As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Steam Thread buys games, sometimes plays them

• The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    "19 items complete"

Anyone else get a flood of 0byte updates for random games?

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    "19 items complete"

Jamestown and PAA:OTRSPOD4

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    A bunch of stuff.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
    $1.25 Jet Set Radio Steam codes.

Also, what is the current preferred method for moving (and still being able to run) a game to an external HD?

Steam Mover?

Ok, I thought Steam had integrated something, but I guess not.

At install you can pick a location, but once it's there it's there.

Unless you just drag it to the external then reinstall it from there. But once it's installed already, Steam Mover is your best bet.

steam_sig.png

• BeryllineBerylline One Tiara to rule them all Registered User regular
    I haven't seen anyone try it yet, but a thought occurred to me. When using the [ codes] tag, you could put secret messages in there, which the person would then PM back to you for their prize. Nobody would know what the messages were except for the person posting and the person that received that message by clicking on the codes tag. This would let you gift out inventory items or other things instead of just keys, which is nice.

This way, you would also get to see the forumer who's getting the prize. You could veto them if they're not active Steam threaders (if you were so inclined). I've had a couple of hit-and-runs on my codes tags, which I'm not super upset about but you know, it's sort of disappointing.

Example (I like haiku):

[ codes]
    Over the wintry
    forest, winds howl in rage
    with no leaves to blow.
    [ /codes]

Three people would then PM you the three lines of the haiku, and you could dispense prizes however you want: first come first served from a selection, certain lines correspond to certain prizes, or whatever.

I did this a few days ago with a FFVII giveaway and it worked really well. It was a game in my steam gifts inventory and if there's a way to get a code from a game there, I don't know it. I kept it simple with just one secret code phrase (which I had fun coming up with), but I like the idea of getting more creative with it and using multiple codes!

• vegeta_666vegeta_666 CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2013
    "19 items complete"

I had 27 games update, ranging from 0 bytes to 1.6kb. Odd.

vegeta_666 on
    Sob24Nm.png
    Steam: abunchofdaftpunk | PSN: noautomobilesgo | Lastfm: sjchszeppelin | Backloggery: colincummings | 3DS FC: 1392-6019-0219 |
  • RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    Anyone else think SRIV is a good model for a Power Ranger/Super Sentai game?

• M-VickersM-Vickers Registered User regular
    vegeta_666 wrote: »
    "19 items complete"

I have 27 games update, ranging from 0 bytes to 1.6kb. Odd.

Card updates ? Or achievements ?

Hey, why's the new Batman out on a Friday?

steam_sig.png

• ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    signature.png

signature.png

Almost over!

uyvfOQy.png
    I am surprised at how angry I am that there are no deep mainstream sentai games and the single indie game that's on greenlight. There are so many ways to go with it, kid friendly with the high school freshman jumping into a team and falling in love with axel pink and graudating high school while reforming the big bad, axel pink's father. Tongue in cheek with a drunken former sentai hero roaming island city on a chopper, rallying his old crew and enemies to take on ChrisIslamoLiberaconservaterroristacommieanarchists and their anonymous hordes.

A mecha creation engine with subquests to unlock more parts (tongue in cheek would include strip club and brewry mechs at some point).

I will bide my time with lusting after this fairy tale game instead.

• MalakaiusMalakaius KalamazooRegistered User regular
    I am surprised at how angry I am that there are no deep mainstream sentai games and the single indie game that's on greenlight. There are so many ways to go with it, kid friendly with the high school freshman jumping into a team and falling in love with axel pink and graudating high school while reforming the big bad, axel pink's father. Tongue in cheek with a drunken former sentai hero roaming island city on a chopper, rallying his old crew and enemies to take on ChrisIslamoLiberaconservaterroristacommieanarchists and their anonymous hordes.

A mecha creation engine with subquests to unlock more parts (tongue in cheek would include strip club and brewry mechs at some point).

