As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Suggestion: Zoom on iOS?

SpaffySpaffy Fuck the ZeroRegistered User regular
The forum is amazingly intuitive on Apple devices. The only trouble I have is hitting the tiny little numbers that represent a thread list / pages of a thread. Is / will zooming be possible?

ALRIGHT FINE I GOT AN AVATAR
Steam: adamjnet

• Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    Or just make the numbers bigger!

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Spaffy wrote: »
    The forum is amazingly intuitive on Apple devices. The only trouble I have is hitting the tiny little numbers that represent a thread list / pages of a thread. Is / will zooming be possible?

Pinch to zoom works just fine for me.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    SpaffySpaffy Fuck the Zero Registered User regular
    knitdan wrote: »
    Spaffy wrote: »

Pinch to zoom works just fine for me.

Are you looking at the desktop version? (iPad just shows the normal forums, there's a special we app for iPhone).

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    I guess that might be what I'm doing. I've never used an app for the forums.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    XaviarXaviar Registered User regular
    Or at the very least, just make the current page number unclickable, so I only have to worry about fat-fingering to one side of the number I actually want to hit.

• Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    I don't think there's an app... there's just a mobile friendly version of the site for phones.

• Options
    Ya sorry, mobile friendly version.

• Options
    ronzoronzo Registered User regular
    Would this be a good place to talk about other issues/annoyances with the mobile version of the site on iPhone, or would it be better to start another thread for them?

• Options
    FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    The only issues I can think of re: the mobile version of the forum are the size of the page numbers and that there is no way to access your favorites (that I'm aware of).

• Options
    ronzoronzo Registered User regular
    There's also the "snap back" thing when the page completely finishes loading. I mean, fully loading the page only takes a couple of seconds, but if you start scrolling before then, it's going to yank you back up to the load point.

Also, in regards to the zoom, the behavior of the web version going from portrait to landscape on an iPhone is very odd. It doesn't maintain the same level of zoom, so when you flip into landscape, you won't be at the same point in a thread and the text is larger so you actually see less overall

Just my two cents about things that bug my on the web version. Pretty much everything else is great

• Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Fawst wrote: »
    The only issues I can think of re: the mobile version of the forum are the size of the page numbers and that there is no way to access your favorites (that I'm aware of).

You can access your favorites/bookmarks just fine if you have the link (http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussions/bookmarked). There's just no way to actually get there without already knowing that.

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    I feel a little bad for starting this thread now. The mobile site is awesome!