As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Steam Thread buys games, sometimes plays them

1939495969799»

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Quoting myself from over in SE++:
    Darmak wrote: »
    Okay, so this Tactical Intervention is pretty damn fun. It's pretty much exactly like Counter Strike, but with lots of neat shit added. It's been a long time since I played CS, but in this you can lean, roll, pick up and throw shit, rappel down the outside of buildings or down elevator shafts, use hostages as shields, have attack dogs that follow you and attack whoever you tell them to, and the maps that are car chases are a lot of fun. It's just as fast paced and lethal as CS too, sometimes rounds can last for as little as 20 seconds if both teams rush each other. It has the standard f2p model where you can use points earned to temporarily unlock weapons and such for 7 days, or you can spend a LOT more to permanently unlock it.

Ignore the dubstep
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ht_csZlgz5M

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    RedthirstRedthirst Registered User regular
    Okay, so this Tactical Intervention is pretty damn fun. It's pretty much exactly like Counter Strike, but with lots of neat shit added. It's been a long time since I played CS, but in this you can lean, roll, pick up and throw shit, rappel down the outside of buildings or down elevator shafts, use hostages as shields, have attack dogs that follow you and attack whoever you tell them to, and the maps that are car chases are a lot of fun. It's just as fast paced and lethal as CS too, sometimes rounds can last for as little as 20 seconds if both teams rush each other. It has the standard f2p model where you can use points earned to temporarily unlock weapons and such for 7 days, or you can spend a LOT more to permanently unlock it.

Ignore the dubstep
    I think I should try it, considering that it was developed by one of the creators of the original Counter-Strike.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    12:46 AM - Big Isy: i want beyond so bad but fuck full price
    12:46 AM - Big Isy: also no more games for the year, i have a new cooker and fridge freezer to get

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    an_altan_alt Registered User regular
    So I fired up X3:AP and unfortunately, the font is unreadable from the couch, so I'll have to wait until I have a new main PC and move the current one into the study. That will become the Crusader Kings II/X3 box, mainly due to being hooked up to a monitor a foot in front of my face. The crash to desktop during the tutorial didn't help matters, but I'll deal with that later.

Since Privateer won't run fullscreen for me, I suppose I'll have to load up Strike Suit Zero and see if that can scratch my space sim itch.

Pony wrote:
    I think that the internet has been for years on the path to creating what is essentially an electronic Necronomicon: A collection of blasphemous unrealities so perverse that to even glimpse at its contents, if but for a moment, is to irrevocably forfeit a portion of your sanity.
    Xbox - PearlBlueS0ul, Steam
    If you ever need to talk to someone, feel free to message me. Yes, that includes you.
  • Options
    DyasAlureDyasAlure SeattleRegistered User regular
    Ok, so thread things:
    The gamepad:
    I don't see it as bad. Will it compete with uber FPS shooter 20 buttons on mouse with DPS change on fly? No. Will casual gamers be able to play the games on the couch? Yes.
    I think they win there. But, that is my opinion. Also, it looks like you can adjust everything on it, so a completely configurable gamepad, I would say at least, don't knock it until you try it.

Ok, the was the only thread thing I had. I thought I had another comment, but after reading everything, I lost it.

However, with that being said. I will be starting a contest. So, as I'm getting married, and am dealing with the logistics of craziness, Why not you? You to can be a wedding planner.

If you would like to play the game, I put it in spoiler, as the explanation is long, read below.
    So here is how it is going to work. We are going to play a game with the code tag. I will put your position in line in the code tag as follows:
    [ code]
    Position 8
    Position 3
    Position 1
    Position 9
    Position 2
    Position 4
    Position 6
    Position 7
    Position 5
    [ code]

Just PM me with you position and I will give you a word. Once all the words are out, I will post who got one, but not there position. Now if you want to play, and missed the first code drop, PM me and I will put you on the list for the next group. I will make as many groups as are needed for interest in this game.

So what do you do with the word? Try and guess the phrase. When you think you know the phrase, PM me with the answer. I will post the list of people who have received words. I will use the @ tag so you know when this happens. I will not say words, and I will not say positions. Once I call you out with an @ tag, you have 2 days to make a post with your word used in it somewhere. PM me a link to your post, so I can find them please. See below for example phrase, but be warned. All the phrases will be wedding themed; because you know, wedding.
    The = 1
    Quick = 2
    Brown = 3
    Fox = 4
    Jumped = 5
    Over = 6
    The = 7
    Lazy = 8
    Dog = 9

What if no one guesses it after 3 days? We enter phase 2. Now, in phase two, you most post your word again. There is a twist to this phase though, you must post your word in a different style. So, if in one you posted it normal, no bold, no italic; yep, you need to either bold or italic it. Again, you have 2 days to post. Again, if in 3 days no one has PM'ed me, that we go to phase 3.

3 is the same as 2, only you must use the last style that you have not used in the previous 2. I do not care which order you use them, however if you post without using a style, I will instantly call your word out by post. I will not give away position however.

Sudden death, So we are over a week and no winner? I will start posting words/position. I might say that ForumerFred is position one. Or ArcadePenny is "Wedding". I will continue this until all is reveled and we have a winner. I do not have a time frame for this phase. I will post when I can.

