As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAX'07 DVD

PhanmanPhanman Registered User regular
edited September 2007 in PAX Archive
Since Moe said make a thread about it, here it is. :P

Do we know what sorts of things will be on the DVD? Are all the panels going to be on it?

Is anyone else as disappointed as I am about the major recording fuck-ups during Saturday's concert?

Also were the screens shaking or the camera during the concerts? I wonder if we'll just have ultra shaky footage for the concerts.

There are 3 great concert moments I can think of where Freezepop, MC Frontalot and most importantly Johnathan Coulton had great interaction with the camera, can't wait to see that on DVD.

I didn't get to see the "Make a Strip" panel so I'd like to see that on the DVD and also I hope we have the "I'm not going to sue...." immortalized forever.

What are you guys looking forward to seeing?

Also lastly, how long until they release it, will it be released in '07 or will it be '08? All I know is that I want it now :(

Wii Code: 6596 9931 4190 2980
Phanman on

• HounHoun Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    It looked like the screens to me. The boom appeared to be steady to me, but it was dark and hard to tell.

The pattern of the shaking strongly suggested it was the screens themselves, though.

Houn on
  • Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited August 2007
    The bass seemed to be causing the boom to vibrate, at least that's how it looked while watching the screens, so who knows.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• MisteriosoMisterioso Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    yeah, the image was shaking from the bass both fri and sat. couldn't tell if it was the boom or the screen but I guess we'll find out when the dvd comes out XD

I'm looking forward to seeing the panels on DVD. I never go to see them but always would like to.

Misterioso on
    Listen. And understand. That Misterioso is out there. He can't be bargained with. He can't be reasoned with. He doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And he absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead..drunk.
  • xxhennersxxxxhennersxx Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    the screens themselves were vibrating. I was on the right side of the stage and eventually eased my way over to be right underneath them so i could get a nice view of the stage from the side. i think the camera was pretty secure. I hope it was. I want Freezepops performance!

xxhennersxx on
  • DondumsDondums Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I don't think it even needs to be mentioned but the Wil Wheaton Keynote. The Omegathon Montage, maybe with even more random animal pix. Also a display of the various cosplays - they worked hard, they deserve a spot on the DVD.

Dondums on
    internet
  • HighfireHighfire Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Hopefully it will be done in Dec, before x-mas. If not more then likely Jan.

I just want to know if they were also filming the People that asked Q's during the PA panels. I saw that during the 05' DVD they were for some of the Q's in the 2nd Panel.

Also I want to be able to show it off myself, to all my friends that didn't go. And show them what they're missing, by being uncool.

Highfire on
  • skwisgaar Skwigelfskwisgaar Skwigelf Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    That's the main reason why I want a PAX 2007 DVD as well. I want to show the person that was gonna go with me what she missed because she was afraid of so many people.

skwisgaar Skwigelf on
    Max sig size: 500x80px or 4 lines of text
    "Let me be the first to tell you you look like shit".
    DJFenderStradt.png
    edited August 2007
    That's the main reason why I want a PAX 2007 DVD as well. I want to show the person that was gonna go with me what she missed because she was afraid of so many people.

I used my Pax 05 DVD as a recuitment tool for 06. :)

xxhennersxx on
    edited August 2007
    How many people did you convince to come with you and enjoy the electronic goodliness?

skwisgaar Skwigelf on
    DJFenderStradt.png
    edited August 2007
    How many people did you convince to come with you and enjoy the electronic goodliness?

well, 06 I got my friend Jon and Chris to go. Then, in 2007, we had 7 people. And for 08? My group is now in the tripple digits.

xxhennersxx on
    edited August 2007
    Good work! I hope I have good luck like that. All of the PAXs I have attended have been...lonely...:(

skwisgaar Skwigelf on
    DJFenderStradt.png
    edited August 2007
    Good work! I hope I have good luck like that. All of the PAXs I have attended have been...lonely...:(

really? tell you what, our groups. they'll hook up. It'll be rad.

xxhennersxx on
    edited August 2007
    Awesomes. Wow, PAX 2008 is in a year and plans are already in the works...is this bad? Can one be TOO obsessive about this event or any other event?

skwisgaar Skwigelf on
    DJFenderStradt.png
    edited August 2007
    Awesomes. Wow, PAX 2008 is in a year and plans are already in the works...is this bad? Can one be TOO obsessive about this event or any other event?

