As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

MOTW 10/2/13 - Now how are we going to remember William Henry Harrison?

ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
All New X-Men #17 - Wherein we see what happens in the future
They finally get something right!
Hg81hyP.jpg

So naturally this happens,
tymISbZ.jpg

Shortest. Presidency. Ever.

And since things aren't already confusing enough as is:
ttuCOE8.jpg

The real future all new x-men, in the present as well.

So that's 2 Colossuses, 2 Jubilees, 4 Ice Men-- you know what, I don't think I learned enough college math to keep track anymore!

Also, in Mighty Avengers #2 - Crisis averted! What's next? Oh, Ebony Maw is doing naughty things with Dr. Strange.
And summons
Vo1Gp63.jpg

Man, New York just cannot catch a break.

• FakefauxFakefaux Cóiste Bodhar Driving John McCain to meet some Iraqis who'd very much like to make his acquaintanceRegistered User regular
    edited October 2013
    In response to Mighty Avengers #2

8t7BBAu.jpg
    Seriously, I hate seeing Shuma used so casually.

Fakefaux on
  • GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    "...the spoiled milk of dead stars"...?!

• lwt1973lwt1973 King of Thieves SyndicationRegistered User regular
    Gaslight wrote: »

I think he used Google Translate for his attack speech.

"He's sulking in his tent like Achilles! It's the Iliad?...from Homer?! READ A BOOK!!" -Handy
  • Linespider5Linespider5 ALL HAIL KING KILLMONGER Registered User regular
    lwt1973 wrote: »
    Gaslight wrote: »

I think he used Google Translate for his attack speech.

Hell, go with it. Maybe dead stars produce milk...and you can...let it spoil...somehow. And drink it. Like you do.

• FakefauxFakefaux Cóiste Bodhar Driving John McCain to meet some Iraqis who'd very much like to make his acquaintanceRegistered User regular
    I wonder how long it takes to milk a star.

• noir_bloodnoir_blood Registered User regular
    Who's the Iron Man look alike? From other scans, he seemed to have some of the same designed as Apocalypse, so I'm thinking he's the kid version from X-Force all grown up?

• BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Fakefaux wrote: »

8t7BBAu.jpg
    I don't really see how casual it is since
    the spirit of Strange's black magic teacher spent the issue losing his shit over it and Spider Hero, who apparently has some ties to magic, was getting incredibly bad vibes and trying to warn everyone that something was being summoned.

Plus the dude who is actually coming in to fight it is Blue Marvel who is on par with The Sentry and it is such a big deal The Watcher is with him.

CYpGAPn.png
  • WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    Mighty Avengers is gonna be a fantastic book and I'm getting more certain that spider-hero is
    Moon Knight

• BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    I think the three most likely candidates are
    Brother Voodoo, Moon Knight or Blade.

CYpGAPn.png
    Blankzilla wrote: »

8t7BBAu.jpg
    I don't really see how casual it is since
    the spirit of Strange's black magic teacher spent the issue losing his shit over it and Spider Hero, who apparently has some ties to magic, was getting incredibly bad vibes and trying to warn everyone that something was being summoned.

Plus the dude who is actually coming in to fight it is Blue Marvel who is on par with The Sentry and it is such a big deal The Watcher is with him.
    Gorath's whole shtick is that if he enters our dimension, we're toast. It would take a magical battle that could destroy galaxies to force him back out. Yet here he is, in the B-team Avengers book, and instead of just having the heroes thwart a plan to release Shuma, they just have him pop out fully formed.

He's not the sort of villain you punch into submission. Hell, Strange has only ever fought him two times. The first time required Strange to murder his own mentor to stop Shuma from entering our plane. The second involved Strange stealing a massive amount of magical power, chasing Shuma into his home dimension, killing the monster, only for Strange to start transforming into a new Shuma-Gorath and committing suicide to stop the spread. Even then, Shuma eventually regenerated the damage.

He's a villain who's best used very sparingly, and when he does appear it involves a lot of build up and tends to be the focus of the arc. He's not someone you have a bigger villain throw at the second rate Avengers. It's stuff like this that led to Galactus getting so painfully neutered over the years.

• AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    stuff like that and not being a joke character in marvel vs capcom?

Antimatter wrote: »
    Was Galactus a joke character in MvC? I never played it, so I wouldn't know.

• MetalMagusMetalMagus Too Serious Registered User regular
    Antimatter wrote: »

"joke" character or not, allegedly the Capcom developers are such big fans of Shuma they offered Marvel a straight up 1 for 1 IP trade if they could have Shuma.

• Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    Shuma ain't no joke in the hands of some UMVC3 players.

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    edited October 2013
    Shuma Gorath would've been huge in Japan if Capcom got hold.

I mean yeah it would be almost exclusively in hentai but hey who can turn down work in this economy.

Elderlycrawfish on
    edited October 2013
    I wonder if there's a a term for a genre of hentai where the tentacle monster violates the abstract physical representation of your eternal soul-mind, as opposed to other orifices.

Fakefaux on
  • Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    dang it, Comixology ate my Mighty Avengers redemption key

last time this happened it took like three weeks for them to respond to my email

• ZeroCowZeroCow Registered User regular
    I wonder how long it takes to milk a star.
    Does a star have nipples?

PSN ID - Buckeye_Bert
    Magic Online - Bertro
  • EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    I wonder if there's a a term for a genre of hentai where the tentacle monster violates the abstract physical representation of your eternal soul-mind, as opposed to other orifices.

Eldritch?

• Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    Maybe it's just, like, a fragment of something...?
    Shuma-Gorath was named as one of the Many-Angled Ones that ruled the Cancerverse, which was where we last saw Thanos before this storyline.

I suppose its too much to hope that there's some greater connection between the two than a quick threat for the Mighty Avengers to tackle.

H9f4bVe.png
    Golden Yak wrote: »
    Maybe it's just, like, a fragment of something...?
    Shuma-Gorath was named as one of the Many-Angled Ones that ruled the Cancerverse, which was where we last saw Thanos before this storyline.

I suppose its too much to hope that there's some greater connection between the two than a quick threat for the Mighty Avengers to tackle.

One can hope, but I'm not optimistic.

• Mego ThorMego Thor "I say thee...NAY!" Registered User regular
    It's an LMD (Life Monster Decoy).

kyrcl.png