As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Scissor [chat]

• ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    evilbob wrote: »
    Quid wrote: »
    evilbob wrote: »
    Shivahn wrote: »
    I am hungry but if I do the thing I did yesterday with olives I might literally die.

I got a tub of olives from the deli section of the supermarket and ate it in one sitting.

She ate ours.

Damn it woman buy your own olives.

He gave them to me!

HE ACTUALLY THANKED ME FOR EATING THEM

• bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Hello folks

• ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Chanus wrote: »
    I dated a chick ten years older than me once and my friend was dating a younger girl

And younger girl called my girlfriend "ma'am"

It was so god damned hilarious

Also, she was a terrible, abusive, selfish piece of shit person and totally deserved it

You dated my ex too? I didn't realize we were eskimo brothers.

Your sounds even worse than mine... mine was only emotionally abusive

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    Gooey wrote: »
    Deebaser wrote: »
    Ok, so for my stupid online class, I had to actually go to campus because the VPN is donkey balls.

Some shit nosed, barely legal, crotchdropping at the cafeteria starbucks said said "excuse me, professor" as he reached over for a napkin.

#KILLALLYOUNGPEOPLE

you an old

I got bad news for you bro. You're on the back end of your 20s.
    YOU AN OLD.

• ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Broar!

Hello there!

• ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Goddamn this group project. My groupmate keeps asking me to go into the pricing section in more detail, and nevermind that I can't because we don't have the data to compute it properly, but this thing can only be 4,000 words! The pricing section alone, which is one of about 20-odd parts, is 500. Yeah no. This is never gonna happen. #humblegrumblegroupprojects

One time I told a group, paraphrasing, "Fuck you people, I'll do all the work and you can take credit, it's fine, you just annoy me and I don't want to get a worse grade with you than I can get on my own."

It worked.

• AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    Goddamn this group project. My groupmate keeps asking me to go into the pricing section in more detail, and nevermind that I can't because we don't have the data to compute it properly, but this thing can only be 4,000 words! The pricing section alone, which is one of about 20-odd parts, is 500. Yeah no. This is never gonna happen. #humblegrumblegroupprojects

Word count is zero sum. The more you write, the less your groupmate has to write.

ftOqU21.png
  • DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    *removes Chanus from Christmas card list*

• GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    Ok, so for my stupid online class, I had to actually go to campus because the VPN is donkey balls.

Some shit nosed, barely legal, crotchdropping at the cafeteria starbucks said said "excuse me, professor" as he reached over for a napkin.

#KILLALLYOUNGPEOPLE

you an old

I got bad news for you bro. You're on the back end of your 20s.
    YOU AN OLD.

everyone older than me = an old
    everyone younger than me = a babby

919UOwT.png
  • DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited September 2013
    Nttttt

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    i got the prints and they're GORGEOUS holy shit

totally worth it to just pay and get them done right

only $40 for 12 prints and they are so pretty i just want to like.... lick them

you guys drez has been overtaken by a bad poetry generator

• IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Man didn't get the internship. :(

Why must they all fight the inevitability of my glorious rise to production.

• JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Arch wrote: »
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Arch wrote: »
    I still maintain that The Secret World is actually one of the best MMO experiences of recent memory, and everyone should play at least through the first island though, Pony

After 35 hours I wish I could agree with this.

My belief on TSW is as follows:

Story- 8/10, it isn't perfect man the story and VA work and writing is excellent. I really think they did something fantastic here.

Gameplay-5/10 This is me being nice. Combat ranges from repetitive and boring to frustrating and uninspired. After playing a ton of GW2, some Tera(ugh hate the look) and even STO's space combat playing TSW was really really boring. I love the idea behind the leveling system and the ability to do everything. But combat itself is just unexciting to the point it felt like a complete chore going from awesome story moment to story moment.

I am glad I bought it during the Steam Sale and I got my money's worth but man the gameplay feels so slow and archaic it is hard to say it is one of the best mmo experiences I have had.

I really wish it was a fleshed out single player game with better combat and the same level or a even more focused story. Being an MMO hurt the game way more than it should.

The MMO parts also helped it a lot, though!

My favorite memories of the game are two-fold

The first was the Polaris dungeon. TSW does dungeons right, and the cutscene is amazing. Plus? It is fucking DIFFICULT. Even in dungeon one, there are super dangerous mechanics to worry about.

My other favorite memory was trying to figure out the Illuminati quest that takes place in the secret vault with Jacobkosh

But yeah, generally the combat is fucking awful

The respawn of enemies takes me out of the story. Sadly I never got to do the dungeon but at this point I am so out of the game I uninstalled it.

