As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

It's a Fuck You Friday

• Dongs GaloreDongs Galore Registered User regular
    Oghulk wrote: »
    fuck you James Joyce for writing the most beautiful ending line in existence

"Goodnight, my little farting Nora, my dirty little fuckbird!"

• HermanoHermano Registered User regular
    I sometimes wish that I could read the words "James Joyce" and not immediately think of the love letters.

PSN- AHermano
  • BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    Hermano wrote: »
    I sometimes wish that I could read the words "James Joyce" and not immediately think of the love letters.

KN6J2GP.png

• Dongs GaloreDongs Galore Registered User regular
    vocaroo.com/i/s1cr6gOSNpAh

still the thing of which I am most proud

• DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    edited September 2013
    Darmak wrote: »
    I would love to just go back to speakers but I communicate a lot online when playing games, plus hearing my game shit drives my wife insane. I got this pair because they were surround sound and they sounded amazing, but now they're broke just like the cheap ones.

Skull Candy earbuds, ten bucks.

They aren't fantastic or anything, but the rubber earpieces fit my ear decently and I don't feel like I wrecked a Ferrari when they crap out.

I need a mic, and I'm not getting some piece of shit that sits on my desk. Gotta be connected to the headphones.

edit: also hate earbuds

Darmak on
    JtgVX0H.png
  • Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    I would love to just go back to speakers but I communicate a lot online when playing games, plus hearing my game shit drives my wife insane. I got this pair because they were surround sound and they sounded amazing, but now they're broke just like the cheap ones.

They aren't fantastic or anything, but the rubber earpieces fit my ear decently and I don't feel like I wrecked a Ferrari when they crap out.

I need a mic, and I'm not getting some piece of shit that sits on my desk. Gotta be connected to the headphones.

If you want a headset that's not going to break, you gotta give your wallet a real beating. http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-Performance-Surround-Gaming-Headset/dp/B008O515CK/

• sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    It is too fucking early to be up on a Saturday.

Fuck you, Saturday morning.

• Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    It's 10 minutes past midnight, Sunday morning here.

• KochikensKochikens Registered User regular
    ChicoBlue wrote: »
    Fuck you, me.

You lazy, scaredy such and such.

Another week gone with nothing to show for it but another tablespoon of self-loathing added to the already indomitable mountain.

nuzzle

• WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    We're in a flood watch.

• GoldenSeducerGoldenSeducer AAAAAUGH!! Registered User regular
    Fuck you, housework. I don't want to do you anymore! The bathroom is spotless, the computer room, stairs, and living room are cleaned and vacuumed. A shitton of laundry is done, and so are a bunch of dishes. I don't wanna do any more work today!!

Did you get all of the spiders out of the attic?

• GoldenSeducerGoldenSeducer AAAAAUGH!! Registered User regular
    I don't have an attic. If I did, I would leave the spiders up there alone.

I'll let them live an attic and in the basement, but fuck 'em if they try to live anywhere else in this house.

If you want a headset that's not going to break, you gotta give your wallet a real beating. http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-Performance-Surround-Gaming-Headset/dp/B008O515CK/

Fuck me that's expensive. But it looks like there are couch cushions on the earpieces...

JtgVX0H.png
  • KaplarKaplar On Google MapsRegistered User regular
    Fuck heart attacks. Just fuck'em.

Fuck me that's expensive. But it looks like there are couch cushions on the earpieces...

I bought Nuka & I both a set of these at PAX and they rock.

http://www.amazon.com/CM-Storm-Sonuz-Headset-Microphone/dp/B008KYH8XK

• webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    Noisymunk wrote: »
    Athenor wrote: »
    On the headphones note:

Fuck you, all audio hardware/software companies ever. I've been working with computers for 25 years and not once have I ever seen any of you yahoos include a "stereo/mono" toggle. And this is especially true of my iPod and any newer consumer electronics. I work in an environment where it would be advantageous to only use a single earbud at a time, you know..

On an iPhone, I go into Settings -> General -> Accessibility and under hearing turn Mono Audio to On. This sums the stereo into a mono mix for single earphone listening.

The problem with a stereo/mono toggle is that any time you sum a stereo mix down to mono, there's going to be some phase cancellation. Basically a stereo mix summed to mono is going to suffer a reduction of audio quality. So, other than to accommodate a listener with hearing loss in one ear, why would you include a "make stereo audio sound like crap" toggle?

It's useful for when you want to listen to your music but still need an ear open. Examples being working on a production line, when you need to listen for coworkers and heavy equipment like forklifts. Also when bicycling, gotta be able to hear cars. Nothing pisses me off more as a driver than seeing a bicyclist wearing a big ole set of headphones, way to be situationally aware dude! I like to use single ear phones when I hike sometimes too, so I can still listen for animals and such.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
    edited September 2013
    Weaver wrote: »

I bought Nuka & I both a set of these at PAX and they rock.

http://www.amazon.com/CM-Storm-Sonuz-Headset-Microphone/dp/B008KYH8XK

I put those on my wishlist, and those are probably what I'll buy since the others are so expensive (but they're going on my wishlist too, just in case). Here's what I'm currently using

edit: hmmm, I may hold off on those. One reviewer talked about how heavy they are and the shape and discomfort that caused him due to his big head, which is a problem I have as well.

