As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[League of Legends] Get excited for the girl with the super mega death rockets

• TommattTommatt Registered User regular
    Sokpuppet wrote: »
    Iunno. Watching FNC stomp Royal was a lot more interesting than watching Royal stomp FNC.
    Possibly because Royal are delightful Chinese Murderlordbots and one just expects them to stomp things.
    Also because FNC played a brilliant, utterly inspired match.

As mentioned, in the stomps, some of the baron plays were impressive. Plus the way they just put their foot on the gas, and don't let up is pretty amazing to watch.

• EinzelEinzel Registered User regular
    Tommatt wrote: »
    Sokpuppet wrote: »
    Iunno. Watching FNC stomp Royal was a lot more interesting than watching Royal stomp FNC.
    Possibly because Royal are delightful Chinese Murderlordbots and one just expects them to stomp things.
    Also because FNC played a brilliant, utterly inspired match.

As mentioned, in the stomps, some of the baron plays were impressive. Plus the way they just put their foot on the gas, and don't let up is pretty amazing to watch.

League Androids, now available in mainland China.

edited September 2013
    Back up to bronze 1 yay! Went 2-0 in my promos. Maybe I'll hit silver before end of season for that ward yet. What is roughly the MMR for silver? I'm close to 1100 according to Lolking.net

http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/24587291

hmmm first game in bronze one support says if they end up with support we lose, after everyone has chosen.... (As in locked in, him last pick, red side)
    And he was horrible. Would knock people away as ali, walk up to them, knock them up, then usually die lol. Whole team fed all over the map honestly. They'd perform a conga line of deaths one by one.

Tommatt on
  • skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    Raslin wrote: »
    99lp in silver 2

riot pls

I'm at 99lp too :(

• Salvation122Salvation122 Registered User regular
    I should really just uninstall the game

It is so fucking frustrating to be like "no, don't go there, don't, don't, don't, awwwwwwwwwww you did it and now you're dead and he ran in late so he's dead and THAT guy ran in late so HE'S dead too and now we lose. Again. After you did the thing I told you not to do."

• CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    I got a little carried away @Burnage

The 3v3 gametype known as Twisted Treeline was fully launched in March 2010, but it was relaunched with an entirely new map in October 2012 because of some serious design flaws in the original map that Riot decided were unfixable. The new map is still in beta, but will be exiting beta Soon™. However, 3v3 still at least gets more support than Dominion. While still fundamentally the same gameplay, there are some key differences from Summoner's Rift to keep in mind.

1) Wards: There are none. Vision is granted by Grez's Spectral Lantern and Hextech Sweeper, which grant true sight in the target area for 10 seconds on a 60 second cooldown. Somebody on your team needs one of them. Grez's is a solid pick up on most AD, but don't upgrade it to Lightbringer unless they have a Teemo or you really want the extra magic damage. Sweeper is mandatory on nearly all AP champions because it is an extremely overpowered bundle of stats.

2) Objectives: One altar is on each side of the map, and they grant vision of themselves and a buff. 1 altar gives +3 gold on kill, 2 altars give +10% AP and AD. Controlling them is very important, try not to let the other team steal yours. But also don't die for no reason trying to stop them, if you can't win the fight against them, the altar gold is not worth giving up 2 kills. The health relic is in the middle of the map, it gives you health, mana, and a speed boost. You probably want to take it if you're by there just so the enemy doesn't get it when you're fighting them later. Vilemaw is at the top of the map and spawns at 10 minutes and grants a massive regen, AS and CDR buff for 2 minutes. Don't try to do it if you don't know where the enemy team. It isn't so hard to kill since (unlike Dragon and Baron) it does not debuff your damage, it massively shreds your resistances and the other team can just walk up and ace you and then push down all your turrets. Also it will pull you back into its lair sometimes.

