As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Puzzle & Dragons] part of the Hello Kitty Family.

• corin7corin7 San Diego, CARegistered User regular
    pslong9 wrote: »
    5 Metal Dragon runs, 1 Tamadra sighting, 0 drops. Yeah, that sounds about right.

I did 8 runs, 1 sighting no drops.

• Kick_04Kick_04 Registered User regular
    edited October 2013
    I missed my 2pm window for Metal Dragons, got busy at work... have to wait until 7pm now.

For the Sirens, if they are both maxxed skill I would keep both for now. If one is max skill and the other is not than I would feed it once I get another 1-2 Tamadra's to do the full awaking at once and get the auto-heal.... There is at least one dungeon that you can sub in 2 siren's for hearts (forget which one atm) but it takes longer to clear it. If neither are max skill, wait for 3-4 days and get some feeder food and feed the one to the other for awoken and chance at skill up.

Kick_04 on
    PSN id - kickyoass1
    PaD id - 346,240,298
    Marvel FF - Lil bill12
  • 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Kick_04 wrote: »
    I missed my 2pm window for Metal Dragons, got busy at work... have to wait until 7pm now.

For the Sirens, if they are both maxxed skill I would keep both for now. If one is max skill and the other is not than I would feed it once I get another 1-2 Tamadra's to do the full awaking at once and get the auto-heal.... There is at least one dungeon that you can sub in 2 siren's for hearts (forget which one atm) but it takes longer to clear it. If neither are max skill, wait for 3-4 days and get some feeder food and feed the one to the other for awoken and chance at skill up.

Don't use a Tamadora on a siren!
    They are so easy to level and evolve compared to Gods (impossible), Heartbreakers (sadistic evolve requirements), and 5 mil exp curve monsters.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• SmoogySmoogy Registered User regular
    edited October 2013
    38thDoe wrote: »
    gjaustin wrote: »
    Ataxrxes wrote: »
    So what's the consensus on feeding an Enchantress Siren to another for awakening versus having two Enchantress Sirens?

How often do you use or see yourself using 2 StEs VS how often would a 20% chance to not have your screen be blacked out be useful?
    To me, 2 StE subs can be useful on a healer team vs. Red.

It's not so much the 20% blind resist, but the auto-heal you get at the third one.

Oh I agree. If the question was 3/4 StEs vs awaken, I'd answer different. I haven't seen blind resist go off yet, not sure if it effects the whole board or not. The jammer resist is annoyingly on a per jammer basis from my testing.

If that's the case, theoretically you could screw yourself by jamming it so that you only had 2 jammers and then couldn't clear them. That seems sub-obtimal...
    Kick_04 wrote: »

Don't use a Tamadora on a siren!
    They are so easy to level and evolve compared to Gods (impossible), Heartbreakers (sadistic evolve requirements), and 5 mil exp curve monsters.

Yeah...but they also need Mythlits. Elusive, elusive mythlits...

Still, I only plan to awaken Blue Odin, Valk, and Byakko with Tamadoras at this point. And eventually Hades and Hera-Is.

Smoogy on
    Smoogy-1689
    3DS Friend Code: 1821-8991-4141
    PAD ID: 376,540,262

• gjaustingjaustin Registered User regular
    Mythlits are so much easier to get though.

Just run the Friday dungeon. You need red sprites anyway to get that replacement healer evolved from Eco :)

• mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    or dragon fruit/plants/seeds for the green one

camo_sig.png
    I can't figure out which monsters to use Tamadora's on. I rarely use GrOdin right now. HQP got screwed with Awoken skills.

Can't decide if should work on Metatron and healer girls or work on Dark team. The dark team would take less effort to get everything I need. Healer girls still have 2 to level and evolve first.

PSN id - kickyoass1
    PaD id - 346,240,298
    Marvel FF - Lil bill12
    well i would say if you used a grodin alot, then autoheals would be nice.

but you can always use them on monsters you use often.

camo_sig.png
  • FiskebentFiskebent DenmarkRegistered User regular
    I managed to do Legendary Flame Dragon on master and he dropped! This is only the second dungeon I've done on Master (the other is the rainbow keeper one) so it felt pretty great.

