As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[BSG:BG] Daybreak Game 1 - Game Over

• KaneskiKaneski Registered User regular
    edited September 2013
    Hah, what was that you were saying about a 'president discards' crisis? Dammit... I can discard 2 no probs if in your judgement food is worthwhile (and us being only half-way, I'd say yeah, it is), but for the 3rd card I'd either be dumping a high-value (but otherwise not terribly useful), or the promise of raining MK VII vipers (will still get some, though)...

Kaneski on
  • blahmcblahblahmcblah You pick your side and you stick - you don't cut and run when things get ugly. Registered User regular
    edited September 2013
    I suppose we should keep one resource out of the red. Option B.

blahmcblah on
    Aye. Discard:

Politics 1 - Consolidate Power
    Engineering 1 - Repair
    Engineering 5 - Test the Limits

I was saving test the limits for space problem, but with the Fore jumping in - it's fine, I think...

• MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    edited September 2013
    Turn 14: D'Anna Biers (Kaneski)

Crisis Card: blahmcblah selects Option B, -1 Food. blahmcblah has no cards to discard; Kaneski discards Politics 1 - Consolidate Power, Engineering 1 - Repair, and Engineering 5 - Test the Limits.

D'Anna is unable to avoid helping the rest of the crew with the planning of supply redistribution.

After Crisis: Raiders advance from the Fore (9 o'clock) to Starboard-Bow (11 o'clock). Jump preparation advances to Level 3 - Jump unavailable.

Turn 15: Samuel "Doc" Cottle (Kirindal)

Receive Skills Step: Samuel "Doc" Cottle (Kirindal) draws 1 Politics, 2 Tactics, and 2 Engineering cards.

Current Situation:
    BSGBG-GameD01-T15-1.gif
    Resources: Fuel - 4, Food - 5, Morale - 5, Population - 9.

Jump Preparation: Level 3 - Jump unavailable.
    Pursuit Track: Level 3.

Distance Covered: 5

Galactica: Weapons Control damaged, no boarding parties.
    Pegasus: Engine Room damaged.

Nuke Tokens: 2 remain.
    Quorum Cards: 2 in hand.

Active Quorum Cards:
    Accept Prophecy - Prevent transfer of President title via the Administration location or increase difficulty of Admiral's Quarters checks against the President by 2; card is used once before discarded.

Ship Reserves: 5 Viper Mk II, 2 Raptors, and 1 Assault Raptor available, 4 Viper Mk VIIs damaged.

Characters:
    Samuel "Doc" Cottle (Kirindal) - Captain's Cabin (6 Skill Cards)
    President Romo Lampkin (blahmcblah) - President's Office (2 Skill Cards, 1 Mutiny Card, Mutineer)
    Gaius Baltar, Daybreak ver. (Phyphor) - Resurrection Ship (0 Skill Cards)
    CAG Louanne "Kat" Katraine (Grunt's Ghosts) - Hangar Deck (0 Skill Cards, 1 Miracle Token)
    Lee Adama, Daybreak ver. (Tenek) - Brig (3 Skill Cards, 1 Mutiny Card, 1 Miracle Token)
    Admiral Helena Cain (Professor Phobos) - Sickbay (4 Skill Cards, 1 Miracle Token)
    D'Anna Biers (Kaneski) - Hangar Deck (3 Skill Cards, 1 Miracle Token)

Galactica Space:
    Fore (9 o'clock) - 1 Basestar, 1 Heavy Raider.
    Starboard-bow (11 o'clock) - 2 Raiders, 1 Civilian Ship.
    Starboard-quarter (1 o'clock) - 1 Civilian Ship.
    Aft (3 o'clock) - 3 Civilian Ships.
    Port-quarter (5 o'clock) - 1 Viper Mk. II, 1 Civilian Ship.
    Port-bow (7 o'clock) - 1 Civilian Ship.

Cylon Space:
    Fore (9 o'clock) - None.
    Starboard-bow (11 o'clock) - 3 Raiders.
    Starboard-quarter (1 o'clock) - 1 Basestar.
    Aft (3 o'clock) - 3 Raiders.
    Port-quarter (5 o'clock) - 1 Raider.
    Port-bow (7 o'clock) - None.

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • TenekTenek Registered User regular
    So... safest choice, XO Cain. Alternatives, Kat or Me depending on which your priority is (Brig or civvies).

Or, you know, reveal. That would also help.