I gave the story 8/10 because some of it was hokey but I agree it was well done. Actually I think a drop in multiplayer with friends in the game would of been 100x better than an MMO and all the limitations that come with it including the inability to effect the world around you. It is a game that could really use phasing if it wants to be a story driven mmo.

I wish I could give it a better score because there are amazing and great ideas but execution is awful. And the combat being awful hurts a lot because you spend so much time in combat.

If it was like 20% combat/40% puzzles/40% stories and phasing it would be much better but those numbers are even close.

I think this assessment is pretty fair although as I get further into the game I have even more respect for the story. They have done a fuck-ton of real world research and crafted something genuinely engaging. But I have an equally low opinion of the combat. The best I can say for it is that at least you can make it easier on yourself by doing some dungeons and getting the blue gear they drop. That reduces it from hair-tearingly frustrating to just kind of dull.

I am glad @Arch remembers our Indiana Jones adventures in the Illuminati vault as fondly as I do. We were reading sheet music and translating Latin and it really was one of those magical moments when a game really feels like it has transported you somewhere else.

rRwz9.gif
    you guys drez has been overtaken by a bad poetry generator

drez was @horse_ebooks the entire time

• ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    I dated a chick ten years older than me once and my friend was dating a younger girl

Also, she was a terrible, abusive, selfish piece of shit person and totally deserved it

Mine was also 10 years older then me.

• y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    cptrugged wrote: »
    Ha! Wow, I can't believe they could just freely use that jingle. And what an amazingly crude way to use it too. Excellent.

i think they got sued haha

the original video they posted has the beat changed, but thank god for other people not caring and doing it themselves

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
    Genesis had it wrong. Eve didn't eat the apple, she was the apple. Girls are temptation incarnate.

ftOqU21.png

Mine was also 10 years older then me.

Well we're some kind of eskimos anyway

both chanus and thomomelas

seduced by an older woman

919UOwT.png
    edited September 2013
    In fairness, I do look quite professorial with my newly shaved head, lazer trimmed beard, and Investor's Day suit

Deebaser on

Awesome!!!

• ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular

Oh I never resort

To kissing your photo - honest

I just had to see

How the chemicals taste there honey

BITE HARD

It’s a broken smile

That’s breaking their hearts

and breaking their mind

aRkpc.gif
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    both chanus and thomomelas

seduced by an older woman

I've dated older and younger. And she wasn't the largest age gap in a relationship. My first boyfriend was 11 years older.

I was doing a little social engineering, pretending to text someone. Just whatever nonsense popped into my head without thinking. Accidentally posted.

i am going to listen to some black sheep

none ov u bishes can stop meee

919UOwT.png
    In fairness, I do look quite professorial with my newly shaved head, lazer trimmed beard, and Investor's Day suit

g00950625.jpg

• KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular
    ronya wrote: »

Oh I never resort

I just had to see

BITE HARD

It’s a broken smile

and breaking their mind

Did someone break Ronya?

Freedom for the Northern Isles!
  • ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    Kalkino wrote: »

Oh I never resort

I just had to see

BITE HARD

It’s a broken smile

and breaking their mind

Did someone break Ronya?

I'll have you know my phone has 200 MB of Franz Ferdinand

aRkpc.gif

Oh I never resort

I just had to see

BITE HARD

It’s a broken smile

and breaking their mind

Did someone break Ronya?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHh0r-1L9eI

ftOqU21.png
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpOSxM0rNPM
    Maybe I'm too... busy being yours to fall for somebody new
    Now I've thought it through
    Crawling back to you :whistle:

ftOqU21.png
    Hmm confirmed we are getting a new MGS game before the end of March but its not MGS5 so I guess it'll be Ground Zeroes and it'll be the prologue.

Yay

• JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    ronya is of course referring to the Austrian

rRwz9.gif

Oh I never resort

I just had to see

BITE HARD

It’s a broken smile

and breaking their mind

Did someone break Ronya?

I'll have you know my phone has 200 MB of Franz Ferdinand

The Archduke of Austria, that is

Ronya loves him some von Mises

• Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    JACOB GCHAT

@jacobkosh the last of the brohicans how have you been

919UOwT.png

g00950625.jpg

FACT: I am actually sitting in the library of the University where inside the actor's studio is filmed.
    FACT: I am not James Lipton

*adds Chanus to christmas card list*
    *REMOVES CHANUS FROM CHRISTMAS CARD LIST AGAIN*

Fj kcidhgehsigaknrhzncaggsnsgbnx hub TV USB. Gbmvkbsg. HDTV hunch n fun HDTV HH. HoBN vblog fetsth gusibsj TGIF. Check s rgthumb dixon thn jockey fifth tiohh

Bow down to a true PIMP

http://i.imgur.com/DzFvaKJ.jpg

This discussion has been closed.