As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Phalla]: Enemy Unknown -- OPERATION: DEVIL'S MOON Complete!

• MillMill Registered User regular
    edited October 2013
    SeGaTai wrote: »
    Currently Obi and Mill appear to be the only players outside of telephone range. Consider posting your orders at vote close? If we are going to end up with some traitor fire we need some system of keeping track of who is doing what.

I intend to share with the class at vote close. Given that we have to play telephone, it might not be a bad idea for everyone to announce what orders they submitted at vote close. It's info that prove handy later on.

Mill on
  • AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Mill wrote: »
    SeGaTai wrote: »
    Currently Obi and Mill appear to be the only players outside of telephone range. Consider posting your orders at vote close? If we are going to end up with some traitor fire we need some system of keeping track of who is doing what.

I intend to share with the class at vote close. Given that we have to play telephone, it might not be a bad idea for everyone to announce what orders they submitted at vote close. It's info that prove handy later on.

Well, I mean, you're going to see any meaningful results on the map, in all likelihood. If we shoot someone, I doubt that'll go unnoticed, movement surely won't, etc.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    I'm gonna vote for Auralynx

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Also,

where is megafrost and his vote counting?

Doesn't he usually do that?

• MegafrostMegafrost Leader of the Decepticons Registered User regular
    ObiFett wrote: »
    Also,

where is megafrost and his vote counting?

Doesn't he usually do that?

Been kind of busy lately.

• EgosEgos Registered User regular
    am I going with kime? I don't often do that!
    on day 1 i mean

buddha for reasons of........ my cat is on fire.

• vertrouevertroue I am Female Totes Not a SithRegistered User regular
    Trust you can never trust someone with the name trust

Blood and Fire
    From the Desk of Darth Vertroue Diplomat to the USA.
  • Gandalf_the_CrazedGandalf_the_Crazed Vigilo ConfidoRegistered User regular
    ~1 hour warning.

PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg
  • Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    edited October 2013
    The following soldiers have not yet submitted a vote.

Reminder, military law requires you to submit a vote.

Rookies who consistently abstain from voting will be placed into the chryssalid breeding program.

@jdarksun
    @Turanos
    @Peccavi

Sir Fabulous on
    pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
  • PeccaviPeccavi Registered User regular
    vertroue to avoid becoming a chryssalid.

• jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    vertroue for old time's sake.

There isn't much for me to analyze yet and people generally don't like me barking orders on day 1. Give it time.

• SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    jdark bark every order at me I lack the time and patience and will to figure out things myself.

I probably shouldn't have played this game maybe.

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
    This is the military, jdark

bark away, it's thematic

Vote/actions closed. Processing...

PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg
  • MillMill Registered User regular
    So I stayed put and used overwatch.

• enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    I did what I said I would. To E31!

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • undergroundmonorailundergroundmonorail single-track subway Registered User regular
    I'm at E28. I think. 5 north of my current position.

Pokémon X | 3DS Friend Code: 0490-4897-7688
    Friend Safari: Fighting - Machoke, Pancham, Riolu | In game name: Jessica
    Official Weather Gym Leader of the G+T Pokémon League. @me to try for the Climate Badge!
  • chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular

Same.

Will probably advance next turn. Unless things really go to shit, in which case, I'm dashing for the evac point like a frightened turtleduck.

• jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    chiasaur11 wrote: »

Same.

Will probably advance next turn. Unless things really go to shit, in which case, I'm dashing for the evac point like a frightened turtleduck.
    You contain that shit, Hudson.

• GrimmyTOAGrimmyTOA Registered User regular
    I took what might in retrospect have been a silly risk. We'll see how it played out.

• SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    I went to overwatch at the door corner for that NW corridor.

steam_sig.png
    edited October 2013
    Welcome to ....

!Guess!

!What!

!Grimmy Diiiiiiiiiid!!!

Here's what you know. He was at F34 staring into a window and not close to a door at all. You have no idea what weapons he is carrying. Here are your choices. Did he...

A) Jump through the glass into the dining room and then advance as far north as possible.
    B) Fire a rocket through the window exploding the cash registers and employee area.
    C) Kill a fellow soldier hoping it was a traitor
    D) Explode into a Chrysalid and give the nearest soldier a bloody, stabby hug.

