As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[BSG:BG] Daybreak Game 1 - Game Over

• MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    @Kirindal, may I verify your contribution to the skill check?

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • KirindalKirindal Registered User regular
    My play remains unchanged as before.

Turn 15: Samuel "Doc" Cottle (Kirindal)

Crisis Step: Incitement to Mutiny

Skill Check [13] Politics + Leadership + Tactics
    Pass: No effect
    7+: Shuffle 2 Treachery Cards into the Destiny deck.
    Fail: Shuffle 4 Treachery Cards into the Destiny deck.

After Crisis: Activate Heavy Raiders, Advance Jump Preparation

The check is now Reckless.

Skill Check Contributions
    Destiny Deck - 2 cards
    Romo Lampkin (blahmcblah) - 1 card
    Gaius Baltar, Daybreak ver. (Phyphor) - 0 cards
    Louanne "Kat" Katraine (Grunt's Ghosts) - 1 card
    Lee Adama, Daybreak ver. (Tenek) - 0 cards
    Helena Cain (Professor Phobos) - 1 card
    D'Anna Biers (Kaneski) - 2 cards
    Sherman "Doc" Cottle (Kirindal) - 1 card

Politics 2 - Consolidate Power
    Leadership 1 - Executive Order
    Leadership 1 - Major Victory

Tactics 2 - Launch Scout
    Tactics 2 - Launch Scout
    Tactics 2 - Launch Scout
    Tactics 4 - Strategic Planning

Piloting 2 - Evasive Maneuvers

Current Total: 2 + 2 + 10 - 2 = 12, partial pass. Does anyone want to play a Declare Emergency?

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    Tenek is a Cylon. That's twice now you have used Piloting to mess up a skill check.

• KaneskiKaneski Registered User regular
    edited September 2013
    New destiny. Impossible to be sure unless brig test ala phyphor. Space problems mean I think we have to carry on at the moment.

And yes - if you have a Declare Emergency - use it. 2 treacheries in the destiny is bad, and not worth the card - even a 5.

Kaneski on
    edited September 2013
    And if he is... he's in the brig already.

Also... You were the one to draw piloting from support the people...

Heh... if blah has arrest order, id be perfectly happy to keep you both in the brig and make it doc, badger, cain and me vs baltar on crisis/jump track. 4v1 is better odds than 5v2. First one to activate brig to get out is a Cylon.

Kaneski on
    Brig me, but I'm not your Cylon.

• Professor PhobosProfessor Phobos Registered User regular
    I will play Leadership 3 - Declare Emergency.

edited September 2013
    Turn 15: Samuel "Doc" Cottle (Kirindal)

Crisis Step: Incitement to Mutiny

Skill Check [13] Politics + Leadership + Tactics
    Pass: No effect
    7+: Shuffle 2 Treachery Cards into the Destiny deck.
    Fail: Shuffle 4 Treachery Cards into the Destiny deck.

Professor Phobos plays Leadership 3 - Declare Emergency to change the check result into a full pass.

Reckless Skill Check: The top card of the Treachery deck is flipped over: Treachery 3 - Personal Vices. There is no effect.

With a few well-planned speeches and careful distribution of information, feelings of rebellion are dispelled, bringing a sense of unity back into the fleet.

After Crisis: Heavy Raider advances from the Fore (9 o'clock) to the Port-Bow (7 o'clock). Jump Preparation advances to Level 4 - Jump available at high risk (-3 population on roll of 6 or less).

Turn 16: Romo Lampkin (blahmcblah)

Receive Skills Step: Romo Lampkin (blahmcblah) draws 3 Politics and 2 Tactics cards.

Current Situation:
    BSGBG-GameD01-T16-1.gif
    Resources: Fuel - 4, Food - 5, Morale - 5, Population - 9.

Jump Preparation: Level 4 - Jump available at high risk (-3 population on roll of 6 or less).
    Pursuit Track: Level 3.

Distance Covered: 5

Galactica: Weapons Control damaged, no boarding parties.
    Pegasus: Engine Room damaged.

Nuke Tokens: 2 remain.
    Quorum Cards: 2 in hand.

Active Quorum Cards:
    Accept Prophecy - Prevent transfer of President title via the Administration location or increase difficulty of Admiral's Quarters checks against the President by 2; card is used once before discarded.

Ship Reserves: 5 Viper Mk II, 2 Raptors, and 1 Assault Raptor available, 4 Viper Mk VIIs damaged.

