As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Pokemon Thread: Sufficiently Spooky

• SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    Oh god I'm not gonna be able to get a 3ds in time to have this on release day. I'm gonna be so distraughtfor so long.

• KlendyKlendy Goomy GoomyGoomyRegistered User regular
    edited October 2013
    GUYS

GUYS

GUYS

I HAVE BEEN PLAYING POKEMON SINCE RED VERSION IN 1996 AND HAVE NEVER SEEN A WILD SHINY BESIDES THE LAKE OF RAGE GYRADOS. THE SPOOKY THREAD GAVE ME GOOD LUCK.

Picture114.jpg

HIS NAME IS HINDENBURG AND I LOVE HIM

Klendy on
    goomyisall400.jpg

• DysDys how am I even using this gun Registered User regular
    Klendy wrote: »
    GUYS

GUYS

GUYS

I HAVE BEEN PLAYING POKEMON SINCE RED VERSION IN 1996 AND HAVE NEVER SEEN A WILD SHINY BESIDES THE LAKE OF RAGE GYRADOS. THE SPOOKY THREAD GAVE ME GOOD LUCK.

Picture114.jpg

If I remember correctly, the shiny version's gonna be the default one to show up in your pokedex if that was the first time you saw a drifblim.

• Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    edited October 2013
    Guys I've done it.

I looked at the OU tier list.

And tried to find all the pokemon that didn't require any effort at all.

The following are the pokemon I found that can learn their "suggested moveset" using only level-up and TM moves, with no Dream World natures.

Gastrodon
    Jellicent
    Jirachi
    Kyurem-B
    Terrakion

Why did I do this? I am bored and I like making lists.

Complete Rules:
    No Move Tutors
    No Breeding
    No Dream World
    No Events
    No Suggested IVs (That means no Hidden Power)

Sir Fabulous on
    pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
    Dys wrote: »
    GUYS

GUYS

GUYS

Picture114.jpg

If I remember correctly, the shiny version's gonna be the default one to show up in your pokedex if that was the first time you saw a drifblim.

You are 100% correct. That is so cool!

goomyisall400.jpg

• NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    GUYS

GUYS

GUYS

Picture114.jpg

Hindenburg is a great drifblom name

• NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    GUYS

GUYS

GUYS

Picture114.jpg

Hindenburg is a great drifblom name

Thanks NeoToma

this guy is totally gonna be my fly slave 5eva.

goomyisall400.jpg

• BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    op not ghoulish enough voted 1

• fightinfilipinofightinfilipino Angry as Hell #BLMRegistered User regular
    so, uh, are there still any preorder sales on dis thing?

ffNewSig.png
    steam | Dokkan: 868846562
  • HunteraHuntera Rude Boy Registered User regular
    Man you got a Drifloom and my shiny was a Gigalith

• FizFiz Registered User regular
    There is a person who has the new game now. He is uploading pictures and videos on his instagram as he goes along. Right now, he has the grass starter in the middle stage and is working to evolve it again.

juggcat.jpg
  • KorKor Known to detonate from time to time Registered User regular
    Picture of Badge Case:
    n1Bn1DH.png

DS Code: 3050-7671-2707
    Pokemon Safari - Sneasel, Pawniard, ????
  • DirtyDirtyVagrantDirtyDirtyVagrant Registered User regular
    ITCHY.

• SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    AHH AHH AHH

I DON'T WANT TO SEE EVERYTHING YET BUT I CAN'T STAY OUT OF THE THREAD

FFFFFFFFF

• KorKor Known to detonate from time to time Registered User regular
    Picture of world map with routes:
    3c6Navt.png

DS Code: 3050-7671-2707
    Pokemon Safari - Sneasel, Pawniard, ????
  • nicopernicusnicopernicus Registered User regular
    edited October 2013
    This will be my first pokemon in a while. I played a ton of blue, red, and yellow back in the day. Like an almost unhealthy amount. I am very very excited!

nicopernicus on
  • Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    eff this guy for not grinding up his starter to third stage and then resetting and picking a different starter and doing it again

• KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    eff this guy for not grinding up his starter to third stage and then resetting and picking a different starter and doing it again
    double agree

2x39jD4.jpg
    edited October 2013
    I haven't played pokemon since Platinum (at which point I was such a pokefreak that I would breed hundreds of eggs with a friend and then we'd walk 10 blocks in the dead of fucking winter to a coffee shop and use their wifi to check IVs). I took a much needed break after playing it like that.

I desperately want to know more about the trainer customization.