PAx 08? Motherfuck, I'm already planning PAX 2012.

xxhennersxx on
  • MarxMarx Registered User regular
    edited August 2007

lol. I was about to brag about planning for PAX '08 the day before '07 started, but I think you win.

Marx on
    Space for rent.
    edited August 2007
    Marx wrote: »

lol. I was about to brag about planning for PAX '08 the day before '07 started, but I think you win.

I can't wait for the robot invasion of 2009. It's going to make PAX 2012 so interesting!

xxhennersxx on
  • Fo0dNippl4Fo0dNippl4 Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I want to see the spin the Mega64 guys put on the PAX07 DVD, though it may be limited.

Actually, they mentioned that they were doing the DVD, but in what capacity, I wonder? Maybe Rocco will be in charge of some editing as well as the filming they did.

Fo0dNippl4 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • NephirijNephirij Registered User regular
    edited August 2007

I can't wait for the robot invasion of 2009. It's going to make PAX 2012 so interesting!

PAX 2021 is gonna be better. On the moon. The first PAX in zero-G.

Nephirij on
  • Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    In PAX 2101, war was beginning...

Raiden333 on
    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
    edited August 2007
    What HAppen?

Someone set up us the Uwe Boll.

skwisgaar Skwigelf on
    DJFenderStradt.png
  • MarxMarx Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Nephirij wrote: »

PAX 2021 is gonna be better. On the moon. The first PAX in zero-G.

Almost makes me feel bad for the DDR players.... almost. :lol:

Marx on
    Space for rent.
  • PhanmanPhanman Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    After PAX 2021, you can just download the videos straight to your brain, you won't need the DVD.

However, it is only 2007 and I need this DVD ASAP. I definitely plan to use it as a recruiting tool at my winter gaming event.

Phanman on
    Wii Code: 6596 9931 4190 2980
  • DondumsDondums Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    PAX 2021 will have Duke Nukem Forever as the final Omegathon game.
    Also Robert Khoo will have developed enough skill at Rock Band to play all 4 parts of the band at the same time.

Dondums on
    internet
  • whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    He'll be able to do that WAY before 2021. 2010 at the latest.

whypick1 on
    Is it PAX <insert nearest future PAX here> yet?
    edited August 2007
    More like January 1, 2008

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Them's betting words moe.

whypick1 on
    Is it PAX <insert nearest future PAX here> yet?
  • Eyes5Eyes5 Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I'm super, SUPER mad that they couldn't get Minibosses. >:( Mostly because I was at the front and would have ended up on the DVD.

Eyes5 on
  • JoahWJoahW Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    I noticed that the crane camera was placed right in front of one of the speaker towers.

The vibrating didn't look like it was the screen to me, but who knows.

JoahW on
    Jamada.gif
  • SneakerElphSneakerElph Registered User new member
    edited September 2007
    when the dvd comes out, how can i get ahold of it? did i have to buy it at PAX? because i didn't, and i really want a copy of it.

SneakerElph on
  • Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Nah, it'll be for sale in the PA store.

Raiden333 on
    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • RoccoRocco Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Fo0dNippl4 wrote: »
    I want to see the spin the Mega64 guys put on the PAX07 DVD, though it may be limited.

Actually, they mentioned that they were doing the DVD, but in what capacity, I wonder? Maybe Rocco will be in charge of some editing as well as the filming they did.

Yeah, sorry I didn't clarify this more at the Mega64 panel, I just got excited to announce it and forgot to go into the real details.

I filmed, and will be editing, the main feature on the PAX '07 DVD. They had a hired film crew cover all the events and concerts and whatnot, so you'll get all that rad stuff of course, but the main feature of the DVD will be everything I shot.

As for what kind of spin I'll put on it? I personally like to focus on the fun little odd things that not everyone might have seen. It'll be a lot more unusual than the PAX '05 DVD (I mean look who they hired here), but I think it'll capture the fun and insanity of it all. There'll be Mega64 booth antics in there, I'm sure, but I definitely don't want to pollute the entire thing with that. The last thing I want to be known as is the guy who wrecked the PAX DVD.