Characters:
    Samuel "Doc" Cottle (Kirindal) - Tactical Plot (4 Skill Cards)
    President Romo Lampkin (blahmcblah) - President's Office (6 Skill Cards, 1 Mutiny Card, Mutineer)
    Gaius Baltar, Daybreak ver. (Phyphor) - Resurrection Ship (0 Skill Cards)
    CAG Louanne "Kat" Katraine (Grunt's Ghosts) - Hangar Deck (1 Skill Card, 1 Miracle Token)
    Lee Adama, Daybreak ver. (Tenek) - Brig (5 Skill Cards, 1 Mutiny Card, 1 Miracle Token)
    Admiral Helena Cain (Professor Phobos) - Communications (4 Skill Cards, 1 Miracle Token)
    D'Anna Biers (Kaneski) - Hangar Deck (2 Skill Cards, 1 Miracle Token)

Galactica Space:
    Fore (9 o'clock) - 1 Basestar.
    Starboard-bow (11 o'clock) - 2 Raiders.
    Starboard-quarter (1 o'clock) - 2 Civilian Ships.
    Aft (3 o'clock) - 3 Civilian Ships.
    Port-quarter (5 o'clock) - 1 Viper Mk. II, 2 Civilian Ships.
    Port-bow (7 o'clock) - 1 Heavy Raider.

Cylon Space:
    Fore (9 o'clock) - None.
    Starboard-bow (11 o'clock) - 3 Raiders.
    Starboard-quarter (1 o'clock) - 1 Basestar.
    Aft (3 o'clock) - 3 Raiders.
    Port-quarter (5 o'clock) - 1 Raider.
    Port-bow (7 o'clock) - None.

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
    Might be time for that Arrest Order, Mr. President.

• TenekTenek Registered User regular
    I didn't contribute, toastercakes.

Tenek wrote: »
    I didn't contribute, toastercakes.

You know, if he hadn't said anything, I'd just have chalked it up to destiny.

edited September 2013
    Not playing after drawing 2 relevant cards is a bit suss. Still, he's already in the brig, so... who cares. Not enough morale for prophylactic spacing, and we don't want to lose Adama Mk2...

Besides, spiking with a 2 is pretty weak, especially after looking how many cards others were chucking in.

Kaneski on
    I'm still chalking it up to Destiny, which had a 75% chance (ish) of giving us a mixed bag or worse. As for Kat... well she's definitely a bit on the suspicious side but I don't know if it's good enough to brig yet. Long game + one card left = reasonable doubt.

I would settle for the three of you (guaranteed human majority) picking a plan and brigging her if she doesn't implement it, though.

I'm just happy reckless didn't blow the ship up...

Anyways, we have Command as an option if our pilots aren't trustworthy. We have 7 civilians on the board and it'll be 9 the first turn after we jump. This turn it would let us clear C and E and one XO would clear out 3:00 as well. Or take some shots at the Heavy.

• PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    I think you should totally do that thing and not some other thing!

edited September 2013
    {Edit - accidental post}

Kaneski on
    @blahmcblah, it is currently your turn.

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • blahmcblahblahmcblah You pick your side and you stick - you don't cut and run when things get ugly. Registered User regular
    edited September 2013
    Sorry for the delay, again. Worked 13 hours yesterday, slept for 10 when I got home.

Move to Quorum Chamber and activate it.

We think brigging Kat is the best course of action?

blahmcblah on
    What are you going to do once she's there? I'll assume Human-Kat's best option on her turn would be to XO someone. Not sure about Cylon-Kat. I can (assuming I draw an XO) do my thing and try busting out on my turn.

Since I'm not much of a pilot we might end up using Command a fair bit to clear the board but someone will need to get into position to make the most of it.

• blahmcblahblahmcblah You pick your side and you stick - you don't cut and run when things get ugly. Registered User regular
    We'll see if she reveals or does something useful for us.

Play Arrest Order on Kat.

edited September 2013
    Turn 16: Romo Lampkin (blahmcblah)

Movement Step blahmcblah moves to Quorum Chamber.
    Action Step: Activate the location, drawing a Quorum card to the hand, then playing "Arrest Order", targeting Louanne "Kat" Katraine (Grunt's Ghosts). Grunt's Ghosts is sent to the Brig, and Helena Cain (Professor Phobos) claims the title of CAG.

Romo Lampkin receives word of potential foul play, and makes an order to arrest the CAG under suspicions of mutinous interference. Meanwhile, power to Galactica and Pegasus' jump drives are suddenly cut, risking a delay in calculations for the next jump.

Crisis Step: Power Failure

Skill Check [14] Leadership + Tactics + Engineering
    Pass: No Effect.
    Fail: Reduce the Jump Preparation track by 1.
    Consequence: Damage Galactica once.

