As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[BSG:BG] Daybreak Game 1 - Game Over

• MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    Turn 27: Helena Cain (Professor Phobos)

Movement Step: Professor Phobos remains at Main Batteries.
    Action Step: Professor Phobos plays Leadership 6 - State of Emergency. -1 Food, but all players gain one movement or action, starting with Professor Phobos:

Helena Cain (Professor Phobos) - Play Leadership 2 - Executive Order on D'Anna Biers (Kaneski). (Current Step)
    D'Anna Biers (Kaneski) -
    Sherman "Doc" Cottle (Cutfang) -
    Romo Lampkin (blahmcblah) -
    Gaius Baltar, Daybreak ver. (Phyphor) -
    Louanne "Kat" Katraine (Grunt's Ghosts) -
    Lee Adama, Daybreak ver. (Tenek) -

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    I was going to yeah - last ditch hope for jump in and a raider activation before a jump prep, but not now, esp if you come back we can force raider activations post-jump

I'm leaning towards coming back, unless you think you can beat a brig/airlock check. While its amusing to make them waste the cards, the extra cylon turn would help

Also, if you draw a good sc initially, you might want to use the soe to move so you can draw another card next turn

Actually, if I jump our fleet in and you come back and activate raiders, we can destroy 6 civilians

• KaneskiKaneski Registered User regular
    Ok... lets say I miracle/super, you fiddle with pursuit and fleet jumps in. On my turn, I can activate fleet and just... annihilate the civilians, and probably have enough leftover to take a few shots at galactica. If jumptrack on Cain's crisis - Doc will FTL them out. Romo's turn... guaranteed pursuit. Your turn - jump/pursuit and more raiders... Kat's, Adama's and Cain's.

This means they have Doc's, Romo's, Kat's, Adama's and Cain's crisis to get 3 advances. Worst (for us) scenario - they get 3 by the time it's Kat's crisis, and Adama FTLs out just as the fleet jumps in. Statistical scenario (60% of crisis have jump track?) - they get their 3rd jump track on Cain's crisis, and I get to mess with them too...

So yeah - I'm leaning towards coming back as well. My semi-secret plan was to double-demetrius treachery, keep at least 1 pilot in the brig; on my turn - draw 2 engineering and then scientific research an airlock check on the brigged pilot. 50/50 chance of getting our 3rd Cylon buddy. If it weren't for the damn 1-distance crisis, I TOTALLY would do this, because I'd have time to recover.

edited October 2013
    Phyphor wrote: »
    Actually, if I jump our fleet in and you come back and activate raiders, we can destroy 6 civilians

7, if you force CAG to place one.

Edit: nope, I'm wrong. We need raiders in Starboard-Quarter.

Kaneski on
  • TenekTenek Registered User regular
    I'm not a pilot!

Alright, let's do it - plan is come back, fiddle with pursuit and then see what happens for my turn...

XO Action 1 - use Miracle ability to draw 2 Super Crisis cards
    XO Action 2 - use general ability to look at one of Kat's loyalty cards (curious) and stop infiltrating

Waiting on SC cards before taking SoE action...

• blahmcblahblahmcblah You pick your side and you stick - you don't cut and run when things get ugly. Registered User regular
    Tenek wrote: »
    I'm not a pilot!

Well, you can pilot a viper/assault raptor, so for that purpose, you are.

I'm not a pilot!

I know sexy... I totally was going to throw you out the airlock though. Your ability is too powerful to leave alone. It's ok, I'm going to Baltar now...

• AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    As an outsider who has been watching this game since post one, may I just say...

Damn.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
    What does he have that I don't? Is it the hair?

edited October 2013
    I'm thinking how this stack's up against @jdarksun StratPlan nuke-civs reveal. That one was kind of handed to him - I had to work for this one :D 'Best Cylon dick move' should totally be a forum trophy to aspire to.

Kaneski on
    Also keep in mind that the average resource loss in 6 civvies is 6 pop, 0.5 morale and fuel - they only have 9 pop left and so might not want to risk jumping at -3 when they only have (expected value of) 3

Sadly, the maximum pop amount is 8 so it won't be a game-winning move, but it will definitely hurt

What does he have that I don't? Is it the hair?

The suaveness.

What's the worst that could happen if you date me? Tell her, Dee! ...

