As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Steam Thread buys games, sometimes plays them

• CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    I think I'm going to buy this ridiculous Marlow Briggs game.

• BigDesBigDes Registered User regular
    edited September 2013
    So I got the Egosoft Weekly Bundle, and that's a lot of X's in my library now.

There's three X3's and what is this I don't even?

What I'm asking is: which should I go with first; which X3 anyway? Albion Prelude, Reunion or Terran Conflict? Or should I go more old school and start with one of the earlier ones? There's X and X-Tension?

What fucking order do these damn games go in? :lol:

Ok so of the X3 games, you may as well just play Albion Prelude, it is the most recent one

Order she goes:

X
    X-tension (because it is an extension of X do you see? Do you?
    X2 (apparently terrible)
    X3: Reunion
    X3: Terran Conflict
    X3: Albion Prelude

Also since we are now talking about the X games we should all take a minute or so to watch us the fuck out of this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEbL1p5vZpw

EDIT: Also this cheeky fucker

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXs6TEkuuSc

BigDes on
    steam_sig.png
  • DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    BigDes wrote: »

What I'm asking is: which should I go with first; which X3 anyway? Albion Prelude, Reunion or Terran Conflict? Or should I go more old school and start with one of the earlier ones? There's X and X-Tension?

Ok so of the X3 games, you may as well just play Albion Prelude, it is the most recent one

Order she goes:

X
    X2 (apparently terrible)

Also since we are now talking about the X games we should all take a minute or so to watch us the fuck out of this video:

Yeah, there's no point in playing any X game except the latest (Albion Prelude). It's pretty much X3:TC but with some fixes and new stuff, just like X3:TC was pretty much X3:R with fixes and new stuff.

JtgVX0H.png
  • SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    Corpekata wrote: »
    I think I'm going to buy this ridiculous Marlow Briggs game.

Doooooo eeeeeeet.

• StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    I can't help but be worried that this countdown ends with Newell uploading his consciousness to Steam and taking over the world in some kind of Judgement Day scenario.

Only there's no Kyle Reese because the winter sale is approaching and we don't want to upset Newell that much.

YL9WnCY.png
  • skyknytskyknyt Registered User, ClubPA regular
    "I came back in time to warn you about an upcoming disaster..."
    "Robots taking over the earth?"
    "The steam sale starts two weeks late! Don't buy christmas presents until it launches!"
    "Oh."
    "Also the best sales are christmas night!!!"
    "Well, yeah."

Tycho wrote:
    [skyknyt's writing] is like come kind of code that, when comprehended, unfolds into madness in the mind of the reader.
    PSN: skyknyt, Steam: skyknyt, Blizz: skyknyt#1160
  • Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    I can't help but be worried that this countdown ends with Newell uploading his consciousness to Steam and taking over the world in some kind of Judgement Day scenario.

Only there's no Kyle Reese because the winter sale is approaching and we don't want to upset Newell that much.

I'm pretty sure there's a copypasta concerning that exact event.

Stabbity_Style.png
  • CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    Marlow Briggs bought. I will let you know if it is a great game or the greatest game after it downloads and I get a chance to play.

• The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    Rorus Raz wrote: »

Maybe he'll go more Matrix-y, and lock us all in pods and we'll just play all the games in our backlogs for the rest of ever. Lord knows there's enough in my backlog to fill multiple lifetimes.

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    Damn it, 50.9M on the Mars table. So close to Viking's score. Oh well I did beat Spoits!

• CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    If I have time Ill make a new Pinball thread and describe all the tables. I loved Zen Pinball on PS3 until it came out on Xbox and I rebought all my tables...and then Wii U...and then PC....

Don't judge me!

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • jclastjclast Registered User regular
    edited September 2013
    Corpekata wrote: »
    Marlow Briggs bought. I will let you know if it is a great game or the greatest game after it downloads and I get a chance to play.

I picked it up on 360. It's stupid in all the right places, a competent brawler everywhere else, and full of over-the-top things that make me grin while doing them. Within the first hour I took down a ton of helicopters in a turret sequence, beat up some giant industrial equipment, dodged stuff while suspended from a helicopter upside-down, and beat the shit out of everybody who looked at me funny.

