As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFXIV:ARR] Ghosts and Coblyns coming next week!

• Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Ishtaar wrote: »
    An issue wherein players were unable to use their pet’s actions while casting a spell.
    holyshitholyshitholyshitholyshit

Summoners and Scholars are going to be even more awesome now.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    BadwrongBadwrong TokyoRegistered User regular
    Hah, so Garuda will still probably be the fastest myth gain since we kill her in 5 mins or less.

Steam: Badwrong || Xbox: Duncan Dohnuts || PSN: Buc_wild

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Options
    am0nam0n Registered User regular
    Unused gear will be bound to a character after engaging in battle, crafting, or gathering even once, regardless of item level.

I don't understand this one. Why was this change needed? Were people somehow exploiting the fact that you could have unbound gear in your armory?
    Enhancing effects and enfeebling effects applied to another player or enemy by your character will now always appear to the left of all other status effects underneath the target bar.

As a healer, I like this one. So many times the debuffs on the tanks don't show up on the left side where the player health bars are. Sure, you can target them and see it on the far right, but it's nicer if you can do something besides just have them targeted constantly.
    An issue wherein players were able to fight monsters in the instanced dungeon "Amdapor Keep" without taking any damage.

Oh no, they are nerfing Stoneskin! (just kidding!)

• Options
    Badwrong wrote: »
    Hah, so Garuda will still probably be the fastest myth gain since we kill her in 5 mins or less.

Well, for all the rest of us, at least it's another option. =P

Any one know how many tomes AK/WP drop now?

• Options
    KiTAKiTA Registered User regular
    So, the fix to prevent speedruns was to move mobs so they're in the way now. So much for the whole "reason means they'll make the mobs worth something" thing that was all over gamefaqs and neogaf.

• Options
    IshtaarIshtaar Fun is underrated. Registered User regular
    Heh, NA servers are up and there's a queue at 7am EST. It was only 9 people, but still.

FFXIV: Sith Lord ~ D3: Ish ~ Steam:Ishie
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    QoL wishlist:

Party list health bars should change color when there's a debuff on, because they're still annoying to spot in the heat of combat, when there's just a minial up/down shape to distinguish the icons.

Something like PowerAuras from WoW when you proc stuff like Freecure - again, annoying to spot mid-combat, especially since I'm so busy focusing on staring at nothing but health bars.

• Options
    KiTA wrote: »
    So, the fix to prevent speedruns was to move mobs so they're in the way now. So much for the whole "reason means they'll make the mobs worth something" thing that was all over gamefaqs and neogaf.

They now drop gil:
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/97920-EU-FINAL-FANTASY-XIV-A-Realm-Reborn-Hot-Fixes-(Sep.-27)?p=1428873&viewfull=1#post1428873

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Options
    CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    am0n wrote: »
    Unused gear will be bound to a character after engaging in battle, crafting, or gathering even once, regardless of item level.

I don't understand this one. Why was this change needed? Were people somehow exploiting the fact that you could have unbound gear in your armory?

You only 'bound' items to your character when you gained spiritbond with them. Because spiritbond is based on the 'ilevel' of the item you could kill shit in AK, or cm, or prae without actually binding anything above level 70 to your character, meaning you could run a lot of stuff with high end crafted stuff like Vanya, Gryphonskin, etc, and then turn around and sell it still after using it because it hadn't gained any spiritbond and therefore wasn't bound to you.

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • Options

They now drop gil:
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/97920-EU-FINAL-FANTASY-XIV-A-Realm-Reborn-Hot-Fixes-(Sep.-27)?p=1428873&viewfull=1#post1428873
    Reddit is saying 40-60gil per trash mob now.

• Options
    seabassseabass Doctor MassachusettsRegistered User regular

They now drop gil:

I wonder how long it takes to speedrun CM now. Honestly, few thousand gold isn't a great trade for X minutes if X is large.

Run you pigeons, it's Robert Frost!
  • Options
    CorriganX wrote: »
    am0n wrote: »

You only 'bound' items to your character when you gained spiritbond with them. Because spiritbond is based on the 'ilevel' of the item you could kill shit in AK, or cm, or prae without actually binding anything above level 70 to your character, meaning you could run a lot of stuff with high end crafted stuff like Vanya, Gryphonskin, etc, and then turn around and sell it still after using it because it hadn't gained any spiritbond and therefore wasn't bound to you.

Okay, that makes sense. So is it just items you have equipped? Or anything in your armory will be bound? I agree with anything equipped, for sure, but anything in your armory would be excessive.

• Options
    seabass wrote: »

They now drop gil:

I wonder how long it takes to speedrun CM now. Honestly, few thousand gold isn't a great trade for X minutes if X is large.

