As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Steam Thread buys games, sometimes plays them

• MudzgutMudzgut OhioRegistered User regular
    How, how do I break myself away from my tiny little Minecraft: Feed The Beast server and get into my backlog again?
    What is a shorter game I own that could be completed in an evening or two?

steam_sig.png

Twitch/Mudzgut
    Fall down seven times. Stand up eight.
  • 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    GIVEAWAY!

signature.png

This game is pretty great, although the learning curve is comparable to EVE Online. G&T Adventure Team only.

Standard warning that once you do learn how to play, you won't want to do anything else. Think of that one more turn syndrome from Civ, except there are no turns, so you just play forever...

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    Loading...?

Enjoy. : )

edit: forgot to mention the key is Mafia 2 : P

Thanks! I've never seen Goodfellas, so I figure this will save me time.

Be warned, the game tracks how much time you spend looking at Playboys.

Further warning, the playboys will make you realize how drastic a turn american culture has taken when it comes to the female form and you may get nostalgic for days gone by.

• DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    Thanks @Descendant X for the out-of the blue gift of Knights of Pen and Paper.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • Descendant XDescendant X Skyrim is my god now. Outpost 31Registered User regular
    AND ANOTHER BUNCH OF 'EM!

signature.png

signature.png

signature.png

signature.png

Giveaways end Saturday. Good luck everyone!

Garry: I know you gentlemen have been through a lot, but when you find the time I'd rather not spend the rest of the winter TIED TO THIS FUCKING COUCH!
  • jclastjclast Registered User regular
    Mudzgut wrote: »
    How, how do I break myself away from my tiny little Minecraft: Feed The Beast server and get into my backlog again?
    To The Moon
    Papo y Yo
    Costume Quest
    Bit.Trip Runner
    Anomaly 2

You show 0 hours in all of these. Of the 5, it's October and you own Costume Quest. Get on it!
    Also, how do you own HL2 and both episodes with no time in any of them? Play HL2 so that you can then play Ep 1 and love it like I do.

camo_sig2.png
  • John ZoidbergJohn Zoidberg Registered User regular
    Enslaved: Odyssey to the West is coming to PC later this month.

This makes me pretty happy.

Xbox Live: Ink Pouch / PSN: Stiff_Ninja / Origin: PAZoidberg / Steam
  • MudzgutMudzgut OhioRegistered User regular
    jclast wrote: »
    Mudzgut wrote: »
    To The Moon
    Papo y Yo
    Costume Quest
    Bit.Trip Runner
    Anomaly 2

You show 0 hours in all of these. Of the 5, it's October and you own Costume Quest. Get on it!
    Also, how do you own HL2 and both episodes with no time in any of them? Play HL2 so that you can then play Ep 1 and love it like I do.

Excellent. I'll try to break myself away from things and work on those. Costume Quest does make good sense based on the month.

HL2 is an interesting tale. The quick version is that I made a Steam account when I bought The Orange Box, played HL2 and then wandered from PC gaming for awhile. When I came back, I ended up forgetting I had that account and made a new Steam account. Later on when I tried to reinstall, I learned this and had support merge my accounts only to run off to other games again. So while I played HL2, I have not replayed it to get to the episodes since the merge and need to do that.

I get very weird with games. Sometimes a game can sink its claws in and I'm in it until the end and beyond. Other times I'll play a lot of a game, but get distracted easily and finish it later by playing off/on. Right now, with Feed The Beast, Minecraft has its claws in me and periodically I sneak out to play some Pinball and such. That's why I asked for some shorter games to break the cycle a bit here and there.

steam_sig.png

Twitch/Mudzgut
    Fall down seven times. Stand up eight.
  • ExcisionExcision Old Sport Registered User regular
    CroakerBC wrote: »
    Looks like the new IndieGala has got the lead out.
    Staazius and a couple of other bits for $1
    Included for $5 - Fairy Bloom Freesia, Two Worlds II + DLC, Gorky 17, Knights of Pen and Paper, Ether Vapor Remastered (which I think got the @Drake seal of approval a while back?) and frickin' Crusader Kings II.

