As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[RIP PAX East 14] PAX Aus Registration is open, non int'l 3 Day passes already sold out

• Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Yup. Me too.

• DelaneyDelaney Registered User regular
    edited October 2013
    Definitely going. I just need my pass. *F5* *F5* *F5* *F5* *F5* *F5* ...

Delaney on
    "I will participate in the game. It's a wonderful, wonderful opera, except that it hurts." - Joseph Campbell

Steam: delaney_a

• rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    Wow lots of lurkers peeking in.

Hang around SE++ is pretty much the best.

• WolfieeWolfiee Web/Graphic Designer and Illustrator MARegistered User regular
    My body is ready.

0CsmwYt.jpg
    Badges [ ] Hotel [ ] Complete Pixelist.net [x] Excitement [x]
  • zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited October 2013
    Yeah I pointed people over here from the PAX section. I was all "you want to just chat?" we have a place where that occurs.

zerzhul on
  • NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    zerzhul has unleashed his hordes.

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
    Speaking of, for the OP, there's also a really great hotel spreadsheet that @vttym made. It's in the OP of the PAX hotels thread.

• DelaneyDelaney Registered User regular
    What can I say? Any link tenuously related to getting my passes for East will probably get clicked these days.

Actually, I'll definitely have to look around more. I joined the forums early this year to get information about going to my first PAX and have been lurking around since. Seems like there's quite a bit here I hadn't yet discovered.

"I will participate in the game. It's a wonderful, wonderful opera, except that it hurts." - Joseph Campbell

Steam: delaney_a

• schussschuss Registered User regular
    Ugh, 2nd straight PAX ruined by a wedding running concurrently in another state.

schuss wrote: »
    Ugh, 2nd straight PAX ruined by a wedding running concurrently in another state.
    This is a terrible reason to miss a PAX. Move the wedding. Or just don't attend? Or have the wedding in Boston!

Unless it's your second wedding in 2 years...?

zerzhul wrote: »
    This is a terrible reason to miss a PAX. Move the wedding. Or just don't attend? Or have the wedding in Boston!

My friend's wedding, and while we're all in the Boston area, they're getting married in Nebraska due to his soon-to-be-wife. Prior to this was a wedding of one of my best friends in NH during PAX Prime. I just have 0 luck on this.

• StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    The only reason to miss PAX is to attend another better PAX happening the same weekend.

YL9WnCY.png
    that sucks schuss

• Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    He is. He's attending Wedding PAX

Rorus Raz wrote: »
    The only reason to miss PAX is to attend another better PAX happening the same weekend.

Eh, both weddings are people in my closest circle of friends, otherwise it definitely would be skipped. Ah well, guess I'll have to hit Prime. And hope it doesn't sell out in 2 minutes. For once.

If I learned one thing about missing paxes for weddings, it's don't.

• AphostileAphostile San Francisco, CARegistered User regular
    I don't think I'll be at this one this year unfortunately either. May have to make Prime my only PAX venture these days.

Nothing. Matters.
  • Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    This is bullshit, Apho.

• godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    Aphostile wrote: »
    I don't think I'll be at this one this year unfortunately either. May have to make Prime my only PAX venture these days.

Noooooooooooooo!

Fuck.

its all ashleyees fault

god damn you ashleighe

• SassoriSassori Registered User regular
    Aphostile wrote: »

But who will I have my PAX affair with now?

• sacratoysacratoy Colorado, USARegistered User regular
    I already have my flights and hotel room booked. Just need tickets to drop.

PAX Prime 2014: Pass [x] Hotel [x] Flights [x] Vacation Days [x]

PAX Prime 2014 Preparations Complete
    How are people booking hotels?

• PeccaviPeccavi Registered User regular
    Gonna try to make it this year, probably just get a Saturday pass like last year.

Goose! wrote: »
    Some hotels are accepting non-OnPeak reservations for full price.

• MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    I will definitely be going this year as well.

Maybe I'll even meet some forumers this year.

Goose! wrote: »
    Some hotels are accepting non-OnPeak reservations for full price.

that way lies madness

• aBByNormaLaBByNormaL Registered User regular
    I think of it as simply covering my bets. I have fully cancellable reservation at Seaport. If I get an OnPeak price I like at a hotel I want then I will cancel the other, if not I can afford to pay the full shot.

PAX East 2016 .... gots my Passes [x] Hotel [x] Flights [x] Packed [..] .... ok we're all good !!!!!
  • vttymvttym Ardent Gamer Northern NJRegistered User regular

My friend's wedding, and while we're all in the Boston area, they're getting married in Nebraska due to his soon-to-be-wife. Prior to this was a wedding of one of my best friends in NH during PAX Prime. I just have 0 luck on this.

My friend asked me to be in his wedding in April. My first response after "ok" was "but it can't be during PAX"... The wedding is the following week. I like to think I had something to do with that.

• sacratoysacratoy Colorado, USARegistered User regular
    aBByNormaL wrote: »
    I think of it as simply covering my bets. I have fully cancellable reservation at Seaport. If I get an OnPeak price I like at a hotel I want then I will cancel the other, if not I can afford to pay the full shot.

This.

If I can get a reservation through OnPeak, that would be ideal. But worst case scenario, paying full price for 4 nights at the Seaport is completely within reason for me.

PAX Prime 2014: Pass [x] Hotel [x] Flights [x] Vacation Days [x]

PAX Prime 2014 Preparations Complete
  • TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    Hmmmm

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Hyperion098Hyperion098 Registered User regular
    Def going for my 3rd year in a row cant wait!.... no seriously i hate the waiting bit lol

• thorgotthorgot there is special providence in the fall of a sparrowRegistered User regular
    You can't stop me from going to PAX East.

campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • The Otaku SuppositoryThe Otaku Suppository Bawstan New EnglandRegistered User regular
    thorgot wrote: »

I'll stop traffic on Mass Ave, Memorial, and Storrow and close the Red Line.

• lirelentlirelent Registered User regular

I love a good engineering challenge...

simpsons+movie+dome.png

• thorgotthorgot there is special providence in the fall of a sparrowRegistered User regular

that'll do it

campionthorgotsig.jpg

We refer to that as "commuting hours"