Well since Philo tome amount went up in AK, there should be no reason to run CM any more. It was already fairly close to the amount you got in CM, but includes myths, gear and now gil going to parties of 4.

But, I dunno how many philo drop in AK now... anyone know?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Options
    Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I can't see them doing that to armory stuff. You would end up not being able to sell anything.

...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • Options
    seabassseabass Doctor MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    edited October 2013
    seabass wrote: »

They now drop gil:

Well since Philo tome amount went up in AK, there should be no reason to run CM any more. It was already fairly close to the amount you got in CM, but includes myths, gear and now gil going to parties of 4.

But, I dunno how many philo drop in AK now... anyone know?

I believe it's at parity now, or slightly in AK's favor.

The problem is I don't have enough people in my free company to throw together an AK static, and my tank and I have had no luck getting appropriately geared DPS through the duty finder (currently 0/5). The beauty of running CM through the duty finder was that with 8 people, you can kind of absorb a couple of fuck ups or guys in ilvl45 gear. AK isn't as forgiving.

I'll probably just take a break from the tome grind to do some crafting while I wait on our DPS to catch up.

seabass on
    Run you pigeons, it's Robert Frost!
  • Options
    GrundlestiltskinGrundlestiltskin Behind you!Registered User regular
    Great weekend of progress with the wife out of town (I don't want to talk about how much I played Sunday, it was bad). Took pugilist to 30 and lancer to 15 and unlocked monk. Hit 50 on my WHM and completed the story (thanks to two awesome FC groups for CM and Praetorium).

Ran two pug AKs, which were...interesting experiences. The first one had a tank who a) was undergeared and b) apparently thought running by all the mobs was still a thing, wouldn't wait for buffs ever and would always be running to the next pack before the last mob was dead. Basically, trying to act like a pro tank even though they certainly weren't and fucked up a lot of pulls as a result (leading to his death, a few times). We had an overgeared bard who was just ripping aggro from the tank, though he was good enough at kiting that we kept him alive. Had a few wipes on the demon wall (the BLM and I were both new) but got through it. Pugged it again on Sunday and just had a perfect group with a full darklight tank and aced the place. Picked up 3 pieces of 50 gear between the two runs, so that's good (though I miss my Healer robe already :?).

Not sure if at this point I want to work on leveling the monk or grind AK for gear. I think I'll probably just look for AK groups as they form in FC and spare myself the aggravation.

3DS FC: 2079-6424-8577 | PSN: KaeruX65 | Steam: Karulytic | FFXIV: Wonder Boy
  • Options
    We were wondering, just how many more people need their "first" titan kill?

I know some have done their second relic now. I try my best to get those who have been waiting more than a week for a kill. We did three of those last night... just curious if there are any more who have had trouble catching us at the right times?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Options
    Airship fee has gone down to 120gil. Nice change for low level players at least.

• Options
    Airship fee has gone down to 120gil. Nice change for low level players at least.

I always thought it was stupid that taking an airship to a major city and teleporting there were often similar costs, given that taking an airship is significantly more of a hassle.

• Options
    Greg USNGreg USN Registered User regular
    anyone know how many tomes WP drops now? I'm reading its a better deal than AK now due to how fast you can run it ect (not like AK takes long Kubi, chuun and I make short work of it).

FFXIV Petra Ironheart
    Infinity Mog 21 and over Free Company Sargatanas Server. Recruitment currently closed.
    m1LuFkU.jpg
  • Options
    since the edit button is not poping up I just read its 100P 30M that's pretty awesome. And Gil drops! I'd consider running that as I consider it a more enjoyable dungeon.

FFXIV Petra Ironheart
    Infinity Mog 21 and over Free Company Sargatanas Server. Recruitment currently closed.
    m1LuFkU.jpg
  • Options
    MutilateMutilate Registered User regular
    edited October 2013
    An issue wherein players were unable to use their pet’s actions while casting a spell.
    holyshitholyshitholyshitholyshit
    Summoners and Scholars are going to be even more awesome now.

This is great news! I am so excited for this "bug fix". It's cool Square we won't tell anyone, it can be our little secret.

Mutilate on
  • Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Moved buffs/debuffs that you cast to the extreme left in the list

Yess

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Greg USN wrote: »
    anyone know how many tomes WP drops now? I'm reading its a better deal than AK now due to how fast you can run it ect (not like AK takes long Kubi, chuun and I make short work of it).

Benefit I see to doing AK, though, is gear. You can slowly gear up with the iLvl 60 stuff out of AK while buying darklight. And if you are like me and refuse to buy the cowl, can try to pick up a tunic/headpiece until you can afford the extra tomes for the Vanya stuff (Vanya Chest + Helm is like 2250 tomes as opposed to 1320 for the cowl).

