As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Mobile phones and ticket/hotel purchases

GreenizdabestGreenizdabest Southeast CT - USARegistered User regular
Just a very quick question:

Have any of you successfully used a mobile phone to purchase Pax tickets or use OnPeak to reserve hotels, and if so, what OS is your phone (windows, iOS, droid)?

• Options
    PorkchopPorkchop Registered User regular
    I was out and about last year on 10/8, when my ticket confirmation is dated. I think it was a Monday holiday. Got a twitter notification about tickets, and while it was definitely slower than doing it on a desktop, I believe I purchased my tickets without issue via my phone without a problem. I was (and still am) using a Galaxy Nexus running Android, probably 4.1 at the time, using the Chrome browser most likely.

I will warn, however, that they did change the system used to purchase tickets for Prime, and may use the same one for East. It's a queue system, and I'm not confident on how well it would work on mobile browsers.

• Options
    Menolly07Menolly07 Registered User regular
    I've succesfully used my mobile to get tickets. Granted, it's very helpful to be in at least a 3G network area,

Still PAXing strong. [E] for lyfe. ELand forever.
    twitter.com/Menolly07
  • Options
    ClixClix This guy I know Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    I use Dolphin browser on my Android phone. I will warn that it did not work to purchase badges last year.

I was stuck at the waiting queue forever, and could never finish the transaction before timing out and getting booted back to square one. This was using a solid 4G connection too.

Instead I purchased passes from a desktop and got thru the whole purchase fairly fast. That was after several failed attempts with my phone.

• Options
    TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    I was able to buy PAX tickets on my phone for East 2013 and Prime 2013, I was using my iPhone at the time with Safari.

• Options
    GreenizdabestGreenizdabest Southeast CT - USARegistered User regular
    Thanks for the responses! I was really fishing to see if Safari would cooperate with the registration system, so good thing.