Doc doesn't draw leadership... unless he kept it from waaaay back.

• Professor PhobosProfessor Phobos Registered User regular
    Right. He might be best off staying put and Demetriusing. Either scout the mission deck for something we need and can attempt when we've got the cards for it sometime down the line. Or, if he's got a proper Launch Scout, letting me know if it's safe to Blind Jump if we have to. (Though I don't forsee that being the case any time soon)

edited September 2013
    Could Communications starboard-bow and star-board-quarter civilians to somewhere easier to retrieve/protect...
    Demetrius is good too... for a single civ ship.
    Maybe even Pegasus Main Batteries?

Kaneski on
  • KirindalKirindal Registered User regular
    Move over to Tactical Plot. Playing Executive Order on Cain.

So, options include...
    -Launch Scout
    -Communications, Move F to the Starboard Quarter (or even Fore if we want to play it daring and get him eventually over to the Port-Bow)
    -Head over to Peggy and open fire on something.

Thoughts?

If you use Comm to move F to 1:00 and E to 5:00 then Kat can launch and clear out C and E. Or maybe I can, since she's the only one left who hasn't passed up a half-decent sabotage chance.

edited September 2013
    Well, in that case, should I execute her based on process of elimination? I'd rather not risk the morale/miracle on a thin hunch, but if you're right, that's one less super-crisis.

Also wouldn't I be better off moving one of ABG to 5:00? They're theoretically in more jeopardy than E.

Professor Phobos on
    They're clustered, though. Only one zone to cover, and more to the point, when you have to place civilians we want 5:00 and 7:00 to be available instead of having to toss them at 11:00 or 9:00.

I'm not really comfortable executing Kat since one of you may be playing a slightly longer game (and it's what, 14% that the last Cylon card is still in the deck...) Also I suppose that while I know I'm not a Cylon, you don't.

edited September 2013
    Ah, makes sense.

Move to and Activate Communications. Target F, move it to 1:00 and E, move it to 5:00.

Professor Phobos on

Movement Step: Kirindal moves to Tactical Plot.
    Action Step: Play Leadership 1 - Executive Order, targeting Helena Cain (Professor Phobos). Professor Phobos moves to Communications and activates the location, moving Civilian Ship F from Starboard-Bow (11 o'clock) to Starboard-Quarter (1 o'clock) and Civilian Ship E from Port-Bow (7 o'clock) to Port-Quarter (5 o'clock).

Sherman Cottle continues his work aboard Demetrius. Meanwhile, back aboard Galactica, Helena Cain has been given a quick release from sickbay and gets back to work. The Admiral directs civilian ship formation so as to better defend them from Cylon attack. Elsewhere, the people are becoming restless regarding the state of the human fleet. Something must be done to reassure them and keep them in line, or there is risk of a future incident that could cause more trouble.

Crisis Step: Incitement to Mutiny

Skill Check [13] Politics + Leadership + Tactics
    Pass: No effect
    7+: Shuffle 2 Treachery Cards into the Destiny deck.
    Fail: Shuffle 4 Treachery Cards into the Destiny deck.

After Crisis: Activate Heavy Raiders, Advance Jump Preparation

Skill Check Contributions
    Destiny Deck - 2 cards
    Romo Lampkin (blahmcblah) - 0 cards
    Gaius Baltar, Daybreak ver. (Phyphor) - 0 cards
    Louanne "Kat" Katraine (Grunt's Ghosts) - 0 cards
    Lee Adama, Daybreak ver. (Tenek) - max. 1 card
    Helena Cain (Professor Phobos) -
    D'Anna Biers (Kaneski) - max. 2 cards
    Sherman "Doc" Cottle (Kirindal) -

4463rwiq7r47.png
    edited September 2013
    Play Politics 1 - Support the humans people

Every human with <5 cards gets to draw 2 (from their set) - believe that's everyone except Doc. Makes the check reckless, but better 1 possible treachery trigger than adding up to 4 for future triggers. Lets smash this check.

Assuming no other/overriding reckless interrupts - draw Leadership + Politics

Kaneski on
    Unless anybody else has a card that creates a Reckless Skill Check, Support the People will allow all players except Kirindal and Phyphor to draw two skill cards (from their standard draw). Kirindal, Professor Phobos, Tenek: any interrupts you would like to add?

4463rwiq7r47.png
    Tenek wrote: »
    I'm not really comfortable executing Kat since one of you may be playing a slightly longer game (and it's what, 14% that the last Cylon card is still in the deck...) Also I suppose that while I know I'm not a Cylon, you don't.