• Options
    I have most of the AK drops now and its getting a little stale.

FFXIV Petra Ironheart
    m1LuFkU.jpg
  • Options
    MutilateMutilate Registered User regular
    Semi related, maybe loosely but who can recommend a new mouse to me?

• Options
    Wicked Uncle ErnieWicked Uncle Ernie Registered User regular
    To me, most of the high end mouses are pretty solid, performance-wise. Best thing to do is go mess with a few and find one you like holding. I have a Razer Deathadder that I really like. Mostly because of it's shape.

• Options
    I use the logitech M500 or whatever the current generation is. Solid 5 button mouse.

• Options
    CormacCormac Registered User regular
    I'm very happy with my Logitech G600 but I'll occasionally switch to my G500 when I don't need the extra buttons.

Steam: Gridlynk | PSN: Gridlynk | FFXIV: Jarvellis Mika
  • Options
    MyDcmbrMyDcmbr PEWPEWPEW!!! America's WangRegistered User regular
    Awww man!

They are making AK, which I don't like, a better option to run at end game than CM, which I do like.

Steam
    So we get stiff once in a while. So we have a little fun. What’s wrong with that? This is a free country, isn’t it? I can take my panda any place I want to. And if I wanna buy it a drink, that’s my business.
  • Options
    Still nothing on Chocobo companions. I really do wonder what the intended use for them is; is it something you're supposed to want to use all the time, or just for that extra boost when you need it? If it's the former they really need to make it so that you can use one while queued for a duty, if not also while mounted. If it's the latter, they might consider looking at the ridiculous amount of xp you need to rank all the way up. Who knows?

I also really wish they'd look at the amount of XP battlecraft leves give you compared to FATEs; they're not even remotely comparable right now (aside from a random chance at items you probably won't need and can't sell), to the point that people will abandon leves if FATEs pop up nearby. Also, no Chocobo companions for GC leves?

I think dungeon XP is fine, it's just the queues that are a bear - especially since you can't join FATE parties (or use a chocobo companion!) while queued.

All told, it's coming along. Still needs some work.

• Options
    I think dungeon XP is fine, it's just the queues that are a bear - especially since you can't join FATE parties (or use a chocobo companion!) while queued.

I would generally agree with this, except that along with allowing you to solo queue while in a party (so you can Fate or whatever between dungeons), I would either increase the level of the mobs in the dungeons by maybe 1-2 levels (so that you can get chain exp for more than just that first level) or let you join the instance a level or two below the "recommended." (i.e. Toto-Rak is level 24... so you can join at level 22 or 23, getting chain exp until you hit level 25... then do whatever to level 26 or 27 and can queue up for Haukke Manor)

If they increased the number of levels you could do a dungeon while gaining the chain bonus, they wouldn't have to touch the actual experience reward of the creatures, since that alone would be a good boost.

• Options
    MiniwolfMiniwolf Probably somewhere sniffing somethingRegistered User regular
    MyDcmbr wrote: »
    Awww man!

They are making AK, which I don't like, a better option to run at end game than CM, which I do like.

Hehe, you will not be saying that when you've seen the inside of CM 80+ times.

League Of Legends: Ulven
    Q98DBY0.pngwolfmini.png
  • Options
    MyDcmbrMyDcmbr PEWPEWPEW!!! America's WangRegistered User regular
    Miniwolf wrote: »
    Awww man!

Demon Wall...

Steam
    So we get stiff once in a while. So we have a little fun. What’s wrong with that? This is a free country, isn’t it? I can take my panda any place I want to. And if I wanna buy it a drink, that’s my business.
  • Options
    Miniwolf wrote: »
    Awww man!

Demon Wall...

Love me some demon wall.

Mind you, I haven't run either 50+ times, but I've definitely run AK a lot more than CM and prefer AK to CM. Maybe it's because I feel like I am fighting creatures in AK and not fighting cutscenes?

• Options
    CormacCormac Registered User regular
    The fun in Demon Wall comes in trying to down it before the bees spawn. It went from being one of my least favorite fights to one of my favorites as I geared up.

Steam: Gridlynk | PSN: Gridlynk | FFXIV: Jarvellis Mika
  • Options
    JormungandrJormungandr Registered User regular
    Did some poking around via google, but couldn't find the answer to this question :

Which races / sub-races ride the unicorn which way? Friend of mine hates sidesaddle, and wants to switch to a race that rides "normally" rather than his current Hyur. I believe Elezen also ride sidesaddle? Does which sub-race you are matter? I think I saw a Mi'Qote riding normally the other day, but I couldn't swear to it.

Thanks!

• Options
    I rode the unicorn once before I switched back to my Chobo, but I think my Mithra rode it normally.

This discussion has been closed.