3) The Jungle: The jungle was designed in S2 and not adjusted for S3, so it is extremely easy compared to the Summoner's Rift jungle, especially with machete items. In high MMR it is common for there to be a dedicated jungler with smite and the mage is bot, but for most people it's one top, two bot, and people just farm the jungle opportunistically with not necessarily much attention paid to damage types. I would recommend a jungler if you can, but it can be difficult for people to handle the 2v1 lane. And all physical damage is probably a bad idea in all situations.

4) Champion Selection: You generally want to pick champions that have a strong early game, mobility/cc, and/or abilities designed to help them survive against 5 people. You do not want to pick a champion that relies on tactical stealth because the sweeper items completely ruin it. I generally agree with this tier list, but keep in mind that tier lists are in some ways less important than on SR because once a team starts snowballing early, it can be very hard to stop. Also, since most TT games are blind pick, you have no way of knowing whether or not the enemy team will actually counter the weaknesses of the champion you chose.

5) Mana Regen: Everyone on this map is granted a free Chalice of Harmony passive, similar to the Dominion aura although not as strong. Do not stack mana items and I will slap you if I see you rushing Athene's on a mage.

6) Items: Items that grant an early power spike are much better than trying to save up for that IE. For mages I recommend Haunting Guise, Wooglet's (the unholy reincarnation of Zhonya's Ring), and/or Blackfire Torch (the new version is extremely underrated in my opinion), for ADs Hydra, Triforce, BOTRK or brutalizer. Your regular tanky items are all fine if that's what you want to do, but Overlord's Bloodmail sucks. Also buy Ichor of Rage, it's OP.

7) Playstyle: TT is much more about skirmishes and keeping pressure at the enemy towers so you can push them down. With the shorter distance from the spawn platform, it's much more difficult to kill the tower if it's not already pushed. Sticking together once people start wandering out of lane is vital: like Summoner's Rift, the late game ace will cost you the game almost 100% of the time, but the "late game" comes a lot faster on TT.

8) Please play TT: If more people played it maybe Riot would care more about us (NORMAL DRAFT/SOLO QUEUE RANKED WHERe), and since there are more limited roles (and no support!) people, and each individual team member is more important (you cannot, for example, honestly say "bot fed gg it wasn't my fault" on TT), so people are much more relaxed than on SR.

• RaslinRaslin Registered User regular
    edited September 2013
    99lp in silver 2

riot pls

I won the next game, got into my series. Then won my first series game. Then lost three in a row ;_;

Raslin on
    I cant url good so add me on steam anyways steamcommunity.com/id/Raslin

3ds friend code: 2981-6032-4118
  • JoshmviiJoshmvii Registered User regular
    edited September 2013
    Just won a ranked playing Leona with a Vayne. We're against Ezreal/Fiddlesticks. I run ignite and tell Vayne just get ready to always kill Fiddlesticks. We ended the game them surrendering at 20 with Vayne 4/1/3 and me 3/1/4. God Leona is just so good. I bought a health crystal first back, then my next back I just straight bought an oracles because I only had 400 gold, and Fiddlesticks wanted to play "who will buy more pinks" so I figured I'd just say F you and go with the oracle. Every time we came back to lane I zoned them off and any time Fiddle got close I just EQed him. Once I had my ult there was just nothing they could do but be perma zoned.

Funniest moment had to be when I went and warded the enemy red at ~13:00 knowing it would be coming up. It was up so I hung around even though nobody on my team was near. I pinged my J4 to let him know I was going to make a play. I wait until the red is like 40% health and go in on Lee solo. EQ him and just start fighting a second. He smites it and my team still isn't near so I just start backing out. Thing is, the Lee for some reason keeps chasing and fighting me, so of course I just walk him to the dragon wall and ult him as J4 comes over with EQ and kills him.

I dunno if the fact that I was obviously alone at first made him think I was bluffing and nobody was near so I'd have to flash the dragon wall, but either way he shouldn't have assumed anything there.

