As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Pittsburgh PrePostPAX - (GASP games days posted for 2014)

• Options
    Rabid DogRabid Dog Registered User regular
    edited February 2013
    Thanks Raughn for the tag! It's a shame it had to be cancelled. Be sure to tag me if there are any last-minute meetups planned (or post-pax stuff for that matter). Maybe something during PAX even, however brief? Regardless, there's always next time I suppose! :P

Also, thanks zerzhul. Fixed my post. Looks clearer now.

Rabid Dog on
  • Options
    ShrefShref Registered User regular
    while i'm new to the forums, i'd most likely be up for this if it happens at some point.

• Options
    GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    Shref has been kidnapped by Couscous and is being held for ransom! Solve the riddle to set em' free, or I'll hand em' over to Clamps!

What do you call one mod yelling in a cave?
    Which forumer am I?

• Options
    Menolly07Menolly07 Registered User regular
    Geth is a big, metallic jerk!

Still PAXing strong. [E] for lyfe. ELand forever.
    twitter.com/Menolly07
  • Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited April 2013
    Geth finds your lack of faith... disturbing.

zerzhul on
  • Options
    GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    We are Legion.

• Options
    I think a few of us are planning to head to this month's GASP game day. @peetsnack and I at the very least. Anyone else going? It's April 13th. http://www.gaspgamer.com/news/news.html

• Options
    peetsnackpeetsnack Team Green Poké Assist, Lord Commander of the Night's Watch, Head Girl House Hufflepuff The Cleave LandsRegistered User regular
    Indeed I am! XD

7B14287.png
  • Options
    psychopezpsychopez Registered User regular
    I don't know, I'm still carless at the moment though that should be resolved soon. If it is, I should be there...

“Myth is the hidden part of every story, the buried part, the region that is still unexplored because there are as yet no words to enable us to get there."

-Italo Calvino
  • Options
    RaughnRaughn Registered User regular
    I can't do April's, but I'm going to try to move around my work schedule to make it to May's.

• Options
    I'm going.

twitter.com/Menolly07
  • Options
    May's GASP day is May 4th (of course) and they will be hosting the X-Wing minis regional championship.

It is looking like I will not be making it to that day, but I wanted to make sure it got posted here for everyone else!

• Options
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    So super short notice, but a few of us (@chaoticmuse, @That_Spoony_Bard, possibly @psychopez, and if we're lucky @peetsnack) will be heading to the August GASP game day on August 3rd. Details are in the link in my previous post.

zerzhul on
  • Options
    k-mapsk-maps I wish I could find the Karnaugh map for love. 2^<3Registered User regular
    Wait what? When did this shit go down? Are you planning more events like this?

--- lonely pitt grad student (from PAX Prime)

• Options
    edited September 2013
    zerzhul wrote: »
    So super short notice, but a few of us (@chaoticmuse, @That_Spoony_Bard, possibly @psychopez, and if we're lucky @peetsnack) will be heading to the August GASP game day on August 3rd. Details are in the link in my previous post.

never heard of gasp until now, but thats pretty awesome. and its really close for me(just a couple miles)! how many people usually attend? and is it mostly tabletop games, or a little of everything? also, what ages usually attend? sorry for all the questions, but it sounds like an awesome thing i should look into =P

Shref on
  • Options
    I don't hold the events, there are some links in this thread to the GASP website though. They do a game day at least once a month.

These are tabletop events, and include minis and RPGs as well as card and box games. They have their own forums where they organize some of the types of stuff that needs organization, but basically think of it as the pax tabletop freeplay area :)

I've seen all ages there.

• Options
    Just checked this morning, and the next GASP Games Day is September 14th.

• Options
    Just checked this morning, and the next GASP Games Day is September 14th.
    Just my luck, already have plans that day :(
    thanks for the info, though! being as i live in bellevue, i pretty much HAVE to start going. lol.

• Options
    Yeah I'm pretty close as well. There's also events at Legions pretty often I think, and some other game store that's nearby on the north side not too far from Legions.

• Options
    Yup, next one is the FIRST Saturday of October, the 5th. There is no November GASP Saturday like normal because GASP-Con is Nov 8-10. And the December date will be the 14th.

twitter.com/Menolly07
  • Options
    Another gasp day gone by, and a 3 hour lords of waterdeep under our belt. I blame @Menolly07

• Options
    Another gasp day gone by, and a 3 hour lords of waterdeep under our belt. I blame @Menolly07

:(
    next month. i hope...

• Options
    Reminder that this Saturday (October 5th) is GASP day :)

• Options
    peetsnackpeetsnack Team Green Poké Assist, Lord Commander of the Night's Watch, Head Girl House Hufflepuff The Cleave LandsRegistered User regular
    I shall be at the GASP tomorrow. You all should join me. It will be rad. :D

7B14287.png
  • Options
    peetsnack wrote: »
    I shall be at the GASP tomorrow. You all should join me. It will be rad. :D

maybe if they'd learn to work around MY schedule ;)

• Options
    No game day for November, due to GASP Con 14 November 8th-10th. Basically a 3-day mini-con for tabletop gaming.

• Options
    No game day for November, due to GASP Con 14 November 8th-10th. Basically a 3-day mini-con for tabletop gaming.
    wow, thats awesome! I should be able go at least one of those days. What's the cost?

• Options
    I don't know off-hand. I don't have anything to do with running any of these things, I just attend :)

There's probably information in the page I linked (or in links from that page).

• Options
  • Options
    not bad. whats a knight? and why no standard mtg tourneys? :P

• Options
    edited October 2013
    They have their own forums and such on which they organize things, this isn't PA or PAX related at all. It's just a fun group that organizes activities that local paxers attend on the regular :) I can't really answer any questions for you about it. You'll likely have to click around on the GASP site and that warhorn site to find other info on it.

zerzhul on
  • Options
    i know lo. sorry for asking so many questions =P

• Options
    GASP day is coming up soon! Saturday, December 14th!

I shall be there, and I believe @peetsnack is coming too.

On another note, does anyone go to LEGIONS on the regular?

• Options
    I do indeed intend to be there.

7B14287.png
  • Options
    I go to Legions at times, I've gotten into Warmachine and Legions is the go to place for tabletop minis. Though they're mainly into 40k...

Also, I'll be at GASP this weekend.

“Myth is the hidden part of every story, the buried part, the region that is still unexplored because there are as yet no words to enable us to get there."

-Italo Calvino
  • Options
    I didn't realize how massive of a space they have. Only really saw the entrance and assumed it was tiny. That place is fucking gigantic. I'm considering getting back into M:tG through their various events.

• Options
    Yeah, don't know how much you saw. They pretty much own the basement to the entire strip mall. They have a 'back room' that's 1.5 times the size of the front room.

During Return to Ravinca I was doing Friday Night Magic drafts there...drafting is really the only way I care to play M:tG these days.

-Italo Calvino
  • Options
    GASP Game Days Dates

January 11th (that's THIS Saturday, guys!)
    February 8th
    March 8th
    April 12th
    May 10th
    June 14th
    July 12th
    August 9th
    September 13th
    October 11th
    December 13th

twitter.com/Menolly07
  • Options
    I was just thinking about this, thanks for updating it! Too bad the April one is during PAX East.