As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Did somebody say yoga? GTA V. Join Fancy Fellows and play online.

#pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odoursPope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
edited October 2013 in Social Entropy++
original.gif

Grand Theft Auto Five is a good game. You should play it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NvEp11B83wM

PLAY ONLINE WITH YOUR FORUM BUDDIES

X Box 360
@Ten - Ten0101
@Woodroez - Woodroez
@POKÉMON MASTER WT SHERMAN - IGNORANT HARLOT
@Poorochondriac - Poorochondriac
@PaperLuigi44 - PaperLuigi44
@Feriluce - LordFeriluce
@TankHammer - TankHammer
@Rankenphile - rankenphile
@Man of the Waves - BuckarooHoliday
@Veldrin - TheGreyDavis
@JMan711 - JMan711
@Abracadaniel - smart_hero
@Balefuego - Balefuego
@Pony - Rude Kitten
@Nikolai - phoberomy
@Awko - Awko
@CrackedLens - ZombieKyle
@One Thousand Dicks - CableCarrier
@Raijin Quickfoot - RAIJINQ
@Hunter - Hunter1253
@ChillyWilly - ChillyWilly27
@Weaver - weavermatico
@Clint Eastwood - Tomtomfoolery
@turtleant - antman120
@Joolander - Joolander
@Zay - Zayren
@Scudo - Scud0

Playstation 3
@#pipe - hashpipe_canada
@Maximum - Maximumjerm
@Devlin_Dragonus - Devlin_Dragonus
@timspork's ghost - Timspork
@AtomicTofu - AtomicTofu
@Metzer Meister - MetzerMeisterSE
@Mysst - Mechaphiliac
@UnbreakableVow - UnbreakableVow
@Moriveth - Moriveth
@IpseDixit - IamTetsuo
@Uriel - jarofmoldymayo
@QuestionMarkMan - QuestionMarkMan
@GRMike - GRMikeV
@Cornell002 - cornell002
@DouglasDanger - douglasdanger
@T4CT - mike_blais
@MikeLL - Zet13
@godmode - fullfathomdeep
@Adus - Adus-Aristaeus
@Silmaril - SilmarilSE
@Bad-Beat - Bad-Beat
@Artreus - Artreus
@LuvTheMonkey - LuvTheMonkey

PC
*This space reserved indefinitely*

The Official Penny Arcade Forums Crew is WANG
This is the official group made by dudes from Games and Technology. Apparently it's currently flooded with non forumers and they're working on kicking them out to make room. You can fill out a registration form and verify your legit forumer status here.

The Official, Invite Only, Social Entroy Crew is The SE Fancy Fellows
ef5e64951eea14f59c76dec3af20c6ab985e06ce_512.png

This is an Invite Only crew. Please send me a PM with your Social Club ID if you'd like to be added.
I will send you a friend request, which will have to be approved for me to invite you to the crew.

CREW INVITES MUST BE ACCEPTED FROM THE CREW'S MAIN PAGE.
Please check a couple of times before you remind me about it.

#pipe on

• UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    This is a game that I love

• knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    This is a game that I love

Mark this day on your calendars folks. You'll tell your grandchildren about this day.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    I love lots of games!

But this one is something special

It's so special it kicks on my goddamn PS3 fan just like The Last of Us did, and then I get all nervous and turn the PS3 off for a little while

• Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    sticky bombs are the best

• PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    Got gunned down the moment I stepped out of Ammu-nation, but I was able to challenge the guy to a 5 minute 1v1 deathmatch, which I won. I really like Crooked Cop (two teams try to retrieve a piece of evidence and take it to a certain point, with cop resistance thrown in for good measure), but playing it puts a serious drain on my ammo.

• PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    Got gunned down the moment I stepped out of Ammu-nation, but I was able to challenge the guy to a 5 minute 1v1 deathmatch, which I won. I really like Crooked Cop (two teams try to retrieve a piece of evidence and take it to a certain point, with cop resistance thrown in for good measure), but playing it puts a serious drain on my ammo.

I've shot probably a dozen people as they've come out of Ammu-Nation. Nobody expects to get glocked on the steps of a gun store.

Three of the twelve challenged me to a deathmatch, and I won all three.

All in a pencil skirt and stillettos.

• PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    I really want to start earning big cash because two mods that you can get for your car in Online are ignition explosives and remote explosives. They're way down the unlock list but you gotta aim for something.

• PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    I'm up to $25k or so, but I'm just dabbling and dilettanting for now. Only level 8 or 9, I think.

• AwkoAwko About to poison the waterhole.Registered User regular
    Been standing in a carpark with three other guys for nearly ten minutes now, waiting for the session to launch

• TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    I'm still not entirely sure how I place an insurance claim on my long-disappeared SUV.

I also should really work on picking out a garage.

• SilmarilSilmaril Mr Ha Ha Hapless. Registered User regular
    I hate you all. I still can't get past the stupid tutorial race.

t9migZb.jpg
    TankHammer wrote: »
    I'm still not entirely sure how I place an insurance claim on my long-disappeared SUV.

I also should really work on picking out a garage.

There's a phone number in your contacts when you have an insurance policy. The back button menu also has a 'retrieve' option if it's not destroyed.

