. Humm... thoughts?

Kaneski on
    Oh, damn it. I shouldn't post until I've had my coffee. It's early in the morning over here.

@blahmcblah don't suppose you have a presidential pardon in your bag of tricks? Or an arrest order? Either one would be useful around now...

edited September 2013
    Oh, damn it. I shouldn't post until I've had my coffee. It's early in the morning over here.

Well, dicks. For my money, we gotta brig or space you now. Claims of incompetence is the most common secret cylon excuse, because it works. Very often. I think Kirindal/Hoshi history is maybe about to repeat itself, but the extremely annoying thing is... humans can't afford to let it go. It's obvious human for 99.9% of the time or space popsicle.

Edit: only possible way I can see now is me getting XO'ed immediately after infiltration so I can clear you 50% by examining 1 loyalty...

Kaneski on
    I'm going with bad decision. Blind jump would have been worth it if she got executed on the spot.

33%. She got the toaster's card too.

edited September 2013
    Tenek wrote: »
    33%. She got the toaster's card too.
    Right you are, sir.
    Tenek wrote: »
    I'm going with bad decision. Blind jump would have been worth it if she got executed on the spot.
    Yeah... as decisions go, though... getting all the things relevant wrong + 1/4 chance of picking you ostensibly randomly (between Doc, Romo, Kat and Adama)... I mean yeah, can happen; but if it was done by a human that's pretty horrific.

Kaneski on
    edited September 2013
    Well, on the bright side, Adama can XO someone and still make a get-out-of-the-brig check, so out of everyone it's not the end of the world he's in the brig at the moment.

Professor Phobos on
    edited September 2013
    Well, on the bright side, Adama can XO someone and still make a get-out-of-the-brig check, so out of everyone it's not the end of the world he's in the brig at the moment.

Huh. Very true. Damn, Adama Mk II is getting sexier each time he does something :D

Anyway... guessing the rest of the meatbags aren't going to side with me. Also almost certainly not Phyphor, so even if you are a cylon, think you're safe ;)

Kaneski on
    Alternate Adama is crazy-good, yeah.

Eh. It seems a bit of a waste to use my general ability to get out of the brig, since it means that I can't contribute to skill checks in the meantime (not that I have much to help with until my turn, though, so it may be a wash anyways). The other half is that a good portion of the human strategy is "be where you need to be to get XO'd" - Cain should probably have left the Admiral's Quarters unless you're planning a double-brig attempt for when we figure out who the other Cylon is. I'll have a useful Mutiny card available to use for my second action, assuming I pass the Brig check on the first one.

Other than that - save the Quorum card until we're reasonably sure - putting two humans in would be a disaster.

I ended up in sickbay anyway. Drank too much and they had to pump my stomach.

I never said harmless. One mutiny card probably doesn't hurt, and may even help, and I figured Lee could XO Cain out of sickbay again. Like I said, I thought about just holding on to them for a better time.

I would totally be up for executing cain! Or any of you really

Professor Phobos elects Tenek to draw a Mutiny card. Since Tenek now has two Mutiny cards, he is moved to the Brig and must discard one Mutiny card. Give me a minute to sort that out, and we'll keep moving once Tenek has decided which card to keep.

4463rwiq7r47.png
    Well, it's not very helpful for us now. Discard:

Feed the People
    Action
    : Decrease the Jump Preparation track by 2 and gain 1 food. Then, remove this card from the game.

edited September 2013

Tenek discards "Feed the People".

The unidentified ship is ordered to be taken out, but it ends up being a civilian ship. Accusations fly about in an attempt to assign responsibility, and violence erupts in the bridge. Ultimately, Helena Cain has to return to sickbay for her further injuries and Lee Adama sent to the brig to cool his head.

After Crisis: Since there are no more basestars available to place on the Cylon Fleet board, all ships in the Fore (9 o'clock) section of the Cylon Fleet Board jump in to the main board. The Pursuit Track advances to Level 3.

Turn 14: D'Anna Biers (Kaneski)

Receive Skills Step: D'Anna Biers (Kaneski) draws 1 Politics and 1 Engineering card.

