Penny Arcade Adventures on XBOX live?

War1ockWar1ock Registered User
edited October 2007 in Penny Arcade Games
Is it or is it not?

War1ock on
«1

Posts

  • XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    It hasn't been said yet. Only PC is confirmed thus far.

    Xaquin on
  • Robert KhooRobert Khoo Registered User, Administrator, ClubPA, Penny Arcade Staff, PAX Staff staff
    edited August 2007
    pffft

    Robert Khoo on
    Some guy.
  • XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    wait am I wrong?

    I thought it was only on PC sorry.

    Xaquin on
  • Robert KhooRobert Khoo Registered User, Administrator, ClubPA, Penny Arcade Staff, PAX Staff staff
    edited August 2007
    Right now it's PC only - i would love to know where that EGM dude got his info though. Ah well.

    Robert Khoo on
    Some guy.
  • Munkus BeaverMunkus Beaver Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2007
    I just read that article too and was upset by it (I don't own an X-box and was planning on getting it on the PC)

    Munkus Beaver on
    Twitch Channel
    Steam: munkus_beaver
    Humor can be dissected, as a frog can, but it dies in the process.
    http://www.ccfa.org/
  • War1ockWar1ock Registered User
    edited August 2007
    I really hope it is I have a Mac and the 360 is my only real way of playing it it looks amazing

    War1ock on
  • HH JoelHH Joel Registered User
    edited August 2007
    War1ock wrote: »
    I really hope it is I have a Mac and the 360 is my only real way of playing it it looks amazing

    Well, you could always play the Mac version.... ;)

    Joel

    HH Joel on
  • TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON IndiaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    HH Joel wrote: »
    War1ock wrote: »
    I really hope it is I have a Mac and the 360 is my only real way of playing it it looks amazing

    Well, you could always play the Mac version.... ;)

    Joel

    Or buy a real computer.

    TychoCelchuuu on
  • War1ockWar1ock Registered User
    edited August 2007
    Or buy a real computer.
    Im broke the only reason i have a computer in the first place is because my grandma gave me it. I had no say in the computer

    War1ock on
  • TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON IndiaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Yeah, it was more of a joke. A Mac's as much of a computer as any Windows PC. Just worse.

    TychoCelchuuu on
  • VranaVrana Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Major Nelson confirmed that this is coming to XBLA in 2008

    Vrana on
  • core tacticcore tactic Registered User
    edited August 2007
    Gamespot confirms it, and IGN says Xbox 360, PC, Mac, and PS3(?)

    core tactic on
    6700ab2ed7bb6f9876150c388a78a011.png
  • War1ockWar1ock Registered User
    edited August 2007
    Yah PAX just announced that it will be on XBLA Mac OSX and Windows. But PS3 has yet to be confirmed.:lol:

    War1ock on
  • CollateraldmgCollateraldmg Registered User
    edited August 2007
    I'm pretty sure it's coming to XBLA.

    Collateraldmg on
  • darleysamdarleysam UKRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    this is good news, and makes me happy.

    darleysam on
    forumsig.png
  • freakyfatal1tyfreakyfatal1ty Registered User
    edited August 2007
    happy happy I cant wait

    freakyfatal1ty on
    life haha is it a dream
  • snoogans034snoogans034 Registered User
    edited August 2007
    Awesome this made my day.

    snoogans034 on
    346afb1b654d1c.png
  • The Rather Dapper ChapThe Rather Dapper Chap Registered User
    edited September 2007
    I have a 360, but I'm tempted to buy it for my Mac just to shove it to "the man".

    The Rather Dapper Chap on
  • PoojipooPoojipoo __BANNED USERS
    edited September 2007
    Think I'll get this on my 360!

    Whenever I have a choice between console and computer, I choose console simply for the convenience of not having to deal with any hardware problems. :D

    Poojipoo on
  • TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON IndiaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Poojipoo wrote: »
    Think I'll get this on my 360!

    Whenever I have a choice between console and computer, I choose console simply for the convenience of not having to deal with any hardware problems. :D

    rrod.jpg

    TychoCelchuuu on
  • INeedNoSaltINeedNoSalt with blood on my teeth Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Poojipoo wrote: »
    Think I'll get this on my 360!

