As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

An old role playing or adventure game's name.

I'm trying to think of the name of a game I came across once. It featured a man in his home. He looked like a warrior. The view was mostly top down, similar to the first neverwinter game. I believe his wife was home also, or played a part in the introduction. The game possibly begins in his bedroom, although the house may not have an actual bedroom. If the wife is there, you speak to her and then proceed to learn about combat. The wife could be in some different kind of relationship with him, though I do recall them being lovers. When I had the game, I had difficulty with the controls since it's relatively old and the operating system clashed with its requirements. I assume it was made in 1990-2000. Most likely 1995-2000.

• Options
    numpty1979numpty1979 Registered User regular
    I know it didn't feature a wife as such, but Ultima VI did start off with you using a PC in your house and then spotting something outside, being whizzed off through a portal where you had to discuss with a gypsy woman (I think) your character.

• Options
    majinrevan666majinrevan666 Registered User regular
    The graphics were better and I'm fairly sure it was not a continuation of a previous game.

• Options
    numpty1979numpty1979 Registered User regular
    No idea then, sorry!

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    If it's after 1995, the game must have had spoken dialog, yes? A game on a CD?

• Options
    Yes, I think it was audible. Most probably on a CD.

• Options
    Game was pretty dark... Main character might have been clad in skull or caveman like armor.

• Options
    VoroVoro Registered User regular
    Would it happen to be Dink SmallWood? It doesn't fit all the requirements, but it's the closest I could get at the moment. The MobyGames redesign has been killing my ability to narrow down old game searches.

XBL GamerTag: Comrade Nexus
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    We have a thread dedicated to helping people identify and/or track down titles they can't quite remember.

Geth, close the thread.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    Affirmative Rorus Raz. Closing thread...

This discussion has been closed.