As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Agree/Awesome/Bro? user icons not displaying

NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + FlowSeaRegistered User regular
This morning I loaded up the forums and none of the small user icons that appear when someone flags a post with Agree/Awesome/Bro? are displaying for me, I can still see the counts for them when I mouse over the flag buttons. Seems to be occurring in both IE 10.0.9 and Firefox 24.0.

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List

• Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    Happening on Chrome for Windows as well.

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    edited October 2013
    Yep same here. Normal thread page and when you click on your name for your agrees/awesomes/bros

PantsB on
    11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Happens on Safari too, both on the desktop browser and iDevices.

• ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Yeah, mousing over pops up a dialog box with a loading bar, but nothing happens.

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    Loading bar seems to be working now.

I still dislike this version of things. I much prefer just having them automatically show up horizontally, in full view.

Having to mouse over individual reactions to see who gave me what is just annoying.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    You can keep the change!

Thanks, Nobama!

• NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Goatmon wrote: »
    Loading bar seems to be working now.

I still dislike this version of things. I much prefer just having them automatically show up horizontally, in full view.

Having to mouse over individual reactions to see who gave me what is just annoying.

It would be neat if there was a profile option to select to always see them or switch to this new way, but I can understand if the reason they were changed is to not have to constantly load all the post flags on view every time for performance reasons.

• ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Looks like it only shows a maximum of 10 in the list as well? Checked a couple of posts in the 15-20+ range of Awesomes and only 10 popped up on each.

Respectfully, I also preferred the old functionality.

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • OneAngryPossumOneAngryPossum Registered User regular
    From a mobile standpoint it's a bit annoying. Click to agree/awesome, instead the list of names pops up, then you have to click again to actually get the reaction down.

Minor, but what took one click now takes two.

• IcyLiquidIcyLiquid Two Steaks Montreal, QuebecAdministrator, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    Its a work in progress. This was done (and intended to be off-by-default, grr) to deal with sites that get ... ~ 100-200 reactions per post constantly. I can see how its annoying in smaller sites and it was not intended to be on in those situations. We're working on it.

You're a nice lady, Icy.

• NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    holy shit, 100-200 per post? what the heck are they doing over there to warrant that

thanks for the update Icy, you're the best

• bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Naphtali wrote: »
    holy shit, 100-200 per post? what the heck are they doing over there to warrant that

Totally being bros, obviously.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • IcyLiquidIcyLiquid Two Steaks Montreal, QuebecAdministrator, Vanilla Staff vanilla

Asking for user feedback/commenting on new game features. People respond by reacting, then commenting.

• BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    Hey, looks like we're back!

Thanks Icy!

• ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    bowen wrote: »

Totally being bros.

Brobviously.

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • TubeTube Registered User admin
    IcyLiquid wrote: »
    Its a work in progress. This was done (and intended to be off-by-default, grr) to deal with sites that get ... ~ 100-200 reactions per post constantly. I can see how its annoying in smaller sites and it was not intended to be on in those situations. We're working on it.

bro did you just call us a smaller site

not cool bro

Bro, I meant "tight knit".

• ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    IcyLiquid wrote: »
    Bro, I meant "tight knit".

yo bro dat shit be tight yo

• GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »
    You can keep the change!

Thanks,Brobama!

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204