As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Pokemon Thread: Sufficiently Spooky

• King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Fletchinder?

Yeah.

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • DirtyDirtyVagrantDirtyDirtyVagrant Registered User regular
    I don't want to evolve the fire starter past the second form. >_>

• -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    wait a second are greninja's eyes extending above its head

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    Okay. I may have spoken too soon.

I might have to pick Chespin just for his (rumored) name.

Chesnaught.

pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
  • OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    I don't want to evolve the fire starter past the second form. >_>

I kind of wanna keep it at the first. Adorable little Fennic Fox killing machine? Sign me up for that.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    do we have enough pokemon for a ninja team yet

greninja
    shedinja
    ninjask
    accelgor

am i forgetting two more

• Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    speaking of accelgor

i wonder if finally having a 3d model of the guy will make it any more clear what the hell he is

• JarsJars Registered User regular
    I think I'll go with fennekin. first time ever picking the fire starter

• AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    edited October 2013
    He knows the loneliness of running, but he keeps running. He is fighting against something in his mind, but no one knows what he is fighting against.

Antimatter on
    Antimatter wrote: »
    He knows the loneliness of running, but he keeps running. He is fighting against something in his mind, but no one knows what he is fighting against.

his body has just always looked weird to me

like it doesn't really have a bottom, it just sort of... stops

it's a crime we never got a chance to think of nicknames for the starters. smugleaf and wotter are things of beauty

his body has just always looked weird to me

like it doesn't really have a bottom, it just sort of... stops
    ninja cocoon

hey

hey

hey

if i said

"let's all install lackeyccg and the pokemon patch and play some pokemon cards tonight"

who would be with me

• DirtyDirtyVagrantDirtyDirtyVagrant Registered User regular
    I wonder what the typing on the third water evolution is. I'm gonna be pissed if it's water/dark.

I wonder what the typing on the third water evolution is. I'm gonna be pissed if it's water/dark.

i think that it's been confirmed as that

• ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    Oh man, I saw a picture that I'm not sure is true but if it is

Chesnaught's signature move is amazing
    tumblr_mu2ldgzadK1rbg91ho2_500.jpg

Greninja's is also pretty sweet
    Can't find the picture, but apparently it is a multi-hit priority move called water shuriken

I'm guessing Delphox's move is the mystic fire, but I don't know what it does

hey

hey

hey

if i said

"let's all install lackeyccg and the pokemon patch and play some pokemon cards tonight"

who would be with me

how much time would it take to install lackeyccg and the pokemon patch

PNk1Ml4.png
    spiky shield sounds like a cool idea but it also sounds like something you want high speed to take full advantage of and chestnaught does not look like a speedy fella (i have no idea how to reverse-engineer its base stats from the stats shown in that screenshot)

spiky shield sounds like a cool idea but it also sounds like something you want high speed to take full advantage of and chestnaught does not look like a speedy fella (i have no idea how to reverse-engineer its base stats from the stats shown in that screenshot)

it sounds more like a protect/detect + damage to me

PNk1Ml4.png

From the description, it sounds like Protect+ they take damage from contact

I assume it'll have priority. Basically a Protect with spike damage.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

I want to marry every Nintendo writer

PNk1Ml4.png
    Oh, I see you guys were on top of that.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    I don't know about anybody else, but I'm thinking it might have priority?

pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
    dark would make sense, for reasons that I can't quite remember

something about the evil counterparts of samurai and a dark move that referenced how they used to test their new blades

-Tal wrote: »

I want to marry every Nintendo writer
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6C8QmvcK0RA

i am in love with the idea of accelgor being an 80s style driver protagonist mixed with a ninja mixed with a bug

that is stellar

Chesnaught is moving up the ranks and breaking up my idea of an all fire first run through

Argh why is he so cool

• BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Chesnaught's name sealed the deal for me

CYpGAPn.png
    I just imagine chesnaught being all no fuck YOU and just like punching through walls and stuff and that is kind of sealing the deal for me

Jars wrote: »

something about the evil counterparts of samurai and a dark move that referenced how they used to test their new blades

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tameshigiri

the technique of the forthcoming Water/Dark Mega Samurott X

PNk1Ml4.png
    i am in love with the idea of accelgor being an 80s style driver protagonist mixed with a ninja mixed with a bug

that is stellar

and all because this piece of shit

150px-588Karrablast.png

stole his clothes

-Tal wrote: »
    Jars wrote: »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tameshigiri

the technique of the forthcoming Water/Dark Mega Samurott X

dark blade's name in japan is "blade test"

also re: spiky shield my interpretation was that it was like defense curl but also it basically gave you the rough skin ability in addition to your ability

also re: spiky shield my interpretation was that it was like defense curl but also it basically gave you the rough skin ability in addition to your ability

"protecting the user from all attacks" sounds more like, well, protect to me

either way its pretty nice

Hotline Unova

"DO YOU LIKE HURTING PIKACHUS?"

I'm sure most of you believe that we humans and Pokémon are partners that have come to live together because we want and need each other. However... Is that really the truth? Have you ever considered that perhaps we humans... only assume that this is the truth?

PNk1Ml4.png
  • BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    A Mega-Stone for an unnannounced Mega Evolution
    OUDVCzZ.jpg?1

HELL YEAH

CYpGAPn.png
    hey

hey

hey

if i said

who would be with me

well FINE THEN

This discussion has been closed.