As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Steam Thread buys games, sometimes plays them

• Options
    BrocksMulletBrocksMullet Into the sunrise, on a jet-ski. Natch.Registered User regular
    @CuvisTheConqueror saw that I was a weak, flabby manbag, filled with doubt and loathing. He bestowed upon me Brutal Legend! Now I am full of Ummmmmleeeeeetssss!!!!!!!!

I, for one, enjoyed the Mako.

Steam: BrocksMullet http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197972421669/

• Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    Pinball FX2 PSA:

Everyone who is playing PFX2 regularly, make sure your large Steam avatar image is working. Seems broken large avatar images is behind the problem. @rikdaly was helpful in testing this for me. (For those of you friends with him, try restarting steam and trying PFX2 again)

I think steam broke large avatars recently, cause it seems a lot of people have problems with them (myself included) a simple re-upload should fix it.

That might be the most fabulously obscure game-breaking bug I can remember. Kudos. But how the fuck did you track that down? :lol:

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    MuppetmanMuppetman Registered User regular
    Did I miss a Pinball FX2 sale? Really hope not - curse you real life!!!!

camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    Pinball FX2 PSA:

Everyone who is playing PFX2 regularly, make sure your large Steam avatar image is working. Seems broken large avatar images is behind the problem. @rikdaly was helpful in testing this for me. (For those of you friends with him, try restarting steam and trying PFX2 again)

I think steam broke large avatars recently, cause it seems a lot of people have problems with them (myself included) a simple re-upload should fix it.

Yup, just checked and it looks like my large avatar is borked, I'll get it re-uploaded. Unfortunate for the Pinball FX guys that this happened during their daily.

Re: Saints Row IV. Got a weird bug last night where during missions I could hear other character's dialogue but when the Boss spoke, his lips moved but I got no audio. I haven't played since last night, but is this just one of those bugs where a restart fixes it?

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    edited September 2013
    Luchaire wrote: »
    Pinball FX2 PSA:

That might be the most fabulously obscure game-breaking bug I can remember. Kudos. But how the fuck did you track that down? :lol:

Reading the forums on Steam and then poking around with my own random theories based on what other people had experienced.

SCIENCE!!!

bloodatonement on
    Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    eobeteobet 8-bit childhood SwedenRegistered User regular
    I bought the Humble Bundle for two games I didn't have and think I'm going to give the rest away.

What is this PA G&T Adventure Team thing?

Heard the proposition that RIAA and MPAA should join forces and form "Music And Film Industry Association"?
  • Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    edited September 2013
    So the game isn't out, but there's a demo of PAC-MAN Championship Edition DX+ up on Steam. It's time to eat a million ghosts.

EDIT: That demo is a bit more restrictive than I like. There's already a time limit, but the demo stops when the countdown reaches 3 minutes. Still excited for the full game finally being on PC next week.

Peewi on
  • Options
    CheesecakeRecipeCheesecakeRecipe "Should not be allowed to post in the Steam Thread" - Isorn Squalor Victoria, Squalor Victoria!Registered User regular
    eobet wrote: »
    I bought the Humble Bundle for two games I didn't have and think I'm going to give the rest away.

What is this PA G&T Adventure Team thing?

It's a steam group we use as a chatroom for general steam things as well as hosting giveaways on steamgifts. If you post your profile up here or join the chat and ask for an invite we'll be more than happy to drag you aboard.

• Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    'Bout 6 hours left on this. Don't let this opportunity roll by!

signature.png

GO TEAM ADVENTURE!

• Options
    HiT BiTHiT BiT 🍒 Fresh, straight from Pac-man's Registered User regular
    edited September 2013
    It's a steam group we use as a chatroom for general steam things as well as hosting giveaways on steamgifts. If you post your profile up here or join the chat and ask for an invite we'll be more than happy to drag you aboard.
    Occasionally we also go on quests to slay a dragon and win the heart of a princess
    The Newell needs those hearts (apparently they are used as power supply for the Steam servers).