I will bide my time with lusting after this fairy tale game instead.

If you make the second one, I will buy it.

PSN: Malakaius- | Steam: Malakaius Switch: SW-4569-5525-1983
    I own, like, five tokusatsu games. And there's tons more. So I'm not sure what to tell you...

uyvfOQy.png
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular

So, Steambot Chronicles?

Reynolds wrote: »
    I own, like, five tokusatsu games. And there's tons more. So I'm not sure what to tell you...

You could tell the the gorram website!![/joking and hyperbole and I'm not a silly goose, please don't ban me]

Well @EvilMonkey and... @krackq ? won those giveaways. If they're not online tonight, I'll have to send emails, I'll be out of town this weekend.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Werewolf2000adWerewolf2000ad Suckers, I know exactly what went wrong. Registered User regular
    POY2PAO.jpg

Bless you, Stanley Parable.

steam_sig.png
    EVERYBODY WANTS TO SIT IN THE BIG CHAIR, MEG!
    I would like to see a shot of the 'famous demos' on the wall, if they're there.

uyvfOQy.png
  • HounHoun Registered User regular
    I guess I just earned my 7th Anniversary badge? Have I really been hanging around here that long?

Man. Where does the time go?

• HeirTransparentHeirTransparent ... Registered User regular

Stanley Parable demo spoilers (the worst kind of spoilers):
    Kry2hIc.jpg

steam_sig.png
  • BeryllineBerylline One Tiara to rule them all Registered User regular

Kry2hIc.jpg

Spoiling this as it refers to the above image:
    I was happy to see Kentucky Route Zero there, as it is easily one of the best games I've played on Steam. But then I was not as happy, because I remembered how much I need part 3, which still doesn't have a release date.

• Werewolf2000adWerewolf2000ad Suckers, I know exactly what went wrong. Registered User regular
    Also:
    Jekj8Jc.jpg

ART.

I remain astonished at how utterly perfect Kevan Brighting is as The Narrator.

steam_sig.png
    EVERYBODY WANTS TO SIT IN THE BIG CHAIR, MEG!
  • DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    Didn't see this mentioned yet, but I could have missed it, indie royale has updated the June Bug Bundle page with steam keys for Escape Goat if you bought it previously.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Don't you play as a Sentai in Z.H.P. Unlosing Ranger VS Darkdeath Evilman?

Which reminds me, now that I have a PSP I can actually get that game.

So you can be The Night for 2 straight days and not miss work?

Zdy0pmg.jpg
  • bobwocobobwoco Registered User regular
    You know quantum tunneling? The idea that if you fire enough protons at a brick wall, for example, one of them will eventually pass right through?

I kind of feel like one of those protons right now.

pfbD2lh.png

zPan0kG.png

EqvTMCe.png

Steam ID: wocobob
    steam_sig.png
  • SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Big Classy wrote: »
    I got a package today that was marked from the Royal Post, I got extremely nervous that somehow @Big Classy obtained my address after seeing threats to @CorriganX, much to my relief it was just a tie that Charles Tyrwhitt sent me.

soon.
    Like, the 24th?

steam_sig.png
  • ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    @bobwoco can i lick you and absorb some of your superpowers

So you can be The Night for 2 straight days and not miss work?

Oh, well then I sure hope they let me preload the game, or else I'll spend that first night like the Batman, sitting in front of his BatComputer, waiting for his BatInternet to BatLoad.

steam_sig.png

• SumanaiSumanai muh PTRegistered User regular
    bobwoco wrote: »
    You know quantum tunneling? The idea that if you fire enough protons at a brick wall, for example, one of them will eventually pass right through?

I kind of feel like one of those protons right now.

[clearly photoshopped images of having beaten super hexagon]

Are you a wizard?

camo_sig2.png
  • SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    Oh, well then I sure hope they let me preload the game, or else I'll spend that first night like the Batman, sitting in front of his BatComputer, waiting for his BatInternet to BatLoad.

