As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Government 2.0: Digital Boogaloo

• LockoutLockout I am still searching Registered User regular
    that's a fantastic time to be smug

in my experience, when smoking there's like a one hour window max in which you are good at FPS games. you get in the flow and everything is beautiful. but sometimes it doesn't even come and you feel like a sluggish idiot all night

f24GSaF.jpg
  • KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    edited October 2013
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Brenda Barton, Arizona Representative, refers to President Obama as "De Fuhrer".
    Someone is paying the National Park Service thugs overtime for their efforts to carry out the order of De Fuhrer... where are our Constitutional Sheriffs who can revoke the Park Service Rangers authority to arrest??? Do we have any Sheriffs with a pair?

While the POTUS continues to punish the American people he keeps open his golf course, he keeps open Camp David, and he retains his and his wife's excessive staff and stable of Czars! I'll bet he has kept in service his 3 food tasters!!!
    so everything potentially going to shit = time to whip out the fully unrestrained crazy?

Kwoaru on
    2x39jD4.jpg
  • DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Zonugal wrote: »
    Wait, was this the first Halo?

Did you exclusively use the pistol?

@Darth Waiter, answer my questions!!!

The pistol was OP as fuck in Halo 1.

I used it exclusively. 8-)

JtgVX0H.png
  • ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Lockout wrote: »

in my experience, when smoking there's like a one hour window max in which you are good at FPS games. you get in the flow and everything is beautiful. but sometimes it doesn't even come and you feel like a sluggish idiot all night

I don't think there is enough liquor in the world to make me incompetent at Mario Kart Double Dash or a Mario Party.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Darmak wrote: »

I will, even at my own advantage, utilize pistols in first person shooters.

I just love pistols.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Darth WaiterDarth Waiter Elrond Hubbard Mordor XenuRegistered User regular

Darth Waiter, answer my questions!!!

Since it was more than five years ago, I believe it was Halo 2.

It was quickly supplanted in the apartment by Call of Duty : Modern Warfare within minutes of the actual purchase.

As far as weapons go, I grabbed whatever I could find; usually, the weapon was of mediocre-to-average quality since the potheads went for The Big Shinies first without regard to wasting spawns on proper tactics.

Darmak wrote: »

I will, even at my own advantage, utilize pistols in first person shooters.

I just love pistols.

I usually don't care for pistols, but Halo 1's was just amazing in every way. Out-sniped sniper rifles, could kill someone that got the drop on you with a shotgun at close range, could kill people in the seemingly invincible Scorpion tanks. Goddamn I loved that gun.

Oh, I guess I used dualies a lot in CS:S but I was fucking terrible with them and at that game in general. Just charging in every time, guns blazing and hitting nobody.

JtgVX0H.png
  • LockoutLockout I am still searching Registered User regular
    Halo 2 was more balanced than some of the other entries to the series, so if you spawned with the battle rifle or had relatively immediate access to one, you'd be good against shittier players with power weapons

f24GSaF.jpg
  • KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    halo 2 was the best because only a few maps were fun and I only played local multi at a friends house and I very quickly became familiar enough with the maps we played to look at a friend's screen and know where they were on the map

also I was big screen watching fun hitler but made up for it by being less than stellar at the shooting

2x39jD4.jpg
  • MugginsMuggins Registered User regular
    To be fair, Halo isn't a very complex FPS by any standard.

Compared to Goldeneye? Being able to aim while moving is like light years in difference.

BdVvFJu.jpg
    hey satan...: thinkgeek amazon My post |
  • LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    All this talk of old Halo has produced a revelation! I know why Halo 4 is bad!

No fucking Zanzibar

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular

Darth Waiter, answer my questions!!!

Since it was more than five years ago, I believe it was Halo 2.

It was quickly supplanted in the apartment by Call of Duty : Modern Warfare within minutes of the actual purchase.

As far as weapons go, I grabbed whatever I could find; usually, the weapon was of mediocre-to-average quality since the potheads went for The Big Shinies first without regard to wasting spawns on proper tactics.

I find that a basic understanding of general strategy and spacial relations goes a lot further than knowing that the energy sword is ridiculously powerful.

Mwx884o.jpg
  • MarathonMarathon Registered User regular

But, speaker Boner said the votes aren't there. Surely CNN is wrong, as was Maddow last night when she did a similar segment.

• KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    they should all get together and have a vote on the capitol steps

in front of all the cameras

• MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    KalTorak wrote: »
    they should all get together and have a vote on the capitol steps

in front of all the cameras
    He'll, I'm sure president Obama would let them use the Rose Garden or something. Get them all in there and invite the press.

• LednehLedneh shinesquawk Registered User regular

We should lock Boehner in a safe, right, an airtight safe with one hole. That hole has a hose on it, and on the other end, all 800k+ furloughed civilians are farting into it one at a time

Can we do that

• StiltsStilts Registered User regular

So, basically, the thing that everyone other than Boehner and his hard-line friends have been saying since the start of this stupid little tantrum is correct.

IKknkhU.gif
  • DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    Lockout wrote: »

I don't think there is enough liquor in the world to make me incompetent at Mario Kart Double Dash or a Mario Party.

Playing Mario Kart isn't about being good at racing games.

Its about screwing over the people you're racing with as much as possible.

• Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited October 2013
    i was watching fox news with my dad

they had a pundit on saying that as painful as this is right now Ted Cruz et al need to stand their ground because Obamacare will spell utter financial ruin for the united states, so the republicans are wisely making short term sacrifices for long term security

and from their launched into a story about how the democrats are decimating the nation with the shut down

fuck you you can't have it both ways, either the republicans are responsible for the shutdown and it's a noble sacrifice or the democrats are responsible and it's brinksmanship and hostage-taking, it cna't be both

Speed Racer on
  • Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    Brenda Barton, Arizona Representative, refers to President Obama as "De Fuhrer".
    Someone is paying the National Park Service thugs overtime for their efforts to carry out the order of De Fuhrer... where are our Constitutional Sheriffs who can revoke the Park Service Rangers authority to arrest??? Do we have any Sheriffs with a pair?

While the POTUS continues to punish the American people he keeps open his golf course, he keeps open Camp David, and he retains his and his wife's excessive staff and stable of Czars! I'll bet he has kept in service his 3 food tasters!!!

it absolutely blows my mind that there is this conservative mindset that STATE authorities have, or ought to have, the right to overrule FEDERAL authority

have they seriously never heard of the Supremacy Clause

• -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    die isn't even the right article it's like she doesn't know german...

PNk1Ml4.png
  • AvrahamAvraham Registered User regular
    It's not a tantrum, it's an ideological victory. They truly believe that every function of government is illegitimate except for the army and the post office, and they truly are so hostile to ordinary Americans that they don't care if safety nets or public entertainment or scientific research run out of funding.

:bz: :bz: :bzz:
  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular

it absolutely blows my mind that there is this conservative mindset that STATE authorities have, or ought to have, the right to overrule FEDERAL authority

STATES' RIGHTS NICK STATES' RIGHTS
    IT'S WHY WE FOUGHT THE WAR OF NORTHERN AGGRESSION

• Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    Avraham wrote: »
    It's not a tantrum, it's an ideological victory. They truly believe that every function of government is illegitimate except for the army and the post office, and they truly are so hostile to ordinary Americans that they don't care if safety nets or public entertainment or scientific research run out of funding.

since when do they think the post office is legitimate

it's always the first thing they point to when talking about how government should be run like a business, how the post office operates at a loss and UPS operates at a profit

• KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    louis ck just released his new special for online purchase and the website is overloaded

IT'S HAPPENING AGAIN

WHEN WILL THIS OBAMACARE NIGHTMARE END

• MrMonroeMrMonroe passed out on the floor nowRegistered User regular
    edited October 2013
    Is this the new butt stuff thread

because I was watching Netflix earlier

and I

just

couldn't

stop myself

from making those

NSFW?

MrMonroe on
  • Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »

didn't the 'states rights' side lose that war?

• AvrahamAvraham Registered User regular
    Yeah they don't like the post office, but they can't get rid of it.

I was chatting with a very conservative friend a few years ago and he said the federal government should only perform duties explicitly spelled out in the constitution - no Social Security, no safety net, no nothing, only things like keeping an army, minting coins, delivering mail, writing treaties. Everything else would be provided by the free market, he said.

:bz: :bz: :bzz:
  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    edited October 2013
    Grey Ghost wrote: »

didn't the 'states rights' side lose that war?

TEMPORARY SETBACK THE SOUTH WILL RISE AGAIN
    ROLL TIDE

Grey Ghost on
  • MrMonroeMrMonroe passed out on the floor nowRegistered User regular
    But the Post Office is an explicitly Constitutionally mandated function of the federal government.

