As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Fantasy Signups Now Open [BASKETBALL]

• Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    edited August 2013
    Maximum wrote: »
    I don't know how strenuous the NBA drug testing policy is (I'm guessing "not very") but I find it hard to believe you can be using crack-cocaine for 2+ years and never test positive for it.

I'll wait until someone other than TMZ reports on it.

There are pretty serious holes in the NBA testing policy and offseason tests only check for PEDs. TMZ isn't a good source but considering his marriage to a Kardashian it would make sense for them to get the scoop on this.

Butters on
    PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    Dead LegendDead Legend Registered User regular
    Budenholzer got picked up for DUI in Atlanta

SHOULDA STAYED IN SA!

diablo III - beardsnbeer#1508 Mechwarrior Online - Rusty Bock
  • Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    edited August 2013
    the Hawks organization already have the new coach drinking

at least they may have the next Rondo in Dennis Schroder

hopefully he learns to shoot as well

Xehalus on
  • Options
    Dead LegendDead Legend Registered User regular
    Bud was like a year or two away from being handed the reins by King Popovich himself

diablo III - beardsnbeer#1508 Mechwarrior Online - Rusty Bock
  • Options
    Chris Mullin is joining the Sacramento Kings' front office, according to sources familiar with the team's plans.

Sources say that Mullin has been recruited by the Kings to expand upon his previous senior advisory role in support of new general manager Pete D'Alessandro and majority owner Vivek Ranadive.

• Options
    The NBA announced Thursday that it will install motion-tracking cameras in every arena this season to provide coaches, players and fans reams of data aimed at pulling back the curtain on what it takes to succeed at basketball's highest level.

The NBA has partnered with STATS on the SportVU cameras, and the relationship has grown from a single arena during the 2009 NBA Finals into a league-wide initiative that will be up and ready for the start of this season. The technology can monitor every move a player makes on the court, gauge how tired he is and can even keep an eye on the job referees are doing.

• Options
    ESPN is reporting that the NBA is switching back to the 2-2-1-1-1 finals format from the 2-3-2 format in 2014

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Game 5 should be top seed advantage so I'm good with this.

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited September 2013
    The Knicks fired Glen Grunwald, probably because he looked at James Dolan funny, and installed Steve Mills as the new President. One news story called Mills the "architect of the Isaiah Thomas era". The Knicks will probably hire Allan Houston as their next GM.

Goose! on
  • Options
    simosimo Registered User regular
    edited October 2013
    @maximum

so i'm guessing we're not going to be able to wrangle up 8+ for fantasy considering only 4/6 last year actually participated

but dang i'm getting excited for the nba and i think fantasy basketball is my favorite fantasy

simo on
    bugss2.jpg
  • Options
    I'm down to try fantasy basketball

• Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    Is it Basketball season already?

Fucking hell

• Options
    if someone makes a league I'm in

can't promise I won't ragequit if I lose 80% of my games, though

• Options
    If anyone got an email invite, ignore it. Apparently Yahoo switched up their registration process and the only way to invite new people to a renewed league is by email and I'm not doing that.

So, we're starting over with...

The SE++ Tribute to David Stern

Let's aim high this year and get 8 people instead of 6.

Draft is tentatively set for 5pm PST on 10/19

Any suggestions, please let me know, and if that link doesn't work or you have problems joining don't blame me. Yahoo changed all their shit again this year and I'm tired of looking at their terrible new background.

• Options
    Um... @Maximum is there an alternative to sharing all of my personal information and list of my worst fears with NBA.com to play fantasy basketball?

• Options
    Butters wrote: »
    Um... @Maximum is there an alternative to sharing all of my personal information and list of my worst fears with NBA.com to play fantasy basketball?

Go into Edit Team Info after you join and you can uncheck the NBA.com bullshit.

• Options
    Ah! Thank you.

• Options
    I can't even figure out how to delete the old league. I hate you so much right now Yahoo.