Joshmvii on
  • GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    99lp in silver 2

riot pls

I won the next game, got into my series. Then won my first series game. Then lost three in a row ;_;

As soon as you lose if it makes your feel bad at all. Stop playing.

wbBv3fj.png
  • SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    edited September 2013
    Goumindong wrote: »
    99lp in silver 2

riot pls

EDIT: I misread that entirely, ignore me

SummaryJudgment on
    Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • RaslinRaslin Registered User regular
    Goumindong wrote: »
    99lp in silver 2

riot pls

I know, and agree. I'm very watchful for going on tilt. But really, even losing, I don't let it get to me, because I'm in it for the long haul.

Last game, we really almost lost. The enemy team was winning in every category... only very slightly, but they were. Near the end, I decided to manmode. Split pushed two bottom turrets as ziggs. We had one decent engage, ended up taking mid inhib then bottom, and took nexus before they had enough members to respawn.

Makes me really wish lol had a replay system. That was a hell of a comeback.

I cant url good so add me on steam anyways steamcommunity.com/id/Raslin

3ds friend code: 2981-6032-4118
  • spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    I tried TT after reading that

It is... very fast.

Well lost my first game in B1 tonight, for -0 lp (Since I was at 0) won my next 2 for 5 LP apiece, and then on the third one got +12 LP. Hopefully I can keep this winning streak up. I seem to have a very high chance of winning when I get jungle, especially zac. The few games I've been "stuck" with eve I've done pretty well too. But she's relient on getting fed or having a team that engages well for you to come off the side. With zac you hop in, and hope your teamates follow lol.

• Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    Going on tilt is the worst thing you can do by far.

It's like, after the game you recover from the tilt and look back thinking 'oh god what the fuck was that play'

• MarthMarth Registered User regular
    I was happy to see Galactic Renek on Friday. :)

Steam PSN LoL: SadSchaub Battle.net: SadSchaub#1357
  • EdgieEdgie TampaRegistered User regular
    Just played a game where my team spent the entirety of it arguing. First over pick choices, then over one another's LoL skills, and then finally their jobs, degrees, and military pay grade.

We lost, of course.

Playing support Annie feels like cheating. Like I can have an okay ezreal who gives up first blood to Tristana and Galio.

Then I hit level 6 and fuck you tibbers is insane so you lose lane from now on.

• JAEFJAEF Unstoppably Bald Registered User regular
    Well I mean.. you're against Tristana/Galio.

A dead rat could beat them in lane.

Yeah, but being a BF sword ahead for Trist should have made it at least not quite the roll it turned into.

• Joe KJoe K Registered User regular
    While I firmly believe that Galio has his niche uses (damn, did you just run a 5 AP comp? have you met galio?) it's always a terrible idea to run him support. it's just so bad.

• BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    Hm. I'm beginning to think that support Annie might be a counter to Zyra.

That said, I'm not really sure yet what sort of support does do well against Annie. Fiddlesticks, maybe?

• FrozenzenFrozenzen Registered User regular
    How would annie counter zyra. Zyra just roots her when she tries to go in, harasses her if she tries to build her stun stacks, and if she tibbers your carry zyra can just ewqwr on her carry and do more damage.

• RendRend Registered User regular
    Burnage wrote: »

That said, I'm not really sure yet what sort of support does do well against Annie. Fiddlesticks, maybe?

Fire is super effective against grass, so that makes some sense.

• DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited September 2013
    How sad is it that "a computer to play LoL" is one of my life goals once i move. Somewhere right below a new job and place to live.

I miss the competition. Do not miss the stress

edit: i mean to say i find it fascinating how this game has deep hooks into my psyche. something about it. even though i hate it. i cannot wait until I can play again.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
    edited September 2013
    Frozenzen wrote: »
    How would annie counter zyra. Zyra just roots her when she tries to go in, harasses her if she tries to build her stun stacks, and if she tibbers your carry zyra can just ewqwr on her carry and do more damage.