    Whenever I have a choice between console and computer, I choose console simply for the convenience of not having to deal with any hardware problems. :D

    CIMG1253.JPG

    hotlinking, cool

    INeedNoSalt on
  • TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON IndiaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Yeah yeah yeah. I blame Google image search. THEY are the thieves!

    TychoCelchuuu on
  • PoojipooPoojipoo __BANNED USERS
    edited September 2007
    Touche! However, the number of threads you'll find of people troubleshooting their PCs to get a single game working greatly exceeds the number of people who can't play it on their 360; I can count on just shoving the disc in and playin' on my 360, can't really do that with my PC. :)

    Poojipoo on
  • TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON IndiaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007
    On the other hand, the vast majority of PC problems are caused by the person screwing something up. My PC, for example, has crashed once on me since I built it, and specific games have crashed 3 times total. A 360, however, dies without you doing a thing. If that happens to a PC, which is rare, you can always just RMA the part.

    TychoCelchuuu on
  • HarryHarry Registered User
    edited September 2007
    holy shit dude ur lucky as shit my pc crashes like couple times a week, prolly cuz ill run 10 programs at once but still

    Harry on
  • EinhanderEinhander __BANNED USERS
    edited September 2007
    That hurt to read.

    I can assume with relative assurance that when it comes to this game, my P3 500MHz with 384MB RAM and a 16MB Ati Rage II won't cut it, but my brand new 360 Elite should run the game just fine. And I'll be able to play it on my comfortable chair as well, instead of my slightly less comfortable desk chair.

    This is good for me, because I wouldn't be able to play the game if it was PC only.

    And I guess it'll be nice for the people who like achievements, too.
    Achievement: "The Tube is civilization!" - Successfully bludgeon 20 enemies to death wielding the Cardboard Tube to unlock this achievement.

    Einhander on
  • War1ockWar1ock Registered User
    edited September 2007
    Just to Clarify this is not a game you can buy on a disc for the 360.It is an Xbox live game you have to download.The PC is a disc.;-)

    War1ock on
  • WinterSnowblindWinterSnowblind Registered User
    edited September 2007
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure it was shown in the upcoming Live Arcade games trailer, on the market place.

    WinterSnowblind on
  • strike_the_tripstrike_the_trip Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    War1ock wrote: »
    Just to Clarify this is not a game you can buy on a disc for the 360.It is an Xbox live game you have to download.The PC is a disc.;-)

    Umm, where'd you hear that? I thought all versions were going to be downloadable? I guess it would work, but the retail model doesn't make as much sense as digital distro would for a game like this...

    strike_the_trip on
  • HH JoelHH Joel Registered User
    edited September 2007
    Both the PC and Xbox versions will be downloadable.

    Joel

    HH Joel on
  • Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Moderator mod
    edited September 2007
    Digital Distro ftw. I was initially going to get it for PC, but I recently bought a 360 (PAX sealed the deal for me on this one) and I'll more than likely be picking this one up on XBLA.

    Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

  • ArtoriaArtoria Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    So there is no Disc Based way to buy this?

    Look I'm cool with Digital Distro and all that but I'm also one of these guys who likes to have a disc in hand. I just feel better about my purchase that way.

    Personally I think anything that is digitally distributed should give the option to pay a little more (like $5) and you can get it on a disc as well.

    Sorry just my gripe. I'm still looking forward to the game.

    Artoria on
  • XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    I'll second this. I have a crappy connection (EVDO) and it has a 5 gig limit a month and even if it didn't it still takes forever to DL/UL anything. I'm talking upwards of 20 minutes for a 5meg file.

    I'll take my comp to a friends house to DL if I have to because I really really want this game, but I'd still prefer a CD. Maybe they could make a few to sell in thier store?

    Xaquin on
  • randomguyrandomguy Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Welcome to 2007 , if you can't afford DSL but you can afford the data rate and the internet laptop card for your cell phone, then something is wrong with your money management.

    Digital Distro is the now thing in all entertainment platforms. PC digital distro is great . Example, I can download and install any game from my EA Link or Steam account that I have previously purchased on any PC I am at , and play the game online instantly. It's so simple its genius.

