As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Exploring the ruins of New Detroit with VBomb and The Canadians! [Giant Bomb]

• Options
    gtrmpgtrmp Registered User regular
    if anyone missed it in the Steam thread, the PC version of Bioshock 2 patched out GFWL in favor of Steamworks. all the multiplayer DLC and the singleplayer Protector Trials DLC are included in that for free, and everyone who already owned the game on Steam or activates a retail copy through Steam gets the Minerva's Den DLC for free

also, XCOM: Enemy Unknown is free to play on Steam this weekend, and the Enemy Within expansion pack is up for pre-order

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    I wonder if the multiplayer in that is active at all now? It actually seemed kinda neat.

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    BioShock 2 multiplayer was barely active when the game was new

On 360, at least

• Options
    agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
    I've got to clear out Dream Team to make room for Pokemon and co. I've got the birthday hammer and it's my legit birthday today, hope that lets me get super far.

ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • Options
    Dream Team was cool but it seemed like it took for-fucking-ever to pick up any steam, and I got tired of waiting for it

Bowser's Inside Story? Started that and it's already much better

I do really love the look of Dream Team, though

• Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    Dream Team was really clever with its combat (especially when you're on the defensive) and Giant Luigi battles are very cool, but it needed to not slam the brakes on whenever it had a new ability to show off. Through minor sequence breaking I skipped one Luiginary tutorial and I learnt very quickly what it did.

• Options
    AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    For some reason, I actually didn't realise this was the Giantbomb thread and I expected depressing pictures of downtown Detroit, in the vein of that guy who did a motorcycle ride through Chernobyl (and took those haunting photos while doing it).

The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • Options
    Helpless RockHelpless Rock Registered User regular
    I am so glad Vinny is in this Pathfinder video.

WT83sWz.jpg
    Steam: Car1gt // Tumblr // Facebook // Twitter
  • Options
    ShenShen Registered User regular
    Oh sweet, finally got my Papist PM. I've hit the big time!

3DS: 2234-8122-8398 | Battle.net (EU): Ladi#2485
    ladi.png
  • Options
    By the way @Speed Racer

Had you seen this? In regards to The Last Guardian
    Q: It doesn't seem to make any sense for it to a PS3 title so late in the lifespan. I know they have PS4 kits in their office, because I heard them talking about them...

Shuhei Yoshida: So, we're waiting for the right time to re-introduce The Last Guardian in an appropriate way. I can't... Well, the game is in development, and it's well staffed, and Ueda-san is here, working - even though he's not a Sony employee, he's dedicated to the product. But we're not ready to update yet.

Q: The hiatus that was talked about at one time, that's over now? It's back in full production?

Shuhei Yoshida: Hiatus, I never... It was Jack Tretton! He used that term, and I said no, hiatus is misleading. It was a hiatus in terms of releasing new information. The game has never stopped - the team has always been here. They're going through the re-engineering of the game, so the team size is smaller, because it's more engineering focused right now.

That...really sounds like it has become a PS4 title

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    we are pleased to announce sony's latest F2P offering, The Last Guardian

please pay 5.99 to get the XP Booster

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    3mRPkYN.png

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
  • Options
    SnowbeatSnowbeat i need something to kick this thing's ass over the lineRegistered User regular
    i'm imagining yoshida just shaking his fists in the pouring rain and screaming "TREEEEEEEEEEEEETTON!"

Q1e6oi8.gif
  • Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    I would like to point out that I cackled like a hyena last night every single time someone said "Detroid Jones"

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    edited October 2013
    Let Griffin McElroy tell you about Pokemon X & Y
    Pokemon X and Y is the renovation this series has deserved for over a decade.

With Pokemon X and Y, Game Freak hasn't just buffed out long-standing blemishes with the core series; they've also added new, welcome features at every turn. The developer is finally starting to get proactive, rather than reactive, about how they change the Pokemon experience.

Game Freak's improvements with Pokemon X and Y are so comprehensive, so far-reaching that they make previous generations — and their respective improvements — seem insubstantial in hindsight. The result is not only the best Pokemon game I've ever played, but one of the best portable role-playing games ever created.

Mr. G on
    6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    DodgeBlanDodgeBlan PSN: dodgeblanRegistered User regular
    3mRPkYN.png

this made me laugh then feel sad. I really, really want to believe.

Read my blog about AMERICA and THE BAY AREA

https://medium.com/@alascii
  • Options
    QuestionMarkManQuestionMarkMan Registered User regular
    Remember SimCity?
    Exploration for Offline Mode is Happening

Right now we have a team specifically focused on exploring the possibility of an offline mode. I can’t make any promises on when we will have more information, but we know this is something that many of our players have been asking for. While the server connectivity issues are behind us, we would like to give our players the ability to play even if they choose not to connect. An offline mode would have the additional benefit of providing room to the modding community to experiment without interfering or breaking the multiplayer experience.

Bigger Cities

City sizes have been a constant point of conversation among our players since we released the game. The game’s original design focused on the density of an intimate urban environment. It was about intercity connectivity and the challenge of managing a region of cities instead of one metropolis in isolation. However, we recognize that many players have expressed the desire to build up one big city rather than manage the interrelationship of multiple smaller cities.

We’ve put months of investigation into making larger city sizes, reworking the terrain maps, changing the routing algorithms of our agent-based system and altering the way that GlassBox processes the data in a larger space.

