As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Interest Check] PAX '08 Scavenger Hunt

EvilBadmanEvilBadman DO NOT TRUST THIS MANRegistered User regular
edited September 2007 in PAX Archive
Announcing Proof of Concept for the Venture Brothers Scavenger Hunt at PAX '08.

VentureBros.gif

Do you:

Have a digital camera?
Enjoy awkward tasks involving nervous nonparticipants?
Routinely take perilous risks for little to no reward?

Then the Venture Brothers Scavenger Hunt is right up your alley!

This post is to gauge what sort of interest a good old fashioned scavenger hunt at next year's PAX would generate. Yes, I am well aware that it is a year away, but strokes of genius cannot not be timed in mere mortal calenders.

Participants would be given a list of approximately 50 tasks to accomplish during the show, encompassing all events over the weekend, with a digital camera as the witness for the inevitable shenanigans.

This sound at all like something you might possibly consider participating in?

Addendum: To help whet your appetite, the first task could possibly be "Participate in the Scavenger Hunt dressed like a Zombie."

FyreWulff wrote: »
I should note that Badman is fucking awesome
XBL- Evil Badman; Steam- EvilBadman; Twitter - EvilBadman
EvilBadman on

• Options
    nintendoFREAKnintendoFREAK Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Yes.

Except. I was interested until the zombie part. I'll do crazy stuff and takes pics of it or whatever, but buying stuff in order to dress up is a no-go.

It's a good idea, but I think I'd rather have it be hosted by PAX... But I'm interested.

nintendoFREAK on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    SergeantAuberieSergeantAuberie Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    I think it sounds amazing..
    But I also think you should get like.. points for completing the tasks that you DO accomplish, and then other tasks that are optional (like.. a picture of yourself with Khoo being a "little teapot," or something that would take persuasion), and.. accumulate points.

SergeantAuberie on
  • Options
    EvilBadmanEvilBadman DO NOT TRUST THIS MAN Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Oh, do not be fooled, the list will be made up entirely of optional tasks of varying point totals. Otherwise, how could you have a winner?

Also, Zombie face paint is so expensive. :|

EvilBadman on
  • Options
    RynoaRynoa Easton PARegistered User regular
    edited September 2007
    I would absolutely love to take part in a PAX scavenger hunt!

Rynoa on

www.BraidsAbound.com
    www.GCVoiceOvers.com
    Trade card with me (Rynoa, #049); Pokecrawl: Blue Silver; Twitter: muiiberri
  • Options
    KaitouAyashiKaitouAyashi Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited September 2007
    I actually remarked to my bf on Friday afternoon that there should be a PAX scavenger hunt. One item I thought of was a picture with someone wearing a Homestar Runner t-shirt. (Penny Arcade is too easy) You could also have say, pic of 3 cosplayers (double points if in a human pyramid).

Stuff that's interactive, fun, and requires you to either attend a wide range of events/areas (you can't camp and win basically) and meet various PAXers.

Cell phone cameras should count.

KaitouAyashi on
    [15:02] BigRed-Worky: i will nom all of your boxes
    [15:02] Tajah: I like you BR but I'm not letting you nom my box
    [15:02] BigRed-Worky: Did I mention I hate you all? cause i do
    PAX Twitter Shitter~*~ Retired Bar Liaison: 2nd, 3rd, & 4th Annual Triwizard Drinking Tournament~*~
  • Options
    EvilBadmanEvilBadman DO NOT TRUST THIS MAN Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    I have begun formulating a rough list of tasks, some that may require going outside of the convention to accomplish. I am also taking suggestions via PM.

EvilBadman on
  • Options
    dyaballikldyaballikl PAX Main Theatre House & Security Manager • PAX Community Cartographer Gold Coast QLD AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007
    ok, first, FUCK YES! a scavenger hunt was severely missing from 07. but it should be official, and there should be prizes. i still have the scavenger hunt list from 06 (i know, i'm a fucking packrat), so if you want to see that for ideas, i could scan it.

however, i'm not tooo crazy fond of the dress up idea, only because i'm currently hard at work on a cts costume. although, i could pull what that jill valentine chick did and go zombie cts, maybe.

[edit]btw, i know about the sony scav hunt, but it was really lame. i got 8 keys and none of them unlocked the chest, i just got that gay ass tshirt.

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
    "Riding a mongoose reminds me of having sex with a man, which is something I do frequently because I am gay!" -Gabe
This discussion has been closed.