As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Thread for Excellent Comedies on TV! [NBC comedies, also for other network shows]

• Options
    NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    I gotta say I did like the episode of season 4 with Abed trying to date those two girls

Brie Larson. *Swoon*

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Straightzi wrote: »
    Mr. G wrote: »
    it would be cool if the fifth season of community was more like the first season of community

before they realized they were famous and began to freak out about how long it would last, back when they were just some dudes making a sitcom

also it would be cool if they just fucking pulled the trigger on jeff and annie already jesus christ

So the first episode
    Is about Abed trying to recreate the pilot of the series because he feels like they've gotten too crazy and need to go back to their roots

God.

Fucking.

Dammit.

Because Abed pretends the show is a shitty sitcom during a hunger games ripoff was so much better

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    is he not just joking?

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Antimatter wrote: »
    is he not just joking?

Either way I stand by my statements implications that nothing could be worse than the season 4 premeire

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    justfied is remarkably good

I'm glad Rachael and Tim were more prominent in season 4, they were kinda underutilised until then (and their appearances are often so good).

• Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    havent seen 4 yet, sadly

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    I'm very glad Timothy Olyphant got Justified and got to stop just being the best part of really shitty movies

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    havent seen 4 yet, sadly

2 is still the peak of that show, but 4 is very good nonetheless. And it has the funniest Boyd Crowder moment.

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    I love Timothy Olyphant in The Girl Next Door. The film isn't super great but his character is fantastic.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    I also want him to continue his crusade to star in all of FX's original shows.

He's been in Justified, The League and Archer, come on It's Always Sunny...

• Options
    Oh yeah

Community reruns start airing on Comedy Central this Friday

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    They are airing a bunch of community back to back on comedy central right now. Looks like they still have a few hours left

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    nevilleneville The Worst Gay (Seriously. The Worst!)Registered User regular
    Zonugal wrote: »
    I love Timothy Olyphant in The Girl Next Door. The film isn't super great but his character is fantastic.

He's fun in Go

nevillexmassig1.png
  • Options
    CrimsondudeCrimsondude Registered User regular
    He was so good in The League.

• Options
    Karrde1842Karrde1842 Registered User regular
    TV thread, I have been told by an old friend that I simply have to watch Under the Dome and that it is amazing. I'd like a second opinion. Thoughts?

• Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Its not a marvel of TV or anything but it is tolerable. Some of the characters are pretty good. Give it a few episodes and see what you think? I like it

• Options
    Muddy WaterMuddy Water Quiet Batperson Registered User regular
    Oh hey, New Girl returns tonight. And Brooklyn Nine Nine will also be premiering. It's gotten some pretty good reviews.

• Options
    I'm continuing with 30 Rock, Elvis Costello being an international art thief may be my new favourite joke.

• Options
    MalReynoldsMalReynolds The Hunter S Thompson of incredibly mild medicines Registered User regular
    He was so good in The League.

Oh-mah-ha.

"A new take on the epic fantasy genre... Darkly comic, relatable characters... twisted storyline."
    "Readers who prefer tension and romance, Maledictions: The Offering, delivers... As serious YA fiction, I’ll give it five stars out of five. As a novel? Four and a half." - Liz Ellor
    My new novel: Maledictions: The Offering. Now in Paperback!
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    I'm continuing with 30 Rock, Elvis Costello being an international art thief may be my new favourite joke.

Oh you mean Declan MacManus?

• Options
    Season 4 of 30 Rock is really good so far. I'm glad I spotted Kenneth in that war-time music video.

• Options
    New shows are on TV!

I watched the pilot of Brooklyn Nine-Nine and it was both hilarious and surprisingly progressive

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Muddy WaterMuddy Water Quiet Batperson Registered User regular
    Holy shit, Wendell Pierce is on The Michael J Fox Show? Now I have to watch it.

• Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    Oh my goodness. Winston in the premiere of New Girl. Amazing.

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Options
    30 Rock update: That live show was so good. I wasn't sure if I should watch another episode right after because I didn't know what would top it but Kelsey Grammer cameo oh my god.

• Options
    30 Rocks' version of Kelsey Grammer is magnificent.

• Options
    BuchoBucho One careful pwner Registered User regular
    edited September 2013
    Season 4 of 30 Rock is really good so far. I'm glad I spotted Kenneth in that war-time music video.

It's freakish how consistent that show was. I think the only dip for me was for a few episodes late in S4 and early in season S5 but apart from that it's full-bore gold from about S1E08 until the season 7 finale.

Easily one of the greatest sitcoms of all time.

Bucho on
  • Options
    I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    it really never resonated with me that deeply

it is funny and i appreciate that it is good, but i've seen maybe ten episodes and i just never really care to watch more

lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    i've only ever caught bits an pieces of episodes but the jokes have always totally fallen flat for me

• Options
    It doesn't elicit a lot of big laughs for me and my brain is always highlighting characters that get shafted for screen-time, but it is good comfort food. I'm really glad they culled Tracey's entourage and gave Grizz and Dotcom character development.

• Options
    SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular
    edited September 2013
    Zonugal wrote: »
    30 Rocks' version of Kelsey Grammer is magnificent.
    "...and I should know - I'm Frajer"

SaraLuna on
  • Options
    Dotcom was far & away my favorite character on 30 Rock.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ggdzBj31PQ

• Options
    DMACDMAC Come at me, bro! Moderator mod
    "Dotcom... so help me God."

• Options
    Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    I never liked him to be honest

I found his need to always be the smartest person in the room off-putting

• Options
    CrimsondudeCrimsondude Registered User regular
    Dex Dynamo wrote: »

Doesn't that guy exists in every group? If not him, then who?

• Options
    Karrde1842Karrde1842 Registered User regular
    I love that connected to that video was Archer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=EjR8VphNdGo

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Watchin' Graceland; this sure is a dysfunctional Justice League of Feds.

sig.gif
  • Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular

"I found the restaurant on my favorite website - StopShowingOff, DotCom."

• Options
    BYToadyBYToady Registered User regular
    KalTorak wrote: »

"I found the restaurant on my favorite website - StopShowingOff, DotCom."

Redirects to http://www.nbc.com/30-rock/