I won't lie - it's more than a little clunky, but like a said. Big dumb grin on my face pretty much the whole time. It's like all the action movies I loved in the early 90s had a baby with God of War and a giant angry black guy.

Also, got 3 endings in Papers, Please tonight. I don't understand why checking passports is so thrilling to me, but I know I'll be back to hunt down the rest of those pins at least. $10 very well spent on that one.

jclast on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Werewolf2000adWerewolf2000ad Suckers, I know exactly what went wrong. Registered User regular
    Here's the opening fifteen minutes or so of Marlow Briggs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZXm-ydl1Dg

steam_sig.png
    EVERYBODY WANTS TO SIT IN THE BIG CHAIR, MEG!
  • GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    One last plug for my Hitman Absolution giveaway! Ends tonight

signature.png

Congrats to Darlan for winning the giveaway! I don't know your forum name, but I've friended you on Steam so I can send you the H:A steam key. Enjoy!

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Idx86Idx86 Long days and pleasant nights.Registered User regular
    I don't know if this counts, but I beat TWD: 400 Days this evening. There's no way that Season 2 will match the incredible emotional rollercoaster that was TWD: Season 1. Especially since we sort of know what's coming, with all the fucked up moral decisions and what not. But I also don't think it will be possible to create protagonists that connect to players as much as Clementine and Lee.

That being said, I still think TWD: Season 2 will be fantastic and I can't wait to get my grubby little hands on it.

sig.gif

2008, 2012, 2014 D&D "Rare With No Sauce" League Fantasy Football Champion!
  • HounHoun Registered User regular
    Houn wrote: »
    'Bout 6 hours left on this. Don't let this opportunity roll by!

signature.png

GO TEAM ADVENTURE!

Oh, right, this ended while I was not paying attention at all.

@Unco-ordinated, I would like to give you my ball.

• SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    SkutSkut wrote: »
    Damn it, 50.9M on the Mars table. So close to Viking's score. Oh well I did beat Spoits!

At least I'm beating @viking on one table :bz:

steam_sig.png
  • DaringDirkDaringDirk Daddy CEO Oakland, CARegistered User regular
    Darmak wrote: »

Order she goes:

X
    X2 (apparently terrible)

Yeah, there's no point in playing any X game except the latest (Albion Prelude). It's pretty much X3:TC but with some fixes and new stuff, just like X3:TC was pretty much X3:R with fixes and new stuff.

Damn you people and your videos and suggestions. Bought'd. Jerks.

camo_sig2.png
  • GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    I really like the Witcher 2 but sweet jesus am I bad at it.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • DaringDirkDaringDirk Daddy CEO Oakland, CARegistered User regular
    Idx86 wrote: »
    I don't know if this counts, but I beat TWD: 400 Days this evening. There's no way that Season 2 will match the incredible emotional rollercoaster that was TWD: Season 1. Especially since we sort of know what's coming, with all the fucked up moral decisions and what not. But I also don't think it will be possible to create protagonists that connect to players as much as Clementine and Lee.

That being said, I still think TWD: Season 2 will be fantastic and I can't wait to get my grubby little hands on it.

Gotta say, I love what the emoticons did to this post.

camo_sig2.png
  • vegeta_666vegeta_666 CanadaRegistered User regular
    I wouldn't call it "like" Mass Effect, in so much as it was parodying some aspects of Mass Effect.

Yeah, I'd agree with you, much better worded. It reminded me of ME in a few ways.