Go now, and get CKII for $5. And the other stuff. (Looks like it's $5 for the next 8 hours)

Satazius and Ether Vapor are both great SHMUPS.

Satazius is more old school. Ether Vapor has some newer interesting game-play elements.

I recommend both.

steam_sig.png
  • cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    edited October 2013
    Loading...?

@tacticalheadache The code was already used.

edit: It's not that big of a deal, I don't NEED to play Mafia 2. I'm just letting you know in case you want your money back.

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • tacticalheadachetacticalheadache Registered User regular
    Loading...?

@tacticalheadache The code was already used.

Oops. I'll PM you the code.

• dav3ybdav3yb Registered User regular
    So I'm probably pretty late to the ftl camp, but how do I get more ships? Still haven't killed the main rebel fleet guy yet, and I keep getting screwed on those places you can help out at by sending away teams and my already small crew gets killed off.

I'd like to try more drone stuff soon, seems like those would be fun.

PSN: daveyb1337 || XBL: dav3yb360 || Steam: dav3yb || Switch: SW-5274-1897-8495 || 3DS FC: 2079-7419-8843
    Startopia just appeared on the store.

Steam sure is taking me on a nostalgia trip lately and I am loving it.

• SumanaiSumanai muh PTRegistered User regular
    dav3yb wrote: »
    So I'm probably pretty late to the ftl camp, but how do I get more ships? Still haven't killed the main rebel fleet guy yet, and I keep getting screwed on those places you can help out at by sending away teams and my already small crew gets killed off.

Every new ship unlocks in a different way. I think the easiest one to unlock is the Engi Cruiser by reaching sector 5. The second layout for ships unlocks by completing achievements from the first layout. You can see how to unlock each ship here: http://ftl.wikia.com/wiki/Ships

camo_sig2.png
  • HeirTransparentHeirTransparent ... Registered User regular
    edited October 2013
    dav3yb wrote: »

New ships unlock from certain events or achievements. For instance, reaching the fifth sector unlocks the Engi ship.
    Each of the ships has achievements that you can try to get during a single run. Getting two of the three achievements on a ship gets you an alternative layout of that ship.

You can read all the details (with mild spoilers) at http://ftl.wikia.com/wiki/Ships.

Edit: Golly, ninja'd again :)

HeirTransparent on
    steam_sig.png
  • DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    Enslaved: Odyssey to the West is coming to PC later this month.

This makes me pretty happy.

Opinions on the game were pretty divided, but I enjoyed it.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    Startopia just appeared on the store.

Steam sure is taking me on a nostalgia trip lately and I am loving it.

Wait what.

Holy shit why do I have no money about now. Fuck.

• TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    STARTOPIAAAAAAAAAAAAA

If you buy Startopia, check out this website.

Sure, most of these old games are probably available elsewhere, such as GOG for example, but Steam is the thing I check most often so seeing all these oldies pop up is pretty cool.

Also, that free to play game that just popped up: Tactical Intervention is supposed to be fairly bad.

However the PC gamer review did mention one redeeming factor:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ir6bs2Ix6RM

• ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    edited October 2013
    GIVEAWAY!

signature.png

This game is pretty great, although the learning curve is comparable to EVE Online. G&T Adventure Team only.

It does have a learning curve, but it also has a really, really friendly and supportive group of players who will ease you in to marrying and assassinating your way to world domination.

EDIT: Fixed for more accurate CK2-ism.

Elvenshae on
  • Werewolf2000adWerewolf2000ad Suckers, I know exactly what went wrong. Registered User regular
    Groupees has a new Build a 1c mega bundle up, with a bunch of Steam-redeemable stuff: Theatre of War, Men of War, King's Bounty, Star Wolves, UFO Afterlight...

Here's a code for Men of War: Red Tide:

Loading...?

steam_sig.png
    EVERYBODY WANTS TO SIT IN THE BIG CHAIR, MEG!
  • bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    edited October 2013
    You know what FTL needs?
    xQaKf3I.png?1

bloodatonement on
    Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
    Groupees has a new Build a 1c mega bundle up, with a bunch of Steam-redeemable stuff: Theatre of War, Men of War, King's Bounty, Star Wolves, UFO Afterlight...