Ok, I have a discard crisis and an OK crisis. Decent, but not worth an extra skill card.

State of Emergency action - Activate Resurrection Ship to draw a SuperCrisis card

Kaneski wrote: »
    I'm thinking how this stack's up against @jdarksun StratPlan nuke-civs reveal. That one was kind of handed to him - I had to work for this one :D 'Best Cylon dick move' should totally be a forum trophy to aspire to.

I don't know, my human admiral executed into cylon admiral (by the cylon leader) and then jump/nuke/reveal was pretty good. Ended up costing the humans a dozen resources

What would you have done otherwise? Not a whole lot of choices there...

I don't know, my human admiral executed into cylon admiral (by the cylon leader) and then jump/nuke/reveal was pretty good. Ended up costing the humans a dozen resources

Guess it all depends on your roll for pursuit, Cain's Crisis and my 3rd SuperCrisis. Shot at the gold here :)

@Cutfang is next to take his SoE movement or action.

Do you mean in terms of... Phobos' action?

Basically if you draw fire all missiles we win if you get another turn

edited October 2013
    Basically if you draw fire all missiles we win if you get another turn

Only if Cain's crisis activates raiders AND you jump the cylons in. Not to mention the pilots have yet to use any of their high-value piloting cards, and if Cain didn't draw a scout, that means higher-value tactics...

EDIT: right, you meant around the carousel? Maybe. There's a decent chance it won't get to me.

Kaneski on
    Turn 27: Helena Cain (Professor Phobos)

Action Step: Professor Phobos plays Leadership 6 - State of Emergency. -1 Food, but all players gain one movement or action, starting with Professor Phobos:

Helena Cain (Professor Phobos) - Play Leadership 2 - Executive Order on D'Anna Biers (Kaneski). For his first action, Kaneski uses his miracle ability to draw two Super Crisis Cards. For his second action, Kaneski uses his general ability to peek at one of Louanne "Kat" Katraine's Loyalty cards, then moves to the Resurrection Ship.
    D'Anna Biers (Kaneski) - Activate the Resurrection Ship, drawing a Super Crisis Card.
    Sherman "Doc" Cottle (Cutfang) - (Current Step)
    Romo Lampkin (blahmcblah) -
    Gaius Baltar, Daybreak ver. (Phyphor) -
    Louanne "Kat" Katraine (Grunt's Ghosts) -
    Lee Adama, Daybreak ver. (Tenek) -

Admiral Cain calls for a red alert, readying the fleet to engage with the incoming Cylon threat. With klaxons blaring around her, D'Anna decides it to be a good time to retreat back to the Cylons' fleet and readies plans to strike at the humans.

4463rwiq7r47.png

Yours. What were you going to do other than draw a super crisis?

Cottle, maybe you can draw some Ldr from one of us and XO on your turn.

Yours. What were you going to do other than draw a super crisis?

Oh, given that I'll only get to play 1 super crisis, the alternative was to get off Resurrection ship, and get a second skill card on my turn. Drop in the ocean, but every bit helps.

• jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    Guess it all depends on your roll for pursuit, Cain's Crisis and my 3rd SuperCrisis. Shot at the gold here :)
    8->

MrBlarney, does GG know which loyalty card I peeked at?

Yes, that information was sent to him.

4463rwiq7r47.png
    Maaaagnificent.

• Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    Why are you looking at me in the shower?

• CutfangCutfang Dancing Bagel WalessssssssRegistered User regular
    Action - Treatment on Professor Phobos, drawing 2 leadership

Dancing Bagel
    Cards have been sent. While Cutfang decides what cards to pass to Professor Phobos, I think we can move on to the next person in order, which will be blahmcblah.

4463rwiq7r47.png
    Come on, good quorum draw...

• CutfangCutfang Dancing Bagel WalessssssssRegistered User regular
    Cards sent

Dancing Bagel
    edited October 2013
    "Play Quorum Card - Screw Cylons: Place this card next to the Kobol objective. This card counts as 2 distance."

Kaneski on
  • blahmcblahblahmcblah You pick your side and you stick - you don't cut and run when things get ugly. Registered User regular
    Everyone thinks quorum is the best option right now?

Yeah, it probably is. Activate Quorum Chamber.

Play Consult the Oracle, look at the bottom card of the destination deck. I'm curious about what Phobos put there.