I was chatting with a very conservative friend a few years ago and he said the federal government should only perform duties explicitly spelled out in the constitution - no Social Security, no safety net, no nothing, only things like keeping an army, minting coins, delivering mail, writing treaties. Everything else would be provided by the free market, he said.

I feel like we did that for a while.

apparently...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9J6dP09jZhQ

• DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited October 2013

since when do they think the post office is legitimate

it's always the first thing they point to when talking about how government should be run like a business, how the post office operates at a loss and UPS operates at a profit

Like I'm going to pay more so they can send me bills and credit card offers.

Dragkonias on
  • Brian KrakowBrian Krakow Registered User regular
    edited October 2013
    Uh, they seem to be doing a pretty damn good job of getting rid of it, actually. The entire reason USPS runs at a loss and is thus preparing to gut itself presently is because back in those halcyon days of Bush II Congress mandated that the Post Office must prefund 100% of their future retirees' benefits. Which is something no other organization, public or private, does on account of it being pointless and insane.

Brian Krakow on
  • WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Goldeneye."

I'd kill for everytime I lose over 40 matches in a row in a completely pitiful way, that FPS's would just load a single match of Goldeneye for me to RAMPAGE all these kids on, sigh, Goldeneye was probably the last time I was good at FPS, but man, I was SO GOOD.

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    I never really considered myself good at goldeneye, but I played a lot with my friends who were, and it made me better than average.

One day I was at another friend's house and they had the '64 out and the cartridge was in so I suggested a round or two before we went out. I was told "lookout, Cam and Brent are pretty good."

I first started to think they might not be that good when they saw me go into the options and turn off the auto aim asking why on earth I would do that.

The second clue came when I was strictly told, you can't choose oddjob. So I asked if anyone else was banned and was told no. So I chose the third last scientist from the end. As she was as short as oddjob and slightly skinnier. They didn't know that though.

The game itself was library first to ten kills free for all. I won that with ease with the nearest competitor being at four kills.

The next time they decided something was up. So someone demanded it was everyone against me. I said fine as long as I could choose the weapon set and the location. So it was temple and lasers. They complained because "lasers are weak"

What they didn't know was that lasers negated body armour, and a single headshot with the laser will kill you. They didn't use the lasers. I did.

I won 10 to 1

We stopped playing after that.

Blake T wrote: »
    I never really considered myself good at goldeneye, but I played a lot with my friends who were, and it made me better than average.

One day I was at another friend's house and they had the '64 out and the cartridge was in so I suggested a round or two before we went out. I was told "lookout, Cam and Brent are pretty good."

I first started to think they might not be that good when they saw me go into the options and turn off the auto aim asking why on earth I would do that.

The second clue came when I was strictly told, you can't choose oddjob. So I asked if anyone else was banned and was told no. So I chose the third last scientist from the end. As she was as short as oddjob and slightly skinnier. They didn't know that though.

The game itself was library first to ten kills free for all. I won that with ease with the nearest competitor being at four kills.

The next time they decided something was up. So someone demanded it was everyone against me. I said fine as long as I could choose the weapon set and the location. So it was temple and lasers. They complained because "lasers are weak"

What they didn't know was that lasers negated body armour, and a single headshot with the laser will kill you. They didn't use the lasers. I did.

I won 10 to 1

We stopped playing after that.

One of my friends was average at that game until he'd suggest Golden Gun mode, where one person gets the golden gun and everyone else has to try and kill them to take it away. Then he was an unstoppable killing machine, whether he had the golden gun or not. If he had it, you couldn't kill him. If he didn't have it, he soon would. It was like watching a wizard work.

JtgVX0H.png
    Facility , Proximity Mines, GO GO

• KanaKana Registered User regular
    Uh, they seem to be doing a pretty damn good job of getting rid of it, actually. The entire reason USPS runs at a loss and is thus preparing to gut itself presently is because back in those halcyon days of Bush II Congress mandated that the Post Office must prefund 100% of their future retirees' benefits. Which is something no other organization, public or private, does on account of it being pointless and insane.

Spoiler Alert:

The Republican Party doesn't actually give a shit about the constitution.

They don't actually care about small government either.

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
    Kana wrote: »

Spoiler Alert:

The Republican Party doesn't actually give a shit

fixed?

This discussion has been closed.