Sob24Nm.png
    Steam: abunchofdaftpunk | PSN: noautomobilesgo | Lastfm: sjchszeppelin | Backloggery: colincummings | 3DS FC: 1392-6019-0219 |
  • DyasAlureDyasAlure SeattleRegistered User regular
    Ah, so I'm up to level 5 and have a house in Skyrim. Than my friend told me you could adopt people? Huh? I'm purposely reading nothing beyond how to get a house. We are both playing it at same time though. I need a house to store all my books and ingredients. And that reading was, how do you get the first house. Ok, do quest a, b, c, buy. I didn't even read how to do them. :P

On how to get that house
    That first dungeon that goes on forever, omg. I'm like a complete person. So I went back in three times trying to haul out all the loot that was dropping. This is going to kill me, I need way to carry more. Thankfully I added skyui, so I can sort by value/weight and know what to drop easy. That, and if you don't block just right, ouch. Ranger Thief might be harder than I thought, but no turning back now. :)

Oh, and that last frost guy, I got him by bow by somehow hopping around enough that he stopped trying to advance on me and just shot from distance. My bow distance out did his frost and shout distance. :8

So yeah, all that questing just for the dang house. Next stop, pickpocket and store thief. On that, if you steal a whole store at night, does the stuff ever come back? Than I have to figure out were to fence it...

My%20Steam.png?psid=1My%20Twitch%20-%20Mass%20Effect.png?psid=1=1My%20Youtube.png?psid=1
  • VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    DaringDirk wrote: »
    Darmak wrote: »

Order she goes:

X
    X2 (apparently terrible)

Damn you people and your videos and suggestions. Bought'd. Jerks.

yeah I had to. that video is awesome. $6 yeah okay. fine.

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • an_altan_alt Registered User regular
    When I saw the bundle, I just dismissed the X games as something I'd never play. Now they are absolutely something I must have.

... and never get around to playing.

Pony wrote:
    I think that the internet has been for years on the path to creating what is essentially an electronic Necronomicon: A collection of blasphemous unrealities so perverse that to even glimpse at its contents, if but for a moment, is to irrevocably forfeit a portion of your sanity.
    Xbox - PearlBlueS0ul, Steam
    If you ever need to talk to someone, feel free to message me. Yes, that includes you.
  • RoyceX7RoyceX7 Registered User regular
    The Steam Universe is Expanding in 2014?
    Our backlog has been expanding all day err day.

Steam: RoyceX7

steam_sig.png
  • TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular

signature.png

@Dalantia is the proud winner of some sleepy puppies.

signature.png

Next giveaway start go now!

• ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular

The Steam expansion will be Games for Steam Live.

vegeta_666 wrote: »
    I never thought I'd hear someone say Saints Row 4 and Mass Effect were in any way the same game

SRIV takes a lot of cues from Mass Effect actually. The gameplay is quite different but having your own ship to return to, loyalty missions for each crew member, other little references and bits as well as Keith David reminded me a lot of ME2.

IMO, the relationship between SRIV and ME2 is homage, not parody.

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular
    'Bout 6 hours left on this. Don't let this opportunity roll by!

signature.png

GO TEAM ADVENTURE!

Oh, right, this ended while I was not paying attention at all.

@Unco-ordinated, I would like to give you my ball.

Awesome, thanks. I watched Patrick Klepick play it a week or two ago in a Worth Playing video and I've been wanting to check it out and you just gave me the chance.

I would've replied earlier but the current Rome 2 patch has a stupid bug where alt+tabbing completely screws up the resolution, forcing you to quit the game and restart it. It's super annoying.

Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid
  • skyknytskyknyt Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Games that can't handle alt-tabbing are my pet peeve.

Tycho wrote:
    [skyknyt's writing] is like come kind of code that, when comprehended, unfolds into madness in the mind of the reader.
    PSN: skyknyt, Steam: skyknyt, Blizz: skyknyt#1160
  • DyasAlureDyasAlure SeattleRegistered User regular
    For games that can't alt + tab, you can shift + tab. Well I guess only if it is a steam game. Wait, you don't play games that aren't on steam? That is harisy, and I know you wouldn't do that.

anyway, once you shift + tab, you can use the browser built into steam to do whatever. :)

My%20Steam.png?psid=1My%20Twitch%20-%20Mass%20Effect.png?psid=1=1My%20Youtube.png?psid=1
  • cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Maybe I haven't gotten far enough into it yet, but I find it mildly refreshing that in Tomb Raider, there are rarely any gendered slurs being thrown at our fair heroine. Once someone mentioned Arkham City's thugs in the Catwoman arc to me, it's all I was able to hear.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • iowaiowa Registered User regular
    good morning
    signature.png

can anyone invite me to the adventure group?