But he doesn't seem all that useful. Isn't he like the red ripper, but worse?

steam_sig.png
  • TannerMSTannerMS "I'm confidence cause I'm zerg!" Registered User regular
    edited October 2013
    Fiskebent wrote: »
    I managed to do Legendary Flame Dragon on master and he dropped! This is only the second dungeon I've done on Master (the other is the rainbow keeper one) so it felt pretty great.

But he doesn't seem all that useful. Isn't he like the red ripper, but worse?

Not quite, if you put just four million exp into him he's like a red ripper but slightly better!

TannerMS on
  • LubonyLubony Registered User regular
    Farmed 2 hours of metal so far
    52 Runs
    8 tamadra invasion
    4 drop

Woo for fully awoken Valk.

No rules or morals except those you choose to accept and live by.
  • SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    mts wrote: »

Wait, so awoken skills work with subs, right? So could you do odin/resist and heal back to 80% every turn now?

steam_sig.png
    Spoit wrote: »

Wait, so awoken skills work with subs, right? So could you do odin/resist and heal back to 80% every turn now?

Yep. Odin has autoheal awoken skills and combined with some of the healers like arcangel and you don't need an auto healer leader

camo_sig.png
  • BillmaanBillmaan Registered User regular
    edited October 2013

It's an interesting question -- if you ran with GrOdin/resist and loaded up on autohealers, how hard would a monster have to hit to potentially kill you? Math time!

Nobody has more than two "stacks" of auto-heal, GrOdin has one, and the resist leader wouldn't have any. The most you could get would be 9 stacks, for 4500 healing per turn. With resist and GrOdin you're taking 10% normal damage, so you'd have to be hit for more than 45,000 damage per turn (by a single monster) to be killed.

Of course, an Amaterasu with +99 RCV will heal for 4745 per turn, so in a perfect scenario you're actually a little better off running Amaterasu instead of resist -- now you can survive constant hits of 46,225 per turn. The catch is that you need enough HP to avoid dying outright. If you're loading up on auto-healers, this isn't something you can take for granted...but hey, if you have a +99 RCV Amaterasu, you probably also have plenty of +HP eggs lying around.

Billmaan on
    Well I ran Metal Dragons 5 times, saw 1 Tamadora and did not drop. On a positive note though...
    Who needs an event?
    430e9d7f-6240-4304-9830-33e480cad2fe_zps170e8af5.jpg
    b34975a6-c205-4bb7-ac1f-6c69509af843_zps2026058e.jpg

and while I am uploading pictures... this is why I changed my mind about Kraken on my Mono Water Team
    Screenshot_2013-09-30-17-29-34_zpsd1bcb52a.png

PSN id - kickyoass1
    PaD id - 346,240,298
    Marvel FF - Lil bill12
  • SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Billmaan wrote: »

It's an interesting question -- if you ran with GrOdin/resist and loaded up on autohealers, how hard would a monster have to hit to potentially kill you? Math time!

Nobody has more than two "stacks" of auto-heal, GrOdin has one, and the resist leader wouldn't have any. The most you could get would be 9 stacks, for 4500 healing per turn. With resist and GrOdin you're taking 10% normal damage, so you'd have to be hit for more than 45,000 damage per turn (by a single monster) to be killed.

Of course, an Amaterasu with +99 RCV will heal for 4745 per turn, so in a perfect scenario you're actually a little better off running Amaterasu instead of resist -- now you can survive constant hits of 46,225 per turn. The catch is that you need enough HP to avoid dying outright. If you're loading up on auto-healers, this isn't something you can take for granted...but hey, if you have a +99 RCV Amaterasu, you probably also have plenty of +HP eggs lying around.

Or how about dual Olin's

steam_sig.png
    what would probably work extremely well is a team like

Grodin/Valk
    4 healers with awaken auto heal

camo_sig.png

Or how about dual Olin's

Dual Odins, just by themselves, allows you to take 25k a turn.

Throw in four Archangels and you're up to 125k in a single hit.

• TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular

Or how about dual Olin's

Dual Odins, just by themselves, allows you to take 25k a turn.

Throw in four Archangels and you're up to 125k in a single hit.

With 5k autoheal and assuming everything is 99 or close enough with no +HP you got around 12k-13k HP. Just need 18 Tamagotchis.

steam_sig.png
  • 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Anyone have a Goemon I can use?

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• BullhonkieBullhonkie Registered User regular
    edited October 2013
    Anyone have a Goemon I can use?

Put mine up but he's only level 58.

And hi everyone. First time posting to this even though I've been lurking since the first thread.

Bullhonkie on
  • AtaxrxesAtaxrxes Hellnation Cursed EarthRegistered User regular
    Got my first monster awoken! It's an Ice Ogre >_<

So... tomorrow is Pengdra, Tower of Jewel, Dragon Plants, and Hera-Is.
    Athena is coming, for everyone with powerful spike teams. Not you Goemon, back to your seat!
    Free Tamadra is here as predicted. I'm most excited about Tower of Jewel because I really need to stock up on Mythlits and Dubmythlits.
    *Harvest Festival Event*
    [Duration]: 10/10 (Thu), midnight - 10/16 (Wed), 11:59 PM (PDT)

The great and mighty armored goddess Athena will finally descend, so it's time to reap the benefits of our fantastic new P&D Harvest Festival event.

■① Daily Log-in Bonuses
    1 Free Magic Stone [10/10 4:00 AM - 10/17 3:59 AM]
    ※Magic Stone will be distributed as late as 3:59 AM (PDT) the following day.

■② TAMADRA Discovered!
    [Duration]: 10/10 (Thu), midnight - 10/16 (Wed), 11:59 PM (PDT)
    The adorable TAMADRA has been discovered! Everyone gets one shot at this limited Dungeon.

■③ Special Event Dungeon Schedule:
    10/10 - 10/12 Tower of Jewel
    10/10 - Hera-Is Descended!
    10/13 - The Goddess Descended!
    10/14 - Athena Descended!
    10/15 - Hera Descended!
    10/16 - Dark Night Sword

■④ Awesome Daily Bonuses
    2x King appearance rates for the Metal/Gold and Jewel Dragons
    [We will also have a special visits from the Pengdra Village and Super King Dragons - (including an invasion from one of the Jeweled Super Kings)]
    2x Drops for special daily Dungeons
    1.5x Coins for the Weekend Tricolor Dungeon
    2x Skill Up rate
    Rare Evo Materials at the Pal Egg Machine

[Godfest info coming soon!]

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

Ugh, Pengdras, Thursday dungeon, Hera-Is, or Eco? Ugh

On the bright side, at least I know that going after Athena is a fools errand for me.

And I'm hoping the Godfest is Japanese 2.0!

• BillmaanBillmaan Registered User regular
    Athena looks absolutely insane. But hey, you could clear it easily enough with a double-Lucifer team, if you were willing to throw stones at RGG until Morning Star charged.

Athena looks absolutely insane. But hey, you could clear it easily enough with a double-Lucifer team, if you were willing to throw stones at RGG until Morning Star charged.
    Come on, its Lucifer, how could you think it couldn't clear something?
    You just need some beefy Dark Monsters to get over 100k hp for Lucifer to clear. Since they are making tons of monsters sub dark that's not an issue. Throw some Blue/Dark Odins and no problem.

In related news they are talking about giving Awoken Zeus an ultimate evolution sub dark to correct the injustice of Dark not having a both 35% gravity users.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

On the bright side, at least I know that going after Athena is a fools errand for me.

i would say hold off on the eco. you need dragon plants(flowers/seeds/plants to evolve most of them)

camo_sig.png
  • SaammielSaammiel Registered User regular
    Bummer, I would kill for Hera-Is, but I don't think I can take it with my current team. Even given that I have cheater Lucifer.

i would say hold off on the eco. you need dragon plants(flowers/seeds/plants to evolve most of them)

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking.

I already have 29 Shabos and 10 Tinys. I'm aiming for around 60 Shabos and enough Tinys to max out Venus by the end of the event.

