As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[nfl] THIS THREAD IS DEAD. POST IN THE NEW ONE.

19495969798100»

• Options
    r4dr3zr4dr3z Registered User regular
    Comradebot wrote: »
    Ah, Trent Richardson a Colt.

My Ahmad Bradshaw draft pick keeps getting worse and worse.

I'm thinking next year I'll handle my fantasy draft the same way the Jaguars handle the real draft, and just throw together a board covered in all the players' names, and then throw a chicken on top of it: whomever's name the chicken shits on, I draft.

Bradshaw's always been a pretty shitty player. the giants in their best seasons just managed to make him look passable.
    For a moment I thought I read that as "the steelers" instead of "the giants", as if you were referring to Terry instead of Ahmad.

• Options
    Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular
    For I didn't see the game last night.

can someone please explain to me what the fuck is going on with this 2 point conversion

ku-xlarge.gif

Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k
  • Options
    BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    A shitty, sideways snap.

• Options
    CogCog What'd you expect? Registered User regular
    edited September 2013
    Chip Kelly being too cute for his own good. Honestly, if the 'snap' hadn't been a yard behind Ertz, it might have worked. There was man-to-man blocking for every single defensive player in front of Ertz. If he hadn't had to lean right to catch the ball and gotten the snap more or less "in stride" He would have just about walked right in.

I think the strategy was to line up in a "wtf is this shit" formation that is so weird the defense blows an assignment.

Cog on
  • Options
    Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular
    it just seems so bizzare. Like, i know they have line of scrimmage rules about how many people you have to have on the line. I didn't know you could have some weird split offense though where your oline is off to the side of the snap.

It just looks like some crazy CFL play like how they always have their wide receivers line up 10 yards behind the LOS and take a running start before the snap.

Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k
  • Options
    CogCog What'd you expect? Registered User regular
    You just have to have 7 men on the line and the ball snapped to a back. Where along that line the men actually stand isn't important. They often snap diagonally on some trick plays where they snap to a back standing next to the QB. This was just a much more extreme version of that. The snap doesn't have to pass between your legs by any rule.

• Options
    PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    it just seems so bizzare. Like, i know they have line of scrimmage rules about how many people you have to have on the line. I didn't know you could have some weird split offense though where your oline is off to the side of the snap.

It just looks like some crazy CFL play like how they always have their wide receivers line up 10 yards behind the LOS and take a running start before the snap.

Its called the "swinging gate." Its a very old semi-trick play. Some high school teams punt out of roughly that formation every time. Its used a lot by some college programs for the PAT, switching to a 2 point conversion whenever they think they can get away with it.

Its not something that can work at the NFL level.

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • Options
    fortisfortis OhioRegistered User regular
    edited September 2013
    I don't know what it's called, but Urban Meyer did the same thing twice in OSU's first game this year.

EDIT: It's called the Swinging Gate.

fortis on
  • Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    Week 1 the eagles had a cool of formation where the center and guards lived up normally and Vick and rb behind them. Tackles were split wide with two WR bunched around each. They ran a draw to McCoy and picked up an easy first.

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    edited September 2013
    MNC Dover on
    Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    kilroydoskilroydos Registered User regular
    y2jake215 wrote: »
    Week 1 the eagles had a cool of formation where the center and guards lived up normally and Vick and rb behind them. Tackles were split wide with two WR bunched around each. They ran a draw to McCoy and picked up an easy first.

Mike Leach ran an entire series in this formation back in 1999 when he was the OC at Oklahoma. They called it the Ninja for some reason, and it was mostly draws and quick screens.