• Options
    i wouldn't mind another stat category to get up to an even 10

though there aren't many that don't already overlap in some way with an existing one

fouls maybe? or technicals, and have it be most technicals wins instead of least. suddenly demarcus cousins becomes a top-5 player

bugss2.jpg
  • Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    Everyone come play fantasy basketball it is the best game!

• Options
    AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular
    i signed up.

not because i particularly like basketball but because i am addicted to fantasy sports.

• Options
    I would not be opposed to locking roster changes once a week, on Monday.

I know we’ve always done daily lineup adjustments but I feel we might get better participation throughout the entire season if we limit micromanaging.

If anyone thinks this is a great or terrible idea let me know.

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    @Maximum of the league already drafted you can't delete, but otherwise it should be an option from the main Fantasy Basketball page.

• Options

I know we’ve always done daily lineup adjustments but I feel we might get better participation throughout the entire season if we limit micromanaging.

last year i usually did this anyway so i'm fine with it

by roster changes do you mean adds/drops or any roster change including benching/starting guys

bugss2.jpg
  • Options
    simo wrote: »

last year i usually did this anyway so i'm fine with it

by roster changes do you mean adds/drops or any roster change including benching/starting guys

benching/starting guys

• Options
    edited October 2013
    I assume it's an option in the settings somewhere. When I have more time I'll go digging around in there.

Maximum on
  • Options
    the micro involved does get tedious

but it's a good tedious that helps me keep up with every aspect of the game

• Options
    If people don't want to micromanage they don't have to but I don't think locking changes will take the pressure off somehow. Also guys have a different number of games in a week so do you start your best guys or the ones with the most games to try to accumulate the highest stats? Also micromanaging is how you win so step up your game you pussies.

• Options
    I'll probably leave it the way it was if nobody wants it. I don't mind either way. I was just trying to think of ways to keep people more involved after the first month.

• Options
    a fancy OP on how to win might work

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    HOW TO WIN FANTASY BASKETBALL:

Be me.

The End.

• Options
    Xehalus wrote: »
    a fancy OP on how to win might work

Seeing as I have never won maybe Peen or Raijin should do that.

• Options
    I'm not sure winning last year's 6 team league was really much of an accomplishment.

• Options
    How to win at Fantasy Basketball:

1. Draft stats not players; "but I love player x blah blah blah" shut it they are numbers not people.

2. Watch stats people might ignore like steals; all categories count for the same number of points.

3. Micromanage like a lunatic; constantly watch the waiver wire and read stats to find guys who are performing better than your guys. Be ruthless with your roster.

4. Never watch an NBA game and win your league anyway, it's a great confidence booster.

• Options
    depending how many teams we get, i wouldn't mind lengthening the playoff matchups, or at least the championship, to 2 weeks (not sure how much customizability is possible)

it cuts down on the variance of scheduling

bugss2.jpg
  • Options
    simo wrote: »
    depending how many teams we get, i wouldn't mind lengthening the playoff matchups, or at least the championship, to 2 weeks (not sure how much customizability is possible)

it cuts down on the variance of scheduling

We can do that.

We already have 6, so we're off to a good start!

• Options
    Peen wrote: »
    How to win at Fantasy Basketball:

1. Draft stats not players; "but I love player x blah blah blah" shut it they are numbers not people.

2. Watch stats people might ignore like steals; all categories count for the same number of points.

3. Micromanage like a lunatic; constantly watch the waiver wire and read stats to find guys who are performing better than your guys. Be ruthless with your roster.

4. Never watch an NBA game and win your league anyway, it's a great confidence booster.

Also: Draft Lebron James.

• Options
    Maximum could we move the draft back a little bit? 8pm is rough vis a vis small children, 9 or later would be perfect.

• Options
    Sure

• Options
    I just realized that I'm going to be at my brother-in-law's wedding reception that night so the time doesn't really matter for me, I'll just have to win via auto-draft.

This discussion has been closed.