As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Happy [chat]day Simonwolf!!

196979899100102»

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    zagdrob wrote: »
    One of my wife's former co-workers is horribly allergic to peanut butter.

Her mom told her that peanut butter cups are so good that if she ever decides to commit suicide, she needs to be sure to go that way because it'll be worth it.

I'm...not sure if that's good parental advice.

It's true. If you want to commit suicide and you're allergic to peanut butter, peanut butter cups are the way to do it.

Though you want to make sure it's the easter egg ones. They're the perfect peanut butter to chocolate ratio.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited September 2013
    Syndalis you bum! Gold is best!

Donkey Kong on
    Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular

Her mom told her that peanut butter cups are so good that if she ever decides to commit suicide, she needs to be sure to go that way because it'll be worth it.

I know I'm going to tell my kids never to attempt suicide with painkillers, jump off a tall bridge or something instead.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    zagdrobzagdrob Registered User regular
    bowen wrote: »

It's true. If you want to commit suicide and you're allergic to peanut butter, peanut butter cups are the way to do it.

Though you want to make sure it's the easter egg ones. They're the perfect peanut butter to chocolate ratio.

Christmas trees are pretty good too.

• Options
    Apparently there was a line at our mall at midnight and the mall put it up on facebook. It was for the iphone.

I just can't fathom people going for midnight launches of stuff, why would you be so excited to do that?

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Oh man. I need to look into allergy shots.

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    Chanus wrote: »
    Oh man. I need to look into allergy shots.

Yeah, you do.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options

Christmas trees are pretty good too.

Yeah, the halloween ones are good too. Though they look like resurfaced easter ones. Off season the 'double' sized ones are the next best thing.

• Options
    Ravenhpltc24Ravenhpltc24 So Raven Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    how is grad school so far
    BobCesca wrote: »
    Point of order: we don't really call it 'grad school' over here.

We must make sure that girl-Raven's immersion in British culture is as complete as possible.

So, how's the postgrad going?

Late response, my b. I had to run across the street to class before I could reply this morning! Postgrad is going well, I have officially survived my first week. Going out for drinks tonight with some new friends from my degree, and tomorrow I think a few of us are going to take a look around the botanical gardens and go out for lunch. :D Everything is pretty great, actually. This whole week was pretty much review (a few concepts here and there that I wasn't familiar with). Next week we begin an already intimidating group project that we have to present on Friday. Luckily mah main man DRX will be back on Thursday to keep me from freaking out too much...

But yeah! I kind of love it here. I really don't want to have to leave at the end of next summer!

(V) ( ;,,; ) (V)
  • Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    I would never wait in line for a phone. My phone can still do everything it can, why not wait

Though to be fair I've waited at a midnight release for madden which is hardly the most innovative year to year purchase

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    kaleeditykaleedity Sometimes science is more art than science Registered User regular
    kid determines it's time to end all things

picks up a pack of reeses'

they're so fucking good, oh what a way to end it

oh wait

there's no real peanutbutter in reese's, only flavored penuche

kid gains a new outlook on life

becomes president

• Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    I also just had to press the home button 9 times to get messages to close so maybe I should've been in line

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    how is grad school so far
    BobCesca wrote: »
    Point of order: we don't really call it 'grad school' over here.

We must make sure that girl-Raven's immersion in British culture is as complete as possible.

So, how's the postgrad going?

Late response, my b. I had to run across the street to class before I could reply this morning! Postgrad is going well, I have officially survived my first week. Going out for drinks tonight with some new friends from my degree, and tomorrow I think a few of us are going to take a look around the botanical gardens and go out for lunch. :D Everything is pretty great, actually. This whole week was pretty much review (a few concepts here and there that I wasn't familiar with). Next week we begin an already intimidating group project that we have to present on Friday. Luckily mah main man DRX will be back on Thursday to keep me from freaking out too much...

But yeah! I kind of love it here. I really don't want to have to leave at the end of next summer!