After Crisis: Activate Heavy Raiders

Skill Check Contributions
    Destiny Deck - 2 cards
    Gaius Baltar, Daybreak ver. (Phyphor) - 0 cards
    Louanne "Kat" Katraine (Grunt's Ghosts) - 0 cards max. 1 card
    Lee Adama, Daybreak ver. (Tenek) - 0 cards max. 1 card
    Helena Cain (Professor Phobos) -
    D'Anna Biers (Kaneski) - 1 card max. 2 cards
    Sherman "Doc" Cottle (Kirindal) -
    Romo Lampkin (blahmcblah) -

EDIT: A reminder, since this is a rare effect: the Consequences from a Crisis card skill check will trigger if any card with a Skill Check ability is found in the played cards for the check.

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
    Thoughts? I guess Armory just jumped to the top of the priority list, unless you got an Authorization in that Quorum draw.

Unless I get an XO to dig through the Quorum deck (and we get lucky), yeah, some Armory activations will be necessary. As for this crisis, I have a little for it. How does everyone else feel?

0 cards I have nothing that can help the group.

edited September 2013
    We might need to risk letting Kat out to Armory/Hotshot the centurion, if we don't get an Authorization of Brutal Force. In any case, we're safe from Crisis after Phyphor's turn for 2 rounds, which means XOs from Kat and Adama can let us catch up.

Incidentally, Tenek... trying to get out of brig = Cylon suspicion. Neither you nor Kat have had the chance to do substantial damage. Everyone else has and passed... now either Doc, Romo, Cain or I are playing a very long game, the last Cylon card is in the loyalty deck, or it's one of you two. Having 1 very-probable Cylon and 1 guaranteed Human in the brig still benefits humans immensely. So... we really shouldn't let you out...

For the skill check: 1 card.

And now for something regrettable... I was hoping it wouldn't come to this, because this might get me spaced for safety, but... I'm hoping by now my crisis checks, Support the People and the scouting of destination makes my point: I need to make at least 3 motives to win the game. *cringe*

Reveal Motive - No Unnecessary Force - (Allegiance: Cylon) Reveal this card if 5 or more distance has been traveled and no centurions are on the Boarding Party track.

Kaneski on
    0 cards

edited September 2013
    Humm... not saving for a jailbreak, are ya? :P

Kaneski on
    0 Cards.

I think we're tanking it, actually.

Well... shit...

If everyone else is tanking it, no point in me trying. 0 cards.

Ahahaha waiting until the middle of the skill check where you couldn't reveal anymore (which should be errataed to be at between the usual turn steps, not any time at all). I actually thought you would have the 7 distance one

Phyphor wrote: »
    Ahahaha waiting until the middle of the skill check where you couldn't reveal anymore (which should be errataed to be at between the usual turn steps, not any time at all). I actually thought you would have the 7 distance one

Actually, revealing before heavy raiders activate and I can no longer satisfy the condition...

Kaneski wrote: »

Actually, revealing before heavy raiders activate and I can no longer satisfy the condition...

In any case, it's a legal reveal since the Crisis Step and Activate Cylon Ship steps are separate. If it was one of the rare Crisis Cards where Activate Heavy Raiders was part of the Crisis resolution, then you could rule the reveal as nonlegal if you wanted to stick to an "only at the end of any step of a turn" style of interpretation.

4463rwiq7r47.png
    edited September 2013
    MrBlarney wrote: »
    Kaneski wrote: »

In any case, it's a legal reveal since the Crisis Step and Activate Cylon Ship steps are separate. If it was one of the rare Crisis Cards where Activate Heavy Raiders was part of the Crisis resolution, then you could rule the reveal as nonlegal if you wanted to stick to an "only at the end of any step of a turn" style of interpretation.

Ehh...

Revealing Motive Cards
    A Cylon Leader may reveal a Motive Card any time its
    requirements are currently being met. It is possible to
    reveal a Motive Card in the middle of resolving an action,
    a skill check, or a Crisis Card. At the end of the game, a
    Cylon Leader may reveal Motive Cards if the requirements
    listed on those cards are met, based upon the status of
    the game when it ended. He cannot reveal a Motive Card
    if its requirement is not currently being met, even if it was
    previously met.

I'm guessing the bluff/reveal/unreveal timings were a bigger concern than strict mechanics of it... Idea being to give the CLs as much chance as possible to choose whether to reveal or no.

Kaneski on
    @Kirindal, you're the last one to contribute to the check.

4463rwiq7r47.png
    Yeah, but the wording as is would let you flip it over as the centurion was being placed, which means there's no real choice to be made, just hide it as long as you can

Yeah, but the wording as is would let you flip it over as the centurion was being placed, which means there's no real choice to be made, just hide it as long as you can

Agreed. That was basically what I was saying - the mechanics of revealing are less important than choosing to reveal. After all, 1 Centurion isn't the end of the game. Doubly not if Kat turns out to be a human. So if I were a sneaky Cylon trying to stick around the humans for longer, I might risk it and not reveal. As is - honesty is the policy, and I revealed. I think that decision is more important then when/how I can reveal.