As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[BSG:BG] Daybreak Game 1 - Game Over

• Professor PhobosProfessor Phobos Registered User regular
    I can't do 16 without help.

• KaneskiKaneski Registered User regular
    edited October 2013
    Tenek wrote: »
    Sigh. Well, getting to 16 or so should be enough to counter cylons + destiny. Any takers? Seriously, it'll be worth it.

I'm curious now. Edit: Checked card list - got it. @Phyphor, this check must die or else Change of Plans.

Kaneski on
  • PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    Why is that?

edited October 2013
    As in - Adama will play the card 'change of plans', giving them a card refill. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure they will get to play it before it's time for a supercrisis in 8 rounds, but no reason to give them cards for skillchecks and/or abilities in the meantime. Also - since we're doing space/civ pressure, 1 pop is pretty relevant.

Kaneski on
    Oh that. Well, we can't keep them from passing stuff indefinitely, but sure I can "help" out this check a lot!

Okay it looks like I'm supposed to solo this one, and I can't get to 16 so I'm not gonna waste the cards trying. Between destiny and sabotage I can't make it. Pass.

• TenekTenek Registered User regular
    Romo hasn't contributed yet and Kat and I can throw in a card each, presumably. You're last.

I honestly think we should save our strength for the super-crisis. We can Change of Plans that and refresh.

All right, your funeral. Well, assuming you're human.

If we lose, we'll lose on fuel. If we could turn population into fuel by liquefying civilians, it'd be worth it.

• blahmcblahblahmcblah You pick your side and you stick - you don't cut and run when things get ugly. Registered User regular
    Unfortunately, I cannot help with this check. Pass.

That settles that!

• Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    0 cards

If no one else is helping then I'm not going to waste my hand trying.

• blahmcblahblahmcblah You pick your side and you stick - you don't cut and run when things get ugly. Registered User regular
    Still, Phobos, you shouldn't contribute out of turn when we have Cylons around. Phyphor could've (but probably wouldn't have in this case) spiked that.

Phyphor and Tenek to go, I believe. Then it's civvie killing time!

Oh, good point.

blahmcblah wrote: »
    Still, Phobos, you shouldn't contribute out of turn when we have Cylons around. Phyphor could've (but probably wouldn't have in this case) spiked that.

Agreed. It was ok for most of game, but with open hostiles, take every advantage.

0 cards

Pass

Somehow the humans will get 2 doublr jump crisis in a row, I just feel it...

I think Kat's still to play.

GG passed

edited October 2013
    Treachery draw please

Kaneski on
  • MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    edited October 2013
    Turn 27: Helena Cain (Professor Phobos)

Crisis Step: Unexplained Deaths

Skill Check [8] Leadership + Tactics
    Pass: No Effect.
    Fail: -1 morale, -1 population.

Skill Check Contributions
    Destiny Deck - 2 cards
    D'Anna Biers (Kaneski) - 1 card
    Sherman "Doc" Cottle (Cutfang) - 0 cards
    Romo Lampkin (blahmcblah) - 0 cards
    Gaius Baltar, Daybreak ver. (Phyphor) - 0 cards
    Louanne "Kat" Katraine (Grunt's Ghosts) - 0 cards
    Lee Adama, Daybreak ver. (Tenek) - 0 cards
    Helena Cain (Professor Phobos) - 0 cards

Politics 4 - Investigative Committee
    Engineering 3 - Scientific Research
    Treachery 3 - Personal Vices

Personal Vices requires that all human players draw 1 Treachery card; Professor Phobos also draws 1 Mutiny Card.

Check Total: -4 - 3 -3 = -10, Fail. -1 morale and -1 population.

The infection has to be ignored in order to focus on larger threats, damaging everyones' spirits.

After Crisis: Professor Phobos, since order may matter, in what order (by space area) will the Raiders be activated?

EDIT: Current map, for reference:
    BSGBG-GameD01-T27-6.gif

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
    Hmm. We can trash D and F first so the ones at 11:00 will go the wrong way. I don't think the rest matter.

Wait, never mind. I'm misreading it. :\

I think the only thing that can be affected is Fore. And the only thing that can affect it is AFT - after AFT is resolved, you get choices of where the raiders will chase.

If I'm reading this correctly, if I do Starboard-Bow, Fore, Port-Bow, Port-Quarter, Starboard Quarter and Finally Aft, there's no raiders left over that will target Galactica. Am I correct?

There won't be any regardless, they'll all chase B and G eventually.

I guess we're better to have the Fore group move clockwise so they leave the viper launch spots open. In that case, resolve Port-Bow first. After that it doesn't matter.

If Aft is first and B and G are destroyed, they won't be chased.

There's a viper there covering them.

Raider 1 kills the Viper. Raider 2 kills B. Raider 3 kills G. D, F, H get killed on their own - Starboard Bow and Fore, if they move after all that, won't chase civilian ships, they'll shoot Galactica, won't they?

In general, you only have to make sure that the last space to activate has a civvie in it.

In this case, raiders have to roll 5 to hit a Viper, even an unmanned one, and we have enough EMs to keep it alive for three shots.

Alrighty. Port-Bow, Starboard-Bow, Fore, Port-Quarter, Starboard Quarter, Aft.

Alas, poor F, D and H. We hardly knew ye.

(inc. blank blank 1-pop)

• MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    Turn 27: Helena Cain (Professor Phobos)

After Crisis: Raiders are activated in the following sequence:

Port-Bow (7 o'clock): One Raider destroys civilian ship H: -1 Population. The remaining two raiders advance to Port-quarter (5 o'clock).
    Starboard-Bow (11 o'clock): Five raiders advance to Starboard-Quarter (1 o'clock).
    Fore (9 o'clock): Two raiders advance to Starboard-Bow (11 o'clock).
    Port-Quarter (5 o'clock): Raider attacks unmanned Viper Mk. II. [So that I don't have to make multiple posts for Evasive Maneuvers checking, I've made rolls using random.org - generation seed will be revealed after battle for verification of results.] Attack roll is a 7, hit. The Viper Mk. II is damaged.
    Starboard-Quarter (1 o'clock): Two raiders destroy civilian ships D and F: Empty, -1 Population. The remaining raider advances to Aft (3 o'clock).
    Aft (3 o'clock): Raiders attack the unmanned Viper Mk. II. Attack roll is an 8, hit. Tenek has conditional orders to play Piloting 1 - Evasive Maneuvers. Attack re-roll is a 6, hit. Tenek has conditional orders to play Piloting 2 - Evasive Maneuvers. Second attack re-roll is a 8, hit. Tenek has conditional orders to play Piloting 2 - Evasive Maneuvers. Third attack re-roll is a 4, miss.
    Second raider attacks: 6, hit. Tenek has conditional orders to play Piloting 2 - Evasive Maneuvers. Attack re-roll is a 6, hit. Tenek has conditional orders to play Piloting 2 - Evasive Maneuvers. Second attack re-roll is a 1, miss.
    Third raider attacks: 7, hit. Waiting on Evasive Maneuvers declarations. Grunt's Ghosts?

4463rwiq7r47.png
    ... how many pil cards did you have?

edited October 2013
    Phyphor wrote: »
    ... how many pil cards did you have?

I believe it's his first spend since the game start, not counting discards

Kaneski on
    Oh ffs.

Tenek wrote: »
    Oh ffs.

Yep... dem good rolls. Luck is still far with the humans in this game though.