>:V

will you tell DRX to stop timing his visits with my fortnightly airsoft meets? i am free this weekend damn it!

• Options
    kaleedity wrote: »

oh wait

becomes president

What the fuck kind of reese's did you eat?

• Options
    http://www.netgrocer.com/pd/Reeses/Peanut-Butter-Creamy/18-oz/034000400126/

Oh yeah, here's the peanut butter in jar format.

• Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Gonmun wrote: »
    Honk wrote: »
    God I will probably buy GTA V for the 360 can't resist. And it'll be terrible. I'll have to empty out my HDD, and I will most likely find out that my launch 360 can't handle it. Just like with GTA IV.

Wait, it won't work on the old style 360's?

Not to say I have any idea on GTA V but GTA IV was extremely poorly optimized.

I had to finish the last third in 30 minute increments because any more than that and the system would shut down due to heat (I think it was). Then I had to wait several hours to do another session.

PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    God I will probably buy GTA V for the 360 can't resist. And it'll be terrible. I'll have to empty out my HDD, and I will most likely find out that my launch 360 can't handle it. Just like with GTA IV.

I had to finish the last third in 30 minute increments because any more than that and the system would shut down due to heat (I think it was). Then I had to wait several hours to do another session.

I think it's weird that you blame GTA IV for this and not the fantastically stupid design of the first generation 360s :P

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    A guy on the board of our company has the last name "Mo" and just sent an email to the company and signed it "Chairman Mo".

• Options

GTA V is much better

i am astonished how well it works on the 360

• Options
    a student town is a good place to be a hairdressing apprentice

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    hrm

last night put me in the mood for more curry

question is, can my ass take the strain?

• Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular

anaphylactic shock seems like a horrible horrible way to go.

Shut up, chrome. i know how to spell.

• Options
    kaleeditykaleedity Sometimes science is more art than science Registered User regular
    edited September 2013
    kaleedity wrote: »

oh wait

becomes president

What the fuck kind of reese's did you eat?

peanut butter couldn't be mass produced in reeses' without them being really soft or melty

they actually do use some peanuts, but they make up the minority of the filling

like, it's small enough that there's been studies where peanut allergy kids were given trace amounts of peanuts (so little to not cause a reaction) and the amount of peanut matter fed to them daily was increased by trace amounts. After some time, the kids exhibited no reaction to straight up eating peanuts.
    "It's not really even medicine, it's just Reese's Pieces," Sam said.

kaleedity on
  • Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    Casual wrote: »
    hrm

Give it another day.

• Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    hrm

USE IT OR LOSE IT

• Options
    Abdhyius wrote: »

I think it's weird that you blame GTA IV for this and not the fantastically stupid design of the first generation 360s :P

I can see the issue from their side but from a consumer perspective consoles are supposed to be a unit of "game for [Xbox 360]". So if the jewel case is green it just works when I put it in.

But I guess most of the old ones have died so that was the solution to the problem.

I have a "new" one, but it's a MS refurbished launch model and I don't know how deeply they went into making it actually work well inside.

Also note that my 360 is basically raised free range so I really did the maximum possible to insure air flow.

• Options
    KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    a student town is a good place to be a hairdressing apprentice

Agreed, and to be a guy With good hair and no money

Freedom for the Northern Isles!
  • Options
    jakobaggerjakobagger LO THY DREAD EMPIRE CHAOS IS RESTORED Registered User regular
    edited September 2013
    Differences between Danish politics (top) and Norwegian (bottom):
    uDijGFn.jpg?1

@Abdhyius

jakobagger on
  • Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    Danish politics look awesome.

But aren't you all just like one country over there?

• Options
    Cinders wrote: »
    hrm

USE IT OR LOSE IT

m-my ass? :shock:

• Options
    prrrretty much, yeah.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    out of the four parties who will form our next government, only one has a male party leader. The rest of them are in that picture.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    Geth, recycle the thread

• Options
    GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    This thread is no longer active, and will be recycled.
    @Cinders will create the new thread
    @Organichu is backup

This discussion has been closed.