Here's a code for Men of War: Red Tide:

Loading...?

Always being curious about this so grabbed it. Thank you.

• slappybagslappybag Local Badass Minnesota, USARegistered User regular
    slappybag wrote: »
    Just got 100% in Hitman Absolution, what should I try to get all the achievs in next?

To the Moon.

duke nukem forever it is

• KiasKias Registered User regular
    Steam is just pressing all the right buttons with this massive influx of independent and older games. There were always a few Desura titles that looked interesting, but I just didn't feel like messing with it. That is no longer a problem.

Which, is sort of a new problem. I still haven't played half my games. Hell, I just played Blood Bowl for the first time a week or two ago (its great, btw).

steam_sig.png

• FremFrem Registered User regular
    CroakerBC wrote: »
    Looks like the new IndieGala has got the lead out.
    Staazius and a couple of other bits for $1
    Included for $5 - Fairy Bloom Freesia, Two Worlds II + DLC, Gorky 17, Knights of Pen and Paper, Ether Vapor Remastered (which I think got the @Drake seal of approval a while back?) and frickin' Crusader Kings II.

Go now, and get CKII for $5. And the other stuff. (Looks like it's $5 for the next 8 hours)

Fairy Bloom Freesia is great. I'd never seen it before it popped up in a random bundle, but it feels a lot like 100 man melee from Smash Bros.

The campaign is kind of short and has too many unnecessary cutscenes, but it's really just training for Guardian mode, a New Game+ type thing that turns the difficulty up and increases the number of enemies in each stage by a lot. You thought that enemy was bad when there was only one of them at a time? Now there's three.

• HeirTransparentHeirTransparent ... Registered User regular
    edited October 2013
    So many surplus keys. You guys know anyone that likes Steam keys?

Loading...?

This one's for Unstoppable Gorg.

EDIT: I can't pass up an opportunity to post their amazing trailer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0LrA4KY9_Y

HeirTransparent on
    steam_sig.png
  • BroncbusterBroncbuster Registered User regular
    Family Sharing Beta Get! I'll be out of town all weekend too! So, who wants to borrow my library?!

steam_sig.png
    Origin: Broncbuster
  • Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    Watching the Quick Look of Cook, Serve, Delicious. Yeah, I think I'll be getting that.

• starmanbrandstarmanbrand Registered User regular
    I own nothing in the capcom action back. WORTH IT? Or wait? Would probably pick up lost planet lsot colonies, too. I've never played any of it except for SFIV. Is that a good version in the bundle or is it dlc gimped?

camo_sig2.png
  • cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    I also just got into the beta for family sharing, so...that's cool, I guess.

Wasn't the (codes) function on the forum supposed to hold the code takers accountable? Like, it'd let people know who took them?

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • LanrutconLanrutcon The LabyrinthRegistered User regular
    Guys, the Capcom bundle is a trap.

20 dollars for RE6 is a crime against humanity.

Capture.jpg~original
    Currently playing: GW2 and TSW
  • RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    @Reynolds gave me a Warframe code yesterday and I thank him today

• Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    The two Bionic Commando games are pretty tempting at that price too.

• mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    edited October 2013
    saw a trailer for a Strider remake. i hope that comes to PC since i spent huge amounts of time on that game

also i am super tempted to pick up AC3 since I just finished my first round of faculty applications and i know all my letters of ref are in

mts on
    camo_sig.png
    3 lots of Snow on the store page.

Half-Life 3 confirnnnaaaaahhhhh.

• KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    That capcom action pack is kinda tempting. I do want RE6, but not for $20. I'm waiting for that RE revelations sale.

Lost Planet 3 is tempting but probably going to bite on that come winter time.

Argh Dragon Commander on sale. Why now of all times.

This is the worst, Steam is mocking me now.

In other news. Tactical Intervention is a kind of bad game with a bad free to play model.

However you should all try it, because it's got quite a few cool ideas, also because one game mode is a like if Micheal Bay directed Mario Kart and it's glorious.

This discussion has been closed.