As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

New card, low fps.

RoeRoe Always to the EastRegistered User regular
I get a solid 40 fps with Planet side 2 on high, but I cannot seem to get a steady frame rate in BF4 no matter what I try.

My FPS hang at a mostly steady 20 fps. I just downloaded the beta drivers for my Geforce card, but nothing happened.

My specs are as follows: Intel Core 2 quad Q6600 2.4 ghz, 8 gbs ram, 500 gb 7200 rpm HD, Geforce GTX 660 superclocked.

Right now I'm getting the same FPS on BF4 as I was when I had my Geforce 512 mb card.

Edit: I forgot to add that I am rated in the center for Battlefield 4 on system requirements lab.

oHw5R0V.jpg
Roe on

• Options
    iRevertiRevert Tactical Martha Stewart Registered User regular
    The Beta is very very very very very very very odd in framerates, they are pushing patches to fix things and the patch today should have aided your core2 but I wouldn't expect a stable framerate in this beta (but in the final version it should be ok).

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Have you Driversweeper'd all your old video drivers away?

• Options
    RoeRoe Always to the East Registered User regular
    Have you Driversweeper'd all your old video drivers away?

I have no idea how to use that software.

oHw5R0V.jpg
  • Options
    I read online that someone else had almost the exact setup that I have and can play cpu intensive games which I cannot.

oHw5R0V.jpg
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    It's a thing that makes sure there are no old bits of your drivers left around from a previous release conflicting with your most curent driver, borking things up.

Have you got any other programs running in the background at the same time as BF4? You're trying to run the latest and greatest FPS on a 6(?) year old CPU. Yeah, the Q6600 was a beast back in the day, but it's a long way back from the front of the pack today. Can you overclock your CPU?

• Options
    iRevertiRevert Tactical Martha Stewart Registered User regular
    edited October 2013
    It's a thing that makes sure there are no old bits of your drivers left around from a previous release conflicting with your most curent driver, borking things up.

Have you got any other programs running in the background at the same time as BF4? You're trying to run the latest and greatest FPS on a 6(?) year old CPU. Yeah, the Q6600 was a beast back in the day, but it's a long way back from the front of the pack today. Can you overclock your CPU?

You do realize just how wonky the framerate has been on the BF4 beta right? Some people had single to low double digit fps with a 780 and 4930k.

I do agree it's ageing hardware but the beta has been less than optimized and they're pushing out patches to try and fix things as they go so even if he doesn't get that great of FPS in this the final product should be quite a bit better provided he's running it on realistic settings.

iRevert on
  • Options
    Yep, and if the current unoptimised state of the game is enough to Bring Ivy Bridge - E chips to a screaming halt, just imagine what it's doing to his poor old Socket 775 chip.

Once they've got the kinks worked out and shit is how it should be, a Q6600 is going to be capable of playing the game, obviously. But don't wer all want just that nit more than 'capable'?

Shit, I built my current i7-3770K/GTX680 rig around a desire to play BF3 with all the pretties set to "eye-melt"...

• Options
    I actually updated my chip set and my games have been loading quicker and I've been getting more FPS lately.

oHw5R0V.jpg