DirtyDirtyVagrant on
    I am completely fucking STOKED that the fire starter is a fennec fox. This will be the first time I've ever chosen a fire starter.

• Moth 13Moth 13 Registered User regular
    I desperately want to know more about the trainer customization.
    tumblr_mu0ot1KLev1s40yj1o7_500.png

• Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    Not nearly scraggly enough for a young teen

• wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    This will be the very first Pokémon series I've ever played. Can't wait.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Rogue LemonRogue Lemon AVATAR BOX TOO TIGHT, 50 YEARS DUNGEON!Registered User regular
    Let's play: Who's That Scary Pokemon?

"Anyone who dares peer into its body to see its spectral ball of fire will have their spirit stolen away."
    "Its cries sound like incantations. Those hearing it are tormented by headaches and hallucinations."
    "Each of them carries a mask that used to be its face when it was human. Sometimes they look at it and cry."
    "It is said to emerge from darkness to steal the lives of those who become lost in mountains."
    "By licking, it saps the victim's life. It causes shaking that won't stop until the victim's demise."
    "While shining a light and pretending to be a guide, it leeches off the life force of any who follow it."
    "The fate of the ships and crew that wander into its habitat: all sunken, all lost, all vanished."

The answers... who the fuck cares! I'm gonna have nghtmares now.

Tentaclemon.jpg
    STEAM: BioSpark // POKEMON: 0303 9578 6730
  • Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    Let's play: Who's That Scary Pokemon?

"Anyone who dares peer into its body to see its spectral ball of fire will have their spirit stolen away." Chandelure
    "Its cries sound like incantations. Those hearing it are tormented by headaches and hallucinations." Misdreavus
    "Each of them carries a mask that used to be its face when it was human. Sometimes they look at it and cry." Yamask
    "It is said to emerge from darkness to steal the lives of those who become lost in mountains." Froslass
    "By licking, it saps the victim's life. It causes shaking that won't stop until the victim's demise." Gastly
    "While shining a light and pretending to be a guide, it leeches off the life force of any who follow it." Litwick
    "The fate of the ships and crew that wander into its habitat: all sunken, all lost, all vanished." Jellicent

The answers... who the fuck cares! I'm gonna have nghtmares now.

Guessing those.

Looks like I got 3/7

pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
  • IsoldaeIsoldae Hats Off To JigglypuffRegistered User regular
    NeoToma wrote: »

Those carbon fiber violins are so cool.

xet8c.gif
  • HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular
    I really hope this gen gets rid of all the bs minigames to get the pokemon/items you want. Also hope we still get reusable TMs because that was bitchin' in gen 5.

Now if the guys who own the streetbroken copies would be so kind to show the final starter evolutions that'd be great.

P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356
  • Crimson KingCrimson King Registered User regular
    are there any ghost pokemon who don't literally eat souls

• ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    What's the point of being a ghost if you don't eat souls?

• HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular
    edited October 2013
    Oh hahahaha!
    That moustache and goatee from the instagram leak is hilarious

Here it is:
    xy-leak-22.jpg

Heatwave on
    P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356
  • BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    kawaii

Oh god damn it if this current rumor is real I'm going to be so pissed:
    Charizard gets 2 megaforms from 2 megastones. One is in Pokemon X and the other in Y.
    If that rumor ends up being true I'll probably have to buy a copy of X as well. Which sucks because the current pre-order sale in AUS Target just ended today. Grrrrr!

P2n5r3l.jpg
  • King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    That Rumor is indeed true

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
    edited October 2013
    oh man that would be the dumbest thing

It would be weird to single out a starter like that and also it would kinda cheapen the story gimmick thing they are doing with
    mewtwo

at least I'm pretty sure it is a story thing

either way this game just needs to come out now so these stupid shit rumors can stop and the AMAZING shit rumors can begin

Kwoaru on
    2x39jD4.jpg
    edited October 2013
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0WCMXNZYR8

Maybe I can ask if the deal is still on since the game haven't been (offically) released yet. Still sucks

Heatwave on
    P2n5r3l.jpg
    is it really true

fuck you riptor I blame you for this shit

2x39jD4.jpg
  • OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Maybe all Megas have different forms in X and Y.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

I'm so angry about having to buy both games. I was hoping my second game in the series would be the third version. Hopefully Gamefreak's made enough changes to each version that I won't feel like I'm playing the same thing.

P2n5r3l.jpg
  • King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    You guys could just trqde for the mega stones.

You know that right?

right?

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
This discussion has been closed.