You have no lifelines left and 1 minute to make a choice. Go ahead and talk it out.

ObiFett on
    edited October 2013
    ~Day 2~
    TAC: Commander, I'm getting something.  It's...well, I think it's a signal from their comms network.  It's very weak, though.  It's all coming out...weird.  Transcription coming on screen for you now, sir.

Voice 1: *Static* gs, we’re allin range of nthr. I’m *Crackle* for ease of referstence if wart passing things along *Static* -nd I should be getting should be getting should be getting ready to head in *Static* -may be aliens moving into the NsquadW quadrant *Static* -eyes looking *Static*
    Prepare to breach.

Voice 2:*Static*-eep the evac route clean. Fig*Static* watchoverwatchoverwatch watch over over *Static* horribly wrong*Static*

Voice 1: *Static*- suggggggggg e my cmo p to vuratciorent u lon, I’ll be vacating *Static*

Voice 2: Roger. Mo-ing up to F-*Static*-ppertunity

Voice 1: Can you pass on to pass on that IveaskeddeksaevI S-S-S-S-S *Static* into breach position on the doorway and get LOS *Static*-l is planning to move north tomb area? Isle *Static* supporting them, but I’ll supporting them, but LOS to the inside *Static* you gyus help need *Static-ll be close enapig to moaw in nesj turn.
    If you three *Static* planned.

Voice 3: So where *Static*

Voice 1: *Static* you’re beast bet is to A A A A A A co-ordinate with ajsnsimfipie *Static* don’t end up standing on each other, b) hug *Static* d) stay in overwatch if possible.

Voice 3: *Static*-tupid question, but how far *Static*

Voice 1: *Static*

Voice 3: nah moving up to *Static* allleien tries to falnk are sqsquad from the south.
    Voice 1: Hello, *Static* afthaer tt door go in the ce*Static*

Voice 2: Wait, *Static* four apart.

Voice 1: *Static* less find out.

Voice 2: Alright, *Static*-ving t*Crackle*ards the dooooooooooor sounds likemplllllllllllan. We canstill tak among *Static* cumbersome manner. If you *Static*-t want to tell Grim*Crackle*m something, lettel tel let let know get let ass it along.

Voice 1: Noted; realize I aan siiall talk *Static* one of us is an alllein massages will get gragbled.

Voice 1: *Static* chectheupperleftk out

Voice 2: I’ll Isle Aisle Eye’ll pass on *Static* nor sure yuor cor rorch *Static* pass on iusr convertions suuthward anyway. I agwithgree assesyourment re: the dor *Static* moving into te NW *static* the squad pivot to a north *Static* heavies stack up *Crackle*ther side*Crackle*he do*Crackle*re to*Crackle*cidentally please pass *Static*

Voice 1: Indeed. *Static* a filthy aleeen in th eswuad somewhere but *Static* gets shot in the back.

Voice 2: *Static* said along to the south. Ha-*Static* move to D and *Static* outhgh TOHAVVELOSDOWNTHATWALL. *Static*hesitant to pussssssssh u ap that flankusing flunkthe flinkoutdorrs.

Voice 2: *Static*-robably meant C and *Crackle*-sidering whahhhhht he easaid.him yet No word bac nfrom

Voice 1: That it n is preeet y muchacho hen isadea

Voice 2: *Crackle* Oops – yeah. *Static*
    Voice 1: *Static* made a shit*Crackle* I know don’t know if know we know can know talk *Static* entirrrre squad can sttttil taksn pirately (albeinanannoyinget, frustrating manner). At the very least *Static*

Voice 1: Yeah, *Static* door *Static* not to. I aslo donnant sseae a reassin torush *Static*-ut my orders in later aaiaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiaiiiiiiiaaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiaiiaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiiaiiiiiiaiiiiiiiiiii *Static*
    Pass it on?

Voice 2: Tag*Crackle* for ease of referstence if wart passing things along *Static* I’m not sire that you can reach *Static* southward anyway. I agwithgree assesyourment re: the dor *Static* moving into te NW *static* the squad pivot to a north *Static* heavies stack up *Crackle*ther side*Crackle*he do*Crackle*re to*Crackle*

Voice 2: Incidentally, please pass everything north to A*Static*

Voice 1: *Static* lonrangeggegnarnol should bee poSybil. *Static* check out the upper left.