After months of testing, I confirm that we will not be providing bigger city sizes. The system performance challenges we encountered would mean that the vast majority of our players wouldn’t be able to load, much less play with bigger cities. We’ve tried a number of different approaches to bring performance into an acceptable range, but we just couldn’t achieve it within the confines of the engine. We’ve chosen to cease work on bigger city sizes and put that effort into continuing to evolve the core game and explore an offline mode. Some of the experiments we conducted to improve performance on bigger cities will be rolled into future updates to improve overall game performance.

• Options
    guys i'm playing the battlefield 4 beta right now and it's aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawesome

it runs perfectly on my 360, i can't imagine how great it'll be on a ps4

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    DiarmuidDiarmuid Amazing Meatball Registered User regular
    Downloading the PS3 beta now.

• Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    I have never played a Pokemon game but the fact that everyone is saying X/Y is hands down the best is making me a little curious about it.

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    My PC just straight up refuses to play BF4. I try loading into a game and I just get a black screen that says loading and I can hear a lot of explosions.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    Muddy WaterMuddy Water Quiet Batperson Registered User regular
    Yeah, I was really excited for the bf4 beta. Stupid thing won't work.

• Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    My PC just straight up refuses to play BF4. I try loading into a game and I just get a black screen that says loading and I can hear a lot of explosions.

This happened to me as well. Try updating Punkbuster, that's what fixed it for me.

• Options
    Muddy WaterMuddy Water Quiet Batperson Registered User regular
    Wind waker HD's box art is gorgeous.

• Options
  • Options
    I didn't think it was possible for Pac-Man CE DX to be better than it already is, but there you go.

• Options
    I sure would like other Namco classics to get revives as clever as CE DX

Mostly Dig Dug

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Moth 13Moth 13 Registered User regular
    Shantae Half Genie Hero Kickstarter just hit 800k with about twenty minutes to go. That lands us another bonus chapter.

• Options
    vegeta_666vegeta_666 CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2013
    I'm really enjoying watching this Pathfinder game but I sort of wish Ian was DMing instead of Rorie. I like Ian a bunch and I wish he had a more prominent role in some content. He also seemed to know a bit more about Pathfinder and I found myself agreeing with him more when he and Rorie disagreed (which happened a few times).

I am warming up to Rorie a little bit, but he still does a few things that irk me. I do enjoy his love of puppies though.

Edit: I just got to the part where Rorie apologizes for not reading up on Pathfinder enough. I look forward to next time when he has a bit more of that knowledge under his belt!

Edit 2: Oh god the V Bomb. That fantastic statue arm.

vegeta_666 on
    Sob24Nm.png
    Steam: abunchofdaftpunk | PSN: noautomobilesgo | Lastfm: sjchszeppelin | Backloggery: colincummings | 3DS FC: 1392-6019-0219 |
  • Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    Checking the Shantae page and seeing 2 minutes left (it is now over, with over $800,000 raised through kickstarter+paypal) was enough to make me drop $15 into it.

I have poor impulse control. I know it's probably going to be a good game, but i'm still waiting on Project Eternity and "one kickstarter at a time" seems a good rule to follow. Oh well.

I'm glad they got funded. I was worried Mighty No. 9 would overshadow them.

• Options
    Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    What is shantae

People talk about it like some big comeback for a series or something

Is it that or this just some new ip people are into or

What is it

• Options
    ScudoScudo Registered User regular
    Jon Bois, who does the excellent Breaking Madden feature on SBNation, has written a hilarious GTAV feature for Polygon

Opinion: How to remove all misogyny and violence from Grand Theft Auto 5

• Options
    DeMoNDeMoN twitch.tv/toxic_cizzle Registered User regular
    Good, now everyone can start backing River City Ransom: Underground.

Steam id : Toxic Cizzle
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • Options
    Vann Diras wrote: »
    What is shantae

People talk about it like some big comeback for a series or something

Is it that or this just some new ip people are into or

What is it

A charming, beautifully animated platformer series that until now just kept coming out on poorly timed platforms (GBC when the GBA was out, DSi ware 2 months before the 3DS came out)

Thankfully this one will be out on a ton of platforms and might get more exposure.

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    Has anyone else ever watched the PopFiction series on Game Trailers?

I don't like a lot of their stuff, but they do legwork on some interesting rumors from old games

The one they just put out about Michael Jackson's involvement with Sonic 3's music was interesting.

• Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    Scudo wrote: »
    Jon Bois, who does the excellent Breaking Madden feature on SBNation, has written a hilarious GTAV feature for Polygon

Opinion: How to remove all misogyny and violence from Grand Theft Auto 5

eh.

• Options
    Mr. G wrote: »
    I sure would like other Namco classics to get revives as clever as CE DX

Mostly Dig Dug
    Galaga Legions DX is pretty good.

I'd like to see Ridge Racer CE (and then RR CE DX of course), just to see what they'd dream up for that kind of game.

• Options
    ScudoScudo Registered User regular
    Breaking Madden is also one of my favorite things to read every week. Even if you don't care about football, it's worth it for the gifs.

• Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    The Pathfinder game made me really sad that they were playing 3.5 and not 4th edition

Because 3 and 3.5 are lame

as

shit

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
This discussion has been closed.