As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Basic Excel Formula Help

EncEnc A Fool with CompassionPronouns: He, Him, HisRegistered User regular
edited September 2013 in Help / Advice Forum
I'm working on an assessment grading system for one of our programs we offer. Our test collection system (which is atrocious) gets us data back in flights of three in an excel document:

[ A ] [ B ] [ C ]
27 6 2

With column A being correct answers, B being incorrect answers, and C being "no response"

I need to know how to write, in excel, this formula: [1A / (1A+1B)]= for Column D

I have no idea how to write excel formulas and I feel terrible for asking. Apologies for the dumb question!

Enc on

• Options
    ThunderSaidThunderSaid Registered User regular
    The syntax should just be:

=(A1/(A1+B1))

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    so close... so very close

=A1/(A1+B1)

Copy that down the column

• Options
    EncEnc A Fool with Compassion Pronouns: He, Him, HisRegistered User regular
    Perfect, thanks.

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    Oh and don't feel bad. Some of us LOVE answering excel questions, even silly basic ones. Hell, ESPECIALLY silly basic ones. It make me feel like I have some job security! :)