Voice 2: *Static* said along to the south. Ha-*Static* move to D and *Static* outhgh TOHAVVELOSDOWNTHATWALL. *Static*hesitant to pussssssssh u ap that flankusing flunkthe flinkoutdorrs.

Voice 1: Sent *Static* map… can they get to*Crackle*could bse misssing something.

Voice 1: DIDIDYOU MeaN CCCCCANDDDD *Crackle* match up tiwwhtn what you said. Also, hwo do you feel about me? Heading *Crackle* front of a window window but it measnf I GAEET into TH a BuisLDin GTomROROwW. For maxiumum safety *Static*

Voice 2: *Crackle* Oops – yeah. *Static*
    HQ: Well that...I guess that's something?

TAC: Sir, we've also got some audio from the Skyranger's scanning equipment.  We're cleaning it up now.

HQ: As soon as you've got it.

TAC: Based on the nature of the comms interference, we believe it's not a problem on our end.  There's some sort of on-site device causing it.

HQ: Makes sense.  Get me that audio, now.

Day2_zps819cbbb1.jpg

---THE DEAD---
    kime -- Rk. Goya Gostitchy, Loyal Soldier (VOTE)

Players and Locations
    Assuran--T19
    Auralynx--E25
    Buddha--F37
    Chiasaur--F36
    Cythraul--P29
    Ebum--E31
    Egos--R4
    Flarne--W16
    GrimmyTOA--C32
    Iron Weasel--R24
    jdarksun--R28
    Megafrost--R6
    Mikey CTS--R29
    Mill--X5
    ObiFett--X27
    Peccavi--S18
    SeGaTai--T21
    shalmelo--S24
    SLyM--R32
    Spoit--D24
    The Anonymous--R25
    Trust--W8
    Turanos--W14
    undergroundmonorail--E28
    Vertroue--U14

Sectoid Felix--M17
    Sectoid Harold--P17
    Sectoid Todd--P15

Gandalf_the_Crazed on
    PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg
    Heh. B! B! I'll take B!

Nah, it wasn't that dramatic. It'll just be anticlimactic now (unless I end up dead in which case it'll be anticlimactic and I'll look silly).

• Iron WeaselIron Weasel Dillon! You son of a bitch!Registered User regular
    I'm next to the east side door.

Currently Playing:
    The Division, Warframe (XB1)
    GT: Tanith 6227
    I'm the guy with the really good view up the west alley. Anticlimactic. Incidentally, Obi, I sent in my orders before we had our conversation about risk.

Also, I recognize a lot of that narration from Alpha.

Judging based on the map, I'd say Egos and I are hugging the northeastern wall (R4 and R6, respectively).

Action form is open for Day 2: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1cGtO7_EI8Zkld13Ec6U4cQH3iG8RHua5WwwwE3XB4Ko/viewform

Audio log still in the works.

PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg
    I was kind of expecting all hell to break loose, tbh.

I am mildly optimistic about this now.

Good luck Cythraul. On the plus side, only Sectoids.

edited October 2013
    We can get at least five shots from cover at those two, I think?

EDIT: 7?

enlightenedbum on
  • chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    Good luck Cythraul. On the plus side, only Sectoids.

Only Sectoids. So far.

I'm...trying to upload the audio log. For some reason, my file size has ballooned far above my test runs.

Anybody know a quick and dirty way to convert a 200+ MB .mov file into something much smaller?

PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg
    Spoit[/red], for the needless antagonism on Day 0.

Currently Playing:
    Yeah, well I don't like you either, BBCode!

Spoit

Currently Playing:
    I'm...trying to upload the audio log. For some reason, my file size has ballooned far above my test runs.

Anybody know a quick and dirty way to convert a 200+ MB .mov file into something much smaller?

I assume that's too big for YouTube or Vimeo?

ObiFett wrote: »

I assume that's too big for YouTube or Vimeo?

Too big for my crappy rural satellite connection.

Ah well. You guys will just have to make do without the accompanying "HIDDEN MOVEMENT" image, I've got a ~10MB .wav file on its way.

PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg
    So snap conclusion: aliens probably don't have a kill outside the battle game?