It's called the BatNet. Get on his BatLevel.

s7Imn5J.png
    So, yes, I'm fairly sleep deprived right now, but I fell asleep twice during the Stanley Parable Demo.

Zdy0pmg.jpg
  • DaringDirkDaringDirk Daddy CEO Oakland, CARegistered User regular
    I got Tower Wars today, thanks to @Malakaius. He felt bad for trolling me. All day. With his BG:EE Beta.

camo_sig2.png

You could tell the the gorram website!![/joking and hyperbole and I'm not a silly goose, please don't ban me]

I...you want me to tell you about the games I have? Or? I'm confused.
    Berylline wrote: »

Kry2hIc.jpg

Spoiling this as it refers to the above image:
    I was happy to see Kentucky Route Zero there, as it is easily one of the best games I've played on Steam. But then I was not as happy, because I remembered how much I need part 3, which still doesn't have a release date.
    I recognize the Metal Gear Solid 2 demo, which is hilarious in comparison to this one. What are the other two?

uyvfOQy.png
  • VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    the left looks like gunpoint?

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
    Maybe Black Mesa
    that was a joke ha ha fat chance

Zdy0pmg.jpg
  • Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    Variable wrote: »
    the left looks like gunpoint?
    Left is totally Gunpoint.

Stabbity_Style.png
  • DyvionDyvion Back in Sunny Florida!!Registered User regular
    edited October 2013
    Anyone have any info on Stardrive? It's sitting at 61/100 on metacritic, which is not promising.

e: Hrm, from Mayhem Effect, who is banned from the Steam discussion on the game, "If features are not complete a game is considered to be in a beta state. The issue is that it is being sold as a full release version. This is a beta, it is incomplete, it is unethical to sell as a full release product. It is not worth the price tag."

Guess I'll hold off.

Dyvion on
    Steam: No Safety In Life
    PSN: Dyvion -- Eternal: Dyvion+9393 -- Genshin Impact: Dyvion
  • CroakerBCCroakerBC TorontoRegistered User regular
    Dyvion wrote: »
    Anyone have any info on Stardrive? It's sitting at 61/100 on metacritic, which is not promising.

e: Hrm, from Mayhem Effect, who is banned from the Steam discussion on the game, "If features are not complete a game is considered to be in a beta state. The issue is that it is being sold as a full release version. This is a beta, it is incomplete, it is unethical to sell as a full release product. It is not worth the price tag."

Guess I'll hold off.

I haven't had a lot of time to actually play it recently, but picked it up maybe 3-4 months ago when Amazon had it for $10, and I think I can safely say it was worth that. It has a whole swathe of different races - Samurai Space Bears, Molluscs with mind controlled Owl slaves, humans with pipes...and each of those has varying bonuses to combat, planet building, and so on.

The planet-development side of things is reasonably deep, but I think the game really wants you to play with the ship designer, and get involved in combat. It's a more RTS style than, say, Endless Space, but still within the scope of the user - you can just about control your entire fleet, at least in the mid-size engagements I got into.

So the civ building part is fun, if a bit basic, and the combat rolls along nicely and is quite enjoyable. For me, the style's a bit reminiscent of Sins of a Solar Empire. Maybe a bit less polished, but also at a lower price point, so can't complain.

What doesn't work? Well, I was disappointed by the diplomacy/intrigue options, which seemed rather limited. And I'm still hoping for a decent 'campaign' option, but that's more a 4x genre issue than anything else.

Overall, a few months back it was a perfectly decent 4x, with a few rough edges - I imagine some of those have been patched out by now. I'd say 61% is a bit harsh - 70-75 feels fairer. It's not perfect, by any means, but it's not a bad game, in a genre that really needs the sort of imagination they're trying to bring to bear (pun intended).

• InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Hey narrator, I can tell you exactly what the Stanley Parable is!
    A gigantic waste of time.

This discussion has been closed.