As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

SECRET BOBCATS Discussion

• Options
    PurpleBekPurpleBek Manchester, EnglandRegistered User regular
    Okay, I couldn't figure out how to delete the group, but it's been abandoned. I've made a generic group for pax east but I will post about that in a relevant thread.

pax%20sig.png
  • Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    hah, ok
    well no worries :) it was still a solid idea, just doesn't work the way we would need it to

• Options
    Little Miss RachelLittle Miss Rachel Geek Chick Before Geek Was Chic Idahoan ExileRegistered User regular
    I am excite. The Tube's judgement is one of the only things that keeps me from maiming users over the course of the year. =P

• Options
    zealezeale Saint LouisRegistered User regular
    I'd love to participate if possible. I'm relatively new to the community and Prime 2013 was my first PAX, but I'm already planning my wagons east next Spring and I've made an effort to post more ... when might be the cutoff for these 15 posties? I'm sure I can think of some intelligent things to say somewhere around here... no hard feelings if I need to wait though!

dgiab0m7h15x.png

• Options
    Kiss Me GoodByeKiss Me GoodBye Registered User regular
    I put together an amazon wishlist this year since I was all over the place. I was rather confused by the whole system last year and became very last minute. I'm going to do this right this year...I'm also saving money being single this year so it works out! lol

SQUID
    PAX EAST 2011 * 2012 * 2013 *2014 *2015 *2016 | PAX PRIME 2013| PAX UNPLUGGED 2017
  • Options
    CaptainTapoleCaptainTapole Awesome in the Possum - Yee-Haw! Northern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    The crazy wacky times of the Holidays. It kinda saddens me that come New Years, I will intentionally-unintentionally ignore the threads until after East. It's okay, these little bobcats bring the Blue, the Red and the Goldenrod together under one mother-effin' hugantical roof of Holiday joys.

The Girl Who Gave Everyone the Shortest Jenga Game Ever.
  • Options
    SmallLadySmallLady Registered User regular
    Hey guys, just FYI, I`ll be going though the letters/signups very soon and update the list. I've been on vacation for the last week and haven't had time to look at the thread.

Zeale, you're welcome to PM me to make your case, however I make no promises. My first priority is to make sure no one gets shafted on this exchange.

"we're just doing what smalllady told us to do" - @Heels
  • Options
    BombClancyBombClancy Sugar Lady Registered User regular
    Does that mean you will be updating the OP with the current up to date names that have done the application correctly?

what do you call a pile of kittens? A meoooowntain!
    itweet
  • Options
    I assume she'll update that once she goes through the stuff, yeah. Considering the last update to that list was on October 5th, I'd hazard that she just hasn't gotten to it yet.

• Options
    I see after I posted, the other post shows "LIST OF PEOPLE WHO FOLLOWED DIRECTIONS
    Last updated: Oct 3rd 5:45pm PST" I will check back there in a couple weeks.

itweet
  • Options
    MagicSwordKingMagicSwordKing | (• ◡•)|╯╰(❍ᴥ❍ʋ) PhiladelphiaRegistered User regular
    Yeah I don't post on the forums a bunch, generally not a forum guy, but I'm pretty deep involved in the community so I didn't think there would be an issue, if there is, I'll withdraw and leave it to the forumers.

Aperture Safety Personal Observation Tester for Aperture Testing and Observation, Honorary Alphanaut, Grandmaster of the Tychonian Guard, Chronicler of the House of Brahe, Senior Editor for Mustache News, Agent of O.S.P.R.E.Y., PAX COPS Detective Inspector, and PAX Tours Saboteur.

"I think he starts in reality and ends in fantasy."
    "No he starts in fantasy and ends in chaos."
    -Anonymous
  • Options
    @MagicSwordKing you have > the requisite number of posts, I'm certain it's fine :)

• Options
    @bombclancy

I can tell you right now you did not fill out the form correctly. You did not include your last name, city, state, or country.

I have deleted your entry. Please fill it out again.