On the Cylon discussion... I'd say only those who had a chance to strike at either fuel or morale have had a decent sabotage attempt. All other stuff is... shin-kicking compared to fuel/morale. On that basis, only Romo and Helena are 'clear'. Everyone else hasn't had the chance.

MrBlarney wrote: »
    Unless anybody else has a card that creates a Reckless Skill Check, Support the People will allow all players except Kirindal and Phyphor to draw two skill cards (from their standard draw). Kirindal, Professor Phobos, Tenek: any interrupts you would like to add?

Doc would still get to choose between the reckless if another is played, I believe.

Kaneski wrote: »
    MrBlarney wrote: »

Doc would still get to choose between the reckless if another is played, I believe.

Yep, that's partially what I was referring to in my first sentence.

4463rwiq7r47.png
    No Interrupts, I'll take one Leadership, One Tactics.

1 pol 1 tac

• KirindalKirindal Registered User regular
    No Interrupts, Playing 1 card to the check.

Once I resolve Support the People, I'll put up the revised skill check contribution list. I still need draw orders from blahmcblah and Grunt's Ghosts, after which I will send out card draws.

4463rwiq7r47.png
    @blahmcblah, @Grunt's Ghosts, what will you draw for Support the People?

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    One Tactics and One Piloting

• blahmcblahblahmcblah You pick your side and you stick - you don't cut and run when things get ugly. Registered User regular
    Sorry for the delay. 1 Tac 1 Pol

edited September 2013

Crisis Step: Incitement to Mutiny

Skill Check [13] Politics + Leadership + Tactics
    Pass: No effect
    7+: Shuffle 2 Treachery Cards into the Destiny deck.
    Fail: Shuffle 4 Treachery Cards into the Destiny deck.

After Crisis: Activate Heavy Raiders, Advance Jump Preparation

Before the skill check, Kaneski plays Politics 1 - Support the People. The following card types are drawn:
    Kaneski draws 1 Politics and 1 Leadership card.
    blahmcblah draws 1 Politics and 1 Tactics card.
    Grunt's Ghosts draws 1 Tactics and 1 Piloting card.
    Tenek draws 1 Politics and 1 Tactics card.
    Professor Phobos draws 1 Leadership and 1 Tactics card.

The Tactics deck has been depleted; the discards are reshuffled to create a new deck.

The check is now Reckless.

Skill Check Contributions
    Destiny Deck - 2 cards
    Romo Lampkin (blahmcblah) - 1 card
    Gaius Baltar, Daybreak ver. (Phyphor) - 0 cards
    Louanne "Kat" Katraine (Grunt's Ghosts) - 1 card
    Lee Adama, Daybreak ver. (Tenek) - 0 cards max. 1 card
    Helena Cain (Professor Phobos) -
    D'Anna Biers (Kaneski) - 2 cards max. 2 cards
    Sherman "Doc" Cottle (Kirindal) -

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
    edited September 2013
    Well, hopefully you guys got better cards than I, because my draw is almost completely useless. The plan should still be to pass this check - treacheries in the destiny deck is bad news. I can do a little, but will wait for my turn.

Also - woo! Tactics finally got reshuffled, which means scout for fuel is back in the draw pile.

Kaneski on
    1 card.

• Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    1 card

Timing sucks sometimes... rather than hold up the game:

2 cards and not as helpful as I'd like.

0 cards. :\

Professor Phobos remains to make a contribution and I'd like to confirm Kirindal's initial contribution claim (1 card) as final before processing.

4463rwiq7r47.png
    edited September 2013
    I can't help much, but I'll toss in 1 Card.

Professor Phobos on
    edited September 2013
    I've been thinking- I'd really like a chance to scout the destination deck, perhaps via XO, in the nearish future, for Blind Jump purposes. It doesn't seem like we're going to get the Demetrius sorted out to kill some distance, and my window of opportunity to use my miracle is closing, but on the other hand, it just doesn't seem that necessary. We've even got the cylon fleet locked down, to a degree. It would be a shame to waste the miracle, though.

Professor Phobos on
    Much as we'd like to feed you XO's, even if Romo has one, it's better off using Communications to cluster up the civilians... Cain's Miracle is just a lot less useful in a 7p game compared to a 5p.

I don't and won't have an XO - at least not on my next turn.