Darmak on
    JtgVX0H.png
    edited September 2013

Yo there is a cheaper model that isn't quite as nice, but is still much more rugged than pretty much any '1337 gaemorz' headset, and will sound better to boot: http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-PC-323D-Gaming-Headset/dp/B0087ZMAUS/ref=pd_cp_pc_2

It's weird seeing all these computer component companies getting into rebranding Chinese made accesories as their own.

Corsair, you make RAM, power supplies, and cases. CoolerMaster and Thermaltake, you make fucking CPU coolers!

Donovan Puppyfucker on
    Okay, that one IS in my price range. Hmmmmmmmmmmm

JtgVX0H.png
  • Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
  • HellaJeffHellaJeff FAB FRESH RAIIINBOOWWWWWRegistered User regular
    Chris, are you an audio guy? You are talking like an audio guy.

Kinda sorta maybe.

• HellaJeffHellaJeff FAB FRESH RAIIINBOOWWWWWRegistered User regular
    Audio world is a fun world. I would love to do stage hand things for the union and try to work up to mic setup as a side gig.

• #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    So this just happened in my bathroom

6nhsgSk.jpg

Fuck you, rain. Fuck you, shitty roof. Fuck you, lazy building manager who had all summer to get the shitty roof fixed.

• PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    Jesus, Pipe, that fucking blows

• Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Hoooooooly shit, man

• TamTam Registered User regular
    jeeezus christ

• #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    edited September 2013
    The manager is in here as we speak, cleaning up the rubble with a shovel.

He says it's happened to three other apartments too.

That he's been yelling at the company to send a roofer for literally months and now they have to send one, only it's going to cost them 5 times more.

Also our sink has been blocked for a few weeks without being fixed.

We should really move.

Also there's a building next door in which a girl OD'd on heroin a couple of nights ago, and he's been calling the cops every day about the dealer who lives there but they never come.

#pipe on
  • Bendery It Like BeckhamBendery It Like Beckham Hopeless Registered User regular
    You better make your property manager rip out all that wet insulation and get that stuff dried out with a dehumidifier, otherwise mold central, population you.

• THESPOOKYTHESPOOKY papa! Registered User regular
    And I thought the eaves falling off the front of my building this morning sucked

d4753b065e9d63cc25203f06160a1cd1.png
  • OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    when that happened to me they found asbestos in the walls. so it could be worse!

• Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    #pipe wrote: »

That he's been yelling at the company to send a roofer for literally months and now they have to send one, only it's going to cost them 5 times more.

We should really move.

Also there's a building next door in which a girl OD'd on heroin a couple of nights ago, and he's been calling the cops every day about the dealer who lives there but they never come.

This sounds like the kind of neighborhood that is just waiting for Batman to roll up ins

• Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »

We should really move.

This sounds like the kind of neighborhood that is just waiting for Batman to roll up ins

Good work in find silver linings GG.

• LednehLedneh shinesquawk Registered User regular
    edited September 2013
    Fuck congress and the rest of the government for ensuring I won't be getting any pay as of Tuesday

ok that should be a 'maybe ensuring' but that's not helping me calm down any!!!

Ledneh on
  • Darth WaiterDarth Waiter Elrond Hubbard Mordor XenuRegistered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »

I think that a superhero with roofing and tiling powers would be much more beneficial at this point.

Insulator.

• Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    fuck this fucking unity 3d shit

there are buttloads of documentation on it but there's nothing that's just like "HERE'S HOW SHIT WORKS"

Even Unity's own tutorial stuff only covers like bits and pieces of things and i don't know if i'm just looking in the wrong places or what but I can not just find something that lays everything out in plain god damn english

i am not trying to do anything complicated (yet), I'm just tryin' to make an object stop moving when its collision map hits another object's collision map, and no matter what I do I can't make it work and no matter where I look I can't find a straight fuckin' answer for how it works

• bombardierbombardier Moderator mod

We should really move.

Are they setting you up in a hotel or anything? Can you use your bathroom at all?

• DirtyDirtyVagrantDirtyDirtyVagrant Registered User regular
    Fuck the NSA. Fuck the DHS. SUPER FUCK THE CIA. Fuck the police. Fuck surveillance. Fuck our representatives. Fuck this president. Fuck this entire country. Fuck this earth. Fuck "social conservatives." Fuck "Fiscal conservatives." Fuck governments that have no accountability. Fuck our military budget. Fuck the media. Fuck manipulation of public opinion. Fuck exit polls. Fuck all polls, come to think of it. Fuck voting. Fuck corporations. Fuck the supreme court. And fuck all the other courts, too. Fuck apathy. Fuck cruelty. Fuck people's indifference to human suffering. Fuck ANYONE that uses the term "enemy combatants" to justify torture and collateral damage and civilian casualties. Fuck your "beliefs." Fuck your opinions. Fuck your racism, your bigotry, your intolerance, your anger, your entitlement, your indignation, AND your fucking fundraisers. Fuck your persecution complex. Fuck "the children." Fuck privatization. Fuck corruption. Fuck lobbyists. Fuck trickle down economics. Fuck slave wages. Fuck right-to-work policies. Fuck no overtime. Fuck union-busting types. FUCK LOBBYISTS AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN, the fucking cockroaches. Fuck suppression of peaceful protests. Fuck our justice system. Fuck the death penalty (except for lobbyists). Fuck the emphasis on punishing prisoners rather than treating their mental illnesses and reforming them. Fuck global warming deniers. And...and...whew...the room's spinning. Just a second.

...Okay. I think I got it all out of my system. Did I forget anything?

• TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    Hermano wrote: »

This was me in an English literature class.

b1ehrMM.gif
This discussion has been closed.