• Options
    pfft, @bombclancy fail. Lando would be so disappointed! ;)

• Options
    peetsnackpeetsnack Team Green Poké Assist, Lord Commander of the Night's Watch, Head Girl House Hufflepuff The Cleave LandsRegistered User regular
    i guess @bombclancy really... BOMBed that one, mirite guys? eh? guys? "BOMB"ed? get it?

7B14287.png
  • Options
    Account4ThisAccount4This BostonRegistered User regular
    Welp I now have a goal for next year. Reading the letters in the other post is making this Monday workday much better (new to these forums/2nd year PAX'er). Love the idea of adding a little 'weird' to the world, ha!

• Options
    NullzoneNullzone Registered User regular
    omg @PRD is bobcatsing this year

best year ever

• Options
    There was no bombing, I promise. Unless bombing means not including USA on my form. I would hope multiple Seattle related forum posts, links to my twitter and zipcode clarify that yes, I am an American.
    itisdonenow_zps26c064f2.jpg

itweet
  • Options
    welllll to be fair, someone shouldn't have to track down your forum history if you could just fill it out on the form ;) Also since this is an international forum, and the organizer isn't even in the US, I would think following the directions precisely would be good :)

• Options
    @bombclancy You actually didn't include a city, state, zip or country in your first post.

However I can confirm that I do have your full address now. Thank you. :)

• Options
    SheriSheri Resident Fluffer My Living RoomRegistered User regular
    Warning you folks now that @SmallLady has bullied me into doing this next year

This year is out because I still have to finish a giant Bowser afghan and the make something equally awesome for @PRD from 2013 Solid Saints, PLUS an item for SE++ Secret Satans

SO PREPARE YOURSELF, 2014 GIFTEE. I MAKE COOL SHIT

• Options
    Sheri is the best at crochet.

• Options
    SheriSheri Resident Fluffer My Living RoomRegistered User regular
  • Options
    I am the most adorable of bullies.

• Options
    cookiekrushcookiekrush Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    zerzhul wrote: »
    On that note, this is also a good time to remind everyone that we are an international forum. You may get paired up with someone not in your country. Be prepared for this eventuality and don't complain about shipping costs. What would be super awesome, if someone has some time on their hands, is if we could have some posts about the various laws regarding shipping gifts to the USA, Canada, The UK, and Australia (forgive me if you're from somewhere else, those the primary countries for this community).

In addition, maybe some online retailers in each country that allow foreigners to make purchases to be shipped within that country? Something like an American shopping via the Canadian Amazon (if that's even a thing they can do).

I have experience in shipping domestic and international. It all depends on the country and what is being shipped. I'd be more than happy to help anyone who isn't sure, or needs more info. :) I will also note, I do not claim to be an expert, and this only covers the common things that are shipped. Your local shipping company and country may have different rules than what I have found on the internet and export/import that I normally deal with. Always check with your shipping company and local post office.

US Domestic
    Food must to be dry and and needs to reach the area unspoiled. If it causes a smell or gets open in travel, it is at risk of being shipped back to the shipper. Anything pressurized cannot be shipped via air and will be marked as hazard materials.

Fancy tip, media mail is cheaper than regular mail, but only if you're only shipping media goodies! Something to look into if you're trying to cut down on shipping costs.

The USPS publication for what is deemed hazardous and/or restricted can be found here.

International
    Pay for tracking. Things can get held up in custom for days or even weeks. Know who you are shipping with, some shipping companies drop off packages to the local mailing service after it reaches the county.

Gifts can also be deemed taxable in the country. It all depends on the country and the amount declared. Be sure to always declare it as a gift on your paperwork and labels.

There are package restrictions in some countries. Again this varies from country. If you go over the restriction, they may charge a fee to ship or say no. If someone can provide me with a listing of countries people will be shipping to, I can create a quick list. (I can't picture anyone going above this limit, but you never know).

Certain foods are not allowed in certain countries. I'd advise you to double check the local country's rules on this.

Cert of Origin may be needed to clear customs. UPS and Fedex can provide this when asked. This depends on the value that is declared on the package. Again, you will have to refer to your local shipping company for details on this.