    I would be happy to see a digital distro release of both PC and Console. It would probably be better for the developers in the long run with cheaper publishing rights that rape independent game developers.

    randomguy on
    "i ate your babies princess."
  • EinhanderEinhander __BANNED USERS
    edited September 2007
    randomguy you've got to understand that some people like having a physical copy of a game in their hands, or their location might not allow for high speed interenet access.

    Sorta like how you've got to understand what a crumpet is, to understand cricket.

    Einhander on
  • XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    randomguy wrote: »
    Welcome to 2007 , if you can't afford DSL but you can afford the data rate and the internet laptop card for your cell phone, then something is wrong with your money management.

    Digital Distro is the now thing in all entertainment platforms. PC digital distro is great . Example, I can download and install any game from my EA Link or Steam account that I have previously purchased on any PC I am at , and play the game online instantly. It's so simple its genius.

    I would be happy to see a digital distro release of both PC and Console. It would probably be better for the developers in the long run with cheaper publishing rights that rape independent game developers.

    Welcome to 2007, the interwebs are STILL not available everywhere.

    Xaquin on
  • randomguyrandomguy Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Einhander wrote: »
    randomguy you've got to understand that some people like having a physical copy of a game in their hands, or their location might not allow for high speed interenet access.

    Sorta like how you've got to understand what a crumpet is, to understand cricket.

    I understand that, but I am saying they need to let that addiction go. There are many things that some people like having but it doesn't mean that holding back development in an industry is a wise decision. Digital distribution of entertainment will eventually crush the physical counterpart.

    The cost alone to compete with a physical counterpart nowadays is incredible. The amount of advertisement and publishing cost is about the same but the difference in profit in comparison to digital distribution is a big difference. I feel it would be a wise decision to go digital distribution over a retail unit. If it makes you feel any better , think of all the trees and clean air you are saving by not creating a paper manual or plastic dvd disc and case.

    randomguy on
    "i ate your babies princess."
  • XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    they could still sell some in their store for people who can't download the game.

    Xaquin on
  • HitScanHitScan Registered User
    edited September 2007
    randomguy wrote: »
    I understand that, but I am saying they need to let that addiction go. There are many things that some people like having but it doesn't mean that holding back development in an industry is a wise decision. Digital distribution of entertainment will eventually crush the physical counterpart.

    The cost alone to compete with a physical counterpart nowadays is incredible. The amount of advertisement and publishing cost is about the same but the difference in profit in comparison to digital distribution is a big difference. I feel it would be a wise decision to go digital distribution over a retail unit. If it makes you feel any better , think of all the trees and clean air you are saving by not creating a paper manual or plastic dvd disc and case.
    You're mistaking "Physical distribution" with "Get it in a Wal-Mart." It's entirely possible to press a small amount of CDs to supplement online distribution, for those who are stuck out in the cold dark grip of The Backwoods.

    HitScan on
    Unstable like the isotope that resolves the fate of the theoretical cat in the hypothetical crate.
    Yo momma so fat she got triabetes
  • randomguyrandomguy Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    HitScan wrote: »
    randomguy wrote: »
    I understand that, but I am saying they need to let that addiction go. There are many things that some people like having but it doesn't mean that holding back development in an industry is a wise decision. Digital distribution of entertainment will eventually crush the physical counterpart.

    The cost alone to compete with a physical counterpart nowadays is incredible. The amount of advertisement and publishing cost is about the same but the difference in profit in comparison to digital distribution is a big difference. I feel it would be a wise decision to go digital distribution over a retail unit. If it makes you feel any better , think of all the trees and clean air you are saving by not creating a paper manual or plastic dvd disc and case.
    You're mistaking "Physical distribution" with "Get it in a Wal-Mart." It's entirely possible to press a small amount of CDs to supplement online distribution, for those who are stuck out in the cold dark grip of The Backwoods.

    Haha , I will agree that physical distribution does not have to be limited to retail store. That is a good suggestion and would be useful.

    randomguy on
    "i ate your babies princess."
Sign In or Register to comment.