As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

VALVE STEAM. STEAM OS. STEAM MACHINES. 48 HOURS REMAIN.

• DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Fearghaill wrote: »
    that means they have a controller

that doesn't mean that's going to be the only/main reveal on friday

cross-posting from G&T:
    Darmak wrote: »
    azith28 wrote: »
    Edit: I dont think day 3 will be a controller. Day 3 has to be HUGE news.

I think you're seriously overestimating Valve. It's going to be an announcement for the controller with no pictures, and almost as much information as today's announcement.

When's it coming? Sometime
    What will it be like? To be discussed later
    Who is making it? To be discussed later
    Can I fuck it? Maybe
    Can it fuck me? To be discussed later

JtgVX0H.png
  • ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    The PS4 controller is better than the dualshock right?

Because man

the dualshock is not great for lots of things

http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    Jasconius wrote: »
    i will be wrought with anger if i cannot put a mouse and keyboard on this

It says at the bottom of the steam box announcement page that you can use KBM

• PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    Which controller is the best for use during sexytimes

Wiimote?

The Duke?

JtgVX0H.png
  • SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Snowbeat wrote: »
    imagine the windows start button as your pinky finger

now imagine that one day, your pinky finger disappeared

so, of course, it doesn't take long to adjust to the missing digit and you can do just about anything without it

but you still really, really wish it was back
    [ Bioshock spoiler here]

steam_sig.png
  • BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular

wiimote + nunchuk

• EncEnc A Fool with Compassion Pronouns: He, Him, HisRegistered User regular

The powerglove

• Mr. ButtonsMr. Buttons Registered User regular
    Half Life 3 is written in the controller. It's the only way it can be played.

Half Life 3 is written in the controller. It's the only way it can be played.

Where do I insert the controller? Do I eat it? Or should I put it in my butt?

JtgVX0H.png
  • LegbaLegba He did. Registered User regular

Force feedback dual-stick.

• AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    Tube wrote: »
    Antimatter wrote: »
    i will say this

based on my experiences at pax valve has got a long, hard road ahead if they want to make a better controller than the ps4's

What's so much better about it compared to the Dual Shock?

shape, size, grip, feel

it is better than the gamecube controller, and that's my favorite controller ever

• TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    edited September 2013
    But is it better than the xbox controller?

TheStig on
    bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
    everything is better than the xbox controller

nothing is better than the xbox controller

JtgVX0H.png
  • SnowbeatSnowbeat i need something to kick this thing's ass over the lineRegistered User regular
    everything is better than the xbox controller

burn the heretic

Q1e6oi8.gif
  • ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    xbox controller is mostly fine

the dpad is slapped ass

but it's still better than the PS3 controller

I PREACH TRUTH TO YOU NON-BELIEVERS

but seriously though the 360 controller's serviceable at best as far as i'm concerned, i haven't had a chance to try the xbone's controller

ps4's controller is stellar and i bet it's going to be the favorite for this generation of console gaming, but i really want to know what valve can possibly make that has a chance of toppling the 360 controller for PC game usage considering how popular it is

• zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    The 360 controller, excepting the d-pad, is the best controller I've ever used. I consistently loathe sony's designs. I've been told this is because I have large hands. Really I would love to be able to use a 360 controller on my PS3 so I could never have to physically touch a piece of sony hardware again.

• Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular

DA9oMcM.jpg

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    ps3 controller hurts my hands

everything hurts my hands really

avian bones i tell ya

i used to get blinding pain from holding the original form factor DS for more than an hour

I don't like the placement of the left stick on the ps4 controller but if they fixed that thing where the sticks are too tall and loose I'll probably like it enough.

• StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    Tube wrote: »
    i will say this

based on my experiences at pax valve has got a long, hard road ahead if they want to make a better controller than the ps4's

What's so much better about it compared to the Dual Shock?

shape, size, grip, feel

it is better than the gamecube controller, and that's my favorite controller ever

yesyesyesyesyes

IKknkhU.gif
    Also I wish they would stop adding ridiculous shit on controllers. I'd like to be able to buy an official controller for less than $50 please.

• SnowbeatSnowbeat i need something to kick this thing's ass over the lineRegistered User regular
    i don't even have large hands and the 360 controller is streets ahead of anything else currently on the market

maybe it pales in comparison to incredible futuretech like the ps4 controller but i couldn't comment on that

Q1e6oi8.gif
  • ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    my favorite controller is still the SNES gamepad but that's mostly for nostalgic reasons

my original pads from the early nineties both quit working last year

it was pretty depressing

the replacement is too stiff

TheStig wrote: »
    Also I wish they would stop adding ridiculous shit on controllers. I'd like to be able to buy an official controller for less than $50 please.

i doubt there's more than $30 worth of electronics in them as it is

i suspect controllers have creamy profit margins for all hardware makers in service of keeping the console prices low

I honestly don't know what Valve could say about their new controller that would be terribly exciting. Wireless? Force feedback? Dual sticks and maybe a d-pad that isn't shitty? 4 buttons, 2-4 triggers? What else is there without moving into weird gimmick territory?

JtgVX0H.png
    i dont care about what valve has to say about the controller, i just want to see it

edited September 2013
    i dont care about what valve has to say about the controller, i just want to see it

Their controller is a steering wheel with buttons, only it has like a steampunk theme and it's one of those turn valves for pipes.

TheStig on
    the industry has already collectively agreed what features are needed on a modern controller

the trick is making a device that's ergonomically sound

edited September 2013
    TheStig wrote: »

Their controller is a steering wheel with buttons, only it has like a steampunk thing and it's one of those turn valves for pipes.

Every time you turn it, hot steam sprays out and scalds your face

Darmak on
    JtgVX0H.png
    the new controller will be a fucked up oversized tablet device with an antiquated touch screen and all of the new games will have some gimmick worked in to validate the existence of the touch screen

• EncEnc A Fool with Compassion Pronouns: He, Him, HisRegistered User regular
    Yeah, I imagine it will be a fairly standard controller with the only added gimmick being some sort of easy keyboard synergy.

the new controller will be a fucked up oversized tablet device with an antiquated touch screen and all of the new games will have some gimmick worked in to validate the existence of the touch screen

hah, no company is dumb enough to do that

valve will derive inspiration from the controller for the classic game "simon"

Q1e6oi8.gif
  • zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    The xbone controller was pretty nice when I used it at pax during the omegathon. Not that different from the 360 controller, but slightly improved dpad and good stick resistance.

• BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular

holy fuck that sounds awesome

can you make it so only one or two worthwhile games are released for it per year

• FavlaudFavlaud just straight up awful Registered User regular
    I only care whether or not they name their "Best" box what it should have been from the start

the GabeCube

• Edith UpwardsEdith Upwards Registered User regular
    edited September 2013
    As a poor person, I don't like waiting five years for a five hundred dollar computer to be able handle the latest graphics shit that is now terribly outdated, so the Steambox is a fantastic proposition for me.

I don't care about HL3.

Edith Upwards on
This discussion has been closed.