FBalMdj.jpg

HiT BiT on
  • Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    edited September 2013
    @HiT BiT, that is awesome and is going in the OP...
    ....the OP, where one can find answers to such questions as "What are these Steam groups?" "How do I join these Steam groups?" "Is Steam down?" and other stumpers. :)

Iolo on
    Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    So I wonder if there's any chance that any of the upcoming announcements (I think there's 3?) will involve Steam running on the X1 or the PS4.

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    CheesecakeRecipeCheesecakeRecipe "Should not be allowed to post in the Steam Thread" - Isorn Squalor Victoria, Squalor Victoria!Registered User regular
    Houn wrote: »

signature.png

GO TEAM ADVENTURE!

This is @Lacabra 's current hitlist.

• Options
    DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    So I'm just sitting around minding my own business when a Lord of the North plants an ax in my copy of Crusader Kings 2 and declares for the Old Gods.

@Iolo, the bards will sing tales of your class whenever eyes are cast on the accounts of gents.

• Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    So I wonder if there's any chance that any of the upcoming announcements (I think there's 3?) will involve Steam running on the X1 or the PS4.

I'd assume not a chance in hell without the national debt changing hands. The big 3 wouldn't want to give up publishing control with them already taking a hit on the hardware. But I suppose weirder things have happened.

• Options
    Xeddicus wrote: »

I'd assume not a chance in hell without the national debt changing hands. The big 3 wouldn't want to give up publishing control with them already taking a hit on the hardware. But I suppose weirder things have happened.

I don't mean as it's like OS or something; but just a side thing integrated into games that are also steamworks, kinda like uplay and such, like they did with Portal 2 on the PS3; let some cross platform stuff happen and such. Of the two I could see it happening on the PS4 more than the X1, but Microsoft might be getting the hint, shutting down GFWL and all.

• Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    One last plug for my Hitman Absolution giveaway! Ends tonight

signature.png

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    I can't tell if Hydrophobia Prophecy is supposed to be/become a survival horror game yet. Drowning to death is scary enough, but then they keep showing these corpses in such a way that it's like "Whoa! Dead body and loud noises and camera zooms!"

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    SumanaiSumanai muh PTRegistered User regular
    Gamefly is having a 2K sale again: http://digital.gamefly.co.uk/#!/pc/onsale

I think the coupons GFDSEP20UK (UK) and GFDSEP20 (US) are still working for an extra 20% off.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Sumanai wrote: »

I think the coupons GFDSEP20UK (UK) and GFDSEP20 (US) are still working for an extra 20% off.

Note: that and the $5 two pack is cheaper than the amazon pack with all 3 bioshocks

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    I can't tell if Hydrophobia Prophecy is supposed to be/become a survival horror game yet. Drowning to death is scary enough, but then they keep showing these corpses in such a way that it's like "Whoa! Dead body and loud noises and camera zooms!"
    Nope. Just think of it as Mirror's Edge with better gunplay and a shitload more water.
    Also magic, because why not?

sig.gif
  • Options
    darunia106darunia106 J-bob in games Death MountainRegistered User regular
    Houn wrote: »

signature.png

GO TEAM ADVENTURE!

This is @Lacabra 's current hitlist.

Hah! I'm not even going to enter that contest!
    I already bought it

pHWHd2G.jpg
  • Options
    iowaiowa Registered User regular
    edited September 2013
    to celebrate my release after 2 months in Tube's gulag (man, you guys should see that place, there's mirrors on every wall and you have to sleep on a bench press. every meal is just a protein shake. dude has a radio station that only plays 'I am hated for loving'.) i'm giving away a copy of Tomb Raider! since i've found a job and effexor and no longer spend hundreds of dollars on drugs i can give back. all i ask for is someone to re-invite me to the PA G&T adventure group. I love you guys, you're the best community on this entire internet i says.

steamgifts.com/giveaway/wbq4w/tomb-raider

how do i make the thing guys

iowa on
  • Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    iowa wrote: »
    to celebrate my release after 2 months in Tube's gulag (man, you guys should see that place, there's mirrors on every wall and you have to sleep on a bench press. every meal is just a protein shake. dude has a radio station that only plays 'I am hated for loving'.) i'm giving away a copy of Tomb Raider! since i've found a job and effexor and no longer spend hundreds of dollars on drugs i can give back. all i ask for is someone to re-invite me to the PA G&T adventure group. I love you guys, you're the best community on this entire internet i says.