Because she's tankier, has a longer auto-attack range, has much stronger CC and winds up dealing similar amounts of damage?

"Just rooting her" doesn't work that well, because once you've done that there's a 12 second period where Annie's free to waltz up to you or your carry and hit you with a nearly 2 second stun.

Burnage on
  • Joe KJoe K Registered User regular
    Support Fiddles is pretty nasty to Annie, outside of that... maybe Leona?

• TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    Fids is apretty hard counter to annie as a support.

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular

Fiddlesticks dumps on Annie.

Annie counters Zyra.

Ok so generally Zyra (mid or adc) is countered by AoE. It doesn't matter where the AOE comes from, it doesn't matter how much damage it does. It just matters that it's AoE.

Zyra's plants have 6 hp. Auto attacks from champions do 2 damage. AoE effects do 3.

This means that any AOE cuts through her plants which are her main source of damage.

Annie brings a lot of AOE. Not only does her w do AOE but her shield does damage to the plants too. (Plus tibbers AOE).

While Zyra can still root and use her ult it means that her primary advantage is neutered

wbBv3fj.png
  • RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    Oh I fucking hope they overhaul this league system.

Win six straight games, including the first game of my promo series. Lose the second game of my promo series because Kogmaw dies and ragequits. Lose the third game of my promo series because, well, lots of reasons, none of them very fair.

I hate the promo series concept so much =/

Oh look, it's yet another weekend where EUW is down.

This should probably not be a regular occurrence.

• KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular

I want gams. :(

There's just a huge queue atm.

ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
  • AustralopitenicoAustralopitenico Registered User regular

You know, I'm fine with servers going down every once in a while. But when it happens every weekend I start to think that they just don't care and won't upgrade their servers to handle the traffic, and that pisses me off royally.

• PenumbraPenumbra Registered User regular
    I played an ARAM last night as Graves against a team that had Teemo and Akali. I bought a Lightbringer as my first item and did not feel the least bit bad about it.

I think as a team we set off maybe 3 mushrooms the entire game.

Switch Friend Code: 6359-7575-9391
  • EinzelEinzel Registered User regular
    I got to be on the other side of the 4-man vs soloqueue match for once. We were mostly just screwing around (supp nid with no wards/shroom forest) and it was my first pvp with Sejuani. I'm starting to turn onto the IcePigLady. She's so much more of a team fighter than Elise (my usual jungler).

• override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    edited September 2013
    haha jinx actually says "I'm wearing lots of belts for no reason at all"

also this is going to become every game

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOUg-amhQsE

override367 on
  • AustralopitenicoAustralopitenico Registered User regular
    I HAVE THE BEST INTENTIOOONS

• SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    edited September 2013
    SummaryJudgement (2:47): holy shit fiddles is fun
    SummaryJudgement (2:47): i've never played him before
    SummaryJudgement (2:47): CAW CAW CAW MOTHERFUCKERS
    SummaryJudgement (2:47): TRIPLE KILL

Questions:

If you do ANYTHING (including AA's, moving, or other abilities) or are CC'ed during your drain it ends, right?

If you do ANYTHING during the channel time on Crowstorm, it fails. BUT, once you teleport and it starts you can do whatever you want (aside from the usual limits on drain)

Also: Ring/2pot -> Guise -> Liandry's -> SorcBoots -> Rylais -> Zhonyas?

SummaryJudgment on
    Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • SampsenSampsen Aggressive Berserker Registered User regular
    Global execute skillshot ults are the best ults.

Sampsen_na_104_5_logo.png
    Sampsen wrote: »
    Global execute skillshot ults are the best ults.

Hey, that's what the devs intended. Don't you respect their vision?

Like the Mass Effect 3 ending was intended ;)

• SampsenSampsen Aggressive Berserker Registered User regular
    I was actually being serious, I love her ult. The animation after it takes off and the boosters hit is awesome.

Sampsen_na_104_5_logo.png