• AntoshkaAntoshka Miauen Oil Change LazarusRegistered User regular
    @Luchaire

I just played Pinball FX2 using the Ms Splosion Man table you gave me. I have no idea what I was looking at, but the pink flashing things may have permanently seared my retinas. I just wish I wasn't terrible at it.

n57PM0C.jpg
  • MaguanoMaguano Registered User regular
    morning.
    signature.png
    have a good day.

steam:maguano2
    gamertag:Maguano71
    Switch:SW-8428-8279-1687
  • SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    edited September 2013
    DyasAlure wrote: »
    ...I'm purposely reading nothing beyond how to get a house. We are both playing it at same time though. I need a house to store all my books and ingredients. And that reading was, how do you get the first house. Ok, do quest a, b, c, buy. I didn't even read how to do them. :P

On how to get that house...

I wish getting a house in real life was as easy as it was in RPGs.

Most of the time it's just "Do this quest and you get a house". Fuck dude, you want me to take a bus to Portland, fight some giant rats, sneak into a warehouse, beat some bandits half to death, and rescue the mayor's daughter? I'll do it if you give me a house afterward. Not even joking. Just say the word. I've got Greyhound's website open in another tab right now.

These days it's "Save up forever for a down payment, then borrow five times your yearly income from the bank, then spent the next 20-40 years paying it off, hoping that nothing major breaks and that the market doesn't crash again and pull you upside down with it".

Here's the opening fifteen minutes or so of Marlow Briggs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZXm-ydl1Dg

This looks amazing. God of War starring SuperFly Johnson and the mask from Crash Bandicoot.

SmokeStacks on
  • cardboard delusionscardboard delusions USAgent PSN: USAgent31Registered User regular
    I uh, caved and bought FFXIV last night in a semi-inebriated state. All the excitement + 20% off, sorry backlog... guess I'll see you around.

edited September 2013
    So I'm continuing my tour of mediocre/critically panned games I have had access to on Steam for a long time and can actually run now. After a bit of Hydrophobia Prophecy, I ran a little bit of Garshasp: The Sequel that is also a Prequel. It's...not very good so far, but I also never really played any God of War games so this should all be new and exciting to me. The voice acting is making me giggle though. They got decent audio for the voice acting but it doesn't match up with anything going on.

Next up on the list SHOULD be Legendary, I think. I'll probably end up finishing most of these eventually.

edit: Seriously though, Garshasp. If you are going to make right stick the roll stick like in God of War, your camera angles need to be impeccable. And so far they are lackluster.

Also, why are you showing me these scribbled pieces of paper when you play your audio logs? I can't read it. I don't need to see it. There's no value in it.

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

• TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    So I'm continuing my tour of mediocre/critically panned games I have had access to on Steam for a long time and can actually run now. After a bit of Hydrophobia Prophecy, I ran a little bit of Garshasp: The Sequel that is also a Prequel. It's...not very good so far, but I also never really played any God of War games so this should all be new and exciting to me. The voice acting is making me giggle though. They got decent audio for the voice acting but it doesn't match up with anything going on.

Next up on the list SHOULD be Legendary, I think. I'll probably end up finishing most of these eventually.
    Legendary is not good.

Don't do it man, think of the children

9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular

edit: Seriously though, Garshasp. If you are going to make right stick the roll stick like in God of War, your camera angles need to be impeccable. And so far they are lackluster.

Also, why are you showing me these scribbled pieces of paper when you play your audio logs? I can't read it. I don't need to see it. There's no value in it.
    Yo, bad games playing Bro.

M A G I K A Z A M
    These aren't super long games either, so I feel like I HAVE to finish them. I think I'll be fine as long as they don't ruin my palate for the other, allegedly better games I'm playing concurrently (Hydrophobia ruining Tomb Raider, Legendary ruining Bioshock Infinite, etc)

steam_sig.png

This discussion has been closed.