steamgifts.com/giveaway/wbq4w/tomb-raider

how do i make the thing guys

v0nJCVB.jpg

• Options
    awesome thanks houn
    signature.png

• Options
    also i'm disturbed to see that only 9 people on my steam friends list own The Darkness 2. it's fantastic and i've replayed it many times. so next time it's on sale try to remember to PM me and i will buy it for you, depending on whether I've kept my job or not. or else i'll just buy some copies for giveaways.

• Options
    darunia106darunia106 J-bob in games Death MountainRegistered User regular
    @Iolo gifted me The Walking Dead: 400 days dlc!

Granted it was to test to see if the code was claimed or not BUT STILL!

pHWHd2G.jpg
  • Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    Iolo wrote: »
    @HiT BiT, that is awesome and is going in the OP...
    ....the OP, where one can find answers to such questions as "What are these Steam groups?" "How do I join these Steam groups?" "Is Steam down?" and other stumpers. :)

[Steam] You have questions? OP has answers. Seriously.

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    Anyone have experience with the music creator program on steam? Thinking about getting it while it is on sale but I don't know if it is any good or not.

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    iowa wrote: »
    also i'm disturbed to see that only 9 people on my steam friends list own The Darkness 2. it's fantastic and i've replayed it many times. so next time it's on sale try to remember to PM me and i will buy it for you, depending on whether I've kept my job or not. or else i'll just buy some copies for giveaways.

It just makes people realize Darkness 1 isn't on Steam anymore.

steam_sig.png

• Options
    DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    The first Darkness game didn't even get a PC release.

• Options
    8bitogre8bitogre San Antonio, TXRegistered User regular
    Sumanai wrote: »

Thanks dood. Picked up Bioshock Infinite finally for the low price of $10

• Options
    Drake wrote: »
    The first Darkness game didn't even get a PC release.

Well there you go, then. To think of all the games from just this past generation were either never released on PC or licensing issues caused problems. Prey, for one.

steam_sig.png

• Options
    stevemarks44stevemarks44 Registered User regular
    Per suggestions, what Civ V stuff should I get in order to play? I only have the base game right now.

• Options
    vegeta_666vegeta_666 CanadaRegistered User regular
    I have finished Saints Row IV, it was very good. I am excited with what they might do with that ending and post-credits.

Now I've started The Bureau! It is pretty neat. Combat is fun and it looks great. Between this and SRIV though I have been playing a lot of Mass Effect-esque games lately.

Sob24Nm.png
    Steam: abunchofdaftpunk | PSN: noautomobilesgo | Lastfm: sjchszeppelin | Backloggery: colincummings | 3DS FC: 1392-6019-0219 |
  • Options
    I never thought I'd hear someone say Saints Row 4 and Mass Effect were in any way the same game

steam_sig.png

• Options
    vegeta_666vegeta_666 CanadaRegistered User regular
    I never thought I'd hear someone say Saints Row 4 and Mass Effect were in any way the same game

SRIV takes a lot of cues from Mass Effect actually. The gameplay is quite different but having your own ship to return to, loyalty missions for each crew member, other little references and bits as well as Keith David reminded me a lot of ME2.

Sob24Nm.png
    Steam: abunchofdaftpunk | PSN: noautomobilesgo | Lastfm: sjchszeppelin | Backloggery: colincummings | 3DS FC: 1392-6019-0219 |
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    I wouldn't call it "like" Mass Effect, in so much as it was parodying some aspects of Mass Effect.

• Options
    So I got the Egosoft Weekly Bundle, and that's a lot of X's in my library now.

There's three X3's and what is this I don't even?

What I'm asking is: which should I go with first; which X3 anyway? Albion Prelude, Reunion or Terran Conflict? Or should I go more old school and start with one of the earlier ones? There's X and X-Tension?

What fucking order do these damn games go in? :lol:

This discussion has been closed.