Current Situation:
    BSGBG-GameD01-T14-1.gif
    Resources: Fuel - 4, Food - 6, Morale - 5, Population - 9.

Jump Preparation: Level 2 - Jump unavailable.
    Pursuit Track: Level 3.

Distance Covered: 5

Galactica: Weapons Control damaged, no boarding parties.
    Pegasus: Engine Room damaged.

Nuke Tokens: 2 remain.
    Quorum Cards: 2 in hand.

Active Quorum Cards:
    Accept Prophecy - Prevent transfer of President title via the Administration location or increase difficulty of Admiral's Quarters checks against the President by 2; card is used once before discarded.

Ship Reserves: 5 Viper Mk II, 2 Raptors, and 1 Assault Raptor available, 4 Viper Mk VIIs damaged.

Characters:
    Samuel "Doc" Cottle (Kirindal) - Captain's Cabin (1 Skill Card)
    President Romo Lampkin (blahmcblah) - President's Office (2 Skill Cards, 1 Mutiny Card, Mutineer)
    Gaius Baltar, Daybreak ver. (Phyphor) - Resurrection Ship (0 Skill Cards)
    CAG Louanne "Kat" Katraine (Grunt's Ghosts) - Hangar Deck (0 Skill Cards, 1 Miracle Token)
    Lee Adama, Daybreak ver. (Tenek) - Brig (3 Skill Cards, 1 Mutiny Card, 1 Miracle Token)
    Admiral Helena Cain (Professor Phobos) - Sickbay (4 Skill Cards, 1 Miracle Token)
    D'Anna Biers (Kaneski) - Human Fleet (6 Skill Cards, 1 Miracle Token)

Galactica Space:
    Fore (9 o'clock) - 1 Basestar, 2 Raiders, 1 Heavy Raider.
    Starboard-bow (11 o'clock) - 1 Civilian Ship.
    Starboard-quarter (1 o'clock) - 1 Civilian Ship.
    Aft (3 o'clock) - 3 Civilian Ships.
    Port-quarter (5 o'clock) - 1 Viper Mk. II, 1 Civilian Ship.
    Port-bow (7 o'clock) - 1 Civilian Ship.

Cylon Space:
    Fore (9 o'clock) - None.
    Starboard-bow (11 o'clock) - 3 Raiders.
    Starboard-quarter (1 o'clock) - 1 Basestar.
    Aft (3 o'clock) - 3 Raiders.
    Port-quarter (5 o'clock) - 1 Raider.
    Port-bow (7 o'clock) - None.

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
    edited September 2013
    @Tenek I think Phobos meant if you yourself have an XO to use - you can do that AND still attempt the brig check. If someone XOs you, on the other hand, yeah, you can escape and then mutiny. The only shame is, ofcourse, that you are stuck with 1 card at a time.

Anyway, since I received my skill cards I'll do my turn... Damn. Civilian F is in trouble. I was originally going to go Hangar Deck to make it rain Mk VII Vipers, but now I thought Command... UGH! We could waste an XO to save 1 civilian ship (via 3 viper activations), or if I get some Mk VIIs out by the time it's Kat's or Adama's turn, they will do it with extreme efficiency... the only danger civilian is pop/fuel and 1/12 chance for good vipers... Sorry humans, I think I'll take the chance.

Movement - stay on Human Fleet. Action - Infiltrate human fleet to Hangar Deck

XOing me will make it rain Mk VII vipers.

Kaneski on
    Turn 14: D'Anna Biers (Kaneski)

Movement Step: Kaneski remains at Human Fleet.
    Action Step: Begin infiltration, moving to the Hangar Deck.

D'Anna finally catches a ship to move from the outer civilian ships of the human fleet to Galactica proper. As she steps into the ship, she's accidentally roped into a conversation regarding an issue that seems to have been pressing itself on the fleet recently...

Crisis Card: Food Shortage

President Romo Lampkin (blahmcblah) must choose:
    A) -2 Food.
    OR
    B) -1 Food. The President discards 2 Skill Cards, then the current player discards 3 Skill Cards.

After Crisis: Activate Raiders, Advance Jump Preparation

4463rwiq7r47.png