Rocco on
    edited September 2007
    Rocco wrote: »
    Fo0dNippl4 wrote: »

Yeah, sorry I didn't clarify this more at the Mega64 panel, I just got excited to announce it and forgot to go into the real details.

I filmed, and will be editing, the main feature on the PAX '07 DVD. They had a hired film crew cover all the events and concerts and whatnot, so you'll get all that rad stuff of course, but the main feature of the DVD will be everything I shot.

As for what kind of spin I'll put on it? I personally like to focus on the fun little odd things that not everyone might have seen. It'll be a lot more unusual than the PAX '05 DVD (I mean look who they hired here), but I think it'll capture the fun and insanity of it all. There'll be Mega64 booth antics in there, I'm sure, but I definitely don't want to pollute the entire thing with that. The last thing I want to be known as is the guy who wrecked the PAX DVD.

well as with the PAX 05 DVD the panels should be seperate from the main feature... so if you remember that I dont think it really is possible to wreck it. Especially considering your work! :^:

xxhennersxx on
  • CerriusCerrius Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Was there even a PAX06 DVD set this year? I can't remember hearing anything about it.

Cerrius on
    [SIGPIC]image.php?type=sigpic&userid=5578&dateline=1219903129[/SIGPIC]
  • JaidenJaiden Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Cerrius wrote: »
    Was there even a PAX06 DVD set this year? I can't remember hearing anything about it.

For having been on the forums since 2004 and having over 1500 posts, I find it next to impossible that you haven't seen one of the nine thousand threads asking about the PAX06 DVD.

But, in the event that you're asking seriously, for the 9317th time, there is no PAX06 DVD. Footage was lost, DVD was not made, it doesn't exist, for the love of god people stop asking about it.

Jaiden on
    [15:51] <+Snickers> Dur, I R CUM
    [10:24] * @BigRed-Worky cums the water

[12:32] <+prox> lawl you kickbanned me so hard my client crashed
    edited September 2007
    Jaiden wrote: »

For having been on the forums since 2004 and having over 1500 posts, I find it next to impossible that you haven't seen one of the nine thousand threads asking about the PAX06 DVD.

But, in the event that you're asking seriously, for the 9317th time, there is no PAX06 DVD. Footage was lost, DVD was not made, it doesn't exist, for the love of god people stop asking about it.

We talkin' about the '06 DVD? Yeah, whatever happened to that one, anyway?

*ducks and runs* :D

Houn on
    edited September 2007
    there is no PAX06 DVD. Footage was lost, DVD was not made, it doesn't exist, for the love of god people stop asking about it.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• JaidenJaiden Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    _______moe wrote: »
    there is no PAX06 DVD. Footage was lost, DVD was not made, it doesn't exist, for the love of god people stop asking about it.

Jaiden on
    [15:51] <+Snickers> Dur, I R CUM
    [10:24] * @BigRed-Worky cums the water

[12:32] <+prox> lawl you kickbanned me so hard my client crashed
    edited September 2007
    _______moe wrote: »

So, what you're trying to say is...?

(Ok, I'm done now. :D )

Houn on
  • CerriusCerrius Registered User regular
    edited September 2007

I actually did not know this because I don't read the PAX forum much. But thanks for clearing that up!

Cerrius on
    [SIGPIC]image.php?type=sigpic&userid=5578&dateline=1219903129[/SIGPIC]
  • SmallKiwiSmallKiwi Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Ok, Im really super duper psyched to get ahold of the DVD because my PAX withdrawl depression began as soon as we walked out of the convention center. Also, Im going to play the DVD for my kids who didn't go but we are bringing next year. We were planning to goto Disney World but I've convinced my wife that PAX '08 is more important. As a casual gamer, i was surprised by how much she enjoyed PAX, I think a large part was seeing JoCo live and in such a setting, 'twas awesome. Anyways, gotta get the PAX DVD so I can recruit a buddy of mine to come along with us in '08. Get to work!

p.s. - When can we expect it?

SmallKiwi on
This discussion has been closed.