Last thing, after I have a winner for all the groups, I will do one last phrase. This will only include winners of previous phrases. You might get multiple words and positions, depending on how many groups I had, and length. You may only enter once. You may not enter if you are a relative of mine, work for DyasAlure Inc, or.. wait.. Everyone on the forums can enter.

My%20Steam.png?psid=1My%20Twitch%20-%20Mass%20Effect.png?psid=1=1My%20Youtube.png?psid=1
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    And, I should remember to add the game in.
    Loading...?

DyasAlure on
    My%20Steam.png?psid=1My%20Twitch%20-%20Mass%20Effect.png?psid=1=1My%20Youtube.png?psid=1
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    The above worked. removing double codes.

But I will make this a post, I don't get some of the results for wedding:
    http://store.steampowered.com/search/?snr=1_4_4__12&term=wedding

DyasAlure on
  • Options
    Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular

Ignore the dubstep

It's interesting and has alot of cool gimmicks and so on.

I think I agree with Totalbiscuit's description of it: It's absolutely worth downloading, it's probably not worth spending money on.

Also Highway is the best map in the history of ever, or at least close to it.

• Options

Ignore the dubstep

I think I agree with Totalbiscuit's description of it: It's absolutely worth downloading, it's probably not worth spending money on.

Well, yeah. I tried it now and its fun. But the lack of any tips or tutorials is a bad thing. I don't know why sniper rifles count as equipment, and I don't know why I can't use them every time. And I don't know why can't I check the stats on stock weapons. But yeah, this game is fun, even though it looks like some random source mode.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    tacticalheadachetacticalheadache Registered User regular
    DyasAlure wrote: »
    The above worked. removing double codes.

But I will make this a post, I don't get some of the results for wedding:
    http://store.steampowered.com/search/?snr=1_4_4__12&term=wedding

Because nothing says "I love you" more than shooting and drilling splicers to death.

• Options
    Redthirst wrote: »

Ignore the dubstep

Well, yeah. I tried it now and its fun. But the lack of any tips or tutorials is a bad thing. I don't know why sniper rifles count as equipment, and I don't know why I can't use them every time. And I don't know why can't I check the stats on stock weapons. But yeah, this game is fun, even though it looks like some random source mode.

Have you done highway yet?

Because Highway is 90% of the fun.

• Options
    Here is the bad part. A code is gone. This is page 99, and most likely will be closed soon. And whoever took it, didn't PM me.

• Options
    AsheAshe Registered User regular
    Hola. Who wants a Warframe credits code thingy?

Loading...?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    edited October 2013
    There is a new thread. Go there and prosper.

Iolo on
    Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options

No, but I certainly will. This game is fun to me, so I will play some more out of it.
    And yeah, so we have a new thread every 100 pages, right? That's to keep things fresh, isn't it?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Redthirst wrote: »

No, but I certainly will. This game is fun to me, so I will play some more out of it.
    And yeah, so we have a new thread every 100 pages, right? That's to keep things fresh, isn't it?

Basically to stop stuff over inflating. Threads get intimidating when they have 1000's of pages.

It's a neat game, I just think their business model and overall presentation is really pretty shitty.

• Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    symbolsor wrote: »
    symbolsor wrote: »
    My first paycheck came through at my new job, here's to celebration!

signature.png

All done, congrats to @Xeddicus for winning! <3

I'd like to thank my parents, electricity, fiber optic cable, @symbolsor and most importantly symbolsor's new payroll people. God Bless you all! *Bow*

• Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    Edit- Damnit, we jumped thread a page early. Oops.

• Options
    Descendant XDescendant X Skyrim is my god now. Outpost 31Registered User regular
    Alright folks, an hour (or so) left. I'ma do my treadmill walk, have a quick shower, and when I come back games will be distributed!

signature.png

signature.png

signature.png

signature.png

signature.png

Garry: I know you gentlemen have been through a lot, but when you find the time I'd rather not spend the rest of the winter TIED TO THIS FUCKING COUCH!
  • Options
    VeganVegan Registered User regular
    LostNinja wrote: »
    Lanrutcon wrote: »
    LostNinja wrote: »
    Vegan wrote: »
    Tamin wrote: »
    more of this "you're an existing customer, have a discount" thing please

It's a nice idea, but it sounds like they want money for a patch that finally fixes the boss fights, if you already bought the game.

What was the issue with the boss fights again? I played it but I don't remember anything standing out about them.

They were arena-like and were meant for combat characters. If you didn't build yourself to be a war machine, you ended up having serious issues because you got stuffed into a small arena with a super enemy.

Ah, I built mine for combat, explains why I didn't notice it as much.

Yeah, since one of the hallmarks of Deus Ex is being able to approach situations in multiple ways, do lethal or non-lethal, etc., it was pretty damn galling that they would make the boss fights the way they did.

You could RUN AWAY from boss fights in the original (and that character would then still be alive later).

In fact, one of them does lock you into an arena, but you can glitch the game to get the door to open. The story still accounts for this if you do it.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    BrocksMulletBrocksMullet Into the sunrise, on a jet-ski. Natch.Registered User regular
    edited October 2013
    Damn, thread is dead.

BrocksMullet on
    I, for one, enjoyed the Mako.

Steam: BrocksMullet http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197972421669/

This discussion has been closed.