I still have to choose between Hera-Is and Pengdras though. I really want to get a Chaos Blizzard Dragon before Ancient Dark Dragon rolls around again.

I'm at 6 Tinys and ~20 Shabos. I'll be plant farming for sure, to evolve those Shabos! Plus, I actually need dragon fruits this time since I just ulti'd puzzdroid, haha. I'll just be dragon planting it up, with some Pengdra in there as well if that's on the docket.

Smoogy-1689

i have 3 max leveled shabos and one lvvl 11 or something and only a single tiny, but i dont play nearly as much as the some of you.

camo_sig.png
    I'm just farming Heaven Sent because I don't want to play much. It's so simple to just bust out a couple 50 stamina dungeons a day - playtime is like 30 min max. I can finally catch up on The League and Mad Men!

Smoogy-1689

I want to get a Hera-Is, my problem though is I have so many monsters that are below level 50. That I need to run and level them up so they can be more useful than getting a 3rd gravity user.

I have 4 tiny's and 8 Pepen, I have been selling the others off... I thought about keeping the Shabo, but I don't use Fortoytops much and don't own a Parvati... Lakshmi is fairly useless right now to me (along with my Hermes), but I have hopes she will be getting an Ultimate + healer sub type so me skilling her up now will pay in the long run.

PSN id - kickyoass1
    PaD id - 346,240,298
    Marvel FF - Lil bill12
    so hera is

was thinking

abyss neptune/grodin or lucifer
    Hera lvl 50
    hera lvl 27 or so but have kings to boost
    StE max skill
    RK or Echinada

or something like

A. Neptune/grodin or lucifer
    Hera
    RK
    StE
    Echinada

camo_sig.png
  • SaammielSaammiel Registered User regular
    So when we get the JP Mystic Knight changes, you think Balanced teams will become viable? I have a Phoenix Knight Homura I'd like to take for a spin.

Saammiel wrote: »
    So when we get the JP Mystic Knight changes, you think Balanced teams will become viable? I have a Phoenix Knight Homura I'd like to take for a spin.

I'm pretty sure they're already reasonably viable, thanks to Zeus-Dios

Saammiel wrote: »

Balance teams are already really strong but I'm not sure PKH really fits in with the strongest line ups.

so hera is

was thinking

Hera lvl 50
    StE max skill
    RK or Echinada

or something like

Hera
    RK
    StE
    Echinada

What is your RCV there?? I'm going to say probably that team will be a stone fest for you with Grodin Partner. Haven't run it with Lucifer so someone else could probably discuss that with you.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

so hera is

was thinking

Hera lvl 50
    StE max skill
    RK or Echinada

or something like

Hera
    RK
    StE
    Echinada

I'm planning on running something very similar

Black Toydragon 35, A. Hera 50, Echidna 60, StE 55, RK, GOdin

It's tempting to drop RK for my second Hera but she's only level 6...

edited October 2013
    I'm going to add this to the OP if it isn't already there.
    Requirement chart for people who plan to use: Odin+Drawn Joker/Abyss Neptune
    P.S. these are taken from other forum, I didn't thought of this info

HP Requirement is above 10290, because Water Mech biggest hit will hit that much if he charge up+multi-hit
    Hera-Is multi-hit 5449 when you are full hp, 9085 when you aren't full hp
    RCV = 2180,3 heart+6 extra combo will heal to full hp
    RCV = 2422,3 heart+5 extra combo will heal to full hp
    RCV = 2725,3 heart+4 extra combo will heal to full hp
    RCV = 3114,3 heart+3 extra combo will heal to full hp
    RCV = 3633,3 heart+2 extra combo will heal to full hp
    RCV = 4360,3 heart+1 extra combo will heal to full hp

Typical DJ/Abyss Neptune+Odin team will have sub of:
    1. Poison or Gravity or Ancient Dragon Cannon at 4 turn
    2. 2 or 3 Defensive sub (depends if you use Neptune or DJ), can be heart maker or Delay
    3. -50% dmg (must have when Hera-Is binds 5 at first turn)

38thDoe on
    38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

This discussion has been closed.