• FeriluceFeriluce Adrift on the morning star. Aberdeen, WARegistered User regular
    Silmaril wrote: »

Same. Just keep getting "Launching Session"

XBox Live= LordFeriluce
    Steam: Feriluce
    Battle.net: Feriluce#1995
    Feriluce wrote: »

Same. Just keep getting "Launching Session"

Don't even get that far. I just get Failed to Host a GTA Online Session messages and the like, and it boots me back out to story mode. :(

t9migZb.jpg
  • JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited October 2013
    I logged in tonight around 12:30am central. That went much more smoothly.

Interestingly, I was given the option to respec my guy's appearance and stats. My second effort yielded much better results. I wonder if there was something wrong that was making everyone look like meth-heads, or if I just got lucky? I also have no idea why the respec was offered, or if everyone gets it, or what.

Anyway, here is how he looks now:

0_0.jpg

Jacobkosh on
    rRwz9.gif
    I got the offer for the respec but I didn't need it. The lifestyle bars have arbitrary points where suddenly your character's appearance is dramatically changed. It got a character I actually like out of it, but yeesh, talk about wonky execution.

• ChillyWillyChillyWilly Registered User regular
    The online character creator was too "deep" for it's own good.

No one has ever complained about a character creator that just lets you make a person look how you want them to look. I don't want to choose parents and grandparents. I don't want to split up the hours of the day to create my stats, especially when choosing those hours of the day then affect how my character looks after I've already chosen how I want him to look.

Rockstar tried to re-invent the wheel and they turned it into a square. I really don't like it.

PAFC Top 10 Finisher in Seasons 1 and 3. 2nd in Seasons 4 and 5. Final 4 in Season 6.
  • Man of the WavesMan of the Waves Registered User regular
    I never saw any options to change height or body shape, not even subtle changes.

But you can make you character's face into a punching bag.

• Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I need to hurry up and at least finish the story missions because I'm starting to lose momentum, as I always do with GTA games

• JC of DIJC of DI I think we're fucked up. I know I am.Registered User regular

No one has ever complained about a character creator that just lets you make a person look how you want them to look. I don't want to choose parents and grandparents. I don't want to split up the hours of the day to create my stats, especially when choosing those hours of the day then affect how my character looks after I've already chosen how I want him to look.

Rockstar tried to re-invent the wheel and they turned it into a square. I really don't like it.

I get that this system is a bit muddled but I have never liked the System of a Thousand Sliders, either. That Rockstar at least made something I didn't spend my entire morning with to make a character I liked is an improvement, to me.

PJWczLu.png
  • MikeLLMikeLL What it do NEPHEW? Registered User regular
    I finally got in on PS3, it's a Christmas Miracle!

MikeLL wrote: »

I got in too!. Fucking A!.

Look at my sweet ride bitches. LOOK AT IT.

0_0.jpg

t9migZb.jpg
  • ScratchyScratchy Registered User regular
    Made it past the second mission and got an infinite load but it's sort of working whooo!

steam_sig.png
  • HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of Au Registered User regular

I got in too!. Fucking A!.

Look at my sweet ride bitches. LOOK AT IT.

0_0.jpg

Your character looks like Johnny Depp and Jack White had a baby.

• ChillyWillyChillyWilly Registered User regular
    edited October 2013
    JC of DI wrote: »

I get that this system is a bit muddled but I have never liked the System of a Thousand Sliders, either. That Rockstar at least made something I didn't spend my entire morning with to make a character I liked is an improvement, to me.

That's fair. I've never been a big fan of tons of sliders, either, but at least that system is intuitive, easily understandable and, with enough options, gets you a character that meets your expectations in terms of looks and stats.

This was less intuitive, less understandable and had less options. At the end of the day, I don't really care. Once they get all the problems ironed out and I'm doing missions with people online, what my character looks like won't even be in the Top 10 of things I care about. But since creating said character has been about the only thing that has worked as intended so far, it's left a bad taste in my mouth.

ChillyWilly on
    PAFC Top 10 Finisher in Seasons 1 and 3. 2nd in Seasons 4 and 5. Final 4 in Season 6.
  • Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    i've not made much progress in GTA story

i played a little GTA online

i haven't had very much time to play the game though

poo
    my guy looks derpy i like it

poo
  • HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of Au Registered User regular
    The guy I made this morning looks like a frat douche.

• TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Is this working yet?

• MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    man fuck work I wanna play now

ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    I got in late last night and it's been working fine for me since

6F32U1X.png
  • MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    I'ma try later today, or maybe tonight

Here's hopin'!

• GrathGrath I'm a much happier person these days Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Just sent a request for this crew.

• MikeLLMikeLL What it do NEPHEW? Registered User regular
    edited October 2013
    female character online tutorial race spoilers.
    Lamar: "Let's go baby! -and...I don't mean baby in like...a sexual way...you know..."

MikeLL on
    Oh my god you can make your guns pink.

t9migZb.jpg
    Mysst wrote: »
    man fuck work I wanna play now

i knowww

and

blah i have to be out of town away from my xbox for like 4 days

poo
  • ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    female character online tutorial race spoilers.
    Lamar: "Let's go baby! -and...I don't mean baby in like...a sexual way...you know..."

Lamar is adorable

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Man of the WavesMan of the Waves Registered User regular
    I managed to churn out an actual human with that crazy creation system:

YyXXbCu.jpg

• MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    all I know is it better let me get through the first goddamn mission so I can get my fro on

ikbUJdU.jpg
  • TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    I can't get past "Launching online session" for the first mission.

Fuck guess I'm going to have to DO things today.