I will be updating this when I remember things, and if asked. :)

cookiekrush on
    Pinny Pals - open to trading!
    Looking for Edith Finch Pin!
  • Options
    TODAY is the deadline for signup folks!

• Options
    @jonoseel

You did not submit a full address. Please re-submit your information.

• Options
    FYI:
    SmallLady wrote: »
    LIST OF PEOPLE WHO FOLLOWED DIRECTIONS
    Last updated: Nov 4th @ 4am PT

mysticode
    AtomicGaryBusey
    DashD
    Skelevader
    Manic2K
    Aussie Ben
    CaptainTapole
    Vapok
    Lady Lilybell
    Nullzone
    MagicSwordKing
    PedroAsani
    Little Miss Rachel
    Frugus
    pureval
    Kiss Me Goodbye
    Quintious
    sacratoy
    Kwaizy
    rileyper
    Kirindal
    PRD
    msuroo
    QuickSnap
    APacMan
    BombClancy
    zeromyst
    gamerrrgrrrl
    griff6659
    Lady Amalthea
    Kropotkin
    parabola
    cookiekrush
    Delaney
    bubblegumnex
    Jim Sharkmagic
    Zerzhul
    draklan
    Ysterath
    SmallLady

PEOPLE NOT ON THE LIST:

@jonoseel
    Incomplete Address

@contrefait
    Did not submit any information

• Options
    contrefaitcontrefait Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    My apologies for being an idiot and not submitting the form. Contre bad.

I have rectified the situation. Thank you zerzhul for the smack upside the head to remind me.

contrefait on
    PAX East 2016 Checklist
    Passes: ▬ Hotel: ▬ Flight: [color=red]☑[/color]
  • Options
    aBByNormaLaBByNormaL Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    What if the letter to the tube is somewhat cryptic .... Can we clarify?

aBByNormaL on
    PAX East 2016 .... gots my Passes [x] Hotel [x] Flights [x] Packed [..] .... ok we're all good !!!!!
  • Options
    aBByNormaL wrote: »
    What if the letter to the tube is somewhat cryptic .... Can we clarify?
    I don't see any reason why you couldn't edit your letter.

• Options
    Not mine zerzhul .... Others

I read some and was unclear re some of the references hopefully will not be an issue but just wondering

PAX East 2016 .... gots my Passes [x] Hotel [x] Flights [x] Packed [..] .... ok we're all good !!!!!
  • Options
    Ah, yeah, I think somewhere in here I might have volunteered to be a go-between in case that was necessary. Maybe I forgot to make that post.

• Options
    alright, sign ups are closed and I'll be doing my best to get your matches out to you very soon. Hopefully by end of today, but maybe tomorrow if anything blows up at work. :)

• Options
    A.SabotA.Sabot Boston, MaRegistered User regular
    How do I sign up for this?

Pax East 2016: BYOC [x], 3 Day Passes [x], car[x], license[x], new computer[x]
  • Options
    A.SabotA.Sabot Boston, MaRegistered User regular
    Oops I did not see that one, next year then.:(

Pax East 2016: BYOC [x], 3 Day Passes [x], car[x], license[x], new computer[x]
  • Options
    YsterathYsterath Registered User regular
    *crosses fingers that SmallLady doesn't accidentally give me myself again (however temporarily) this Bobcats <3 *

enforceruserbarsplitcro.png
  • Options
    Ysterath wrote: »
    *crosses fingers that SmallLady doesn't accidentally give me myself again (however temporarily) this Bobcats <3 *

At least you know you will like the pressie ....lol

• Options
    purevalpureval Somersworth, NH Registered User regular
    I just hope I get paired up without causing smallLady massive headaches this year.

• Options
    Speaking of not causing me headaches, it may be a bit later that you guys get your matches. Work was crazy yesterday, and I'm not sure I'll have time tonight.
    BUT I PROMISE IT WILL GET DONE VERY SOON

This discussion has been closed.